• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

Kantrip

Kantplay
Falchion

• Owain – Myrmidon – FML
Steel Swords

Steel Swords
Specifically starts with the Killing Edge, a powerful sword

Staffs (doesn't actually start with any weapons)
Probably some sort of protective ability

Steel Lances

• Cynthia – Pegasus Knight – Sokr
Steel Lances

• Severa – Mercenary – Ryker
Steel Swords

• Gerome – Wyvern Rider – Ranmaru
Steel Axes

• Morgan – Tactician – Sample Role PM
Sample PM. Tomes and Steel Swords.

• Yarne – Taguel – Zen
Stones (starts with Beast Stone)
Even Rhythm

Tomes (starts with Elwind, a tome)

• Noire – Archer – Raziek
Bows (starts with Steel Bow)

• Nah – Manakete – Xastrn
Stones (starts with Dragon Stone)
Odd Rhythm

Weapons confirmed to be in the game:
Tomes – Laurent
Steel Swords – Inigo, Owain, Severa
Steel Lances – Cynthia, Kjelle,
Stones – Nah, Yarne
Falchion – Lucina

Not sure – Noire, Gerome (probably Steel Bows and Steel Axes, respectively)

Possible Scum:

Validar – Sorcerer
Leader of the Grimleal cult
Uses Tomes (starts with Grima's Truth, a tome)

Aversa – Dark Flier
Brainwashed member of Grimleal cult
Uses Tomes and Lances (starts with some type of tome, she has various starting options for tomes)

Chalard – Dark Mage
Tomes

Nelson – Sage
Tomes and Staffs

Ardri – Sorcerer
Tomes

Algol – Berserker
Axes
Here's my page of setup speculation, all from info I found from the wiki having never played a Fire Emblem game.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No they don't. Town has two weapons. Kantrip could theoretically acquire Bolganone for a third, but they can't attack 4 times. Game's over.

@Soup: I agree that town losing after 2 Nights is not great. I'll highlight the fact that all of town's safeguards (you, Raz and Kary) were killed before any of you even got to attack.

The set-up is pretty swingy. Had town killed either Zen or FML on D2 rather than DM, things could have gone VERY differently. Momentum would have completely swung in town's favor.
This makes me feel lame for not shooting FML D2. To be honest I thought that town wouldn't run out of weapons provided they traded between themselves. Don't know enough without seeing the whole thing though.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a really cool idea.

There are several things I would do differently if I were to run something like this again, but I'll don't feel like getting really deeply into it right now. Two things I'll say for now:

1. Would make specific note that quoting chat logs is not allowed, and probably wouldn't allow the quoting of private communication from Pairs Ups either (paraphrasing would be fine).
Sounds good.

2. Scum couldn't attack during the Day. In the original setup, this was made abundantly clear in the OP. Marshy suggested leaving it ambiguous instead. In light of the way the game played out, not sure that was best. Part of me still likes that idea that players who Daykill get cleared, but (in most cases) lose their weapon. Would love to hear thoughts on that.
I thought that this must be the case when scum killed two people at night. On the other hand, I didn't have enough confidence in that idea to rely on it.

Scum played well. Certain townies played well in certain scenarios, but ultimately made bad decisions. Will dig into this more when I'm feeling up to it.
I would really appreciate feedback if you have any. <3

Considering givine MVP to Zen. He played well while taking some serious risks that really paid off.
Zen definitely played well when it mattered. I do feel that a lot of his play was scummy, but stuff like his claim and his push on soup is very much to his credit.

Kantrip

Kantplay
My character uses Tomes I was so set up to kill someone from the scumteam and take their weapon and then kill another one and ugggghhhhhhh

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What I'm taking away from this game is not to listen to the majority.

I hope Xastrn has learned a humbling and valuable lesson on trying to meta the mod and speculate pointless crap.
Just listen to me, duh. :awesome: :rolleyes:

Rule of thumb, though, a slot that everyone wants dead is a mislynch nine times out of ten. The other 10% it's a bus.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Just listen to me, duh. :awesome: :rolleyes:

Rule of thumb, though, a slot that everyone wants dead is a mislynch nine times out of ten. The other 10% it's a bus.
And I was liking Rajam, too! No joke, when I made my attack post I cycled through Attack: Zen, Attack: Kary, Attack: FML, and Attack: Death Mountain before sending in the last one. :(

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I want Zen to know I was incredibly close to shooting him. Like, I had a post with the bolded command to shoot him as soon as Kary separated, then faltered and told Sokr to quickshoot him instead if Ran flipped town. I was mostly scared of the chance of being wrong and having town jumping on me for making an individual decision.

I also came incredibly close to shooting FML. Fuuuuuuuuuck this game
I wouldn't have shot Ran in your situation, but I didn't come out swinging in his defence because I felt like his flip told us a lot and cleared up a lot of reads. Sucks that that didn't play out.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
And I was liking Rajam, too! No joke, when I made my attack post I cycled through Attack: Zen, Attack: Kary, Attack: FML, and Attack: Death Mountain before sending in the last one. :(
Mostly I am glad you didn't shoot me. I mean, I'm irritated you thought I was scum in the first place, but w/e.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mostly I am glad you didn't shoot me. I mean, I'm irritated you thought I was scum in the first place, but w/e.
That was probably my consistently worst read this game, I'll admit that. I thought you and soup was TvT right off the bat and then I don't know where that went.

