• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Basic Unit Mini Mafia: Game Over

BarDulL

Town Vampire
you're not the least scummy and do not try to posture yourself as being the least scummy, it's making me uncomfortable lol.

you're distanced from kursed but only really pushed for kursed's slot when he was tracked. i also made comments about kursed and tried to get him to post actual content.

i feel though that the amount of times you have been wrong on lynches hurts you whereas i've consistently not jumped on the popular laundry band wagon while pushing my own agenda. unless you feel that intentionally disagreeing with gheb on laundry, then laundry on JD, is scummy of me, then i'm 100% definitely the least scummy in terms of confirmed flips.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
not to play hypocrite by inadvertently posturing myself as least scummy, but i'm trying to make a point here.

Maven89

Smash Master
Bardul you're the only person to ever put any suspicion on me and it was such a bad push that most people just ignored it or thought you were scummy for doing it, Laundry was trying to argue that Kursed was town, I was the only one arguing that Kursed was scum, and I was arguing with him for it.

Also you say you pushed Kursed? Lets compare the posts then

Nah Kursed needs to go, I've seen him post thoughts and reads in another mafia game, I'm not buying at all that he's just too new to play

Vote: kursed

though I want to hear Dietz thoughts
Now lets look at yours

kursed please post something of merit. a reads list (with explanations) and some kind of direction would do nicely.
One is pushing for a person to get lynched, the other is pure null.

So you really need to get off whatever it was that made you push me if you're town, because I'm not getting lynched today unless the other town player is ********.

Rosalina is just coasting by, and needs to tell us who she wants us to push and why

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Did not say I ever mainly pushed Kursed. Also I said more about him than that, wtf? Regardless, you still can't refute that it makes no sense for me to put myself in precarious situations by going against Laundry and Gheb. Literally makes no sense when scum can just jump on the bandwagon and not draw attention to themselves.

I'd bring up quotes but I'm in class on the phone >=p

Maven who do you think is scum between Rosalina and I? I feel like you have avoided giving an honest opinion on both slots to set up a cross between me and Rosalina.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS

Hey dude. I SEE YOU ONLINE >:[, and lets be honest here, you're lookin' like a baked potato ripe for the taking, especially if you don't come in. Just try to be 100% transparent. If you are Town I will see through to you...probably. The inactivity isn't helping us atm 'cause we got a deadline to work with.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Oh yeah, sorry. Didn't realise the deadline was so close.

Right now, I have developed reads, but to fully understand how I came to these conclusions, I will have to describe my entire train of thought.

This was my first draft, which I'd actually written a couple of days ago. Any words I put in italics are my commentary on my thoughts:

(Begin draft)

I don't OMGUS people. Indeed, right now, I actually think Maven is appearing more suspicious than you. (I started off with this read due to Maven's apparent overconfidence in his reads.)

Reads:
Maven:
My main reason for suspecting him is the manner in which he's phrasing himself, and some of his comments which I've found odd.
I feel with the Kursed flip as mafia, and me being the only person to bring him up and make him scummy, that out of the three of us I'm pretty clearly the least scummy. So I was hoping that someone would come in and try to push me because I do not believe anyone could actually read the game and come out with that to opinion. Hence mafia.

Unfortunately no one obliged me so I'm going to have to actually re-read
This plan couldn't work. I can't vouch for Bardeezy, but I do not feel you are in the clear, or anywhere near it. Sure, you suspected him, but that hardly clears someone. And even if it could work, why would you reveal it? It doesn't matter if you don't talk about it, and there would still exist the chance someone accuses you.

Bardul you're the only person to ever put any suspicion on me and it was such a bad push that most people just ignored it or thought you were scummy for doing it, Laundry was trying to argue that Kursed was town, I was the only one arguing that Kursed was scum, and I was arguing with him for it.

Also you say you pushed Kursed? Lets compare the posts then

Now lets look at yours

One is pushing for a person to get lynched, the other is pure null.

So you really need to get off whatever it was that made you push me if you're town, because I'm not getting lynched today unless the other town player is ********.

