• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I got Legendary Alm from the Banner. My 2nd Pair-Up Hero after Roy. And with +ATK, -DEF. Pretty cool.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Surely 300+ Orbs is enough for three Laegjarns, right?

Nope. Just one. At the very least it's not a repeat of Edelgard, but still.

I know Idunn and Canneighis are great pity breakers and I might even try slapping that Fortress Def/Res 3 on Laegjarn herself, but I've been at this for over a year, so I'd really, really like to be finished this banner. Then I can focus entirely on Summer Laegjarn who I have had far better luck with based on her debut banner.

Also I still hate Eirika, every time I pull for Laegjarn, tome Eirika or Legendary Eirika have consistently pity broken me, what nonsense.

20191030_84847386.jpg

20191030_84939447.jpg

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
As someone trying to get all the legendary and mythical heroes and normally spending $150 a month before giving up, I ended up spending over $300 on this banner before finally getting Leif and Alm...both with +Speed - Attack. It's worse on Leif who doesn't even need good speed...I think I have a problem.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally did it.

Granted, I haven't actually tried to play AR optimally score wise, just play it casually for the rewards, but it's pretty cool I was able to make it here. Had been stuck in Tier 19 for months.

Now if only I could get two Laegjarns as a reward... :upsidedown:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the next banner leaked early and it’s pretty hype:

That duo unit though...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, there's the trailer:

-Tethys looks to be our demote. But then again, she is a Dancer and Ewan looks likely as well, although he has Sabotage SPD. So who knows...
-Firesweep Axe is finally a thing.
-So it says that Ephraim+Lyon won't be permanent.....Duo Units. Cool concept, horrid execution.
-Ross will be the 3/4 Star and Cormag is the Grand Hero Battle. That's cool.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, there's the trailer:

-Tethys looks to be our demote. But then again, she is a Dancer and Ewan looks likely as well, although he has Sabotage SPD. So who knows...
-Firesweep Axe is finally a thing.
-So it says that Ephraim+Lyon won't be permanent.....Duo Units. Cool concept, horrid execution.
-Ross will be the 3/4 Star and Cormag is the Grand Hero Battle. That's cool.
Very glad to see my boys Gerik and Cormag are finally in Heroes! I might try to pull for Gerik once I have enough orbs following my endeavors in trying to pull another DC fodder within these next few days. Cormag being a free unit is great; now I just hope he gets the Astram treatment or at the very least has serviceable stats.

Also really happy to see the Firesweep Axe is finally a thing! That means Summer Innes will become a much better unit since he really needed a weapon like that with his stats. The weapon being 5-star locked much like the Firesweep Bow is a bit sad though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So according to Yamada Kotaro, the artist for Ephraim and Lyon, it is supposed to be Ephraim and Lyon before the event of Sacred Stones.

Pretty interesting detail and it is one of the things that some people did want to see in Fire Emblem Heroes regarding getting characters from different time periods.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Really happy to see Cormag, he was one of my favorite units to use in Sacred Stones and since that was my first game he's held a special place among the cast for me. He'll definitely be my Grail project for the future and I'll get to building him as soon as the GHB drops.

Ivander

Smash Legend
New comic, this time, giving the old veterans some time to shine.
I don't blame Gordin, Soren and Tailtiu. Training Tower missions can be real tiring. That aside, the new artist makes Wrys, Jagen and Gunter look a bit too young, especially in comparison to Wrys' early appearance in the comic.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm aware of double-posting....But anyway, stats:

