• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Stuff is happenin'.

Perhaps whatever they announce will get me more invested in the game again. I've been flirting with other mobile games lately.
Weird, in-game announcement says 14 minutes.

Either way, that's a fairly decent length. Obviously they're going to announce whatever new features they have in mind for Legendary Roy's blessing, possibly a new mode. Hopefully it's fun and gives us some more resources to work with.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hope they drop the new Prf/Refines tonight on reset to free up space in the Channel.

Also Golden Week login bonus again plz.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Stuff is happenin'.

Perhaps whatever they announce will get me more invested in the game again. I've been flirting with other mobile games lately.
They did demotions last April, right? If so, here's hoping for more demotions, especially for some much needed ones like Luke and Mist.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I like me some updates, but Feh Channels have more padding on their runtimes than Fortress Def/Res on Surtr. What they MEAN is the length will be approximately 3 minutes, interspersed with 13 minutes of Feh making sound effects and saying "Wow!"

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I don't think they will talk about refines at all during the channel, they'll just drop it when the new version announcement appears on the news board.

As for what the FEH channel will have, I'm guessing half the time will be the brand new game mode which uses Roy's legendary blessing, and some changes to the game. Really hoping it's an overhaul of the summoning pool, just demoting 5 star exclusives isn't the only thing they should do (but please do so the +10 Lyn dream is real).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm hoping they demote the whole gen 1 5* pool, there's very few units there who still need to be 5* exclusive. But I'm a bit worried they might not do any demotions.

I have other hopes too, but they're pie in the sky. I'm just expecting a new game mode, refines, DL collab details, and maybe a handful of demotes.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Big day for me. With the daily Grail bonus from AR, I was able to complete my next +10 merge project.

IMG_2159.PNG

Took a bit of inspiration from ChikoLad ChikoLad 's Marth build, but with some twists designed to bring out Masked Marth's strengths. This build focuses on abusing Marth's Spectrum Bond refine to dominate melee matchups, especially against enemy dragons. With her bonds and Warding Breath active, Marth hits an astounding 64 Atk, 45 Spd, 38 Def, and 31 Res, before buffs or Atk Smoke is factored in. On top of that, the combo of Warding Breath, Noontime, and Guard guarantees that she constantly heals off damage taken with almost every hit, while neutralizing her opponents special cooldown acceleration. Couple that with high HP, fantastic speed, and Falchion's Renewal effect, and she's deceptively bulky.

This is a really fun build to play with, and I'm happy to finally have a +10 of one of my favorites. Plus she's my first +10 Red unit, so that's nice.

So, with that Grail unit out of the way, guess it's finally time for me to finish up F!Robin. This ought to be fun. :happysheep:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm not the only one who worked on a +10 Masked Marth? Oh dang! Well, here's mine.

1554404519367.png

I can already see massive differences with False's build since I focused on sheer offensive pressure with survivability being a bit on the side. It was also a lot cheaper to make, with Odd Atk Wave being the only thing that really required an uncommon unit.

I decided to run a Sealed Falchion build, with the easy choice of putting Fury as her A skill to make the most out of the weapon's effect, which is to boost all non-HP stats by 5 as long as her own HP isn't full. When it kicks in, we're talking about a statline of 64 Atk, 50 Spd, 38 Def and 32 Res, which allows her to hit both hard and fast while also having a bulk decent enough to offset Fury's recoil a little better, especially when combined with her 49 HP.

Heavy Blade was the seal of choice due to this sheer offensive statline. In fact, she has the highest attack out of any unit I currently have, so she seemed like the best choice for it anyway. It allows her to get Aether much faster, which in itself was also chosen primarly to help offset Fury's recoil while simultaneously giving her a strong-hitting special to further focus on the offense.

Desperation's there because Fury makes it easy for her to lose HP, so when she reaches Desperation threshold, she can maximize on her speed by striking twice before the enemy even has a chance to retaliate, especially since there's typically not a lot of units who can reach 50 that easily if I recall correctly. Sheer. Offensive. Pressure.

As for Odd Atk Wave, this one is there in case in case she ends up being alone, allowing her to potentially boost her already impressive attack stat to a whopping 70 on odd-numbered turns assuming no one debuffs her or to help offset said debuffs so she retains her ability to hit like a truck.