Rosalina is just coasting by, and needs to tell us who she wants us to push and why
And here, you seem to make a big point, comparing reads of Kursed. It really shouldn't matter right now imo. If someone accuses Kursed, they're distancing if they're mafia, or they've got a read if they're town. It's very difficult to actually discern people based off a read, unless the read was very unpopular, yet the player still stuck to it. At that point, Kursed was not placed in a favourable light.
Additionally, your style of speech here is very confident, unusually so. From my experience, you don't often make such bold claims. I could be wrong, but you usually use logic and rationality primarily, rather than using emotions, and AtEs to exert your influence.
You have been pushing for more content, but that could just as easily be done by town as mafia.

(Here, I would usually post something on Bardull, but I noticed a couple of his comments, and more importantly, was convinced to re-read the interaction between Kursed and Maven)

(End Draft)

At the moment, however, I'm now reading Maven as town.

The decider was that Kursed turned out to be roleblocker, and that Maven was actively attacking Kursed with a legitimate point.
I haven't re-read, but I think Kursed is playing us, I've seen him actually ask questions and have reads in other mafia games, I don't believe him, and I think we should lynch him if he doesn't post thoughts. No way he doesn't have any. And if he really is just being very cautious for non-scummy reasons, then having a "post or die" deadline should help him contribute
Nah Kursed needs to go, I've seen him post thoughts and reads in another mafia game, I'm not buying at all that he's just too new to play

Vote: kursed

though I want to hear Dietz thoughts
Wow this inactivity. Personally I was hoping someone else would kick start it but I guess I'll have to try. Unfortunately it's too late for me to re-read tonight so I'll get to it tomorrow

@#HBC | Laundry I'm reading it more as he believes he can just get away with it
These are all legitimate reasons for a lynch, one which Maven advocated strongly for.

Unfortunately, Laundry decided to defend Kursed. But what if he hadn't? Kursed would most likely be lynched, and the second mafia would be alone, and town would still have a mislynch. MafiaMaven would probably had to predict Ryu tracking Kursed, which isn't impossible, but rather unlikely.

So Mavenis probably town, and after taking that into consideration, his confidence in his own safety makes sense. As such, I read Maven as town, and therefore Bardull as mafia, but it's purely by PoE, rather than actually having any read on him.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
that's basically what i was thinking about maven but he has been giving me the willies lately.

as an aside, i want to address the pink elephant in the room since no one has yet

why didn't orbo roleblock anyone?

i've been pondering it for a while but i'm short on straws. he clearly wasn't inactive because he submitted the kill lol

BarDulL

Town Vampire
These are all legitimate reasons for a lynch, one which Maven advocated strongly for.

Unfortunately, Laundry decided to defend Kursed. But what if he hadn't? Kursed would most likely be lynched, and the second mafia would be alone, and town would still have a mislynch. MafiaMaven would probably had to predict Ryu tracking Kursed, which isn't impossible, but rather unlikely.

So Mavenis probably town, and after taking that into consideration, his confidence in his own safety makes sense. As such, I read Maven as town, and therefore Bardull as mafia, but it's purely by PoE, rather than actually having any read on him.
lets talk about this for a bit actually

what makes you think that kursed would have most likely been lynched before JD in that scenario? maven was the only one actively pushing kursed at that time while everyone was pretty dismissive to the idea of kursedscum. wouldn't it have been a worthy gamble on his end as scum to ultimately secure his positioning? let's also not forget that scummaven had the option of simply no-killing for the rest of the game if he wanted to in order to avoid the tracker. also, what do you mean by "mafia maven would probably have to predict ryu tracking kursed"?

also, isn't it possible that maven as scum is confident in his positioning? what makes you lean towards confident town as opposed to confident scum in his positioning?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
that's basically what i was thinking about maven but he has been giving me the willies lately.

