• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
i know nobody except path of radiance players have heard of him, but Sothe. he is a minor/important character in the game and he will return as a prominent character in the wii version. he is a really quik thief/rogue who use double daggers AND ROCKS
He's been talked about, I and many others don't like him. Japan hates him.

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
i know nobody except path of radiance players have heard of him, but Sothe. he is a minor/important character in the game and he will return as a prominent character in the wii version. he is a really quik thief/rogue who use double daggers AND ROCKS
Preach on! Sothe is awesome! Why didn't I think of that?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Much rather see Sothe than Ike. I didn't even get Sothe in PoR, which is surprising since I usually go through everything in base before I leave. Got Calill and the likes. Maybe I was just rushing, I'll repeat that Ike and his game are both chumps. Not worth my $40, whereas the two GBA games were worth way more than every penny.

GO HECTOR!
GO EPHRAIM/EIRIKA!
GO *ANYONE BUT IKE*!

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Sothe and Ike are the most likely choices seeing as Ike is the face of FE in the states and Sothe may be the next main hero of FE.

P.S. Also I heard Ilyana might also be in the next FE

Edit: Quit hating on Ike. Cause u know he'd pwn.

GenG

Smash Lord
Much rather see Sothe than Ike. I didn't even get Sothe in PoR, which is surprising since I usually go through everything in base before I leave. Got Calill and the likes. Maybe I was just rushing, I'll repeat that Ike and his game are both chumps. Not worth my $40, whereas the two GBA games were worth way more than every penny.

GO HECTOR!
GO EPHRAIM/EIRIKA!
GO *ANYONE BUT IKE*!
Let's cut all characters from games I didn't like. The roster would end with 15 characters or about that...

Rash

Smash Ace
There should be three Fire Emblem characters in Brawl. I know that there are almost too many to count from that particular series, so of course it's going to be a tough decision to see who'll be put in the game.

Personally, I think that a solid combination is Marth, Hector, and Lyn.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm not saying to cut Ike because I personally didn't like him. I didn't...but that's not the point. I'm trying to say that the two GBA's were much more well done and well made, whereas PoR I found rushed and lacking in many area's. Which is why I'm curious as to how he can be the "Face of FE in the States." [Looking at you SupaSmashBrotha]

Then again, it was the only one on a Home Console. But everyone underestimates GBA and ignoring the fact that two were on the portable GBA versus the GameCube, 7 and 8 are deserving.

Haven't we gone over the sales for the three games? [Not sure who was first, but FE7 and PoR were close if I recall right] That's where they should be taking the lords from.

And GenG, I'm not making the game, this is just my opinion, and you took that way out of proportion.

GenG

Smash Lord
In Japan:

FE3- 855,000+
FE4- 752,000+
FE5- 252,000+
FE6- 393,000+
FE7- 290,000+
FE8- 298,000+
FE9- 152,000+

In US:

FE7 - 409,000
FE8 - 331,000
FE9 - 185,000

D

Deleted member

Strangely, GBA, GBC and even original GB games are usualy ignored once the series makes the transition to main consoles. I'm glad that hasn't yet happened to Fire Emblem.

Anyway, I liked all of PoR, and Ike in my opinon was very cool, a perfect candiate for Brawl . In fact he's almost a dead cert; he has a 'super' in game, has a sword (always handy :laugh:), is the main character, and appeared in a recent game.

I would also choose Hector, Ephraim, Lyn and maybe Eliwood, since they fought differently (using an axe, spear, katana and a greatsword respectively).

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Think of it like this: Sakurai wants some more US-friendly characters. Now, Japan gets their Marth and/or Sigurd/Celice/Other-Japan-only-Character.

Then, Sakurai has a choice. If he plans on putting ONE FE of USA character, where would he look for the choices?
1) Sales, which means more people know the lords, and possibly more fanbase and popularity;
2) Underestimate GBA games and go for the most recent FE of USA which was the only one on Home Console and possibly the predecessor of FE Wii.

GameCube is a dying breed, and was dying when PoR came out, thus the low sales by comparison [Did anyone stop to think the sales of PoR was it not being a Godly game?]. Ignoring the fact of FE7 dominating with a resounding 224,000 more in sales than PoR, Ike seems to be popular, again because of belittling the GBA and some other reasons eluding me.

