• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I went for colorless because I wanted either Halloween Jakob, Halloween Sakura, or NY!Takumi

Ended up getting another Halloween Jakob, and he got a much better nature too! The new one is +Atk -HP, while my old one is +Def -Atk. I feel tempted to using the new one, but I don't have Bold Fighter fodder at the moment, so I'll probably end up using the new one to merge with the old one.

I just realized that despite all the interesting stuff, we got no demotes.....

C'mon, Luke and Mist have been stuck in the 5-star section for too long.
Now that you mention it, that is quite surprising they announced no demotes for the 2nd anniversary.

This is starting to get ridiculous at this point with the amount of 5-stars reaching even more bloated numbers.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
iirc they did demotes on last April (pretty much around when I started playing, saving me from getting Merric'd lul) So it should be the same case this year.

On the other hand demotes will bloat the 3-4☆ making harder to pull good fodder like Selena, Klein or Cain
At this point they should create a "Pool B" or simply remove some units and put them on the Grail Shop

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I just realized that despite all the interesting stuff, we got no demotes.....

C'mon, Luke and Mist have been stuck in the 5-star section for too long.
Now that you mention it, that is quite surprising they announced no demotes for the 2nd anniversary.

This is starting to get ridiculous at this point with the amount of 5-stars reaching even more bloated numbers.
Just a brief reminder that the changes on the summoning pool didn't happen on the 1st anniversary, rather on a FEH channel in April. So maybe we can expect the demotion then.

But even then they have to fix more than that to be honest, and I don't know if simply demoting people from 5 star is the solution. Don't get me wrong, I agree people like Mist and Luke have no business in the 5 star pool, and I personally want Lyn to be demoted to +10 her. But taking out all this units from the 5 star pool would fill the 3-4 star pool, making really difficult getting stuff while summoning (it's already difficult as it is). Many people I'm sure would rather get Hinata or Selena rather than any of the potential demotes from the 5 star pool. And honestly I don't know how to fix it, maybe making two different pools and when summoning you choose the one you prefer? Maybe making use of the 1-2 star rarities and taking characters to a "Free daily summon" pool in those rarities?

iirc they did demotes on last April (pretty much around when I started playing, saving me from getting Merric'd lul) So it should be the same case this year.

On the other hand demotes will bloat the 3-4☆ making harder to pull good fodder like Selena, Klein or Cain
At this point they should create a "Pool B" or simply remove some units and put them on the Grail Shop
Well I got ninjad, that almost the same I just wrote, Imma post it either way because I already typed it, but get off my head Mythra lmao.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Abyssal Tiki in one turn:

ChikoLad ChikoLad False Sense False Sense

. . . . .

My fee summon from the seaonal thing was Summer ATiki. Really not sure what to do with her, as I don't use seasonals and she doesn't really have great fodder.

On better news, I got a flying Nino and an extra merge for Minerva of the daily banner.

Gotta save orbs for Hinokas banner to get her some merges and hopefully a +Spd nature.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I got a Summer A!Tiki. I already have one I never use anyway, so I guess she's Melon fodder?

Not actually that bad, all things considered. I like having access to weird seasonal weapons as fodder, so I can probably use this for something fun down the line.

Now if only I had an axe unit I was interested in building...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I got a Summer A!Tiki. I already have one I never use anyway, so I guess she's Melon fodder?

Not actually that bad, all things considered. I like having access to weird seasonal weapons as fodder, so I can probably use this for something fun down the line.

Now if only I had an axe unit I was interested in building...

In a not completely obvious attempt to save Melonbae I say, build her :V

A Wo Gùn build can sinergize with Sol nicely coupled with her high Atk and Def making her sustainable.
Or use the Melon to get into Brazen range quicker and run Brazen Atk/Spd and Brazen Atk/Def seal for Desperation Bonfire nukes.

Also the Melon is flat out powercrept by Beach Banner

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In a not completely obvious attempt to save Melonbae I say, build her :V

A Wo Gùn build can sinergize with Sol nicely coupled with her high Atk and Def making her sustainable.
Or use the Melon to get into Brazen range quicker and run Brazen Atk/Spd and Brazen Atk/Def seal for Desperation Bonfire nukes.

Also the Melon is flat out powercrept by Beach Banner
Fair point.

Counterpoints:

-Both my Tikis are -Atk

-Have you recently compared her stats to Libra?

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Merge them :V

-*Cries in Gen 1 unit*
I have both Summer Corrin and Summer Camilla with practically the same Blarblade+ set and both positive IVs. And despite Summer Corrin being inferior to Summer Camilla, both are very useful, especially for doing Chain Challenges and Squad Assaults. And I have a Summer Tana just waiting for a Raourblade+.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, here's a question. With the introduction of Dragonflowers, who would be the first unit from each movement type that you'd invest in?

