• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On one hand, I'm happy to know my next Grail project/my daughter will be done justice.

On the other hand, I wish her normal self had this caliber of art. Also, making her a blue tome is a bit of a bummer since it creates overlap with her normal self.

Looking forward to it though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine having a better color and being on the regular pool:
ss+(2019-05-08+at+09.34.30).jpg

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Okay, can we just talk about how Fallen Corrin has 173 BST and, with a Speed boon and neither a merge not a Dragonflower, can reach 66/52 of offensive stats?

That's actually stupid lmao :laugh:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
She just ****ing gets Fury 4 with half of the recoil what the ****

Why did they suddenly decide to make GHB units good again?
So she basically has what Fury 4 should've been...
Here is a key difference. She gets +4 to all stats DURING combat. So outside of combat, her stats aren't boosted. So inside of combat, she has 35 RES. Outside of combat, she has 31 RES, meaning that if a Ploy user with 34 RES has Delthea in their range, Delthea still suffers from the Ploy. So, basically, Fury 4 with half the damage in exchange for those stats only being available during combat.

As for GHB units, it's not really determined whether they turn out good or bad. Especially now that they can be merged now. I mean, Arvis is good. M!Kana is good. Linus is good. Garon is good. Aversa is very useful. Naesala is pretty good. Panne is good. Rutger is good even without a PRF. And now we have F!Delthea who is probably one of the very few busted free units since Black Knight.
So we do get good GHB/free units. It's just VERY noticeable when the units are under average and hardly have any difference from their Gacha counterpart and in some cases, are way better. Haar was very noticeable because of how frickin' good Cherche is and how average his skills were. Which was why Leo didn't have it as bad because A: Cecilia didn't have anything to make her much more better than Leo and B: Leo had some pretty frickin' good skills to back-up his playstyle.

Anyway, we have the Refines:

To sum up:
-Faye got a REALLY good weapon. Basically, she gets a Spectrum DD with her weapon and when refined, gets Quick Riposte 5 like regular Roy's weapon. So try to imagine this: Bow of Devotion Refined + Distant Defense 4 + Guard/Null C-Disrupt + Distant Defense 3 Seal. In other words, good luck on actually trying to kill Faye with Ranged units.
-Lukas' weapon pretty much breaks Shiro and Bright Naginata even more, as when refined, it's basically Bright Naginata with a Killer Effect. On the other side, it's also literally Nephenee's Dauntless Lance Without the Armor Effectiveness. What the heck...
-Okay, I'm aware Gem weapons don't have the best reputation since it prevents units from going Gung-ho on all unit types, but at least hear this. One of the reasons why Seth and Titania have it bad is because outside of Support and their colors, they don't give much advantage over same colored units. Palla's weapon gave her advantage against greens too, but Palla could at least compete against other Reds nicely thanks to her Refine.

Stahl and Sully get the Brave effect on Enemy Phase. This isn't a bad refine as it allows them to stand a fighting chance against characters with the same color. They have the chance to kill their opposition before they get killed and they also have useful enemy phase skills like Vantage to make them even riskier to fight.
The major problem though is that one of them can't utilise this kind of weapon as good as the other and that is Sully. Sully's stats were made for Player phase, as she has only has 46 ATK with an ATK boon and a good 34 SPD, but a poor 24 DEF and decent 28 RES. Stahl, however, has the stats for Enemy Phase. Stahl with an ATK Boon reaches 50 ATK and has a respectable 30 DEF to survive the first hit from another Red and deal a great deal of damage back and even potentially kill the opponent before the opponent can land their 2nd strike.
Sully hardly does, as while her SPD is good for not getting doubled, she may not even survive the first strike from another Blue Melee. Sully wants to be attacking with her stats, not enemy phasing. This would've been different had Sully gotten a Distant Counter effect to go with her weapon. Sully does have a decent enough RES to survive Mages, including Blue Mages. Had her weapon been built around Brave weapon attacking Mages on Enemy Phase, Sully would've had a usable niche, as she has enough ATK to deal good damage to Mages and enough RES to survive them.

But alas, her weapon does not does not do that, so as a whole, the weapon is great for Stahl, not so much Sully.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I like how the unit that introduced the strictly player-phase Firesweep weapons is now getting an enemy-phase PRF

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
We may see a couple but definitely not all of the Eight Generals and Twelve Crusaders, but other than them, most of the mythical/godly characters I can think of are dragons; Medeus, Mila, Loptyr, Dheginsea, Naga, Anankos... and I'd say Grima and Idunn, but lol, IS has zero foresight or planning skills
Offhand, there's also Formortiis, Ashera, Ashunera, Lehran, Altina, and Soan. Hel is also a likely candidate since she's clearly god-like in the story and it would make sense for her to follow her daughter into the Mythic pool unless they want to pull a Surtr with her.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Okay, can we just talk about how Fallen Corrin has 173 BST and, with a Speed boon and neither a merge not a Dragonflower, can reach 66/52 of offensive stats?

