• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm aware it's Double Post but....

CALLING ALL FIRE EMBLEM HEROES PLAYERS
ChikoLad ChikoLad
@Shishœ
Erureido Erureido
Opossum Opossum
Z25 Z25
False Sense False Sense
slamallama slamallama

F2P WRATH! I REPEAT! F2P WRATH!

Oh, and Astram is great Stat-wise.
HP: 44
ATK: 35
SPD: 36
DEF: 36
RES: 21
He makes for a pretty good mixed phase unit thanks to Mercurius, as when the buffs are active, he'll have 58/40/40/25 stats. He would work incredibly well with Brave Lucina.

But that aside, F2P WRATH! No need to rely on a 5* with Wrath for fodder!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

ChikoLad ChikoLad
@Shishœ
Erureido Erureido
Opossum Opossum
Z25 Z25
False Sense False Sense
slamallama slamallama

He makes for a pretty good mixed phase unit thanks to Mercurius, as when the buffs are active, he'll have 58/40/40/25 stats. He would work incredibly well with Brave Lucina.

This is great to see. I’m going to probably invest in Astram. He’s really solid and can our class most speedy sword unit. Wraith is going to be fun to have.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't have much use for Wrath since it's Infantry restricted and off the top of my head I don't have any Infantry that desperately need it, but it's nice to have some of these pivotal skills becoming more available. I might slap one on my Marth since he typically uses Steady/Warding Breath.

Also Bantu has Fierce Stance so that's nice too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I guess after the game made go up to 4.75 to get a non focus five star in the dancer banner, my luck came back. In about 60 orbs and the tickets I got:
7D1F23B2-5348-4A5C-BC50-C9FA75E775D2.png

Plus attack minus def
And:
BFD58797-6754-4081-AD77-104ABCFB3267.png

Plus attack minus hp.
And a five star Thea that’s plus def minus speed. I’ll probably merge her down the road to us 10.

Overall a very good batch of pulls.

The story chapter was actually really good. The Veronica and Alfonse interactions were great.

The forging bonds is also really well written and does something it should have before. It brings characters in from other games to interact with these new ones[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>watching that strange, roundabout AlfonsexVeronica ship teasing in the new story chapter

1568914027259.png

slamallama

Smash Journeyman

ChikoLad ChikoLad
@Shishœ
Erureido Erureido
Opossum Opossum
Z25 Z25
False Sense False Sense
slamallama slamallama

Yoooo we finally have all Three Regalia!
And WOW, Astram is a fantastic unit! I might start going for Nah in the Bonfire focus just so I can give him Bonus Doubler...
And of course a free source of Wrath is awesome. Funny that his weapon and Wind Boost depend on him having high HP to activate but Wrath is for low HP. Guess that just means he's a threat no matter where his HP is at. And that 25% range where he gets Mercurius's boosts AND Wrath is going to be delicious.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I got everyone I wanted now:
0F493C0B-3B68-415B-A093-82988D5FA5D7.png

All really quick too nice. Plus speed minus def.

Now to save and maybe pull from the legendary banner

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well I guess after the game made go up to 4.75 to get a non focus five star in the dancer banner, my luck came back. In about 60 orbs and the tickets I got:

And:

And a five star Thea that’s plus def minus speed. I’ll probably merge her down the road to us 10.

Overall a very good batch of pulls.

The story chapter was actually really good. The Veronica and Alfonse interactions were great.

The forging bonds is also really well written and does something it should have before. It brings characters in from other games to interact with these new ones
Congrats on pulling Nagi!

I pulled her too in three summoning rounds! The initial one was +Atk -Res: Great asset, meh flaw. After getting all the tickets and using a few more orbs, I managed to pull a second Nagi that was neutral, and so I merged that with my old one.

Can't wait to use her! Finally I'll have the ideal solution against those pesky colorless Dragons and Ophelia!

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Noticed I haven't posted anything here in a while. Figured I might as well show off my most recent projects:

image0-7.png

image0-6.png

image0-5.png

Just finished Black Knight today thanks to Forging Bond grails. Still undecided on what my next Grail project should be, so I'm probably just gonna save up until something comes along that catches my eye. If future free units are anything like Astram, there should be a good selection.

