• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
F r e e R o l l b t w
Screenshot_20190220-011055.jpg
Hopefully the tickets will give me at least a merge.

Despite her stats and her low ATK, her weapon more than makes up for it.
-First off, she has a bonus against Cavalry, which while it sounds weak for a Beast unit, Panne is a Cavalry unit herself, meaning she can make decent use of it due to her Movement.
-Second, she has a Fury Solo in her weapon, meaning that she gets a +3 to all her stats when she's alone. So when Panne fights enemies on her own when transformed, she has a ATK stat of 48. That's actually not bad and overall pretty decent. Not to mention she backs it up with 37 SPD and 33 DEF, which gives her some pretty good tankiness on the side.
-Third, when transformed, she gives a -4 Combat Debuff to ATK and DEF. So when transformed, if you factor in the above, she actually has an ATK Stat of 52 against foes. Not only that, but that also adds gives her a DEF of 37 combined with her 37 SPD. An ATK of 52 with a SPD of 37 and a DEF of 37 is actually pretty good. Combined with the fact that foes Cannot Follow-up, meaning skills like Quick Riposte and Vengeful Fighter do not work against her and she is actually decently effective against tanks and armors.

Looking at her, Panne is actually a pretty good unit. And she can Chill SPD, meaning that with her good SPD, she can prevent some faster opponents from doubling her, adding to her Tankiness. But what will really make her shine is the Solo skills. She can make fantastic use of both ATK/SPD Solo or ATK/DEF Solo, adding to her powerful Solo unit status. She can also make great use of Tibarn's Sturdy Impact. And due to her Solo nature, she doesn't need to fear skills such as Aversa's Night or that new skill from Selkie.
Combined with the fact that she is a Cavalry unit, meaning Hone, Goad, Ward and Fortify Cavalry will work with her. That said, if buffed by Hone or Fortify, she won't have her Transformation bonus UNLESS she is with Kaden or Selkie.
Kaden and Selkie are also Cavalry units, meaning that she can not only get a Hone/Fortify from them, but if Kaden or Selkie are the only units beside her, she will have the Buffs as well as her Transformation bonus, allowing her to reach 58 ATK and 43 SPD, which makes her pretty dangerous. Combined with the fact that Kaden also brings in Drive buffs with his weapon. So if Panne gives Kaden a Hone Buff to him, Panne can get an additional +6 to her ATK and SPD, making it 64 ATK and 49 SPD.

So yeah, Panne is deceptively powerful.

Edit: Swiggity swooty, 5 Azuras coming for the floofy.
Erureido Erureido Tagging due to Kaden fanart.
Considering I got my *** handed by an angery bunny in the story I gotta take the L because I underestimated her lol.

Huh, Velouria and Keaton are busted, Gen 3 BST has arrived I guess. Reaaaally hoping Velouria gets demoted, she would be one of the best +10 projects in the game. I'd do it.

Well, time for some story discussion!
Huh, so no 5 minutes in Namek stuff, we went straight to the day of Alfonso's death. And Gustav is still an *******.

But being an ******* doesn't qualify you out of the "FE parent" crew, so his death isn't that surprising (Guess in Three Houses Geralt will die too at this rate lmao). But I guess that maybe Alfonso's grandpa did the same thing and that's why Gustav knew he could do that.

The problem is that it ends with Gustav's death, there is nothing to look forward in the next chapter... Where is the story going now I wonder, will they go to the land of the dead already?

El Tavo dying actually was sad for me, I mean, who's gonna tell Poncho he's a dip****? lol

Considering Hel got lowkey salty by Gustavo's sacrifice we could see her going for Sharena in the next chapter.

But something is for sure; seeing Henriette mourning is going to hurt :substitute:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
All my orbs went bye bye last night as I tried to pull Kaden.