For me, it'd probably be:

Infantry: M!Robin

Infantry is a really competitive class for me, and there's a lot of units I'd love to invest Dragonflowers in, like F!Corrin, F!Robin, and M!Morgan. But knowing that these flowers are probably going to be pretty limited and infantry units are going to be extra pricey, I gotta stick with my favorite. Between Dragonflower buffs and my Summoner Support, he'd hit some pretty insane stats overall, including a base Spd of 40. He's already one of my most reliable units, and I can't wait to make him even stronger.

Flying: Aversa

This one for me really comes down to either Aversa or F!Grima (I mean, doing both isn't out of the question, but sticking with one for now). But I think Aversa edges out because she's way more merged up than my F!Grima, and because of Aversa's Night, she scales up really well with stat boosts. Any extra points in HP makes her global debuffs all the more potent, and with how much I use her in Aether Raids, investing in her just makes sense.

Armored: Winter Robin

Either him or M!Grima, but Wobin gets a little more value out of every stat than M!Grima does, plus getting +1 to all stats gives him a lovely base 40 Def and 30 Res to work with (seeing him at 39/29 is just annoying).

Cavalry:

...y'know, I don't actually have a cavalry unit I've significantly invested in.

Maybe I should find one for a merge project...

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So, here's a question. With the introduction of Dragonflowers, who would be the first unit from each movement type that you'd invest in?

Infantry is a really competitive class for me, and there's a lot of units I'd love to invest Dragonflowers in, like F!Corrin, F!Robin, and M!Morgan. But knowing that these flowers are probably going to be pretty limited and infantry units are going to be extra pricey, I gotta stick with my favorite. Between Dragonflower buffs and my Summoner Support, he'd hit some pretty insane stats overall, including a base Spd of 40. He's already one of my most reliable units, and I can't wait to make him even stronger.

This one for me really comes down to either Aversa or F!Grima (I mean, doing both isn't out of the question, but sticking with one for now). But I think Aversa edges out because she's way more merged up than my F!Grima, and because of Aversa's Night, she scales up really well with stat boosts. Any extra points in HP makes her global debuffs all the more potent, and with how much I use her in Aether Raids, investing in her just makes sense.

Either him or M!Grima, but Wobin gets a little more value out of every stat than M!Grima does, plus getting +1 to all stats gives him a lovely base 40 Def and 30 Res to work with (seeing him at 39/29 is just annoying).

Cavalry:

IDK about other movement types but I'll probably spend some on Hinoka and Morgan. They could use the stat bumps to be more valuable for Abyssal clears. :v

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, this update is lit

Eliwood's Durandal also will get a refine.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nice to see alot of Year 1 units get some new weapons/refines. Still a bunch of Year 1 units missing a Prf, but this is a good number.

That said, Seth fans be like:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Highlight of the update is Nintendo caring at least 0.01% about their Brazilian fans
Screenshot_20190203-012933~2.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>The Lava and Spring Breeze maps from AR are getting nerfed.

Eat ****, horses.

>The closer the Hero is to their release date, they'll receive more Dragonflowers

Well, ****

----

This update feels bigger than 3.0.0 :V
It has a big scummy screwup but at least is mostle nice.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For the past few days of the Legendary Hero banner, I've been trying to pull for Duma because he'd make my "last stand tanky unit" for my Aether Raids defense team with my lack of Surtr. Almost every time I tried to pull for Duma, I sadly had Summer Linde show up instead. To be more precise, Summer Linde ended up stealing my Duma pulls THREE TIMES. It's reached the point I now have a 40+4 Summer Linde for no reason whatsoever. Seriously, what is with Summer Linde showing up so often? The only 5 star I pulled from that banner then aside from her was Legendary Ike, which is okay considering I finally have Warding Breath fodder.

Just about an hour ago, I finally struck some nice luck with the LH banner. After getting another 20 orbs, I decided to go for a full round of summoning because there was one blue orb and four silver orbs: a perfect opportunity for a higher chance of pulling a 5-star from the silver orbs! What a magical set it turned out to be, because I got three five stars in that one summoning!

Two of them were my first copies of a certain Trickster:

And my last summon in that round was none other than:

YES!!!!! Duma came home!

^Visual proof of how the summoning round turned out!

But despite finally pulling Duma, I was saddened to learn my Duma got a really bad nature: +Spd -Res. He got the opposite asset and flaw he wants. What a bummer!