Outside of that, I'm just saving up orbs to finish off F!Grima once and for all in December. That's, uh, gonna be a lot of orbs for just two merges, but at least I can be almost certain that I'll be able to complete her then. Even at +8, she's been able to put in some serious work, not just as a unit but as a source of Arena points. This last Earth month in particular has been lovely, as she just lets me coast through Arena Assault and Allegiance Battles. Can't wait to put the finishing touches on her. :happysheep:

So that's what I've been doing, anyway. How's everyone else faring?

Ivander

Smash Legend
So that's what I've been doing, anyway. How's everyone else faring?
I recently got a -HP, +DEF Nagi from one of the FB Tickets. Also got Brave Ike and Brave Lucina their refines. I'm going to be giving Brave Lucina Blue Infantry Duel from a Dancer Berket to allow her to give a decent score in Arena, since I doubt I'm going to get merges for her, especially with her no longer appearing as a pitybreaker in newer Banners. But I'm getting Dancer Berket's Hero Merit to 6000 first. He's halfway there now.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
A bunch of fun, unorthodox but effective builds I've been working on:

20190923_120818.jpg

I'd wanted Ninian for ages, so when the new tutorial quests came out with her as a reward, I immediately went all-in on her build. Had a spare Hríd sitting around for awhile, so thanks to his Atk Smoke and Distant Counter, plus Water Breath, she makes for a dancer who doubles as a mini-tank/mage bait.

20190923_120827.jpg

Scendscale is powerful, yeah, but the damage spike really hurts Balm's defensive potential. With Steady Stance instead, comboed with Sturdy Blow and the Dracofalchion's buffs, he's essentially got a flat 48 Def while still doling out plenty of damage. And thanks to that beefy Def stat, Renewal and Noontime are more than enough to keep his HP full.

20190923_120759.jpg

For some reason, I've found myself trying to work Gharnef's... interesting statline into something useable. As soon as he gets some merges to buff up those base stats further, I'm sure this build will speak for itself.

20190923_120952.jpg

This Ethlyn does a great job of making her and her nearby allies into damage-soakers. She can choose between healing with Earthwater Balm to buff up her team's defenses, or use her Dazzling Fear to handle the enemy attack stats. Def/Res Bond might be better than Spd/Def, but the seal is currently unavailable...

20190923_120839.jpg

... because I'm using it on my tankiest support, Rinea. Her base stats don't really scream "damage soaker," but I was inspired by her Bracing Blow and the Def/Res Bond seal that also came from the Tempest. As long as she's adjacent to at least one ally, she has between +7 and +11 to all her stats, and in exchange, she gives them Distant Guard.

Huh. I guess my most creative builds are on the free units.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Today was a very good day. Not only did I finally manage to reach Tier 21 in Aether Raids, but my temptation to summon another Nagi got me a pitybreaker Nailah to give Distant Counter + Null C-Disrupt to Brave Ike. :love: Being able to fight against Disrupters is a huge boon.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Double-posting is way too easy to do here....

So here's something interesting to speculate on. Apparently, people are seeing this on the US iOS App Store.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...aw_this_on_the_ios_app_store_what_is_the_new/

Don't know whether or not this is some weird typo or possibly something regarding a new banner coming up. I don't expect it to be something about the new Mythic Hero coming up, but it is interesting to consider the fact that we haven't gotten a Cavalry Mythic Hero yet. Still, some speculation to think about.

That aside, another thing to consider. The first Brave Heroes, Ike/Roy/Lyn/Lucina, did get Refines on Brave month. In another month or two, it'll be two years since the first "Farfetched Heroes". A possibility for Mia, Dorcas, Lute and Joshua(@Shishœ ) Refines?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Double-posting is way too easy to do here....