as an aside, i want to address the pink elephant in the room since no one has yet

i've been pondering it for a while but i'm short on straws. he clearly wasn't inactive because he submitted the kill lol
I never actually realised this. But you're right, Ryu should have found tracked him RBing as well.
As for why, (I'm assuming nafia PR are capable of using their PR and killing at night @ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier is this true?) I think the only reasonable conclusion is that they didn't care or even wanted to be tracked. This actually makes it quite likely Kursed being lynched actually affected mafia plans little, or even improved their chances. But what can that tell us? (I have a couple of ideas, but I want you two to try to suggest some beforehand)

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
lets talk about this for a bit actually

what makes you think that kursed would have most likely been lynched before JD in that scenario? maven was the only one actively pushing kursed at that time while everyone was pretty dismissive to the idea of kursedscum. wouldn't it have been a worthy gamble on his end as scum to ultimately secure his positioning? let's also not forget that scummaven had the option of simply no-killing for the rest of the game if he wanted to in order to avoid the tracker. also, what do you mean by "mafia maven would probably have to predict ryu tracking kursed"?

also, isn't it possible that maven as scum is confident in his positioning? what makes you lean towards confident town as opposed to confident scum in his positioning?
Having re-reread, I realised you're right. Maven's push on Kursed was soon dismissed by Laundry, and his further pushes were unlikely to result in a lynch. But I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Maven could simply not kill for the rest of the game. Doesn't that go against his win condition?
And I meant that if maven were mafia, he would have to have predicted Ryu would track Kursed, if he were to solidify his position, although I now recognise the flaw in my logic.
As for Maven's confidence, this originally lead me to read him as mafia, since it seemed to be uncharacteristic if his town meta. My layer statement was just to point out that my previous point concerning his confidence being suspicious is moot.
However, now that you've poked all these holes in my reasoning, I'm definitely going to have to reconsider.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637

What changed? Why are you no longer confident in your read of Maven? Clearly, you'd noticed the elephant early on.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
it might just be paranoia (i'll be honest his slot has been scaring me since like D2~D3, hence my big push onto maven on D3), but i feel like maven's the caliber of player to push kursed when he has the option to do so as scum. his confidence coming into today, as well as him intentionally waiting to give his opinion until after you've given yours, makes me think he has been trying to be manipulative to get us to cross.

for example

if i tell you that i have a scum lean on you coming into today, which i did, it would make you approach my slot less favorably since ideally you want to survive. if maven withholds his opinion before you state yours, then he can more easily maneuver his vote since his interaction with you wouldn't be affected by him having taken a stance beforehand. it's essentially politics. notice how when i call maven out on this he basically ignores it and doesn't give a solid stance. he has been waiting for you to make your own statement first. look no further than the 4~ days the game had played out this day phase and he still hasn't given a stance yet.

as for maven simply no-killing for the rest of the game, essentially, mafia do not have to kill if they don't want to. the MO for this is that mafia can avoid being tracked. granted it slows the game down immensely (since no one is dying in night phases) but it's actually favorable to do so in order to avoid the tracker when there is only one mafioso remaining (this prevents trackers from getting clears when someone dies).

LOL! BM means "bad mannered." I was implying that if maven is scum, he better not play us for fools if we ended up cross voting (aka biding his time and getting us to talk when he can just end the game by voting for one of us.)

to be fair i haven't been confident in my read on maven. i had a slight lean on you and a slight lean on maven, but his playstyle just irks me and has me thinking.

the only reasons i can come up with for why orbo didn't roleblock someone are two-fold. either he didn't want the tracker to soft-clear someone if orbo was tracked, or there is some other mechanic we don't know about regarding what happens when someone is roleblocked.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
oh yeah and to finish my point about the roleblocker, that's why i think orbo/kursed was definitely expendable in that scenario and does not clear maven whatsoever

Maven89

Smash Master
l

what makes you think that kursed would have most likely been lynched before JD in that scenario? maven was the only one actively pushing kursed at that time while everyone was pretty dismissive to the idea of kursedscum. wouldn't it have been a worthy gamble on his end as scum to ultimately secure his positioning?
That would imply I knew no one would follow with my push, which is not something a person can predict unless the points are wrong.

