• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I am so happy I have an english version of Fire Emblem 6 Sword of Seals on my computer (Roy's game!) I love it, my favourite FEs out of 6,7 and Sacred Stones would be 7

Dirty Rotten Imbecile

Smash Rookie
as cool as that would be to have all those characters. i wouldnt be surprised if i didnt see any fire emblem characters at all. Roy and marths main purpose for melee was to advertise the upcoming fire emblem games there were actually going to come out in america(those greedy *******s)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Only Roy was in there for advertisment dirty rotton imbecile, Marth was in there because he is the main character of fire emblem 1 and 3. There is a fire emblem stage in the brawl trailer and there have been 9 games soon to be 10 in the series so I doubt that there will be no fire emblem characters in there.

Dirty Rotten Imbecile

Smash Rookie
i hate it when they get somethin we dont. like when i was playin smash when i first got it and saw roy and marth i was like" .......................who the **** is that". Were the older emblem games similar to the ones we have now?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I can give you a link to and english version of the game on rom you can download.
I would like that....and maybe the link to the Emulator too....because when I deal with ROM's, they need like a VERY SPECIFIC emulator, it's really annoying.

I need a GOOD Fire Emblem, haven't had one since Sacred Stones. [Yea, I know you ******* are looking at me like, "hey there was FE9." Think about it for a minute]

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I can give you a link to and english version of the game on rom you can download.
I'm the third most knowledgeable FE player in the country, second only to Eaichu250 and PrinceLeaf.

Eaichu250 and PrinceLeaf made the translation patch. I remember them working on it since I'm associates with them from FEFF/FESS.

I've beaten FE 6 many times and have all the stats memorized from FEWiki.

Thanks anyways? XD

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'm the third most knowledgeable FE player in the country, second only to Eaichu250 and PrinceLeaf.

Eaichu250 and PrinceLeaf made the translation patch. I remember them working on it since I'm associates with them from FEFF/FESS.

I've beaten FE 6 many times and have all the stats memorized from FEWiki.

Thanks anyways? XD
Well now I know :p

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I would like that....and maybe the link to the Emulator too....because when I deal with ROM's, they need like a VERY SPECIFIC emulator, it's really annoying.
Every GBA rom I have works on visual boy advance, including this one.

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I need a GOOD Fire Emblem, haven't had one since Sacred Stones. [Yea, I know you ******* are looking at me like, "hey there was FE9." Think about it for a minute]
I liked Fire Emblem more than Sacred Stones, if you liked Fire Emblem you will like this one.

Here is the link
http://hyperupload.com/download/020ec8e596/fe6.zip.html

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Thanks for the link. I know I HAD visual boy advance at some point....need to go digging around to see if I still have it.

Not sure if you understood that last line....it was an insult to Path of Radiance. O.o

OK, I'm not an expert at ROMs, so I just downloaded it, but where is the translation you speak of? Or is it supposed to be in Japanese?

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone should be dumped.

I don't see why Marth OR Roy would be dumped. It's not much effort on Nintendo's part, as their moves and graphics are already completed, the details just need to be refined for the new raphics engine and the like. They are both different. They have a totally different feel. I don't think the directer would feel a need to remove either of them(especially Marth).

I could see Ike being added. Although I have this nagging feeling that werre being set up...
I would love to see Hector, Lyn, Eliwood, Ephiram in that order. I just don't think they have a good chance.

The Black Knight? Yes. Yes indeed.
He has potential. He has the popularity. I don't know of many characters from anything as Dark as him. He would be like Ganondorf in a way. His warp powder(teleportation) could be applied. Call me crazy, but I could definantly see him being passed. Do I really think they really will? No idea. Did ANYBODY see the chars. in Melee coming?

Aiser

Smash Lord
Eliwood is pretty solid, but unlike hector and lyn he doesn't exactly seem to have a speciality he seems more like ajack of all trades almost.
<_<

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I don't see why Marth OR Roy would be dumped. It's not much effort on Nintendo's part, as their moves and graphics are already completed, the details just need to be refined for the new raphics engine and the like. They are both different. They have a totally different feel. I don't think the directer would feel a need to remove either of them(especially Marth).

I could see Ike being added. Although I have this nagging feeling that werre being set up...
I would love to see Hector, Lyn, Eliwood, Ephiram in that order. I just don't think they have a good chance.

The Black Knight? Yes. Yes indeed.
He has potential. He has the popularity. I don't know of many characters from anything as Dark as him. He would be like Ganondorf in a way. His warp powder(teleportation) could be applied. Call me crazy, but I could definantly see him being passed. Do I really think they really will? No idea. Did ANYBODY see the chars. in Melee coming?

I agree.

I have said this in another thread, but I can't see them taking out anyone? I mean Nintendo wants to add to the list not take away now they may replace a few characters that didn't do that great in Melee but they won't dump anyone. I mean that would be silly. They want a lot of characters in this game seeing how its going online:grin: which means there going to want a wide veriaty of characters to choose from.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Ike will be added b4 any1 else b/c his game was released for Nintendo's flagship console. so to even suggest Lyn or Hector b4 him is silly. Also his game broke a lot of new ground for the FE series. The only person that would be close to him would be Sigurd. Only b/c of his popularity in Japan.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
So....back to my FE6 ROM in Japanese.....what part of it is supposed to be English? Or did I just screw things up? Like....I downloaded a really crappy FE, not sure which one it was, but some lines were in English, others Japanese, and others it didn't matter because the sentence would just cut off. Think the main was Alm? Played it for about 10 minutes, then stopped and kept looking for English versions.

