• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Fun/Sad Fact: Almost all of the SoV 5☆ characters are in the old pool now.

Only F!Celica, Kliff - and if you wanna count her: B!Celica- can pitybreak you in new banners.

New Valentia Banner soon? Plz?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They really should just go the Opera Omnia route and make old units (Gen 1 in this case) purchasable with a currency (Arena Medals would be perfect for this) if they're gonna cut them from most banners.

At least this way they could safely cut them from all banners, so people like myself pulling for merges on premium units can actually benefit from this.
Honestly that would've been the best solution. It keeps them accessible for those who want them, but keeps them from becoming pity breakers for those who don't.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, just my initial impressions:

-Allegiance Battles looks like a new permanent PvE mode that incorporates Friends in an interesting way, offers unique challenges, and gives us more feathers and flowers. It's weird that it works like Arena scoring, but overall this looks like it could be a fun new mode with meaningful rewards. I'll need to actually play it to see how it is, but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

-Pair Up is... something? I don't have a negative impression of it since it's so limited as is, and it looks like it'll be fun in Allegiance Battles, but the fact that it is so limited makes me wonder if it's all that appealing as a selling point for Legendaries. That said I'm glad they realized it's a totally broken feature and didn't let it anywhere near the actually competitive modes.

-Aether Resorts is cool because it's a fun, silly mode that players can just mess around with, with a few extra rewards for Aether Raids. It's a nice addition for more casual play that plays up the inherent silliness of Feh. Should be fun to mess around with.

-Summoning pool updates are good, in an absolute sense. The disappointment comes from the fact that it should be more substantial than this, and unfortunately we may not see any further changes for awhile. But at the very least, it's a positive change, and it makes New Heroes banners more lucrative (plus gives more weight to Summoning Tickets from Forging Bonds).

Overall I'm actually quite pleased with this update, but I'll admit I am disappointed that many key summoning pool issues are going to be remaining for quite some time, at least. But I'm excited for the new changes and additions, plus we still have stuff like Refines to look forward to. This ought to be fun. : 3

(Plus my dream of a +10 M!Morgan is getting that much closer)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fun/Sad Fact: Almost all of the SoV 5☆ characters are in the old pool now.

Only F!Celica, Kliff - and if you wanna count her: B!Celica- can pitybreak you in new banners.

New Valentia Banner soon? Plz?
Unless I'm forgetting someone, Hardin is currently the only Archanea character in the permanent five star pool, and there are currently no colorless daggers in said pool.

The time is now, IS. Give us Julian.

D

Deleted member

They definitely should not remove Gen 1 units from the pool though, especially as new players come in.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Here's the list of the new pool for New/Special Heroes banners
https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/b9mnzk/list_of_heroes_who_are_now_in_the_5_pool/

Overall is cool beans.
The big winner is green with the army of busted armors, the only duds there are Rhajat (meh fodder, no Prf) and F!Kana (completely powercrept by AF!Corrin)

Other duds are Fates children; Siegbert is still in the main pool for reds (Just use Eliwood lol) and Shiro is in blue with his hilariously powecrept Bright Naginata.

Ivander

Smash Legend
They definitely should not remove Gen 1 units from the pool though, especially as new players come in.
They aren't removed from the pool entirely though. Only in New Hero and Special Hero(aka Seasonal) Banners. In Skill Banners, Bound Hero Banners, Tempest Trial Banners, Voting Gauntlet Banners, etc, Gen 1 units can still be gotten as pitybreakers.

Regardless, this method is not a good solution as for people who's favorite characters are in the Gen 1 pool, this pretty much makes getting those favorites frickin' hard to get unless they are a Banner unit. Not to mention the huge emphasis on New Heroes and Special Heroes due to Arena/Aether Raid bonus units as well as Dragonflowers from Heroic Ordeals.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I get where they're going with the Gen 1 unit change, but as said before it's more like a band-aid rather then a true fix to the problem as it doesn't solve the bloat in the 3-4 star pool and it kicks the problem to the smalle banners like VGs and Skills rather then addressing it outright. Additionally, said fix has its own woes as it means less chances to get those units off-banner for new players, merge projects, or skills like Steady Breath that would be very useful, so it actually makes things worse if you're invested in the Gen 1 units. In the end, it's more of a mixed bag then a fully positive change like we were hoping for.

As for the rest of the Channel, Aether Resort was the only thing that got my interest. The rest I'll give a shot where possible, but I don't see myself investing in anything else that was offered.

And yet somehow I got him 3 times after that Banner was gone. I'm positive that guy will pop up on me again at some point even with these changes.
I still won't forgive Luke for blocking me from getting Leif for a few months, I swear he has a sixth sense of knowing when I'm about to pull for a character I want.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They aren't removed from the pool entirely though. Only in New Hero and Special Hero(aka Seasonal) Banners. In Skill Banners, Bound Hero Banners, Tempest Trial Banners, Voting Gauntlet Banners, etc, Gen 1 units can still be gotten as pitybreakers.