Guess this means I'll have to pull for another Duma to hopefully get one with a better nature or one that can remove this nasty Resistance flaw. If I don't get lucky pulling another Duma before his banner ends, I decided that I'll use the current Duma I pulled as Bold Fighter fodder for the +Atk -HP Halloween Jakob I pulled yesterday.

What to do with Loki on the other hand... much tougher decision.

The first one I got has a +Atk -Spd nature, while the second one is completely neutral. On the one hand, I can easily merge the neutral one with the former to remove the speed flaw. On the other hand, Odd Attack Wave is a REALLY good C-skill, and it's the first time I've ever had access to someone who can fodder this skill.

So I just want to hear some input. Is it better to just merge the two Lokis, or should I hold onto the neutral one and fodder the other one for Odd Attack Wave?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
For the past few days of the Legendary Hero banner, I've been trying to pull for Duma because he'd make my "last stand tanky unit" for my Aether Raids defense team with my lack of Surtr. Almost every time I tried to pull for Duma, I sadly had Summer Linde show up instead. To be more precise, Summer Linde ended up stealing my Duma pulls THREE TIMES. It's reached the point I now have a 40+4 Summer Linde for no reason whatsoever. Seriously, what is with Summer Linde showing up so often? The only 5 star I pulled from that banner then aside from her was Legendary Ike, which is okay considering I finally have Warding Breath fodder.

Just about an hour ago, I finally struck some nice luck with the LH banner. After getting another 20 orbs, I decided to go for a full round of summoning because there was one blue orb and four silver orbs: a perfect opportunity for a higher chance of pulling a 5-star from the silver orbs! What a magical set it turned out to be, because I got three five stars in that one summoning!

Two of them were my first copies of a certain Trickster:

And my last summon in that round was none other than:

YES!!!!! Duma came home!

^Visual proof of how the summoning round turned out!

But despite finally pulling Duma, I was saddened to learn my Duma got a really bad nature: +Spd -Res. He got the opposite asset and flaw he wants. What a bummer!

Guess this means I'll have to pull for another Duma to hopefully get one with a better nature or one that can remove this nasty Resistance flaw. If I don't get lucky pulling another Duma before his banner ends, I decided that I'll use the current Duma I pulled as Bold Fighter fodder for the +Atk -HP Halloween Jakob I pulled yesterday.

What to do with Loki on the other hand... much tougher decision.

The first one I got has a +Atk -Spd nature, while the second one is completely neutral. On the one hand, I can easily merge the neutral one with the former to remove the speed flaw. On the other hand, Odd Attack Wave is a REALLY good C-skill, and it's the first time I've ever had access to someone who can fodder this skill.

So I just want to hear some input. Is it better to just merge the two Lokis, or should I hold onto the neutral one and fodder the other one for Odd Attack Wave?
My immediate thought is merge them rather than use one for Wave fodder, for two reasons:

1.) Loki is really good. She's a solid healer in her own right, but the real appeal of her is her weapon, which basically makes her a mobile Tactics Room. That's insanely good for Aether Raids since you can effectively shut down ranged threats and disrupt opponents strategies. That utility is really strong, and to top it off, the activation is based on HP, a stat that will get boosted with a single merge.

2.) Wave skills are technically good, but they're a luxury item, and not necessarily the most efficient. If you're relying on them, you always run the risk of not having the buff when you need it, at which point running something like Tactics may be more effective overall. More importantly, the stat boost they provide can be acquired from other, more readily available sources, so the net gain from such a premium inheritance is relatively small.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is this a bug or does Surtr always appear this huge on the Home Screen?

Cavalry:

Infantry: Marth, Chrom, and Delthea. Not sure who I'll do first.

Flying: Clair, Laegjarn, and Kinshi Hinoka in that order. These three will be the first ones I do overall.

Armoured: Not too sure because I don't use armours much. Probably Black Knight. Brave Hector, Winter Robin, and M!Grima might also be good for it.

Cavalry: NY!Laegjarn.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So the Feh comics celebrating FEH's 2nd Anniversary were translated:

Basically, Virion gets some respect as the oldest hero, Ylgr is still so innocent and interaction between Laegjern and Laevateinn is still adorable.

Opossum Opossum for due Virion respect. ChikoLad ChikoLad for more Laegjern.
Laegjarn continues to be the best.

Ylgr is plotting world domination. Book 4 antagonist confirmed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So the Feh comics celebrating FEH's 2nd Anniversary were translated:

Basically, Virion gets some respect as the oldest hero, Ylgr is still so innocent and interaction between Laegjern and Laevateinn is still adorable.