@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS every mafia game I've played has allowed the scum PR to also do the NK. It's riskier since there's no way they can try to counter claim.

if i tell you that i have a scum lean on you coming into today, which i did, it would make you approach my slot less favorably since ideally you want to survive. if maven withholds his opinion before you state yours, then he can more easily maneuver his vote since his interaction with you wouldn't be affected by him having taken a stance beforehand.
I already have given stances on both yours and Rosa's slots, and that I find both scummy. I didn't repeat those today but nothing changed.

it's essentially politics. notice how when i call maven out on this he basically ignores it and doesn't give a solid stance. he has been waiting for you to make your own statement first. look no further than the 4~ days the game had played out this day phase and he still hasn't given a stance yet.
I explained why I didn't want to make a push until after Rosa had posted. I did it specifically because you asked. I'll point out that you haven't given a stance either, outside of "either or", which I think is something we're all thinking.

the only reasons i can come up with for why orbo didn't roleblock someone are two-fold. either he didn't want the tracker to soft-clear someone if orbo was tracked, or there is some other mechanic we don't know about regarding what happens when someone is roleblocked.
He could have RB'd the person he was killing.

oh yeah and to finish my point about the roleblocker, that's why i think orbo/kursed was definitely expendable in that scenario and does not clear maven whatsoever
Explain this because I do not understand how you came to this conclusion.

I was originally 40% Ros, 30% Bard, 30% undecided. Now it's more 50% Bard, 25% Rosa, 25% undecided. Bard just seems to be trying to push for my lynch when he really, really has zero good reasons to be thinking I'm scummier then Rosa, yet in his approach to Rosa he never once asks her questions but only tries to convince her that I'm mafia. The only question he asked was about me being town and about why I'm scummy. I do not believe Bard has been trying to actually figure out who is scum but has only been trying to convince Rosa to lynch me, once Rosa posted he doesn't even seem to consider the idea that Rosa could be scum. He then insists that I don't vote if Bard and Rosa vote each other, which just implies heavily to me that if he was town he'd think I was mafia. Again, not even considering the idea that Rosa is scum, and he's been mentioning that was leaning towards Rosa being scummier, yet none of his posts reflect that.

And then Bard tries to suggest that I'm the caliber of player to push my own team mate, but really Bardull, what are you getting that from? The only game I remember playing with you in was Lovers and I was just pure crap there, so where is this idea coming from?

@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS I was pretty much the same when it came to confident posts in the other mini game we were both in. I mean I almost lost everyone the game because of it.

For all extents and purposes I'm voting Bardull, unless something changes. I do not believe any of his pushes against me. I don't think he believes them himself. Sorry if I rubbed anyone with my "I'm town", but I'll point out that I'm very aware I could be lynched today, and wanted to put my defense up there before anyone else tried to bum rush my slot with garbage pushes. I'm normally very cautious in these games when it comes to lynching, but I'm not cautious when it comes to defending myself.

Also, I don't see why not. I'll Roleclaim. I'm a Vanilla Townie Archer. I have a bow that does nothing but makes me look cool. There's a little sprite in my role PM.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
it might just be paranoia (i'll be honest his slot has been scaring me since like D2~D3, hence my big push onto maven on D3), but i feel like maven's the caliber of player to push kursed when he has the option to do so as scum. his confidence coming into today, as well as him intentionally waiting to give his opinion until after you've given yours, makes me think he has been trying to be manipulative to get us to cross.

for example

if i tell you that i have a scum lean on you coming into today, which i did, it would make you approach my slot less favorably since ideally you want to survive. if maven withholds his opinion before you state yours, then he can more easily maneuver his vote since his interaction with you wouldn't be affected by him having taken a stance beforehand. it's essentially politics. notice how when i call maven out on this he basically ignores it and doesn't give a solid stance. he has been waiting for you to make your own statement first. look no further than the 4~ days the game had played out this day phase and he still hasn't given a stance yet.

as for maven simply no-killing for the rest of the game, essentially, mafia do not have to kill if they don't want to. the MO for this is that mafia can avoid being tracked. granted it slows the game down immensely (since no one is dying in night phases) but it's actually favorable to do so in order to avoid the tracker when there is only one mafioso remaining (this prevents trackers from getting clears when someone dies).