Regardless, this method is not a good solution as for people who's favorite characters are in the Gen 1 pool, this pretty much makes getting those favorites frickin' hard to get unless they are a Banner unit. Not to mention the huge emphasis on New Heroes and Special Heroes due to Arena/Aether Raid bonus units as well as Dragonflowers from Heroic Ordeals.
I know that, I'm talking about the suggestions some have given on thid thread

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Unless I'm forgetting someone, Hardin is currently the only Archanea character in the permanent five star pool, and there are currently no colorless daggers in said pool.

The time is now, IS. Give us Julian.
Also a good way to add Close Counter to the main pool again, as Tacomeme is in the isolated one.

Also Lena in the same banner as him ofc

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also a good way to add Close Counter to the main pool again, as Tacomeme is in the isolated one.

Also Lena in the same banner as him ofc
I saw a suggestion once to have Lena come with a PRF Hammerne with its affect being adding the Brave effect to a target unit's weapon for one turn, and now I want it to be what happens so badly.

D

Deleted member

I saw a suggestion once to have Lena come with a PRF Hammerne with its affect being adding the Brave effect to a target unit's weapon for one turn, and now I want it to be what happens so badly.
I hope whoever had that idea has their knees busted

Ivander

Smash Legend
I still won't forgive Luke for blocking me from getting Leif for a few months, I swear he has a sixth sense of knowing when I'm about to pull for a character I want.
I think the first time he appeared for me was when I tried to get one of the Summer units(at the least, it was shortly after his Banner had gone by). He was SPD+ and I just kept him due to him being a new unit. I do not remember the 2nd time I got him, but I think it was around early-to-summer 2018. I can't remember when I got him, but I think I was ticked when I got him. The 3rd time I got him was when I was trying to get either Laevateinn or Laegjern and boy I was very ticked. I swear out of all the pitybrokes I've gotten, he's the one I have gotten the most.

That's what I think if I'm remembering correctly. The only other scenario if I'm wrong is I got the 2nd from the Muspell Banner and the 3rd from trying to get Tibarn, in which, it doesn't make it any better.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
This channel was pretty alright, except...

Aether Resorts should have been the place to add more functionality to the friends list. Imagine being able to visit friends' resorts and see some of their other units besides their leader.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Yeah, that's... Not what I wanted. Aether Resorts is cool, but the other stuff I'm not fan of. New game feature restricted to many modes AND you need a concrete legendary hero for it, sure.

The pool changes (specially the 3 stars demotions) are certainly appreciated. It means that whenever I blow up my orbs on a new banner even if I don't get what I want I can get better units (unlike last time I summoned since I ended up with L'Arachel and Leo at 5 stars which sucks). The thing is, most of year 1 units are garbage to today standards, what is the point of keeping them 5 star locked and making it even more rare? Instead of demoting people and giving new skills to the summoning pool, we're just gonna Thanos them out of existence? It's such a lame way to do it, better than nothing, but they should made those units available through other ways like you guys have suggested. Now what will be the chances any of those gen 1 units get featured on a banner? It's gonna be impossible to get most of them now, and it's sad I won't be able to +10 units like Lyn, Ephraim or Minerva...

And don't know if this should be noted, but returning special banners will have the old summoning pool, so only new heroes get the treatment, being to the permanent pool or special. Basically, this is yet another way of IS encouraging people to summon on new characters banners, and it makes me want to summon on new banners even less, specially with the new "non full kit" five stars exclusive that they've been having just so you have to summon even more to build the new units you get. They're not making heroes more available, neither skills, and I'm sad for that...

Either way, new refines are up with the update on the board
Screenshot_20190405-090112.png

Would have rather Mathilda instead of Peri because I wanted to +10 her but I want units with Prf weapons. They all need it but none of them are units I care nor I have them at 5 stars, so RIP. Also only 4 compared to 8 we've been getting lately...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
CAIN MY BOY!

Cain getting a refine at long last has mostly made up for my FEH Channel misgivings. Still dislike the summoning issue, but The Bull's finally getting some much needed help.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Seeing Cain and Abel finally getting something in this game is nice. It's too bad I don't use the OG cavalier duo in Heroes. Still waiting on Marisa and to a lesser extent Cordelia getting prf weapons.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At this point my main refine wishes are Virion (Superior Bow?), Tobin (Ilwoon makes way too much sense), Frederick (I want them to go the Cherche route and give him a Brave PRF), Mae and Boey (these two are in dire need of refines), Sumia (might be a while for her since she's Gen II), Jagen (a PRF version of Berkut's Lance with an added slaying effect maybe?), Olivia, and Cordelia.