So here's something interesting to speculate on. Apparently, people are seeing this on the US iOS App Store.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...aw_this_on_the_ios_app_store_what_is_the_new/

Don't know whether or not this is some weird typo or possibly something regarding a new banner coming up. I don't expect it to be something about the new Mythic Hero coming up, but it is interesting to consider the fact that we haven't gotten a Cavalry Mythic Hero yet. Still, some speculation to think about.

That aside, another thing to consider. The first Brave Heroes, Ike/Roy/Lyn/Lucina, did get Refines on Brave month. In another month or two, it'll be two years since the first "Farfetched Heroes". A possibility for Mia, Dorcas, Lute and Joshua(@Shishœ ) Refines?
If this was a legendary banner I would have said it’s Xander but now I don’t know. Could be something interesting to see.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fire Emblem Heroes first anniversary event: Here's some alts of characters that are already in the game, and don't worry, we'll have plenty more alts of these same characters in the future!

Dragalia Lost first anniversary event:

2019926_161836799.jpg

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Barigan comes to mind. He's the only mythic-like character I can think of who rides a horse, though I'd hardly expect him to beat Athos or Bramimond to being the first of the Eight Generals in the game

Ivander

Smash Legend
"I Wanna Be Tracer Thrasir"
Hmmm....
-On one hand, this could allow them to release Lif without him taking a Farfetched Heroes spot like what happened with Loki. It also spaces out the OCs compared to last year where the OCs were dropped very quickly after each other.
-But on the other.....Thrasir is our first "Alt" Mythic Hero. And compared to Eir, who at least has the "daughter of the Goddess of the Dead" bit in her favor, there's nothing that really gives the impression of Thrasir being a "being of power" on the likes of Duma, Yune and Naga(I've yet to complete TH regarding Sothis), aside the fact that she's using her ancestor's name and.....is dead and under the command of Hel.
But just the fact that she's our first "Alt" Mythic Hero is what I'm sure will have people worrying regarding newer Mythic Heroes in the future.

We have 3 Veronica Alts and the original is still not available. Geez, poor regular Veronica.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, Panic Smoke is going to be a pain.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmmm....
-On one hand, this could allow them to release Lif without him taking a Farfetched Heroes spot like what happened with Loki. It also spaces out the OCs compared to last year where the OCs were dropped very quickly after each other.
-But on the other.....Thrasir is our first "Alt" Mythic Hero. And compared to Eir, who at least has the "daughter of the Goddess of the Dead" bit in her favor, there's nothing that really gives the impression of Thrasir being a "being of power" on the likes of Duma, Yune and Naga(I've yet to complete TH regarding Sothis), aside the fact that she's using her ancestor's name and.....is dead and under the command of Hel.
But just the fact that she's our first "Alt" Mythic Hero is what I'm sure will have people worrying regarding newer Mythic Heroes in the future.

We have 3 Veronica Alts and the original is still not available. Geez, poor regular Veronica.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, Panic Smoke is going to be a pain.
You could argue that she is now immortal as she is a literal vessel of hell right now. She died before and is now a being of pure power

Ivander

Smash Legend
You could argue that she is now immortal as she is a literal vessel of hell right now. She died before and is now a being of pure power
Hmm, maybe.

Although Big Brain time keeps telling me that after Hel is defeated, there will be some "universal balance" problem after her defeat, Eir can't do much and so Lif and Thrasir will become the new King and Queen of the Realm of the Dead, thus "explaining" why Lif and Thrasir are Mythic Heroes.
Or Eir does take over and she revives Lif and Thrasir and they become her bodyguards/right&left hands/etc, which would also "explain" why they are Mythics as they now serve under her at a much higher power.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tempted to pull for Legendary Eliwood but I don't want to sabotage my Laegjarn merge fund (again, thanks Edelgard), especially now that I have two Laegjarns to merge.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Genealogy got some characters on Meet the Heroes.
https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-GB/category/character/

"Eldigan is a king, but he’s also a knight, and the person who cares for the most is his sister, Lachesis. Sounds a lot like another famous brother-sister duo, am I right? (Me and Alfonse. I’m talking about me and Alfonse.)"
Umm, Sharena? I don't think you and Alfonse are on the same level of caring "comparison" compared to those two...
"Lachesis really loves and respects her brother Eldigan. In fact, he’s such an ideal big brother figure that in her eyes, other men just don’t compare."