LOL! BM means "bad mannered." I was implying that if maven is scum, he better not play us for fools if we ended up cross voting (aka biding his time and getting us to talk when he can just end the game by voting for one of us.)

to be fair i haven't been confident in my read on maven. i had a slight lean on you and a slight lean on maven, but his playstyle just irks me and has me thinking.

(This is a bit off topic, but I'm curious)
With him not night killing, doesn't that just slow the game down, without any benefits? Sure, tracker doesn't get clears, but mafia doesn't get kills. It's as if that night didn't exist, just buying town more time. How can it work?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
(This is a bit off topic, but I'm curious)
With him not night killing, doesn't that just slow the game down, without any benefits? Sure, tracker doesn't get clears, but mafia doesn't get kills. It's as if that night didn't exist, just buying town more time. How can it work?
the main benefit is that if he chooses to not kill, the tracker won't be able to determine who scum is (and will also not be able to clear anyone).

for example

lets say maven is scum. if maven attempts to kill someone assuming his roleblocker is dead, the tracker has a chance to target him. even if the tracker doesn't target maven, the tracker can determine that one player is town if they did not visit someone assuming someone dies.

basically the tracker can objectively confirm that someone isn't scum if they aren't responsible for the skill assuming 1 player isn't alive.

HOWEVER

if maven simply doesn't kill anyone at all, he is able circumvent this predicament. the game get slowed down a lot as a result but he can't be pinned off night action results alone.

@ Maven89 Maven89 i will get to your post right now

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That would imply I knew no one would follow with my push, which is not something a person can predict unless the points are wrong.
this is definitely not true. having played mafia for a while now, i KNOW when key players like laundry are going to be a giant pain in the ass to push over in order to get a lynch. i'll admit to this but i knew i wasn't going to be able to get your lynch D3, but EVERYONE was ignoring you when i felt people needed to give you attention.

I already have given stances on both yours and Rosa's slots, and that I find both scummy. I didn't repeat those today but nothing changed.
you did not give a clear, concise lean between myself and rosalina. you basically stated that you felt you were the least scummy of us which doesn't actually leave any kind of impression on which path you want to take in LyLo. this is called keeping your options open. not to mention that multiple people died and flipped since your stances were made prior, that's a pretty big change.

I explained why I didn't want to make a push until after Rosa had posted. I did it specifically because you asked. I'll point out that you haven't given a stance either, outside of "either or", which I think is something we're all thinking.
this is also not true. i stated, while coming right out the gate, that i was leaning towards rosalina as scum. i DID say i was going to be reserved about it and hear both sides beforehand though. however a lean is still there. it is literally my second post of this day phase dude.

He could have RB'd the person he was killing.
Explain this because I do not understand how you came to this conclusion.
what????? why would he do that? that makes no sense at all for scum to do this considering the open set up. if he targets the doc with a kill and a roleblock, he achieves nothing with the roleblock because the doc doesn't save anyone anyway if he is targeted. same with targeting the tracker with both abilities because the tracker won't be able to talk about his results anyway since he is dead. UNLESS scum was taking a REALLY sub optimal approach to trying to nail the tracker in the fear that maybe the tracker would get protected. but even if this was the case, we know orbo didn't do this because he would have been seen visiting orbo twice, not just once.

that being said, here's my theory. hypothetically, if orbo chooses to kill one slot and roleblock another slot, and he happens to get tracked, he essentially soft clears the slot he roleblocked. imagine if ruy had picked up someone getting RB'd by orbo, it would pretty much **** all over scum because they've inadvertently pointed at someone and said 'this is someone we're worried about.'

i'm also wondering if there's something else at play we don't know about, like maybe the roleblocker informs his target if they were RB'd or not, but i have no idea.

anyway, this leads me to believe that orbo was essentially expendable. given that kursed was playing the way he was, i just can't shake the feeling that they weren't concerned for his safety. not to mention orbo was the slot that submitted the kill on N2 if i remember correctly.

i don't know, you tell me. why else would orbo not target anyone with his roleblock? why wasn't he expendable?