Opossum Opossum for due Virion respect. ChikoLad ChikoLad for more Laegjern.
I love how I see this while playing Kingdom Hearts 3.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Damn I was close, Im sorry Canada
Screenshot_20190203-200642.jpg

Also the new voting event has begun.
Gotta admit, getting the extra point was fun.
Screenshot_20190203-201424.jpg
However not being able to choose the color in the actual banner is pure bull**** from I$'s part.
But after thinking it for a moment the banner becomes a normal one with the winners as focus, hopefully with Hero Fest rates.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
However not being able to choose the color in the actual banner is pure bull**** from I$'s part.
I don't see why they can't do a Brave Heroes deal where you can pick one of the four colors. Also, if their intention is to not let everybody automatically get the best units or more specifically, Legendary Azura, why still do it? I can understand the idea of Guaranteed 5-Star with the Seasonal Banners, since a Guaranteed 5-Star doesn't necessarily mean the one you want, but at least those are picked beforehand. The Find & Vote event, which is the players doing the picking, shouldn't be subject to RNG in the end.

Regardless, now it doesn't seem to be just picking the best character of each color, but also picking the characters who are both a great unit and great fodder in case you get the colors you don't want.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But after thinking it for a moment the banner becomes a normal one with the winners as focus, hopefully with Hero Fest rates.
Not being able to specifically choose the hero we get from the free summon is pretty stupid. The situation as it is now was only made worse by the fact that this detail wasn't properly communicated the Feh Channel, so a lot of people have spent the last few days assuming they would be able to pick the color of their choice. This is effectively very similar to the Ayra incident; a lack of proper communication in an unprecedented situation leading to people getting their hopes up for something that wasn't going to happen.

It's not exactly all bad, though. Assuming the community actually votes in quality heroes (ideally Legendaries and powerful seasonals), then your free pull should still be an exceptionally good unit or extremely valuable fodder, and having the chance to summon all of them on the banner itself (something that was properly communicated) is a potentially good deal. Granted, that's somewhat dependent on the rates; if it's just a normal 4-unit banner, the rates for summoning aren't all that great. If it's a Hero Fest, though, then it's a fantastic opportunity to get some incredible units, especially if they're Legendary.

Personally, I'd leave feedback expressing disappointment. I'm doubtful they'll make any last minute changes to the free summon, but it's a good chance to tell IS how players feel about these types of practices. Hopefully they'll learn from this.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024

Cavalry:

Infantry: A!Tiki since she is my favorite unit to use in the game who is fully merged and dragonflowers would make her even stronger. Though at the same time I am kind of tempted to do Anna first just cause.

Cavalry: Reinhardt...I guess? Every attack point count. Though I am also thinking about Camus.

Flier: Catria I guess to make her even more well rounded. Though really there are too many flying unit I would like to get extra stats

Armored: L!Tiki for the same reason as Catria, to make her stats more well rounded.

Also my free summon for 2017 seasonals was Spring Camilla. Thanks for nothing, IS. Can I send her back for 50 orbs instead?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"Kay, I have 20 orbs, let's not waste them"
"Dude do a yolo"
"No, I wanna save"
"Yolo, dude"
"Yolo it is"
Screenshot_20190204-001416.jpg
Linde is -Atk+Def, but I wanted her just for merge, now my -Spd one will be fixed.

Duma is +Atk-HP :yeahboi:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any predictions for the Valentines silhouettes?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
With this variety of colors now I can make my first thematic team: Green haired waifus with ponytails.

20190204_163012.jpg

Cavalry:

Infantry: F!Corrin

Being a Gen 1 Dragon with poor BST sucks so she benefits greatly from a +2 on all of her stats.
With the upcoming merge update + SS and the flowers she'll reach 56 HP, giving her a respectable bulk and Panic Ploy potential.

Pretty much the same reasons. I also considered Caeda due her prf but Aversa's Night debuffs are just too good to pass.

Armored:

I really have no idea tbh; I roll my eyes every time I roll Sheena or Effie, BK is in Grail hell, and the only armor I would like to +10 is Amelia so... for the Glory of Duma I guess?

Calvary: Reinbro

To tackle those Abyssals
Ares is also an option, but dude avoids me like a plague.

Any predictions for the Valentines silhouettes?
Camilla again

The dude on the right looks like Ike and the sword on the left gives me heavy Tyrfing vibes.

Valentines Sigurd and Deidre would be ****in sweet

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The one on the right looks kinda like Ike.

Pls for the love of god pair him with Soren
The two most common ideas I've seen for the rightmost guy are Ike and Saber.

On one hand, Ike really should have a seasonal and Emblem Team at this point.
On the other hand, Valentian Valentines with one of my favorite SoV characters is too good to pass up.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I need it to be Saber.... ZADDY Embarrass

plus he's a cool character who is massively underrated

Top Bottom