I'm going to try and get enough Dragonflowers to get her to +8, further boosting her HP as well as the two stats that really bring this build together, Atk and Spd. Otherwise, this build's pretty much done and it's been my go-to infantry choice as well as my first thought whenever I do mixed teams that don't revolve around a dragon/beast combination.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What I expect:

-New units, probably more beasty bois
-Another voting event of some kind
-Dragalia Lost Cross Promotion (not necessarily new units, but I would see them even making accessories or something at the very least)
-At least a tease of Three Houses content

Not really expecting much at all really, I don't think this is going to be a major Feh Channel, more just a stop gap. I expect more substantial stuff in the Summer to go with the Summer units.

If I were to go lofty though:

-Níu (Laegjarn's weapon) gets a refine
-New ways to get Heroic Grails (or a reduction in the cost of repeated unit purchases)
-New ways to get Dragonflowers
-Rinkah time
-History Mode
-Secondary Summoner Support (allow 1-3 units besides your S-Support to reach A Support, or perhaps have an A+ rank to replace the S Rank)
-The Great Demotioning of 2019
-New wave of Abyssal maps for me to procrastinate on doing
-Legendary Feh is actually real

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I got a question for you, people of FEHland.

I got an Idunn and I can already guess Vengeful Fighter is going to be very situational due to the lack of Distant Counter, so I'm going two routes with her.

The first is Wary Fighter (given to her by Zephiel, fittingly enough :p) to fully focus on keeping her alive as long as possible by combining the absurd bulk she has with the ability to prevent doubles. That one's worked out pretty well, but I feel like I can do even dumber than that, which leads to the second route I have in mind; Bold Fighter.

But the question is who should I sacrifice for it?

I got a +Atk/-Spd Brave Hector, but I'm never sacrificing that one. The ability to double on both phases + Ostian Counter is just too ridiculous to pass up.

But aside from him, I got two choices.

A +Def/-Atk Winter Ephraim. The Atk bane sucks, which is why I consider him, but he's got both Atk/Def Solo and Close Guard, so it's holding me back. Not to mention being a special holiday hero, meaning the chances of me getting him again are very low.

And the other option is a +Atk/-Spd Hardin. I don't want to say goodbye to some good Brazen Def/Res fodder and Hardin himself seems pretty solid too.

Am I just too greedy about armors to deny that one of them is definitely worth foddering Bold Fighter to or is my dilemma justified?

Is Brave Hector close enough to Hardin that sacrificing the latter is fine?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

I got an Idunn and I can already guess Vengeful Fighter is going to be very situational due to the lack of Distant Counter, so I'm going two routes with her.

The first is Wary Fighter (given to her by Zephiel, fittingly enough :p) to fully focus on keeping her alive as long as possible by combining the absurd bulk she has with the ability to prevent doubles. That one's worked out pretty well, but I feel like I can do even dumber than that, which leads to the second route I have in mind; Bold Fighter.

I got a +Atk/-Spd Brave Hector, but I'm never sacrificing that one. The ability to double on both phases + Ostian Counter is just too ridiculous to pass up.

A +Def/-Atk Winter Ephraim. The Atk bane sucks, which is why I consider him, but he's got both Atk/Def Solo and Close Guard, so it's holding me back. Not to mention being a special holiday hero, meaning the chances of me getting him again are very low.

And the other option is a +Atk/-Spd Hardin. I don't want to say goodbye to some good Brazen Def/Res fodder and Hardin himself seems pretty solid too.

Am I just too greedy about armors to deny that one of them is definitely worth foddering Bold Fighter to or is my dilemma justified?

Brave Hector is Hardin but better, and if Brazen Res/Def is what you are worried about, M!Kana has it at the cost of 20000 feathers. So yeah, I'd sacrifice Hardin no doubt. I think the wary fighter build also has it's merits so I'll just give her both and change between situations.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Honestly I don't think Idunn is the best recipient of Bold Fighter as is. She can use it fine, but her strength really is in her bulk and walling potential, and she doesn't have the same sort of raw power as other candidates.

If you want to just go for something fun, it's not a bad option, but I'd recommend keeping Vengeful or going for Wary instead.