I was originally 40% Ros, 30% Bard, 30% undecided. Now it's more 50% Bard, 25% Rosa, 25% undecided. Bard just seems to be trying to push for my lynch when he really, really has zero good reasons to be thinking I'm scummier then Rosa, yet in his approach to Rosa he never once asks her questions but only tries to convince her that I'm mafia.
riddle me this maven. why would i, as scum, go for your slot for the lynch, when rosalina's play throughout the game can be considered pretty sus considering rosa's complete lack of interactions with kursed? rosalina put kursed on the backburner the entire game and has jumped on board with some easy lynches, which can be easily construed as safe scum play. i kid you not when i say that rosalina would be an EASY lynch for me to push at this juncture of the game as scum. however i am actually not doing this, rather i am testing the waters with both of your slots. so you tell me, if i'm scum, what's my MO?

The only question he asked was about me being town and about why I'm scummy. I do not believe Bard has been trying to actually figure out who is scum but has only been trying to convince Rosa to lynch me, once Rosa posted he doesn't even seem to consider the idea that Rosa could be scum. He then insists that I don't vote if Bard and Rosa vote each other, which just implies heavily to me that if he was town he'd think I was mafia. Again, not even considering the idea that Rosa is scum, and he's been mentioning that was leaning towards Rosa being scummier, yet none of his posts reflect that.
i asked more than this, and it wasn't to implicate you. rather, i was trying to gauge rosalina's perception and why she jumped to the conclusions that she did. did you read my paragraph of questions?

let's be fair here, you haven't necessarily been gauging rosalina's intent. one thing that i'm curious about is why you haven't touched on rosalina's pretty quick flip once i asked rose those questions. i intentionally didn't mention anything to see how you'd react to it, so why didn't you?

And then Bard tries to suggest that I'm the caliber of player to push my own team mate, but really Bardull, what are you getting that from? The only game I remember playing with you in was Lovers and I was just pure crap there, so where is this idea coming from?
we've played more games than that together actually. in one game i remember you being the traitor as my mate and you actually handled yourself pretty well and distanced from me, i have no idea why or how you got shot honestly lol. i've read some other games with you in them and i generally agree with your pushes and how you play.

For all extents and purposes I'm voting Bardull, unless something changes. I do not believe any of his pushes against me. I don't think he believes them himself. Sorry if I rubbed anyone with my "I'm town", but I'll point out that I'm very aware I could be lynched today, and wanted to put my defense up there before anyone else tried to bum rush my slot with garbage pushes. I'm normally very cautious in these games when it comes to lynching, but I'm not cautious when it comes to defending myself.
if you are town then you are going to lose the game for us LOL, but if you are scum then you already lost. that is all i can say to this. i'd prefer to see you gauge both my intent and rosalina's more though before making your vote.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
what????? why would he do that? that makes no sense at all for scum to do this considering the open set up. if he targets the doc with a kill and a roleblock, he achieves nothing with the roleblock because the doc doesn't save anyone anyway if he is targeted. same with targeting the tracker with both abilities because the tracker won't be able to talk about his results anyway since he is dead. UNLESS scum was taking a REALLY sub optimal approach to trying to nail the tracker in the fear that maybe the tracker would get protected. but even if this was the case, we know orbo didn't do this because he would have been seen visiting laundry twice, not just once.
edited this quote so it makes more sense

i also want to mention that in the hypothetical scenario that if orbo hit the doc protect and nothing happened, he wouldn't be condemned if he was tracked because he could come off as being the doctor for having not visited laundry twice. of course luck would have it that laundry was the real doctor, but orbo didn't know that at the time. it just flat out doesn't make sense to double target someone in this set up as roleblocker.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
alright, so i hate being a stickler for time, but the deadline is april 1st. we obviously can't no-lynch here. if it should come down to it, rose, are you willing to vote for maven in the 13th hour?