I'm not saying that Sales are the only factor, but they are a big one, and in that perspective, Lyn/Hector/Eliwood have the ball in their court VS Ephraim/Eirika on the other side with Ike and the Black Knight as their waterboys and ball-washers.

GenG

Smash Lord
The fairest thing for all fans is to put ONLY and ONLY a character from each chronology, for example...

Akaneia: Marth
Jugdral: Sigurd or Celice
Ereb: Roy, Lyndis or Hector
Tellius: Ike (this may increase sales of the next FE since it's the same chronology 10 years later, just a thought)

Valencia and Magvel (FE2 Gaiden and FE8 Sacred Stones) are somewhat out of this because these are standalone titles, and Gaiden titles often lacks of representation.

But then, if you want to pick the most original characters (playstyle wise) wether they are popular or not, the choices are Lyndis, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim and Ike.

In Japan: Sigurd is the most popular, Ike quickly became one of the most popular characters and Hector is more popular than Lyndis. Ephraim and Eirika don't have enough support.

In USA: Lyndis is the most popular lord, Hector follows her by a trench of difference, then Ike, and finally Ephraim and Eirika.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
The designs don't match. Yeah, both are red and black, but Holland and France flags are almost the same too.
The flags in the castle stage in Brawl show a standing black dragon, so the stage must be from the very first (or third) Fire Emblem, the fabled Akaneia stage which was planned to be included in Melee. Marth's one.

My picks would be either Lyndis, my favorite fighter in the gba game, or Athos who was the strongest, plus the series could use more mages. For sacred stones I'd want... well Ephraim is just about the only one I can think of, no wait! there was also myrrh, that would be interesting but unlikely. For PoR I'd pick Ike or Greil, who also has a big ax, or one of the laguz, I think that would work if they made it like zelda's transformation. And what is this level in brawl that is based in a fire emblem game? I never heard about that before. oh and wasn't there a black dragon in PoR, what's her name's husband?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Greil only used an axe because he severed a tendon [or something along those lines] so he wouldn't be able to single-hand his sword.

what's her name is Ena the dragon.

We're pretty sure the castle in the trailer is FE, but we don't know which. Some think it's Marths' and others don't.

Making a Laguz would be difficult, because story-wise the Laguz don't and can't fight out of beast form. So it would be like if Shiek or Zelda literally had no moves, there would be no point.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Greil only used an axe because he severed a tendon [or something along those lines] so he wouldn't be able to single-hand his sword.

what's her name is Ena the dragon.

We're pretty sure the castle in the trailer is FE, but we don't know which. Some think it's Marths' and others don't.

Making a Laguz would be difficult, because story-wise the Laguz don't and can't fight out of beast form. So it would be like if Shiek or Zelda literally had no moves, there would be no point.

You're right, in human form laguz are almost completely useless, but imagine playing as Giffca the lion (in lion form naturally), or Nasir in dragon form and tell me that wouldn't be kinda fun. And Greil was still pretty good with an axe.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lyndis, Hector and Ike are the only FE characters that realy have a shot of making it in.

And I'd love to have Lyn in (we need more female characters for one thing... plus, she pwns) Hector should also be in since we don't have many slow powerful characters (only Bowser, DK, G.Dorf and Wario)

I'm just not an Ike fan, and we don't need any more male sword users

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The top canidate for FE7 has to be Lyn. She can easily fit in, seeing a female with a weapon in Brawl would catch a lot of people's attention. And Hector would be the only character with an axe as a weapon, making him unique as well. Eliwood...not so much. He's Roy's father for gods sake. And his main sword is called "Rapier", which I know a lot of people will misinterpret very easily.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
who is athos? can u post a picture of him please?
Athos was in Fire Emblem for the GBA. He was an archsage and he was a master in all magics, and staves. He was very old, thousands of years actually, he helped destroy the dragons the first time. He had max defense, magic and skill I think, and high everything else. He could probably beat Soren and Saleh at the same time!
I would post a picture but I don't know how, sorry I'm new. If you go to Google.com click Images and type in Athos Fire Emblem you might find a good one.
Could you tell me how to post a picture, and do you need the web address you got it from?