My free summon ended up being my third Dorcas, and then I got my third Myrrh while sniping for green as well. Even further down the orbs, I pulled YET ANOTHER FLIPPING Dorcas, and eventually my third Brave Hector. I ended up merging two of the extra Dorcases I have with the +Def -HP I've been saving for sometime, and I also merged the Myrrh with the one I have to reach 40+2 for her. Brave Hector ended up being Bold Fighter fodder for my Black Knight.

It wasn't until towards the end I finally pulled him!

Welcome home, buddy!

Too bad he has a nature of +Res -Spd. That's really unfortunate.

Now I have to rely on the power of the Tickets to give me another Kaden to remove the bane, and if they don't work... well, I REALLY hope he'll be the demote.

Man, to think all those Dorcases trolled me of all the Kadens I could've pulled along the way...

D

Deleted member

At this point Im gonna follow the theory of r/FEH

They literally forgot to kill off Eliwood in FE6
Honestly, pretty sure that's the case comsidering he's sick as soon as the game starts and then is never seen again after that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Despite Gustav sacrificing himself, I'm positive we'll see him again at least once if "land of the dead" is anything to go by.

Also, was that branch they talked about a red herring or is Alfonse going to find the meaning of it later?

D

Deleted member

Despite Gustav sacrificing himself, I'm positive we'll see him again at least once if "land of the dead" is anything to go by.

Also, was that branch they talked about a red herring or is Alfonse going to find the meaning of it later?
download9918ced9__2fstorage_2femulated_2f0_2fDownload_2f3kq31ad7roh21.png

Bottom text

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Is this foreshadowing or just hopeful thinking, Anna?

To play devil's advocate, it'd be hilarious if the Alts of Anna were in fact just her sisters, meaning that all Anna "Alts" are really just 'new characters' and Heroes Anna never ends up getting an Alt. :laugh:

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Screenshot_20190220-125624.png

Managed to get her in under 30 orbs so thankfully my +1,700 orb stash is still safe.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, that was our latest chapter.

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but...

I rather like what I've seen of the story so far.

I've seen a lot of pushback against them killing Gustav instead of Alfonse, usually citing the trope of killing new characters for the sake of it. But killing Gustav is a pretty good step for this story arc.

Book 3 has spent its early chapters laying the groundwork for Alfonse's character arc. His relationship with Gustav is characterized by inadequacy; almost everything he does is harshly critiqued, and not entirely without warrant, either, especially in regards to Alfonse' lack of understanding of the value of preserving a ruler's life (hey, a story with death as an antagonist talks about the value of life? It's almost like this story understands theming.)

And then right after Alfonse gets his big "don't get yourself killed" lecture, he goes and gets himself diagnosed with death and Gustav has to take his place.

That's a pretty solid set up for a character arc, something this chapter seems to understand:

Alfonse: "As for your concern and guidance... they mean everything to me."

With Gustav gone, the job of leading the kingdom and defeating Hel falls onto him, and from what we've seen so far, Alfonse seems to have heavily relied on Gustav for guidance. That puts Alfonse in a position where he's required to grow as a person to deal with the overarching threat, and that makes for more interesting storytelling.

That was ultimately the biggest failing of Book 2, as well. While it had some interesting moments and characters (Alfonse' dilemma over saving a village from Surtr or going to Nifl to defeat him permanently, Veronica's growth as a character in contrast to Surtr's pure evil, Laevatein and Laegjarn's relationship, Helbindi's arc), a lot of it fell flat because our actual protagonist, Fjorm, was pretty boring. There was no real arc to her, no character that was explored and developed as the story progressed. As a result, the story ended up being mostly a series of obstacles to overcome for the heroes while the actually interesting characters were relegated to the sides.

Book 3, in contrast, has a clear thematic arc of Alfonse growing into his role as king when he's forced into the position by external forces while grappling with his belief that he's not a worthy successor. Now, Book 3 still could just drop the ball on this and not actually go anywhere with it, but as it is, it stands as a strong opening.

I'm interested to see what happens next.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, that was our latest chapter.

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but...