Think Japan-only FE's will be translated and put on Virtual Console? Like, the older ones that can fit?

GenG

Smash Lord
I have said this in another thread, but I can't see them taking out anyone? I mean Nintendo wants to add to the list not take away now they may replace a few characters that didn't do that great in Melee but they won't dump anyone. I mean that would be silly. They want a lot of characters in this game seeing how its going online which means there going to want a wide veriaty of characters to choose from.
They can't. People always ramble about "alternate" versions with special stats ala Guilty Gear, but they can't do that. They can't recover all Melee characters and:
1. Update the textures for these.
2. Make new moves for them, balance the old ones, remove some, and adapt the chacters to a NEW WHOLE CONCEPT that we don't have a grasp of (air combat).
3. Beta testing. A lot of effort goes into this. Testing different pairings in all the stages, items...
4. They can't "let be" the characters as they are in Melee, they would be broken compared to the new and updated characters, with new moves, balanced and fully adapted to the new battle concepts.

As Sakurai said, they don't have infinite time and manpower to do EVERYTHING. They want the most obvious characters in Brawl and put many more. Seriously, I'd better have any other Fire Emblem character than Roy or Eliwood, with a different playstyle (Roy was an updated Marth, as his game is a "revival" of Marth's one in many aspects).

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, Roy is a clone of Marth in SMASH and FE6, itll be pointless to include him again, unless they plan on having clones again....

Ike and Sigurd are more diverse than Marth, One also wields lances and the other fights more reckless.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
That's what I've been trying to say, but then ppl say "So he's like Roy." Except the fact that Roy's style was exactly like Marth's. Sakurai just swicthed it up in smash so it wouldn't seem like it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I do not see how Ike would be different from Marth, Sigrud I doubt will be added because Ike is Sakurai's new favourite lord and plus now that Fire Emblem is world wide it wouldn't be good for the series if you include a japan only character apart from marth of course if there are any typos sorry I am in a hurry.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Ike's style of sword play mixes aerial acrobatics with crushing blows. While Marth's is more ground based and is designed to keep an enemy at a distance. Also Ike is a mercenary which means he's probably skilled in hand-to-hand combat as well which could mean more powerful throws.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I would love for the Black Knight to be in Brawl, but think of how much stronger he was than Ike. You needed a lot of elixars or Mist to stand a chance. He would have to be an uber-boss or something.
I agree that Ike's style is much different than Marth's. Remember Ike's fight scene with Griel in the beginning? He put strength into each attack more than skill. Times that by one hundred, after he is a level twenty lord, and you have a completely different character. Not to mention the Ragnell sword.
Lyn-please, oh please
Ike-please
Hector-wouldn't mind
Sigrud-never heard of him
Black Knight-fun to play as but a slight advantage over your opponent.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ike could be unique but he would easily be a clone, they shouldn't waste time with him add lyn and hector first for uniqueness and then chuck in Ike as a marth clone, Ephriam I wouldn't mind either with the lance and then Sigrud could be a Ephriam clone.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Are you encouraging clones?
Ike-blunt strong swordsman with magic sword that attacks at distance.
Lyn-Super fast swordswoman with bow.
Hector-Slow strong axeman.
Ephraim-Fast lanceman.
Sigrud-Never heard of him.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
What is the point of one hundred characters if their moves are copy and pasted? That takes away what makes them unique and what makes them a good character. I would rather they do the character justice then have a clone.
Who is Sigrud anyway? He has a lance apparently, anything else make him special.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Sigurd is the strongest lord in the entire FE series. Many say that the second strongest is Ike. I don't see why ppl think Ike has the highest chance of being a clone when really Lyn does. Now b4 you're like "WTF?!?!" take into the account that Lyn's sword is designed to accompany Marth's style of swordplay: quick and keep enemies at a distance. The only thing that would set her apart from Marth is the fact that she might have one move that utilizes the bow tastefully.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
not really marth has stronger thicker slower slashes, Lyn has quick, nimble, fast but weaker slashes and a bow. Ike is very similar to Marth except his slashes are stronger and less accurate than marths.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
"Sigrud-never heard of him"

Dont worry, you will soon enough

Every character thats been in an american FE game doesnt hold a candle to Sigurds popularity. Sigurds so popular cause his game sold so much more than others. Sigurd's sold 753,000 copies(lotsa fans) vrs Lyns 291,000 (littlefans in comparison)

Now that should give you a feel of why Sigurds so popular, and why he was nominated and Lyn wasnt.

Also to inform you on Sigurd:

Sigurd is 23 years old, and is in his prime compared to other lords except Marth who are all teenagers. Sigurd is the sone of the Duke of Chalphy, and is the lord of FE 4 for the First half of it. He has a son named Celice who becomes the lord of the second half when hes 18 years old. Sigurd uses Swords and Lances, and his holy weapon is the Tyrfing, which is probably the second best Holy weapon in FE histroy behind the Narga. At age 26, his fate is decided and he is killed.

Him dieng contributed ALOT to his popularity. As you can see, as Celice is pretty much Sigurd, but isnt as popular.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
those are japanese sales charts though arn't they. Lyns game sold brilliantly everywhere well not Japan but it sold well there aswell.

Every character thats been in an american FE game doesnt hold a candle to Sigurds popularity in japan. Sigurds so popular cause his game sold so much more than others in japan. Sigurd's sold 753,000 copies(lotsa fans) vrs Lyns 291,000 in japan (littlefans in comparison)
*fixed

Top Bottom