In comparison to units:
Ewan vs Hubert: -3/-2/+1/+4/+10
Ross vs Edelgard: +6/-1/+1/-5/+3
Ross vs Summer Adult Tiki: +12/+2/+1/0/0
Ephraim vs Shiro: 0/+4/0/+2/+3
Cormag vs Valter: 0/+4/+1/0/+4
Cormag vs Valter with Cursed Lance: 0/0/-1/0/+4
Gerik vs Hilda: +4/-1/0/+2/-1
Tethys vs Kaze: +4/-3/-1/+6/0
Tethys vs Performing Arts Olivia: +4/-1/-1/+7/+6
-Ross has a Superboon in ATK, meaning he can 56 ATK with a 14 MT weapon. And he's a frickin' 3-4 Star.
-Cormag is pretty much a better Valter, although when Valter has his Cursed Lance, the only advantages Cormag has is RES and his Refinable Slaying Lance+, which he can refine for SPD, DEF or RES. Valter's Cursed Lance also has a Fury effect, meaning Cormag tanks more effectively than Valter as he doesn't lose HP after combat.
-Ultimately, Cormag isn't a bad unit stat-wise, as there are not alot of Tanky Lance Fliers and Cormag actually has the highest ATK out of all Tank Lance fliers, not including Boons. Heck, he has the highest ATK out of all Lance Fliers Neutral-wise. If including Boons in regards to Tank Lance Fliers, the only ones who get higher ATK or equal ATK are Bridal Tanith, HSRyoma and Spring Marisa and even then, Cormag has more DEF and more/equal RES compared to them. His only real competitions are Thea and Valter(and Subaki, but I'll get there in a minute). Thea will not beat Cormag in HP, ATK or DEF boon-wise and Valter needs his Cursed Lance to compete with Cormag.
So if you don't have a Thea/Valter/Subaki invested, Cormag is a perfectly acceptable choice for a Tank Lance Flier.

Ross and Cormag's skills:

Much like Valbar, Ross' skills aren't much. Cormag, however, has Dull Close 3 at 4-star and DEF Opening 3 at 5-star. Both are pretty good skills to have.

And the Refines for Athena, Subaki, Female Kana and Gordin have been shown:
-Athena gets a Wo Dao Blade and it's Refine is Desperation. This allows Athena to free up her B-slot with Special Spiral or Wrath(especially now with Astram available) and allows her to really rack up damage when in Desperation Range.
-Gordin's weapon is a Brave Bow, unsurprisingly. His Refine is Tharja's Hex's Refine, where it decreases any foe's stats within 2 range, except instead of ATK and SPD, it affects ATK and DEF. So he benefits not only himself, but also his allies. For himself, he effectively has a 13 MT Brave Bow and it also gives him +4 DEF/RES, adding to Gordin's already Tanky DEF and giving him some more RES.
-Kana's Sunstone gives her +4 to all her stats in combat if the following happens:
1: If she is attacked by her foe.
2: If the foe has no bonus on them like a Rally or Hone.
This makes her into an effective tank when she is attacked and a great attacker provided her foe does not have buffs if she attacks. Her Refine is Lull ATK/SPD, giving the foe -3 ATK/SPD and neutralises their bonuses in those stats. This effectively gives her +4/+7/+7/+7 to all her stats if she is attacked or if the foe has no bonuses. What also makes her Lull ATK/SPD great is that it "Neutralises" foe's bonuses in ATK and SPD, meaning if she attacks a foe with only ATK and SPD bonuses, she will get the +4 to all stats as long as they don't have a DEF or RES bonus(until Lull DEF/RES comes out).
-Subaki gets a Slaying Lance with an effect like Selena's Blade or Kliff's Tome, where he gets +3 to all stats if his ATK is 3 lower than the foe's attack. His Refine is an incredibly easy version of Karla and Flying Nino's weapon, where when he has above 70% health at start of combat, he will always deal an additional +7 true damage. This effectively gives him an additional +10 ATK when his ATK is lower than the foes and he's above 70% health.
This is where he can now compete with Thea, Valter and Cormag. He has an ATK Superboon, but it only gets him to 29 ATK(-3 to Valter, -5 to ATK-Boon Thea and -7 to Cormag and Cursed Lance Valter) and with his new weapon, he reaches 45 ATK, which is still very low, making it very easy to activate his +3 Stats, giving him an effective 40/48/38/38/25 statline. Combined with the +7 true damage, he effectively has 55 ATK.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sooo... does Male Kana also get that refine or..?
Nope. Just Female Kana. They most likely did it because of her 5-Star status which made her less common to face than Male Kana. The other reason may be that Male Kana will get a Moonstone to Female Kana's Sunstone, considering Male Corrin is considered the main for Birthright while Female Corrin is considered the main for Conquest.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't believe we got an ending worse than Book II's, but here we are, huh?