To answer your question, I'd say the -Atk Ephraim isn't a bad choice to kill off. Hardin's an option too, but you seem more attached to him.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Brave Hector is Hardin but better, and if Brazen Res/Def is what you are worried about, M!Kana has it at the cost of 20000 feathers. So yeah, I'd sacrifice Hardin no doubt. I think the wary fighter build also has it's merits so I'll just give her both and change between situations.
Yeah, got that feeling from Bector just looking at the stats.

Just imagine Idunn with Bold Fighter and Ignis though. That easily at least 40 damage right there after basically only one player phase encounter.

Just thinking about it makes it seem so disgusting lmao

Honestly I don't think Idunn is the best recipient of Bold Fighter as is. She can use it fine, but her strength really is in her bulk and walling potential, and she doesn't have the same sort of raw power as other candidates.
With her weapon effect, Idunn can go from 49 Atk to 53, the exact same amount as +Atk Hardin.

And I merged her with another Idunn, so she'd strike harder than he does because she actually has 50 Atk instead of 49.

I'd say she can make better use of it, but that's just me. :p

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
With her weapon effect, Idunn can go from 49 Atk to 53, the exact same amount as +Atk Hardin.

And I merged her with another Idunn, so she'd strike harder than he does because she actually has 50 Atk instead of 49.

I'd say she can make better use of it, but that's just me. :p
I mean I don't even like my Hardin because his damage output is too low. Granted you're talking to someone who uses a +10 +Atk Grima, so...

I will say that Idunn could probably use it better than Hardin since she has adaptive magical damage and a great prf, but I do think there are stronger choices overall. That said, Bold Fighter is still busted, so it's hard to go wrong with it.

If you really want a BF Idunn, by all means, go for it.

D

Deleted member

Anyone has an image of Hel saying "you will die in 9 days"? I need it for a meme

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean I don't even like my Hardin because his damage output is too low. Granted you're talking to someone who uses a +10 +Atk Grima, so...

I will say that Idunn could probably use it better than Hardin since she has adaptive magical damage and a great prf, but I do think there are stronger choices overall. That said, Bold Fighter is still busted, so it's hard to go wrong with it.

If you really want a BF Idunn, by all means, go for it.
I already have a +4 Grima, a +1 +Atk L!Tiki and a +Atk Brave Hector with Bold Fighter. I think my "stronger options" are covered lol

I could say Brave Ephraim is a strong choice, but he frankly doesn't need it because the Garm + Special Fighter combo is way more broken.

Actually, you know what? I'm curious. Not counting those who already come bundled with the skill (because, well, they already have it), who do you think would run Bold Fighter better than Idunn?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I already have a +4 Grima, a +1 L!Tiki and a Brave Hector with Bold Fighter. I think my "stronger options" are covered lol

I could say Brave Ephraim, but he frankly doesn't need it because the Garm + Special Fighter combo is way more broken.

Actually, you know what? I'm curious. Who do you think would run Bold Fighter better than Idunn?
You listed some of them. Grima is noteworthy just for that massive Atk stat and Breath damage. Same applies to Duma.

Another big one would be Black Knight/Zelgius. Granted they can make good use of Special Fighter nowadays, but for raw player phase potential, Bold Fighter is hard to beat. Being able to consistently proc Black Luna makes them some of the deadliest units you'll ever use.

But I think the big one would be most ranged armors. Units like Winter Tharja, Halloween Jakob, Halloween Kagero, and Winter Cecilia make for terrifying Bold Fighter users, and they bring their own unique quirks to the table thanks to their weapon types that make them truly standout:

-Armored mages are able to combine Bold Fighter with Blade tomes. Basically the epitome of raw power.

-Armored archers have access to Brave Bow, which lets them abuse quads and special spam for some ridiculous damage output. Jakob's especially notable here for his high attack and lack of color.

-Armored daggers, particularly Winter Cecilia, have a ton of flexibility in their builds. Daggers have tons of options, including Barb, Goodie Boot, Ouch Pouch, and The Cleaner, all of which bring their own utility to the table on top of their innate Def/Res Smoke effect (which pairs perfectly with Bold Fighter). Just taking Cecilia as an example, with BF you could build her to be a pure player phase nuke, possibly using Barb to launch some high powered Glacies consistently, or go for a more premium mixed phase set with Close Counter and Quick Riposte, using her bulk and debuffs to kill anything on either phase.