That's actually stupid lmao :laugh:
So if you go for colorless you can pull for the armor or the "armor" :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gotoh and Athos are also viable for being Mythic Heroes, I'd say.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you do mock battles and stumble with the most epik All Lyn AR Defense
Screenshot_20190508-221101.jpg

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Duma
Not Gwyndolyn

That aside, I'm capable of doing either a Lyn defense or Lucina defense. I just don't want to.
Which Duma?
That clearly is Crossfit Lyn :denzel:

Do I have you added in FEH?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Which Duma?
That clearly is Crossfit Lyn :denzel:

Do I have you added in FEH?
*tries to find Buff/Muscled/Jojo-styled Lyn artwork in response* *finds none* What is this...last time I checked according to Rule 5607, if it exists, there is a muscled version of it.

That said, I don't think you do. My ID number is 1466835611.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ID: 7353389712

For those who wanna Mock Battle. I haven't done much research in making a good Defense fort though, lol.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Ian shows he still is a God
>Corrin still is precious and deserves love dammit!
>Doot is more hardcore than the ones in the banner lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So if you go for colorless you can pull for the armor or the "armor" :V
A busted Corrin and a busted armor hero under the same color. IS wants me to spend money so badly right now lmao

And not gonna lie, I'm tempted, really freaking tempted, but I'll resist because I've had decent enough luck lately to get at least one unit I want per banner.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So something interesting. Mareeta, unsurprisingly, does powercreep one other Sword user, being Mia(justice for Athena?)......Initially. Here are their stats:
Mareeta: 42/33/41/29/23
Mia: 38/32/40/28/25

Basically, the add-up is +4/+1/+1/+1/-2. Now remember that Mareeta is a new unit, meaning that she gets +5 Dragonflowers compared to Mia getting +10. Now here are the stats with Dragonflowers:
Mareeta: 43/34/42/30/24
Mia: 40/34/42/30/27

Now the add-up result is only +3/0/0/0/-3. So in other words, once the dragonflowers kick in, Mia is no longer powercrept by Mareeta. As their personals don't overshadow the other, as Mia gets an additional +3 ATK plus Wo Dao effect while Mareeta gets a Killer effect + Reverse Desperation.

I also looked at the BSTs between Adrift F!Corrin and Fallen Corrin. Adrift Corrin has a BST of 168 while Fallen Corrin has a BST of 173. Once again, Adrift Corrin can use 10 Dragonflowers whereas Fallen Corrin can only have 5. Once the dragonflowers kick in, both share the same BST of 178.
Fallen Corrin: 44/36/38/32/28
Adrift F!Corrin: 43/33/39/34/29
With the comparison being: +1/+3/-1/-2/-1

Here's where it gets tricky though. Like Mia and Mareeta, Fallen Corrin gets +3 additional ATK while Adrift Corrin gets a Killer effect, which is simple. However, the 2nd effect is where it gets tricky because of how much the stats given talk. Adrift Corrin, when around more allies than foes, gets an additional +5 ATK and SPD during combat. Fallen Corrin gets a boost to all her stats depending on how many allies aren't around, with 2 giving +2, 1 giving +4 and 0 giving +6.

To the eyes, Fallen Corrin looks to have the much better effect, especially due to the fact that it affects all her stats rather than just her ATK and SPD and even with 1 ally, she still gets at least +4 to all her stats. Whereas Adrift Corrin needs to make sure her allies are close and more than her foes to get her +5 ATK and SPD. Now this is where Teamwork comes into play.
With Adrift Corrin, having her allies around her is beneficial and she suffers no penalty for having more allies around her, as she will have a clear cut +5 to her ATK and SPD at all times. And this allows her allies to stockpile Spurs, Drives and other effects, like M!Corrin's Yato or Kaden's Kitsune Fang on her adding to her stats. Fallen Corrin requires that her allies be away from her to get her bonus stats and because of that, she can have a harder time as she isn't stockpiled by Spurs, Drives and whatnot.
So it's entirely possible for Adrift Corrin to have more bonus stats compared to Fallen Corrin being solo as Adrift Corrin wants her allies close, which in turn can boost her unboosted stats to a comparable level to Fallen Corrin by herself while making her ATK and SPD possibly much higher. And in the tougher levels where teamwork and skills like Reposition, Draw Back, etc are important, Adrift Corrin seems to have Fallen Corrin beat in terms of teamplay and whatnot.