No seriously they didn't even TRY to create dramatic tension it was literally just "We finally killed Hel, let's all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes!"

Ivander

Smash Legend
I can't believe we got an ending worse than Book II's, but here we are, huh?

No seriously they didn't even TRY to create dramatic tension it was literally just "We finally killed Hel, let's all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes!"
Where was the dramatic tension in Book II's ending? All I felt was, "It's finally over and I still feel unsatisfied." At least Book III's ending was at least straightforward and straight to the point, instead of suddenly giving Eir some problem that would never be mentioned again like Fjorm.

Like, I know the last chapter had an issue with pacing regarding Hel's revelation, which could've been revealed earlier. But at least this still felt like it ended on a straight note rather than a very crooked and unsatisfying one like Book II.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Where was the dramatic tension in Book II's ending? All I felt was, "It's finally over and I still feel unsatisfied." At least Book III's ending was at least straightforward and straight to the point, instead of suddenly giving Eir some problem that would never be mentioned again like Fjorm.

Like, I know the last chapter had an issue with pacing regarding Hel's revelation, which could've been revealed earlier. But at least this still felt like it ended on a straight note rather than a very crooked and unsatisfying one like Book II.
I wasn't necessarily praising Book II's ending, but at least stuff happens in Book II's ending, as contrived as much of it was. And even if things like Fjorm's disease and Laevatein becoming queen were never touched on ever again, at least they gave us something to speculate on and look forward to at the time.

If Book II's ending problem was trying way too hard to drum up dramatic tension at the tail end with ass pulls and contrivances, Book III's ending had the exact opposite problem - literally just not even trying to make the ending exciting in the slightest, even dropping some of the genuinely interesting hooks they had been building up. Like I said, it was literally a "let's all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes!" ending. Like there's nothing to talk about with it or even really dissect. It just came and went.

Last edited:

EaglePie

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeldaGamer08
Man this banner was really lucky for me. ANd tbh Sacred Stones banner was bait; disappointing since I love the game, but not surprising. Except for the New Power banner (+2 Kana is hungry) and DC banner (Kana is even more hungry for a certain feline who should be on the banner), I think I'm good. Hopefully I'll have at least 250+ to summon if I summon on those banners
Also, what are your thoughts on the new SS banner?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
These are the nicest words to hear after finally +10'ing a 5-Star exclusive unit you've been working on for a year.

I had to spend money to get that last merge, more than I rightly should on this game, but I also started a new job recently and apparently got a promotion today on my third day, so I guess this can be my celebration.

So glad to finally not have to worry about this anymore. Summer Laegjarn should be way easier to chase merges for since she's in an easier colour pool, and she's already +4 from her first banner. Plus I can at bare minimum just hoard for next summer since she will be back then.

Only problem is if they bring out another Laegjarn alt before then...

Ivander

Smash Legend
So the ending for Book III got an animation.
Probably wasn't in the game due to storage space, but hey, still cool.

Also, move over Dire Thunder, Cherche's Axe, Thani, etc. Voting Flags are, in fact, the strongest weapons.
This weapon better happen at some point.

Ivander

Smash Legend
*insert Kermit here* It's not easy....to not double post.

Anyway, surprisingly, it's not Far-fetched Heroes 3, it's a Binding Blade Banner.
-Our new Banner heroes are Larum, Perceval, Echidna, and Igrene.
-Our new 3-4 star hero is Chad.
-Our Tempest Trial unit is Brunnya, our 2nd Tempest Trial Villain Free Unit after Black Knight.
-With Igrene comes our First Red Bow Unit finally.
-With Larum, Roy now has his entire harem.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ifrene looks to be pretty powerful. Life and death four won’t be fun

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tempted to pull for Life and Death 4 to slap it on Delthea. Just for that sweet, sweet +2 Atk/Spd.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Sigrun and now Brunnya! I'm liking the shift back towards canon units in the Tempest.