Also shoutout to just any strong physical armor that can use Bold Fighter and Galeforce. Units like Effie or Winter Ephraim in particular make great use of this (unfortunately, dragons can't run Galeforce, so RIP my dreams of BF Galeforce Grima).

Anyway, just some ideas I had.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You listed some of them. Grima is noteworthy just for that massive Atk stat and Breath damage. Same applies to Duma.

Another big one would be Black Knight/Zelgius. Granted they can make good use of Special Fighter nowadays, but for raw player phase potential, Bold Fighter is hard to beat. Being able to consistently proc Black Luna makes them some of the deadliest units you'll ever use.

But I think the big one would be most ranged armors. Units like Winter Tharja, Halloween Jakob, Halloween Kagero, and Winter Cecilia make for terrifying Bold Fighter users, and they bring their own unique quirks to the table thanks to their weapon types that make them truly standout:

-Armored mages are able to combine Bold Fighter with Blade tomes. Basically the epitome of raw power.

-Armored archers have access to Brave Bow, which lets them abuse quads and special spam for some ridiculous damage output. Jakob's especially notable here for his high attack and lack of color.

-Armored daggers, particularly Winter Cecilia, have a ton of flexibility in their builds. Daggers have tons of options, including Barb, Goodie Boot, Ouch Pouch, and The Cleaner, all of which bring their own utility to the table on top of their innate Def/Res Smoke effect (which pairs perfectly with Bold Fighter). Just taking Cecilia as an example, with BF you could build her to be a pure player phase nuke, possibly using Barb to launch some high powered Glacies consistently, or go for a more premium mixed phase set with Close Counter and Quick Riposte, using her bulk and debuffs to kill anything on either phase.

Also shoutout to just any strong physical armor that can use Bold Fighter and Galeforce. Units like Effie or Winter Ephraim in particular make great use of this (unfortunately, dragons can't run Galeforce, so RIP my dreams of BF Galeforce Grima).

Anyway, just some ideas I had.
Those are all pretty cool, honestly.

Not gonna use Hardin for anything particular, so he can stay on the bench as Fighter fodder, but now I'm tempted to try some other stuff.

Got a BK and a Zelgius, got a Jakob, got a Tharja, got a Cecilia, got an Effie, got a Winter Ephraim.

I don't use BK or Zelgius all that much though, tbh. I just don't feel like I can do that much with them that I can't with others... aside from Warp Powder and Black Luna. So they're kind of on the sidelines.

Jakob's got a lot of experimentation, like how I tried a Slaying Bow/Special Spiral/Close Counter/QP/Bonfire build so that every strike is a special (though I mostly stick to Wary/Slaying/CC/Bonfire, which isn't that great since I have better walls). But Brave Bow Bold would be good too.

Already got a solid blade mage with VaLyntine, so I don't see much value out of Tharja unless I want to build an enemy phase Blade mage to make her stand out, which frankly doesn't need Bold Fighter for that.

Your Cecilia ideas are very, very interesting. Not gonna use the QR one since Grima needs it, but it's still interesting.

Effie would basically be less work than Jakob since she already has both a Brave Lance and Death Blow, so I could get more mileage when it comes to player phase nuking. She's also +6 and I got another 4* Effie laying around, so that could be fun.

Winter Ephraim already comes with Bold Fighter in his base skillset, so one less option for me to fodder Hardin for lol

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Those are all pretty cool, honestly.

Not gonna use Hardin for anything particular, so he can stay on the bench as Fighter fodder, but now I'm tempted to try some other stuff.

Got a BK and a Zelgius, got a Jakob, got a Tharja, got a Cecilia, got an Effie, got a Winter Ephraim.

I don't use BK or Zelgius all that much though, tbh. I just don't feel like I can do that much with them that I can't with others... aside from Warp Powder and Black Luna. So they're kind of on the sidelines.

Jakob's got a lot of experimentation, like how I tried a Slaying Bow/Special Spiral/Close Counter/QP/Bonfire build so that every strike is a special (though I mostly stick to Wary/Slaying/CC/Bonfire, which isn't that great since I have better walls). But Brave Bow Bold would be good too.