But now we get to the skills that can affect anyone on the map regardless of distance. I'm, of course, talking about the Opening skills and weapons like Joyous Staff and whatnot. So we come to Winter Eirika. Winter Eirika has ATK Opening and Joyous Staff, which gives a boost to the unit with the highest ATK in the form of an addtional +6 ATK/+5 DEF/+5 RES. And this affects that ally regardless on how far they are. So Fallen Corrin can get an additional +6 ATK/+5 DEF/+5 RES to her +6s anywhere on the map. Heck, you can add Marth or M!Corrin in with their Refined weapons and as long as it's only them that is beside Fallen Corrin, Fallen Corrin still gets +4 in all her stats while getting the stats from Marth/Corrin and Eirika. So Fallen Corrin's weapon with a M!Corrin + Winter Eirika would give Fallen Corrin +14 ATK/+8 SPD/+13 DEF/+13 RES and that's not including the C-skill, Seal skill AND Support boost from M!Corrin. So Fallen Corrin is capable of teamplay with the right teammates.
And it turns around back to Adrift Corrin. Adrift Corrin can get the same benefit from both a M!Corrin and Winter Eirika too, but compared to Fallen Corrin, Adrift Corrin would only get +15 ATK/+9 SPD/+9 DEF/+9 RES(once again, not counting C-skills/Seals/Support from M!Corrin), having a huge net difference of +1/+1/-4/-4. But despite that, Adrift Corrin can still have a 3rd ally by her without detriment to her stats, compared to Fallen Corrin, who drops down to +2 stats from her weapon if a 3rd ally gets near her. Marth can give an additional +2 stats to Adrift Corrin whereas with Fallen Corrin, he'd be as if Fallen Corrin only had 1 ally by her. So now the net difference is +3/+3/-2/-2.

See why it's tricky? Based on stats given by their weapons alone, Fallen Corrin would look like the superior option to Adrift Corrin, but when the teamwork kicks in, Adrift Corrin is very capable of equalling Fallen Corrin. And in a game where some maps do encourage you to keep your allies close, Adrift Corrin would be more useful on those maps compared to Fallen Corrin. But Fallen Corrin isn't un-capable of doing teamwork. With the right teammates, she can still be just as powerful and useful on some maps. So really, it's hard to say which of Fallen Corrin or Adrift Corrin is truly better.

Anyway, regarding the BST/Dragonflower deal, I'm feeling a bit mixed here. It sounds good that your favorite past units won't get powercrept when you put the effort into them with the Dragonflowers. On the other hand, it seems to encourage them with giving new units the big BST number and considering how time-consuming Dragonflowers are, especially with how pricey the next +5 for past Infantry gets, it still feels more convenient to get the newest one to not waste your hard-earned Dragonflowers for a new unit that you want to use them on in the future. *looks at Forrest*
I mean, it's good that your effort on your favorite unit won't be wasted when a newer shiny one comes out if they continue to keep in mind of making sure the your effort does equal the gap between them, but with how Dragonflowers are currently, there feels to be too much risk and not so much reward currently.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So something interesting. Mareeta, unsurprisingly, does powercreep one other Sword user, being Mia(justice for Athena?)......Initially. Here are their stats:
Mareeta: 42/33/41/29/23
Mia: 38/32/40/28/25

Basically, the add-up is +4/+1/+1/+1/-2. Now remember that Mareeta is a new unit, meaning that she gets +5 Dragonflowers compared to Mia getting +10. Now here are the stats with Dragonflowers:
Mareeta: 43/34/42/30/24
Mia: 40/34/42/30/27

Now the add-up result is only +3/0/0/0/-3. So in other words, once the dragonflowers kick in, Mia is no longer powercrept by Mareeta. As their personals don't overshadow the other, as Mia gets an additional +3 ATK plus Wo Dao effect while Mareeta gets a Killer effect + Reverse Desperation.