Very happy to cross Cain off the list.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Of course Hana gets a Prf after I give up on building her lol.

At least I still have the 10 manuals of her

For sure she's keeping the Anti-Armor effect, so here's hoping for a Desperation or Death Blow refine.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gen 1 5*s getting removed from New/Special banners basically removes all chances of me getting a vanilla Hector that’s not -Atk/+Spd... -_-

Guess I’ll be looking for ideas on who to give DC to. It’s about the most productive thing he can do lol

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
FEH channel was really lame. Pair up is super dumb, the new mode they showed is another lame arena-like mode(is it PvP?), and I don't care about Aether Resorts.

The summoning pool changes were also pretty dumb. As far as I can tell all this does is slightly help people who are hoping for a newer off-focus character on a new or special heroes banner. Really the removed 5* units should have been demoted, and most of the existing 3* and 4* pool moved to some kind of F2P gacha. Or something. Honestly anything other than what IS actually did would be better.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's pretty much universally agreed that most of what was shown in Feh Channel was bad, but at least the memes are good.

1554482239726.png

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sounds like more of a reason to leave.
It was more of a stab at the image that showcases only Alm and Faye when the image that would follow would be Faye finding out Celica also left and the Summoning Pool Changes would feature Celica in between Alm and Faye. :smirk:

Regardless, you don't leave and your crush isn't around with you or you leave with them and you have to be with your crush's wife too. Both sides aren't without demerits.

Edit: You know, this actually makes me wonder what will happen with S-rank Partners in Aether Resort. I mean, in the Tap Battle at the end, you have the S-rank Partners enjoying the water together. So what happens if you put S-rank Partners in the Inn together? That is if S-ranks do anything in Aether Resort....

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regardless, you don't leave and your crush isn't around with you or you leave with them and you have to be with your crush's wife too. Both sides aren't without demerits.
I think you underestimate Faye's ability to follow Alm no matter where he goes or what he's doing/

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think you underestimate Faye's ability to follow Alm no matter where he goes or what he's doing/
That....wasn't what I was getting at. I don't underestimate her ability to follow Alm anywhere. I'm just saying regardless of what she does, she still has to deal with not having him since he would either not be there or he's with his wife. The only plus side is that she has to witness only one Celica with Alm rather than 3 of them.

Anyway as I said, I was mostly making jabs at the image itself. Not trying to be more than that or whatnot. No need to continue this specific topic.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I actually like the pool update, so I get to enjoy higher quality pulls and a bunch of memes. :happysheep:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I actually like the pool update, so I get to enjoy higher quality pulls and a bunch of memes. :happysheep:
I mean, I can't say I hate it entirely, as it means if you're pitybroken, you're getting some pretty good characters fodder-wise and, for most of them, stat-wise. I just think there could've been a better solution than just straight out removing them from New Hero/Special Hero pools, or at least a compromise to that.

It's still baffling how there's no "Friend Summon"-like option yet, considering many Gacha games do. A Banner of some kind that gives you 1-3 Star Heroes for non-Orbs.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I mean, I can't say I hate it entirely, as it means if you're pitybroken, you're getting some pretty good characters fodder-wise and, for most of them, stat-wise. I just think there could've been a better solution than just straight out removing them from New Hero/Special Hero pools, or at least a compromise to that.

It's still baffling how there's no "Friend Summon"-like option yet, considering many Gacha games do. A Banner of some kind that gives you 1-3 Star Heroes for non-Orbs.
I think I have a more positive opinion of the change than most because I'm primarily looking at the change itself. Objectively, very good units previously restricted to 4-5 Stars are more common now and the 5 Star pity break pool (at least so far as New Heroes banners go) is significantly better quality overall. That's a good thing.

But a lot of people, myself included, were really hoping for something more substantial. There should be something like a Friend Summon, there should be better ways of dealing with bloat, and the weird insistence on keeping units 5 Star locked even when the game itself recognizes many of them as undesirable pulls is a problem.

But I still appreciate that this update does improve things. Even if it's not ideal and only a band-aid solution, it improves the quality of the pool, and I like that. I'll still keep leaving feedback for improvements, but I enjoy the change for what it is.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After 200 or something Orbs the Binding Blade Banner is now my luckiest and unluckiest banner ever.

I wanted just one Idunn for AR

Instead I got:
+Def-Res AM!Corrin at 5.25%
+Atk-Spd Zelgius at 3.50%
+HP-Spd Tibarn at 3.00%

I wanna get mad but all of my pulls are great units with good IVs lol.

At least now I can try out Galeforce Tibarn for AR instead.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If it makes you feel better, I've got a +1 Idunn. And I'll use her in your honor. And also because the build I made is so dumb... but I can have more than one reason, dammit!