Already got a solid blade mage with VaLyntine, so I don't see much value out of Tharja unless I want to build an enemy phase Blade mage to make her stand out, which frankly doesn't need Bold Fighter for that.

Your Cecilia ideas are very, very interesting. Not gonna use the QR one since Grima needs it, but it's still interesting.

Effie would basically be less work than Jakob since she already has both a Brave Lance and Death Blow, so I could get more mileage when it comes to player phase nuking. She's also +6 and I got another 4* Effie laying around, so that could be fun.

Winter Ephraim already comes with Bold Fighter in his base skillset, so one less option for me to fodder Hardin for lol
Well, glad I could give you some ideas. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you decide to build.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, glad I could give you some ideas. :)

Would probably stick to Idunn because she's got the highest def, so Ignis just ends up being way more destructive, to the point where I can just say "**** YOU!" to dragon killers.

Effie already has a Brave + Wary Fighter combo that lets me be a player phase **** by striking twice while the opponent's unable to double. And honestly, I like that.

I could also retry my Special Spiral Build that Jakob has. It's no Brave Bow Bold build, but dammit, it's still pretty fun to use.

1554415072349.png

Winter Cecilia is not something I've spent some serious time on yet either. Will keep the Barb Shuriken idea in mind, but for now, I feel like I've done pretty well without a dagger unit. I can live without building one for the moment.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Besides demotions, Grand Hero Battles Rotation 3 and 4 would also be nice. As well as do something about the Hero Battles involving the 1*-2* Units. And, once again, something that can convert Arena Medals and especially Dueling Crests into something else.

That aside.......
Masked Marth = Free Lucina alt
Young Azura = Free Azura alt
HS!Camilla = Free Camilla alt

So......Free Lyn alt when? :psycho:

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Pairup is so busted lol. At least it can't be used in arena.

Also the summoning pool just got obliterated: any hero released before Book II won't show up as a 5 star in the summoning pool unless (you can only get them through focus summons). So RIP my dreams of getting Genny.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Yet anither Arena-like mode
D2EQp2lXQAId0rX.jpeg

>Aether Resort
D2ES8XKXcAMz9Gv.jpeg

Sounds chill and fun, I like it.

Also, real good to hear the summoning pool changes as that makes the 5* pool significantly less bloated and pity breakers now have a better chance to be something useful

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well... that was a Feh Channel, alright...

Anyway...

Did something quick.

1554435986778.png

My main goal is to get Odd Def Wave in order for her to have a permanent +6 Def buff, but for now, I'm sticking to what I can use at the moment.

And it. is. disgusting.

She can reach up to 64 Def in even-numbered turns, which means Ignis can deal 51 damage.

It's actually insane and I don't regret the Hardin sacrifice at all. She does BF way better than he could ever dream of.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aether Resort is all that matters, they could delete the rest of the game and nothing of value would be lost.

This game has needed something like this and I'm glad it's getting it. This was what I wanted Aether Raids to be.

Also they really went above and beyond with how you can actually take characters inside buildings lol. I'm gonna have too much fun trying to set up little scenes with that lol.

Also that SoV Port Town music better be the actual music for the mode.

Locking pair-up to specific Legendary units was unnecessary and I don't like that they did that. If it was usable in Arena modes I would understand, but since it's basically limited to Story Mode and Allegiance Battles (the latter of which only lets you pair up with friend units anyway), allowing us to use it with all characters wouldn't have had any real impact on anything. I already steam roll Story Mode, giving me pair up would just make it more fun.

Demotions are done a bit weirdly. It's great if you want new units, but for people like me hunting for merges on old units, this doesn't help at all and I hope they reconsider that.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sucks that it took them this long to do something about the bloated summoning pool, but better late than never, I guess? Not keen on them just throwing old units out of the pool entirely, instead they should have some fixed banners that you can summon the older units from, but maybe it'll work out kind of like that anyway.

Aether Resorts look kinda neat, actually. Might be fun to mess around with when there's nothing else to do.

Allegiance Battles... don't look very interesting. Another Arena-type mode. Yawn. If they want to make the friends list relevant, just let us fight friends' teams already, damn it. Or make the Arena format actually interesting, that works too.