I rather like what I've seen of the story so far.

I've seen a lot of pushback against them killing Gustav instead of Alfonse, usually citing the trope of killing new characters for the sake of it. But killing Gustav is a pretty good step for this story arc.

Book 3 has spent its early chapters laying the groundwork for Alfonse's character arc. His relationship with Gustav is characterized by inadequacy; almost everything he does is harshly critiqued, and not entirely without warrant, either, especially in regards to Alfonse' lack of understanding of the value of preserving a ruler's life (hey, a story with death as an antagonist talks about the value of life? It's almost like this story understands theming.)

And then right after Alfonse gets his big "don't get yourself killed" lecture, he goes and gets himself diagnosed with death and Gustav has to take his place.

That's a pretty solid set up for a character arc, something this chapter seems to understand:

Alfonse: "As for your concern and guidance... they mean everything to me."

With Gustav gone, the job of leading the kingdom and defeating Hel falls onto him, and from what we've seen so far, Alfonse seems to have heavily relied on Gustav for guidance. That puts Alfonse in a position where he's required to grow as a person to deal with the overarching threat, and that makes for more interesting storytelling.

That was ultimately the biggest failing of Book 2, as well. While it had some interesting moments and characters (Alfonse' dilemma over saving a village from Surtr or going to Nifl to defeat him permanently, Veronica's growth as a character in contrast to Surtr's pure evil, Laevatein and Laegjarn's relationship, Helbindi's arc), a lot of it fell flat because our actual protagonist, Fjorm, was pretty boring. There was no real arc to her, no character that was explored and developed as the story progressed. As a result, the story ended up being mostly a series of obstacles to overcome for the heroes while the actually interesting characters were relegated to the sides.

Book 3, in contrast, has a clear thematic arc of Alfonse growing into his role as king when he's forced into the position by external forces while grappling with his belief that he's not a worthy successor. Now, Book 3 still could just drop the ball on this and not actually go anywhere with it, but as it is, it stands as a strong opening.

I'm interested to see what happens next.
I feel one of the things that one of the things that helped Gustav was the fact that we saw a whole lot with him in just 3 chapters, despite only lasting for 3 chapters. Compare this to Gunnthra whom we only saw around 3-4 times before her death and 3 of them were talking with Kiran. With Gustav, he made at least 8 appearances, he was talking to characters that weren't the protagonist and he certainly didn't convey the same message with all of his dialogue, compared to Surtr where all his dialogue could be replaced with "I am Fire. I am Death." and the story would remain much of the same.

So as much as Gustav dying a bit early is a bit lackluster, he certainly made a more bigger impact with his dialogue and presence with what he did get.

That said, I'm still certain we will see him again at a later Chapter, if "land of the dead" has any meaning in it.

D

Deleted member

I like the direction the story is taking, memes just take priority

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm fine with the direction the story is taking and I think it's got better groundwork than Book II.

If I were to compare the two, Book II had more new characters I got attached to (obviously this could change but I'm comparing to my first impressions of the Book II characters), but Book III has a much better villain and general premise for its story, and makes better use of the Askran group, particularly by making Alfonse the main character. It kinda makes Book II feel like a filler episode by comparison (thinking from the perspective of the Askran group). I also like the potential moral ambiguity that could arise from Hel compared to Surtr's "MUST BUUUUURN THINGS RAAAARGH".

Also I blew Orbs on the Hot Springs banner because I'm basing my pulls mainly on Dragonflowers for now. I only got Ryoma though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Got Legendary Tiki from the Duma Banner.
-Got Winter Tharja from the first Guaranteed Banner
-Got Amelia from the Hot Spring Banner
-Got Winter Ephraim from the second Guaranteed Banner
-Just got Zelgius from the Tellius Valentine Banner

I think the game is trying to tell me something, guys.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I just wish the story would move back to the worlds of the other Fire Emblem games. By all means, keep the Hel/death storyline going; seems interesting enough. But can we PLEASE get more of the fun, bite-sized versions of maps from past FE games like in Book I? I'm getting tired of all five maps in each new chapter being practically the same; a nondescript field with some mountains and trees somewhere in Askr, or Muspell, of Nifl. Give us some Radiant Dawn maps! This is a crossover game, after all.