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Lyndis, Hector and Ike are the only FE characters that realy have a shot of making it in.

And I'd love to have Lyn in (we need more female characters for one thing... plus, she pwns) Hector should also be in since we don't have many slow powerful characters (only Bowser, DK, G.Dorf and Wario)

I'm just not an Ike fan, and we don't need any more male sword users
Hell no. lyndis of all people!?

Lyndis, one of the most hated lords in japan , has more chance than Sigurd, the most loved lord in japan!?

Lets not forget the poll, where Lyndis and Hector were nowhere to be seen, just Ika and Sigurd for lord candidates.

That polls there for a reason. Sakurai knows how to please the fans now. Sigurd for eastern hemisphere, Ike for western hemisphere.

Imagin if a character thats the most hated(Lyn) gets in before the most loved(Sigurd), Sakurai will be bombarded with hate from the fans he was supposed to please, no pis off.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Hell no. lyndis of all people!?

Lyndis, one of the most hated lords in japan , has more chance than Sigurd, the most loved lord in japan!?

Lets not forget the poll, where Lyndis and Hector were nowhere to be seen, just Ika and Sigurd for lord candidates.

That polls there for a reason. Sakurai knows how to please the fans now. Sigurd for eastern hemisphere, Ike for western hemisphere.

Imagin if a character thats the most hated(Lyn) gets in before the most loved(Sigurd), Sakurai will be bombarded with hate from the fans he was supposed to please, no pis off.
Lyndis has high popularity in the United States. Yes, even higher than Ike.

Lyn gets in, before or after Sigurd. Didn't Sakurai say he was looking past Japan's borders for characters that are loved internationally?

And besides, Lyn has a few merits to get in on her own.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nobody but Lord Knight knows anything about this game series.

But I gave up looking for anything really intelligent after the 5th page...

There's definitely an FE 9 character or two in SSBB: one of stages clearly has a Daien symbol in it.

I saw too many "Eliwood sucks!" and I have to pwn you n00bs.

my own Fire Emblem database said:
Eliwood

Eliwood is one of the three lords of the story. He set out to find his father originally, but as the story progresses he gets involved in much more and eventually ends up having to save Elibe. He's not confident himself, but friends like Hector, Lyn, and Marcus are always there for him. Being one of your lords makes him rather strong, and you have to use him anyways. Supporting him with Marcus and Hector is a good idea.

Class: Lord --> Knight Lord

Affinity: Anima

Joins: Chapter 12; Birds of a Feather

Supports With: Hector, Ninian, Harken, Marcus, Lowen, Lyn, Fiora

Starting Equipment: Rapier, Vulnerary

Weapon Levels
Swords: C

Base Statistics; Level 1: Total Stats; 65

HP: 18
STR: 5
SKL: 5
SPD: 7
LUK: 7
DEF: 5
RES: 0
CON: 7
AID: 6
MOV: 5

Growth Rates: Total Growth; 325%

HP: 80%
STR: 45%
SKL: 50%
SPD: 40%
LUK: 45%
DEF: 30%
RES: 35%

Averages: Total Stats; 211.9

HP: 52.4
STR: 23.8
SKL: 23.5
SPD: 22.4
LUK: 24.1
DEF: 17.4
RES: 16.3
CON: 9
AID: 16
MOV: 7

Pros: Statistically flawless. Able to use Durandal. Mounted upon promotion.
Cons: Late promotion, so he's forced to be weak for about a quarter of the game. Somewhat difficult to raise in Hector's hard mode.

Usefulness Rating: 8/10
Power Rating: 9/10
Eliwood is one of the strongest units in Fire Emblem history, and 4th strongest in FE 7.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The problem with Sigurd (and other Japan-only charcters) is that Sakurai said he's trying to avoid adding characters that are Japan only, and while it's likely he will add one or two anyway, I doubt it would be a japanese FE charcter seeing as there are plenty of international FE characters that can be used intsead. Sigurd also doesn't offer much beyond popularity (and Sakurai has said that simply popular charcters don't interest him as much). Seeing as Marth is more than likely to return, there really is only room for one more Blue haired FE swordsman if even that, and Ike has not only the worldwide recognition, but Sakurai has shown much more interest in him more than Sigurd. And while Sigurd is te most likely of the japanese FE lords, I really wouldn't say his chances are that high.