Wander.to.Kyozou.full.336648.jpg

Not sure if more than aware or just down-to-Earth oblivious.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not even Sharena can resist Alfonse's big **** energy after his run ins with Hel.

(That or it's just business as usual in Fire Emblem)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Really excited about Freddie's refine. I've been wanting to build a Fred for a while now even without a refine, so hopefully his refine gives him something great to play with.

If only I had enough copies for merging...

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I took both of these screenshots on turn 2 of separate attempts at beating Abyssal Thrasir:
Screenshot_20190930-082339_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

That's right. Those are different reinforcements. I'm not sure what the conditions are, but for some unholy reason, IS has decided that variable reinforcement spam is an okay thing to do.

Bleh. In better news, I got a LEirika with bad IVs (+Res, -Def), so after extracting her Dragonflowers I foddered her off to Camus, who'd been wanting Atk/Spd Solo for some time.
20190930_112736.jpg

The goal is to eventually get him Lull Spd/Def, Rouse Atk/Def, Aether, and the Heavy Blade seal. Then once he's finished merging, flowering, and getting my Summoner Support, his invisible statline will be 71/50/44/24. I'd like to get that defense a little higher if I can, but I'm not sure what stat I'd like to sacrifice to do it...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I took both of these screenshots on turn 2 of separate attempts at beating Abyssal Thrasir:
View attachment 240224

That's right. Those are different reinforcements. I'm not sure what the conditions are, but for some unholy reason, IS has decided that variable reinforcement spam is an okay thing to do.

Bleh. In better news, I got a LEirika with bad IVs (+Res, -Def), so after extracting her Dragonflowers I foddered her off to Camus, who'd been wanting Atk/Spd Solo for some time.
View attachment 240225
The goal is to eventually get him Lull Spd/Def, Rouse Atk/Def, Aether, and the Heavy Blade seal. Then once he's finished merging, flowering, and getting my Summoner Support, his invisible statline will be 71/50/44/24. I'd like to get that defense a little higher if I can, but I'm not sure what stat I'd like to sacrifice to do it...
They might not be completely different unit’s.

Did you use a different strategy the second time?

Enemies probably spawn in based on who you kill if you did as that’s what they like to do a lot now

Ivander

Smash Legend
We interrupt your program today to bring you wholesome mask-less Thrasir.

It is an edit, but it's a pretty good edit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just did the thrasir infernal.

Yeah the enemies are always the same, but it changed based on what you kill

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
They might not be completely different unit’s.

Did you use a different strategy the second time?

Enemies probably spawn in based on who you kill if you did as that’s what they like to do a lot now
Have they been doing that? I hadn't noticed. That's annoying. Abyssal maps tend to make you try again and again as you tweak your strategy bit by bit to find out what works. Now they're making it so tweaking your strategy brings in new enemies you couldn't have anticipated...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Enemy spawns in Challenge Maps are usually handled by enemy flags (defeating a specific enemy or group of enemies triggers the spawn for a certain set of enemies on the next turn), or position flags (moving a unit past a specific point on the map). Depending on the route you take and the order you defeat enemies, the order enemy units spawn in will be a bit different. Often times strategies for clearing these maps involve manipulating the timing of when certain enemies spawn.

Also, if a unit (either yours or an enemy) is on the space where an enemy is supposed to spawn when their flag is triggered, then they will spawn on a space adjacent to that space (and if there is unit on THAT space, it goes to the next available space and so on). This can also be something you use to your advantage.

(Also in case it isn't clear, by "flags", I don't mean physical flags, just in a programming sense).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Have they been doing that? I hadn't noticed. That's annoying. Abyssal maps tend to make you try again and again as you tweak your strategy bit by bit to find out what works. Now they're making it so tweaking your strategy brings in new enemies you couldn't have anticipated...
They’ve been doing it awhile, chiko explained it perfectly above. But yeah your choice changes how the map plays out.