And speaking of Book I, we ever gonna get back to the whole Embla and Zacharias and dark evil god blood conflict or nah?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well guys, Intern-kun struck again!

Found this over at Reddit and then double checked it. The Google Play page updated and listed the upcoming Legendary Hero event early, potentially revealing Roy as the next one for this month.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Found this over at Reddit and then double checked it. The Google Play page updated and listed the upcoming Legendary Hero event early, potentially revealing Roy as the next one for this month.
Ah, finally we're getting Legendary Roy! Awesome!

I sure hope he'll be a Red Archer like I wanted him to be, but from what I'm hearing, the next Legendary Hero won't be red. Bummer..

D

Deleted member

Legendary Roy coming with Unbinded Blade with DC, DD3 and Vengeful Fighter all built in +3 Atk get ready boys

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That means all of the CYL1 winners now have a Legendary version too.

I wonder if Legendary Celica and Legendary Veronica will happen soon too.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That means all of the CYL1 winners now have a Legendary version too.

I wonder if Legendary Celica and Legendary Veronica will happen soon too.
Think it depends on if they actually continue printing Legendary Heroes once they complete the original set of 16. I think there's a good chance they'll just move on to Mythics from there.

In that case, I don't really see Veronica making it, but Celica has a pretty good shot at being our last Earth Legend. Think it'd probably be either her or Xander at this point.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Think it depends on if they actually continue printing Legendary Heroes once they complete the original set of 16. I think there's a good chance they'll just move on to Mythics from there.

In that case, I don't really see Veronica making it, but Celica has a pretty good shot at being our last Earth Legend. Think it'd probably be either her or Xander at this point.
Wait, are they planning on stopping Legendary Heroes?

I was under the impression that Mythic Heroes would be reserved for god-like characters (typically non-playable characters that were either not present in the actual story of an FE game or were present, but were like a final boss or something), while Legendary Heroes is reserved for main lords/royals, and CYL winners, mostly representing their country as such.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wait, are they planning on stopping Legendary Heroes?
I dunno. I was just saying it's possible that they only wanted to do one full batch of Legendary Heroes. With Mythics being basically Legendaries 2.0 and having their own unique effects, they may want to just move on.

Especially if they want to ever finish the complete Mythic set. As of now we have a system where each new Legendary banner introduces either one Legendary or Mythic hero. It would take FOREVER to actually round out the full set of 16 mythics. We're still waiting several months to even get our first Dark/Astra mythic. If they stopped introducing Legendaries after the first set, that pacing issue would sort itself out.

But that's just speculation on my part for now.

I was under the impression that Mythic Heroes would be reserved for god-like characters (typically non-playable characters that were either not present in the actual story of an FE game or were present, but were like a final boss or something), while Legendary Heroes is reserved for main lords/royals, and CYL winners, mostly representing their country as such.
Yep.

Not sure what that has to do with what I said. :ohwell:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not sure what that has to do with what I said.
When you said "original set of 16", I thought you were saying that there was already a predetermined set of 16 characters which would go against any ideas people have of how long they will keep adding Legendaries, meaning any observation of how they may be deciding who gets to be a Legendary/Mythic would be moot.

I'm only now realising after what you said in your last post that by "original 16" you're not referring to a predetermined set of characters, but rather the 16 possible combinations of element/buff combos, each one tied to one of the Legendary characters.

Personally though I hope Mythic Heroes aren't a replacement for Legendary Heroes going forward mainly because the mechanics for Mythic Blessing buffs aren't as good, it's just a worse version of the Legendary Blessing mechanics, something I already struggled to get use out of until Legendary Azura.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
All the additional free orbs I obtained in the hopes of pulling Kaden these past few days didn't get me Kaden, so I whaled for 20 orbs. Once those those 20 orbs went by, I pulled another Kaden!