maven, try to respond soon.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Tbh, at the moment, I would rather lynch you. Your statements seem perhaps a bit overly defensive, and Kursed's flip still kind of seems to me to be indicative of Maven's innocence. Additionally, your comment about Maven not killing doesn't make sense, since he's basically giving town extra time, without any added advantage to himself. Furthermore, the only reason I can come up with for Orbo not using his PR is to generate doubt through WIFOM. It cleared Maven, to some extent, but WIFOM allows us to overthink it, possibly interpreting it as sign he's actually mafia. So, my final point actually kind of contradicts my first, but overall, I get the feeling Maven's actually town. Definitely re-reading though.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
And with your theory, why couldn't Orbo then PR his mafiabuddy, thereby soft clearing him? I think the main purpose was to cause WIFOM, leading to confusion, which was achieved primarily by your mention of the pink elephant, before which had not been noticed, and therefore wasn't up for discussion to cause dissent.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637

for example

Like I've said, I don't OMGUS people. It is completely unreasonable to assume I would approach your slot less favourably for threatening me. Indeed, the opposite may be true if your evidence is sound.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@ BarDulL BarDulL
Can you recap your argument against Maven. I've tried filtering through your posts but I mostly find counter-arguments to Maven's posts. Then again, I haven't searched really hard, but could you recap them anyway?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i'll be blunt. i've been testing the waters with maven so that i can make a more informed decision. in no way have i stated that maven is scum yet.

if maven is scum, he would have had to have distanced his partner at a time where JD was being pushed for by laundry, all the while laundry was proclaiming that kursed didn't seem like scum. if scummaven is good, maven would have known that he wouldn't have pulled out the kursed lynch right then and there when laundry was gunning for JD. but there's also the fact that maven was pushing his roleblocker, which is a scary risk for him to take. he would have had to have no-killed until mylo (which would have been 2 days) in order to avoid the tracker if his roleblocker died on d2. it's a pretty ****ty situation to be in. but why didn't orbo roleblock anyone after the JD lynch then? it's just very peculiar. i considered the possibility of the roleblocker simply being expendable from scum's PoV, which is why hypothetial scummaven would have pushed kursed at that juncture, but it seems unlikely.

giving town more time for mislynches is not immediately conducive to town's advantage. if town presses the wrong player, they may reveal a PR role in the process, etc. I admit though that it is not as beneficial to scum. but imagine if maven had secured the kursed lynch and no-killed until mylo. do you think he would actually be lynched before anyone else on mylo considering his hand in lynching kursed? definitely not.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
oh yeah, regardless of context, i will be voting tomorrow at 12:00 pm. if anyone has anything more to add before then, then do so.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm back and have re-thought.

At this point, I can understand Rosalina's points and comprehend where she's coming from. I cannot do the same with Bardull's push on me. They have a slight internal logic but I cannot understand how he could view those events as being the most likely, enough to entirely focus on it.

But he did have a good point, which was intent. Honestly that was the best point Bardull had. In the end, it would be way riskier for him to be pushing me over Rosalina at this point as scum, unless he had some personal grudge against me, but even then there would be no reason to want to lynch me instead of trick me into losing. I was basing my points largely on the top paragraph, because honestly I do not understand how Bardull thought me scummy enough to do his whole push on me, this one or the last one. Now he's saying he was testing me, which is something that I guess could make sense, though I'd ask him to re-read his posts with the understanding of someone who has no idea what you're doing and then tell me what they look like, because they look really out of place.

I did notice Rosalina's flop back to my position once I posted. If it was going to be Bardull, then the only thing he's done scummy was his push on me. If it's Rosalina, then what she's done that was scummy was basically the entire game, being in the shadows and voting along with the pushes. Nothing has really outed her, nothing has really cleared him. That alone, along with the line before, makes her pretty scummy at lylo.

If Bardull is scum then he's done a really weird, crazy strat that I can't comprehend, but now I doubt it. I'm thinking it's more likely he had some weird thought about me. I don't get it, but I can't let that overshadow the rest of the game.

I'm confident enough now to make a call. Also there's not really enough time left and I doubt there'd be anything left that could come up.

Vote: RosalinaSGS

@ BarDulL BarDulL Let me know if I made the right choice now

Top Bottom