Lyn's only real drawback is her lack of support in Japan, which while is quite serious, is countered by her immense popularity internationally. Out of all the swordsman Lords, she'd probably be the easiest to make unique (though Ike also has a very interesting style). And seeing as FE7 was the first FE game to become international, then I think that there is a chance that one of the lords from that game will make it.

For other FE characters, I think other possible characters are Hector, Ephraim, Ike, Mikaya and Sothe. Hector and Ephraim are obvious, as they are the only Lords who use an Axe or Spear as their signiture weapon, so offer uniqueness that no other lords can offer. Mikaya is a mage and therefore would be incredibly unique, and seeing as it's likely she is the lord of the next game, that further boosts her chances. Sothe would be an interesting charcter, though his chances depend on how big his role is in the next game.

Ike is an interesting character, as he so far remains the only lord who is known internationally to have incredible popularity in Japan. Like I said, Sakurai has shown a lot of interest in him, on the same level as Ridley. Diddy and Geno. While appearance wise he looks like a mix between Roy and Marth, his sword style seems different enough to work (as his style seems a lot more Rude and rough than that of Marths).

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Ike would be awesome in Brawl.

He's probably the Lord with the most character development, too.
He is. Every past lord stayed the same throughout their game, Ike was the only lord with devolopement(unless you count Celice learning not to hate the man who killed his father Sigurd,which is nothing compared to Ikes devolopement)

But anyways, Sakurai has shown an interest in Sigurd personally since Melee, and was the first FE character he excepted in the poll. Also he third thing he excepted in the poll was a music piece from Sigurds game "End of ther Holy War".

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sigurd was the first lord to have exceptional power, and the first lord to be mounted(which added to his power).

He's also the lord for FE 4's first generation, and FE 4 was prolly the best Fire Emblem game made. The plotline of 4's 1st gen --> FE 5 --> 4's 2nd gen = best plot in a game ever.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ike was a cliche and there was nothing interesting about him so what he rose from mercenary to lord what is so interesting about that? His sword style is also very similar to that of Marth and Roy's so I fear he would be a clone. Plus I just don't like him

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Shadow Caliber said:
Lyndis has high popularity in the United States. Yes, even higher than Ike.

Lyn gets in, before or after Sigurd. Didn't Sakurai say he was looking past Japan's borders for characters that are loved internationally?

And besides, Lyn has a few merits to get in on her own.
Whoa! Where did you get that info. Ike is the face of FE in the states. Also as some1 stated earlier almost every1 in Japan hates Lyn. Ike is popular all around.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Lyn is the game. She is as fast as sheik and she as a bow, how could that be a bad thing? Also she's my favorite character in FE for the GBA.
As for Ike, he isn't as unique as Lyn but I wouldn't mind him. His style is a little more blunt than Marth's. And the Ragnell sword would be interesting.
Lyn- Really want
Ike-wouldn't mind
Hector- Eh.
Sigard- isn't that game only in Japan? 'cause I never heard of him.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yeah 2nd gens plot was weak, but 1st gen was fantastic.
No no, that's not what I'm saying.

The plots go in that order. FE 4's 1st generation, then FE 5, then FE 4's second generation. If you played the games like you you'd be in the same continuing plot the whole time.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
No no, that's not what I'm saying.

The plots go in that order. FE 4's 1st generation, then FE 5, then FE 4's second generation. If you played the games like you you'd be in the same continuing plot the whole time.
What??? Im not following you

Inui

Banned via Warnings
What??? Im not following you
Fire Emblem 5 takes place in between Fire Emblem 4's first and second halves.

Fire Emblem 4's 1st generation part concludes. In FE 5, Leaf musters an army to take back Manster, but Duke Blume of Freege defeats him. FE 4's second generation continues from where Leaf's army lost, with Fin, Leaf, and Nanna as the only survivors(excluding Delmud and some others that joined Celice).

It's one big plotline.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Yeah okay, but we wer comparing plots, which the second gen had a weak one compared to FE4(1st)/5.

Top Bottom