I also looked at the BSTs between Adrift F!Corrin and Fallen Corrin. Adrift Corrin has a BST of 168 while Fallen Corrin has a BST of 173. Once again, Adrift Corrin can use 10 Dragonflowers whereas Fallen Corrin can only have 5. Once the dragonflowers kick in, both share the same BST of 178.
Fallen Corrin: 44/36/38/32/28
Adrift F!Corrin: 43/33/39/34/29
With the comparison being: +1/+3/-1/-2/-1

Here's where it gets tricky though. Like Mia and Mareeta, Fallen Corrin gets +3 additional ATK while Adrift Corrin gets a Killer effect, which is simple. However, the 2nd effect is where it gets tricky because of how much the stats given talk. Adrift Corrin, when around more allies than foes, gets an additional +5 ATK and SPD during combat. Fallen Corrin gets a boost to all her stats depending on how many allies aren't around, with 2 giving +2, 1 giving +4 and 0 giving +6.

To the eyes, Fallen Corrin looks to have the much better effect, especially due to the fact that it affects all her stats rather than just her ATK and SPD and even with 1 ally, she still gets at least +4 to all her stats. Whereas Adrift Corrin needs to make sure her allies are close and more than her foes to get her +5 ATK and SPD. Now this is where Teamwork comes into play.
With Adrift Corrin, having her allies around her is beneficial and she suffers no penalty for having more allies around her, as she will have a clear cut +5 to her ATK and SPD at all times. And this allows her allies to stockpile Spurs, Drives and other effects, like M!Corrin's Yato or Kaden's Kitsune Fang on her adding to her stats. Fallen Corrin requires that her allies be away from her to get her bonus stats and because of that, she can have a harder time as she isn't stockpiled by Spurs, Drives and whatnot.
So it's entirely possible for Adrift Corrin to have more bonus stats compared to Fallen Corrin being solo as Adrift Corrin wants her allies close, which in turn can boost her unboosted stats to a comparable level to Fallen Corrin by herself while making her ATK and SPD possibly much higher. And in the tougher levels where teamwork and skills like Reposition, Draw Back, etc are important, Adrift Corrin seems to have Fallen Corrin beat in terms of teamplay and whatnot.

But now we get to the skills that can affect anyone on the map regardless of distance. I'm, of course, talking about the Opening skills and weapons like Joyous Staff and whatnot. So we come to Winter Eirika. Winter Eirika has ATK Opening and Joyous Staff, which gives a boost to the unit with the highest ATK in the form of an addtional +6 ATK/+5 DEF/+5 RES. And this affects that ally regardless on how far they are. So Fallen Corrin can get an additional +6 ATK/+5 DEF/+5 RES to her +6s anywhere on the map. Heck, you can add Marth or M!Corrin in with their Refined weapons and as long as it's only them that is beside Fallen Corrin, Fallen Corrin still gets +4 in all her stats while getting the stats from Marth/Corrin and Eirika. So Fallen Corrin's weapon with a M!Corrin + Winter Eirika would give Fallen Corrin +14 ATK/+8 SPD/+13 DEF/+13 RES and that's not including the C-skill, Seal skill AND Support boost from M!Corrin. So Fallen Corrin is capable of teamplay with the right teammates.
And it turns around back to Adrift Corrin. Adrift Corrin can get the same benefit from both a M!Corrin and Winter Eirika too, but compared to Fallen Corrin, Adrift Corrin would only get +15 ATK/+9 SPD/+9 DEF/+9 RES(once again, not counting C-skills/Seals/Support from M!Corrin), having a huge net difference of +1/+1/-4/-4. But despite that, Adrift Corrin can still have a 3rd ally by her without detriment to her stats, compared to Fallen Corrin, who drops down to +2 stats from her weapon if a 3rd ally gets near her. Marth can give an additional +2 stats to Adrift Corrin whereas with Fallen Corrin, he'd be as if Fallen Corrin only had 1 ally by her. So now the net difference is +3/+3/-2/-2.

See why it's tricky? Based on stats given by their weapons alone, Fallen Corrin would look like the superior option to Adrift Corrin, but when the teamwork kicks in, Adrift Corrin is very capable of equalling Fallen Corrin. And in a game where some maps do encourage you to keep your allies close, Adrift Corrin would be more useful on those maps compared to Fallen Corrin.

Anyway, regarding the BST/Dragonflower deal, I'm feeling a bit mixed here. It sounds good that your favorite past units won't get powercrept when you put the effort into them with the Dragonflowers. On the other hand, it seems to encourage them with giving new units the big BST number and considering how time-consuming Dragonflowers are, especially with how pricey the next +5 for past Infantry gets, it still feels more convenient to get the newest one to not waste your hard-earned Dragonflowers for a new unit that you want to use them on in the future. *looks at Forrest*
I mean, it's good that your effort on your favorite unit won't be wasted when a newer shiny one comes out if they continue to keep in mind of making sure the your effort does equal the gap between them, but with how Dragonflowers are currently, there feels to be too much risk and not so much reward currently.
Also worth noting that Dragonflower boosts don't affect Arena scoring, so even if you "fixed" the disparity with flowers they'd still score worse in Arena and other such modes.