Also... that Wave skill banner... It's tempting me so much lmao

Odd Atk Wave isn't what my original plan was for the Idunn build I want, but damn, the mix of it and the Even Def Wave seal seems really fun... should I?

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The pool change is better than nothing, but they're past the point where I can get excited about a change that is "better than nothing."
They've certainly done worse band-aid solutions to glaring problems (Dual skills), but nonetheless this is still a band-aid solution to a glaring problem. And the band-aid only covered half the wound.
Keep sending feedback~

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm kinda starting to wonder if perhaps this game will even last another year.

It's blatantly clear that IS is well aware of the issues this game has, as they keep putting out something to address them. But whenever they try to address something, the fix they put out often doesn't really address the core issue, or just arguably makes things worse (at least for certain types of players).

It's kinda starting to feel like maybe IS wants the game to die or something. It reminds me a lot of what happened to Sonic Runners, which only lasted a year and went down a similar road - had a rocky start, slowly built up to be something better, then made some big changes out of nowhere that literally nobody wanted and also made some "band-aid fixes" that didn't address some pressing issues with the game. For all intents and purposes, it felt like SEGA wanted the game to die after a certain point, and I am starting to get this feeling with FE Heroes now. Not to say that there is nothing good about the game, but Year 3 so far has felt like the polar opposite of Year 2. Year 2 felt like they were constantly making an effort to genuinely expand and improve the game and it saw success based on that, but as we started getting near Year 3, it's like they flipped a switch. Most changes are things people actively dislike now, power creep is becoming much more blatant, they are starting to push for people to spend money in much more direct means nowadays such as more promo bundles, there are signs of them decreasing the amount of F2P Orbs, etc. The game just feels super anti-consumer these days. And even the new features that should be exciting like Pair Up have tons of fine print associated with them.

I just get the feeling that they're going to use this game to promote Three Houses and, if that doesn't really push numbers, then they'll just bail on the game.

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda starting to wonder if perhaps this game will even last another year.

It's blatantly clear that IS is well aware of the issues this game has, as they keep putting out something to address them. But whenever they try to address something, the fix they put out often doesn't really address the core issue, or just arguably makes things worse (at least for certain types of players).

It's kinda starting to feel like maybe IS wants the game to die or something. It reminds me a lot of what happened to Sonic Runners, which only lasted a year and went down a similar road - had a rocky start, slowly built up to be something better, then made some big changes out of nowhere that literally nobody wanted and also made some "band-aid fixes" that didn't address some pressing issues with the game. For all intents and purposes, it felt like SEGA wanted the game to die after a certain point, and I am starting to get this feeling with FE Heroes now. Not to say that there is nothing good about the game, but Year 3 so far has felt like the polar opposite of Year 2. Year 2 felt like they were constantly making an effort to genuinely expand and improve the game and it saw success based on that, but as we started getting near Year 3, it's like they flipped a switch. Most changes are things people actively dislike now, power creep is becoming much more blatant, they are starting to push for people to spend money in much more direct means nowadays such as more promo bundles, there are signs of them decreasing the amount of F2P Orbs, etc. The game just feels super anti-consumer these days. And even the new features that should be exciting like Pair Up have tons of fine print associated with them.

I just get the feeling that they're going to use this game to promote Three Houses and, if that doesn't really push numbers, then they'll just bail on the game.
Ya'll they took out 4 Orbs from monthly quests and ya'll acting like they want to commit suicide when this game keeps making loads of money and much more anti-consumer friendly gachas have been going for 4 years now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Time to bust the Eirika Detto Geimu memes here? Kappa

Ivander

Smash Legend
List of 3-4* Reds: 32
List of 3-4* Blues: 29
List of 3-4* Greens: 20
List of 3-4* Colorless: 28

List of "removed" 5-Stars:
Reds: 20
Blue: 10
Green: 9
Colorless: 8

Regarding the argument of the 3-4 Pool getting "bloated" if demotes to 5's happened, I checked to see how many "Summon-able" 3-4 Stars from each color pool were available(also includes the newest ones) and how many of the following 5-stars were removed rather than demoted. Unsurprisingly, Red has alot while Green doesn't have much. But surprisingly, there are alot of Blues and Colorless.

If the following 5-stars were "demoted" rather than removed, there would be 52 Reds, 39 Blues, 29 Greens and 36 Colorless. I can't remember how to percentage currently, so somebody try to percentage the chance of getting 1 certain Red character out of 52 characters and whatnot for the other colors.

Edit: If someone wants to go the extra mile, calculate the chance of getting a unit with a certain skill from the combined pool, like say, Quick Riposte, Aether or whatnot.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never agreed with the "don't bloat the 4* pool" mentality. I'd prefer to get units I don't have every now and then instead of literally the same heroes every time. Worried about fodder rarity? Congrats! Hinata is no longer the only source of Fury if you demote Eldigan, and so on.

Top Bottom