And that's basically it? Pair Up exists too, I guess, though I don't see why it needs to be restricted to legendary heroes.

Overall not too interesting, but Aether Resort at least looks okay.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Using this space to laugh at a friend who got pitybroken by M!Morgan a few days ago.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Thoughts:

-Well, the nice thing about Pair-up is that it's not broken and has limits. Like good lord. I don't want to imagine that with Arena or Aether Raids.
-Allegiance Battles look decent so far. I mean, I don't know how enemies will be decided if they are totally random, are from other player's units or whatnot. But it does involve strategy among your friends list. Otherwise, it's just another thing that gives Feathers and Dragonflowers.
-Aether Resort looks relaxing. The bit with the Heroes showing off Accessories and Weapons is rather interesting, as it could allow you to showcase Heroes with seasonal weapons when you don't want to sacrifice for them. That R&R thing doesn't look too bad.....except for the Aether Resort Pass using Orbs. Not......ever....
-Well......we did ask for changes to the Summon Pool....I can't say we weren't asking for them....
-Some of the characters getting demoted to 3-4 Stars are nice. We can get easy Life and Death with Sothe, easy Steady Stance 3 + Reposition with Silas, easy Brazen ATK/DEF with Ares, easy ATK Tactics with Legault, easy Drive SPD with Tailtiu, easy Spur DEF/RES with M!Morgan. I mean, those are certainly nice.
-On the other hand.....rather than demoting 5-stars to 4-star, just the idea to keep them from being summoned in New Hero and Special Hero Banners. Like.....I can't say I'm not happy that there will be better pitybreakers in those Banners if they happen.....but it feels.....cheap....really cheap....

So I guess overall, it's decent, but nothing mindblowing.
It's ****ing restricted????
It's not entirely restricted to Legendary Heroes. In Allegiance Battles, you can choose any one of your units to pair-up with a friend's unit. However, in Story Chapters, Paralogues and Training Tower, only Legendary Heroes like Roy can use Pair-up. So it's not entirely restricted. But whereas Legendary Heroes can have any of your units as a Pair-up, any unit you do Pair-up with in Allegiance Battles can only use a friend's unit.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's ****ing restricted????
Yes, the special new feature for Legendary Roy that was teased is Pair Up. Only Legendary Roy and future Legendary Heroes with that effect can do it.

The exception is Allegiance Battles, where any of your units can pair up with a friend's unit.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can't wait to see how huge*** Surtr looks in one of the beds of the Resort.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Aether Resort looks pretty cute and Pair Up is eh. Not sure how I feel about all the Book 1 5-stars not being summonable in New Heroes and Seasonal Banners anymore, but I guess this might be a good thing if I want to up my chances of pulling the character I want in a New Hero banner.

Yet it also means my dream of having a +10 Takumi will be even harder to achieve...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
While the pool changes are welcome, it still feels more like sweeping the issue under a rug instead of a proper overhaul.

While new unit banners will be much nice now, we still have to deal with the bloated pool in BHB, TT+ banners etc. add the fact that great units like OG Celica, Nephenee and Hector will be harder to get and still are in the older pool sharing it with extremely outdated/bad fodder units like Lyn or Ryoma.
Add the fact that Luke, Blue Olwen and Mist are still 5☆ only.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not gonna lie, there wasn't really a single new thing I actually liked lol.

The 5* change really sucks in the sense that it's putting a bandaid over a broken leg. The fix only affects New/Special Heroes banners, so the bloated pool issue still exists on things like VG banners, Skill banners, and other such banners. And if you're a fan of Gen 1 5*s who this affects, it's now harder to get them since there are now two more banner types you literally can't pull them from.
Casual reminder that Luke has literally never been on a banner after his debut.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Casual reminder that Luke has literally never been on a banner after his debut.
And yet somehow I got him 3 times after that Banner was gone. I'm positive that guy will pop up on me again at some point even with these changes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They really should just go the Opera Omnia route and make old units (Gen 1 in this case) purchasable with a currency (Arena Medals would be perfect for this) if they're gonna cut them from most banners.

At least this way they could safely cut them from all banners, so people like myself pulling for merges on premium units can actually benefit from this.

Top Bottom