Also beat infernal. Brave Roy was the mvp with a dancer, Reinhardt and Veronica. Roy wipes about 3 enemies a turn and reinhardt picked up a kill each turn too. Took a few tries to understanding what would spawn in and where but I pulled it off

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Lol, after whining about it for an hour I stumbled into clearing the Abyssal map. That fresh Atk/Spd Solo is already pulling its weight on Camus. Stuck him on a team with Legendary Roy, Cecilia, and Micaiah. Even with HV and Bonus Doubler, I had to drive LRoy's Spd through the roof (and a bit of Chill Spd) to get him to double Thrasir, and then he still had to rely on Drive Atk from Micaiah to actually deal enough damage to kill her. But once she and that 99-HP Panic Ploy monster of a knight were out of the way it was pretty standard weapon-triangle-wins-all combat.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Mad scientist L' Arachel might actually cost me some orbs.

And holy crap that duo system seems busted as hell.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-So Aether Resort is adding Dragonflower growing. More ways to get Dragonflowers is nice, although you can only get around 25 a month if you don't use the Pass thing and put all of the R&R to Dragonflowers.
-That aside, the food harvesting and cooking thing are nice to get some additional feathers.
-On the one hand......I'm not a fan of Duo Heroes being able to score high and having special abilities that can really mess with balance. Considering they can be used in Arena, I wouldn't be surprised if they could be used in Aether Raids which will really mess with Defense wins.
-On the other, it's so hard to feel any anger towards Hector & Lilina. They look so adorable together. :love: Also, the concept of Duo Heroes by itself is pretty cool. Like characters working together with their children, or say for the Bride Banner, a couple fighting together, and whatnot. It's just I don't like the part of giving them busted abilities and whatnot.
-More Orbs is always nice.
-Hall of Forms actually sounds like it has the potential to be both good and fun. With the huge thing being that there appears to be no scoring and you get the rewards based on the chamber you beat, much like Tap Battle. No scoring means that there is alot less incentive to compete or have to have the best of the best skills and whatnot, which can really affect the fun. Without that and the fact that it does have a focus on strategy, it does have alot of potential to be fun and enticing. I just hope my hopes for it aren't crushed when it arrives.

Edit: Oh gosh....this monstrosity is getting closer to reality thanks to the announcement of Duo Heroes.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What's funny about Duo Heroes is that I kinda thought the ballroom banner was the perfect opportunity to introduce that concept. At the very least with Berkut & Rinea, dancing as a pair. Kinda weird how we get it right after instead. I wonder if they would consider making Fallen Berkut a retroactive Duo Hero too. I hope we get Helbindi & Ylgr down the line.

That being said, while I like Duo Heroes thematically, they're probably the single most blatant form of powercreep the game has ever had. It's gonna feel mandatory to have at least one. Debating on whether or not I will pull for Hector & Lilina but I suppose the banner will last a while so I have time to think about it.

The Aether Resort stuff is nice, there's been a SERIOUS drought of F2P Flier Dragonflowers lately which I want for Summer Laegjarn right now so it's nice I can get a bit more every week by myself. Cooking will be fun to check off all the recipes too. And in general, I think Aether Resort needed some practical uses to reinvigorate it anyway so this is good.

Hall of Forms looks really cool, I've always wanted a dungeon crawling mode as well as a mode with a classic styled levelling system so this will be fun to play through.

I still feel like we could have gotten a bit more though considering how long we waited for this one and the runtime (they wasted a lot of time on showing off the Halloween units and minor stuff like reward maps).

And really I just wanna see Universal Combat Manuals become a thing finally like come on IS.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Dozla being in Heroes warms my heart! Hector & Lilina as an alt look cute together, thought the concept of Duo Heroes will probably be OP.

Garden looks great for getting more Dragonflowers, and the Dining Hall event looks fun! I'm glad we have event structures that will require you to check them every day now instead of once a week.

Hall of Forms is a cool concept, especially when they give you the units to use.

Top Bottom