As for the banner, just a couple thoughts:
1) Surprised that Perceval is one of the stars of the banner. He's got some top-notch skills that basically make him Sirius with a less consistent weapon (also that +4 stat boost is making Lloyd very jealous). Man, I'd really love to use him if I get him, but he's also some incredible fodder...
2) Finally, a red bow. A year and a half after they started adding colored bows. Better late than never, I guess.
3) Echidna is the demote (I mean, most likely), which makes her axe nice and accesible. That +7 Def is gonna be fun, especially for Haar.
4) And of course, a dancer. Because it's not a New Heroes banner without a new dancer/singer.
5) Chad

EaglePie

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeldaGamer08
I'm really happy, I got Chad really early and a pitybreaker Mercedes in 40 orbs. RIP me using 7 more than necessary for a 3* nino and shigure. Not as good as a 5* focus, but I have no raigh or anyone else lol. Also, DC banner tomorrow. I really need a Nailah right now for F!Kana, she's going to be my AR super tank. I'll still have around 130 when the banner comes, so that's nice

Ivander

Smash Legend
New FEH Comic:

And more meme material:

It becomes more hilarious in hindsight when you find out who else her English voice actor does.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So can someone fill me in on what actually happened in that Xenologue?

I was too busy sweating over the fact that I was playing this game on public bus while Loki of all characters had to come on screen with tons of dialogue.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So can someone fill me in on what actually happened in that Xenologue?

I was too busy sweating over the fact that I was playing this game on public bus while Loki of all characters had to come on screen with tons of dialogue.
By what I remember, despite losing, Thorr offered Lif and Thrasir a chance to get back their world after Hel didn't, as she says to them that their strength to keep fighting even at their darkest moments is true strength compared to the power the gods have. Lif is hesitant and his hesitance shifts alot when he learns that Thorr serves Alfaoor.
When it cuts to Loki, Loki talks about dreams and sleeping, much like when she was with Young Azura, and mentions, "If one can make anything possible, is there any difference between dreams and reality?" and when Alfonse arrives, she mentions that it had to be "this Alfonse", that this Alfonse is no friend to her so they have to go through the motions(aka fight). Once the battle ends, Loki mentions to Alfonse on how she's not his enemy and how he should be worrying about the ones who bring nightmares, the Dokkalfar, aka the Dark Elves. And says cryptically, "once your eyes have opened, come and see me once again".
It cuts back to Thorr, but Loki joins in and asks if Thorr has wrapped things up. Thrasir and Lif discuss whether or not it's possible and eventually Lif asks Thorr why she would beckon them despite losing. Loki then reminds him about how Lif said in his darkest moments that he would do "anything" to get back his world. Lif admits to it and eventually complies, but mentions that their contract is not for long, they'll eventually break free and that it'll serve as proof that the gods' arrogance has it's bounds. His vow not for him, but for another. Thorr then compliments him.

Basically, our next foe seems to be the Dark Elves, who control nightmares and it's possible our next Free Unit/Ally could either be a Light Elf or a renegade Dark Elf. They seem to want to expand upon the dream deal that they started with Young Azura.

EaglePie

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeldaGamer08
Ugh, skill sets are nice, but I keep forgetting to switch, so I end up having a DC Vantage Kana and not DC NCD. Caused me to lose 2 units and 80 lift because Kana couldn't counter a Veronica.
On a related note, hopefully the free unit is an Astra mythic that's green, which would complete the free unit color wheel. Some people are saying it should be a duo hero, but that's extremely unlikely, given the fact that IS didn't even want to put Ephraim in the normal pool.
Can't wait for the trailer today/banner on Thursday, I really want Julia/Sothis/Liki merges. If the hero is Lif, I hope that he has really good fodder, something special spiral/a 4 skill, maybe a new b skill.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So it's cool that they actually made a "Past" Mythic Hero. Makes me hope we'll see the likes of one of the Elibe Heroes, one of the Seven Crusaders of Jugdral or Anri.