D

Deleted member

It's not like dragonflowers are an abundant resource anyways, I still have yet to max out Joshua

Ivander

Smash Legend
Speaking of scoring, here's hoping they fix the AR Bug soon. That is a very cheap bug.

Oh, by the way, I'm more than certain Berkut is going to be the one everybody will go after, after seeing this.

A Dancer with Escape Route 3....Legendary Azura with Escape Route 3......Cecilia suddenly just became premium fodder.
It's not like dragonflowers are an abundant resource anyways, I still have yet to max out Joshua
Which is what I mentioned. So far, they are just really time-consuming to get and not worth the risk to use, especially if you are waiting for a new hero you want and don't want to use them in case they suddenly decide to arrive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of scoring, here's hoping they fix the AR Bug soon. That is a very cheap bug.

Oh, by the way, I'm more than certain Berkut is going to be the one everybody will go after, after seeing this.

A Dancer with Escape Route 3....Legendary Azura with Escape Route 3......Cecilia suddenly just became premium fodder.

Which is what I mentioned. So far, they are just really time-consuming to get and not worth the risk to use, especially if you are waiting for a new hero you want and don't want to use them in case they suddenly decide to arrive.
I want skills that damage allies so I can slap it on Joshua and allow Nino to go ape ****

Also, I need help someone edit Nino's hair over Emma here
006~2.jpg

Second best thing about this update is that my Lukas is even more terrifying than ever
EDIT:
He's one of the two +10 units I have(the other being Nino) and he's my strongest unit outside of my main party so I always look forward to making him scarier.

Anyways, the first best thing about this update has gotta be the plushies tho
Screenshot_20190509-162413~2.png

My depression is cured

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly think Dragonflowers should just be farmable, they aren't enough of a game changer to where being able to just get them at your own pace would break the game, and it would give us something to do when there isn't much going on in the game. Then again, Heroic Ordeals would lose their purpose, but IS is no stranger to getting rid of redundant game modes anyway.

As it currently stands, they're tied to some of the game's more divisive content to the point where some people are just at a stage of not bothering. I probably would be if Heroic Grails weren't also tied to Aether Raids. They're really not worth being so rare.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Dear IS,

why doesn't fortress level matter in mock battles, the only reason I even checked it out was to fight one of my lv1 friends and see what +20 to all stats looks like on Caineghis

Sincerely,
Mildly Disappointed

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Flex on all AR mock defenses with FCorrin
>Add Ivander
>I proceed to take a super ugly L

-----

Also something nice for this page

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Dear IS,

why doesn't fortress level matter in mock battles, the only reason I even checked it out was to fight one of my lv1 friends and see what +20 to all stats looks like on Caineghis

Sincerely,
Mildly Disappointed
If it's any consolation, I managed to snap some pics of what my super-armors look like with +20 to all stats. :p

IMG_2291.PNG

IMG_2292.PNG

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Upgrading my Fortress to Lv. 5 was worth
Now I can toss this QT into the range of Reinhardt and laugh.
Screenshot_20190509-013625.jpg

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Context? Otherwise, I'm going to assume I'm in the bad books.
Well
-All Armors
-All with Svalinn Shield, except Duma
-Wary Fighter
-Ward Armor Stack
Screenshot_20190509-152834.jpg

Absolutely Disgusting

10/10

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The person responsible for this should be arrested
It was the most troublesome mock battle for me at the moment.
I failed on my first try as I was one turn short from taking down Cecilia

The third most hard was yours btw as Nino nuked my Corrine :V

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well
-All Armors
-All with Svalinn Shield, except Duma
-Wary Fighter
-Ward Armor Stack
View attachment 218426

Absolutely Disgusting

10/10
*tunes in Junkrat* I give it a 3.

I haven't gotten my Hardin a Forged Berkut's Lance yet. :laugh: Not to mention I just recently got Winter Fae. :demon: That's +SPD, -DEF. :ohwell:

Amusingly, only one of my units is merged and that's Lyn.

Edit: That being said, mine is nothing compared to the one I had to go against that had an Idunn and where every Armored unit was around +5, all had Fortress DEF/RES 3, Wary Fighter and etc, and H!Myrrh and Legendary Tiki also had Glittering Breath+. My Micaiah couldn't do even one damage.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I lost to Kanye West but at least he has the best taste when it comes to FEH units.

201959_224814810.jpg

Top Bottom