Even better, this Kaden had a nature of +Atk -HP this time. Now that is an absolutely PERFECT Asset!

I then merged my old Kaden with the new one, and soon after, I finished his build:

I don't have any other usable beasts right now, so I made this build for Kaden so that he could fit into my Horse Emblem team as the green unit. He also makes a decent partner for my Hrid, covering the latter's weakness to blue units while also giving him Goad Cavalry buffs.

Perhaps once I get access to some other useful skills, Kaden will have another build more optimized for mixed teams.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Talking with a friend about doing yolo rolls
>I have a nice stash, I should not yolo
>....
>Yolo
Screenshot_20190222-205206.jpg Screenshot_20190222-205553.jpg

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
>Talking with a friend about doing yolo rolls
>I have a nice stash, I should not yolo
>....
>Yolo
View attachment 194097View attachment 194098
Lol I hate yolo rolling cause I tend to react like this:
(garbage roll) sigh
(garbage) ok stop after next one
(garbage) okay for real next one is the last
(garbage) I'm close, I can feel it
(garbage) okay stop
(garbage) stop wasting orbs!
(garbage) Stop rolling
(garbage) STOP
(garbage) STUPID GAME
(garbage) why am I still going
(garbage) do I have a real gambling problem?
(garbage) !@%#
(A 5* I didn't even want [lookin at you, Helbindi]) Hah! See? That's something, at least ... I'm gonna press my luck and keep going!

Edit: So of course I went and yolo rolled on the Blazing Light banner and got two Leifs and a Celica to show for it and twenty orbs to spare.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Erureido Erureido

So I just got Kaden from a Ticket. Wasn't planning on pulling from the Banner besides the Free Summon and Tickets, but fate decided to throw me a treat in the form of a +ATK, -HP Kaden.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Erureido Erureido

So I just got Kaden from a Ticket. Wasn't planning on pulling from the Banner besides the Free Summon and Tickets, but fate decided to throw me a treat in the form of a +ATK, -HP Kaden.
Nice! That's the same nature like the second Kaden I pulled!

You've got any plans on how you want to use Kaden yet, like putting him in certain type of team?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nice! That's the same nature like the second Kaden I pulled!

You've got any plans on how you want to use Kaden yet, like putting him in certain type of team?
Well, considering I made a post about how well he can work with Panne, I can put him in a group with Panne. And considering I have Tibarn and Nailah as well, I could make a Beast Team with the 4 of them. That said, Reyson would probably be better for that team if I can get him, as he has Fortify Beasts, which would work great alongside Kaden.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So I'm currently 60 points away from reaching Tier 21 of Aether Raids. Should be able to solidify myself in there if I win two of the three matches I have left (don't even have to be perfect wins).

It'd be super exciting to actually make it into the highest tier. Wish me luck.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Celica has a pretty good shot at being our last Earth Legend. Think it'd probably be either her or Xander at this point.
It would make a lot of thematic sense too, with Mila being the Earth Mother, and all.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It would make a lot of thematic sense too, with Mila being the Earth Mother, and all.
Yeah, she'd be pretty fitting, especially with how popular she is and the lack of Valentian representation.

I think Xander is her main competition mainly because of how IS treats Fates and its characters. I could easily see them adding Xander in there to round out the Fates cast alongside Ryoma and Azura (Legendary Ryoma even seems to tease the prospect of him fighting Xander in his quotes).

And also someone needs to quench Feh's thirst for him.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Considering the "I can't scroll for **** Banner" is dropping in some hours, here's what we could do choose the color we want.

However:
-IS could modify the pitch of the yellow orbs to all sound the same.
-All of your orbs could be green

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>when you're trying to trick IS into giving you compensation Orbs and have to assure them you didn't pull at all because there were no worthwhile banners

Top Bottom