That said:
-Flier Sword Reinhardt with Auto-DC Plus Brave Weapon Plus Vantage
-A-skill that ignores Flier weaknesses and gives additional ATK+DEF
-A slightly easier Iceberg Special that IGNORES Any Non-Special Damage % Reduce skill, like Brave Ike's Urvan.
-Gains alot of ATK+DEF when near an Ally, than can get additional ATK+DEF when either next to a Beast/Dragon Ally or alone.
-Probably has alot of RES due to her Special being based around RES.
-Can immediately pull off Twin Blades when near Brave Lucina with her Refine.

She's frickin' busted for a Red unit. Luckily, Blue Mages are abundant, but even then, she could survive a hit or two as it's hinted she has high RES and she can easily mess up your Blue Mage if you're not careful around Vantage.

Edit: Oh, it's interesting to note that Altina is our First Hero that did not appear in Choose Your Legends.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mythic Banner trailer be like:

*Summer Laevatein in green pool*

Me: "Aaaaah...."

*Summer Gunnthrá in colourless pool*

Me: "AAAAAAAH..."

*No Summer Laegjarn in blue pool*

Me: "Awwwww...."

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I hit a new milestone:

1575153893443.png

Aside from Silque nothing within the past year or so has made me really go deep into a banner. I can't think of the last time I was desperate on orbs.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So, no one talking about the new Feh Channel that dropped?

We're getting a new Aether Raids-like mode, and Book IV begins tomorrow! A new Thracia banner will debut with it.

Trailers below:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was going to post it as I found out earlier, but I was also watching it so I most likely was too slow anyway. Anyway...

You get a LAzura, you get a LAzura, Everybody gets a LAzura.

That said, a Free Mythic Light Dancer that is essentially a Free Legendary Azura is both a blessing and a curse for Aether Raids and Arena.

Now all I just wonder is what that new currency in Mjolnir's Strike is. Is it only exclusive to the mode? Or are we actually getting another currency to save up to use for something?

Edit: New Refines:

Clive and Mathilda: Clive's Lordly Lance has Armor Effectiveness while Mathilda's Knightly Lance has a Slaying Effect. Both of them have the Same Refine, where if they are 2 spaces within their Support Partner, both the Unit and the Support Partner gain +3 to all Stats. Basically, pair up Clive and Mathilda and both of them will have +6 to all their stats. A very fitting Refine for the couple and a very good effect in general. Heck, give both them either a Goad or a Ward and they'll have +10 to their ATK and SPD or DEF and RES alongside the other +6 stats.
And if you use Corrin and his Yato with Clive, Clive gets +7 to all his stats while Corrin gets +3 to his already balanced stats and his +2 Stats from Yato. Pretty good.

Mia: Mia's Refine basically gives her Karla's increased damage depending on SPD Gimmick. The only difference between her weapon and Karla's weapon is that Karla has a Slaying effect while Mia has a Wo Dao effect.

Arthur: OMG. His New Weapon and Refine are frickin' insane! First off, his Axe itself gives him +3 to all of his stats in combat if he is under the effects of a Bonus, like a Rally or Hone. Pretty good, but OMG at the Refine! His Refine gives him +5 to all of his combat stats if he is under 100% HP or if he's under the effect of a Penalty. In other words, if he's under both the effect of a Bonus AND under 100% HP, he literally gains +8 to all of his in-combat Stats! PLUS FRICKIN' EIGHT! I think Arthur just got the nomination for one of the best Refines in the game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We went from the land of the dead with heavy metal to some Tinkerbell spin-off lmao.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The drastic change in tone is rather funny. That being said, I honestly got more Sleeping Beauty vibes mixed in with Alice in Wonderland from the trailer. And....well...Castlevania Symphony of the Night vibes from the upside-down castle.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm aware I'm double-posting. If not for how frickin' important this update change is and to question why the Feh Channel made no mention of this change:

Thank.........*******.........god. No more relying on Cheerleading for the Arena. Now we can actually have our good units deal with units like Surtr and whatnot after getting our Bonus unit to do their one kill.

Arena still sucks with the whole BST deal, but this change is a much needed step in the right direction. Just to mention, it's not now, but next Season on the 10th.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh so none of the characters in the FE Heroes death tally are actually dead. They're just a little under the weather.

That explains everything.

lw4yer6plq241.png

Top Bottom