I'm not super unhappy with my reads other than that. Just my decision-making

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That was probably my consistently worst read this game, I'll admit that. I thought you and soup was TvT right off the bat and then I don't know where that went.

I'm not super unhappy with my reads other than that. Just my decision-making
I don't know how I did this game. I don't think I did that badly, but I was way out of my comfort zone from the moment D1 ended.

My reads didn't really settle D2, and I had doubts about both you and FML basically because you were pushing me :/

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Were there any other lances in this game? Or was I about as vanilla as you can get in this setup?

Also, thanks for hosting Circus. It was a really interesting game to play.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Were there any other lances in this game? Or was I about as vanilla as you can get in this setup?

Also, thanks for hosting Circus. It was a really interesting game to play.
Red Ryu.

Speaking of Red Ryu, couldn't he or Sokr have killed one of the scum with a Tome and then traded that Tome to me? I don't get how town didn't have enough weapons left

EDIT: Let's say Sokr insta-shot Zen. He knew from our private convos that I use tomes AND he trusted me. He would have given me Zen's tome

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Red Ryu.

Speaking of Red Ryu, couldn't he or Sokr have killed one of the scum with a Tome and then traded that Tome to me? I don't get how town didn't have enough weapons left

EDIT: Let's say Sokr insta-shot Zen. He knew from our private convos that I use tomes AND he trusted me. He would have given me Zen's tome
I think it's because dabuz is BP.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I miss read Dabuz.

FML I was conflicted.

I take blame for Ran shot, but damn it when I Quick shot Soup he gave a defiant red flag in BiM, you guys shot him off rage here and never tried to read him off it. Key difference in situation.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That I would consider quoting the mod via pictures, I consider time stamps part of this.

Solo players can't bounce ideas or thoughts off another player so it's harder for them to use this to clear themselves because you're in the end still reading a persons intent. I'm ok with people posting notes, because that still maintains a player could be either alignment and you gotta read from it. A Chat log from a hydra is much different even more so when you essentially have an unofficial time stamp from the mod on you're role PM from the chat you posted since you removed it in the middle of a bunch of time stamps.There is a major difference with chat logs with a hydra and notes, with a hydra you're adding another element a solo player can't do which is bounce ideas off someone who is the same alignment as one slot. No solo player has that power in any way shape or form outside of a PR, you have something that when presented like how you did, pretty much got you're alignment out there by talking back and forth with you're role like you did in your hydra along with how it benefits town.

A Hydra is two people, you're reading not one but two people acting as one person.If you are revealed scum after this, I will say kudos for faking a two hour conversation between you two.

I may have demonized you, and I apologize for that. But this is something touchy I still get mad over ever since Bingo mafia where a 3 man hydra quoted a QT with them posting back and forth with each other and basically cleared their slots with constant chat logs.

I don't like it ever since that game, because it further shows why Hydras will always > solo players when used well.

Either way, this is distracting and I will keep this for end game. Let's drop it for now and get to other matters.

Ranmaru for one, someone players you consider town really don't like either.

I do not want F
I still stand by still on quoting Hydra logs, there is a very key difference from quoting one person's notes and a chat log.

there is a very huge difference from a person talking with another in a hydra and a single person talking to themselves.

Circus, this should have been a modkill. Hydra's can break a game and confirm their intentions by posting to another person within their own hydra, same **** happened in Bingo mafia, 3 man hydra quoted chat logs and got cleared as a result. I don't get at all why this crap is allowed. Any decent mafia player can see the intentions within a hydra, you can't fake this **** without being a 5 star writer, I instantly went from scum read to town read off this single chat log. That is very damn telling and I'm absolute garbage at mafia.

It's not fair to single players who can''t do this either, a hydra can use these tactics to manipulate or change the game, solo players cannot. That breaks the game in fair play. I don't care what alignment the hydra is, the fact a solo player cannot do this is enough for me to say this should not be allowed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
All Role PMs. Hopefully this clears a few things up:

Town

LUCINA
Class: Lord
Skill: Dual Strike
Usable Weapons: Swords
Starting Weapon: Falchion (Sword)

You are Lucina, daughter of Chrom. You have inherited the throne of Ylisse, as well as a world ravaged by Grima. You bare the divine blade Falchion, the only remaining memento of your father and one of the keys to sealing Grima away. Courageous and ambitious, you are determined to succeed where he failed—to find a way to thwart Grima’s followers and slay the Fell Dragon once and for all.

Dual Strike
If Paired Up with a player capable of Attacking, any Attack made by either you or the unit with whom you are paired will be followed by a second attack from the other unit, should the target not fall in a single strike. Weapons inherited from kills go to the Active Unit.

Falchion
Falchion is unbreakable. While the handle has been broken and reforged multiple times over the centuries, the blade itself is immune to the ravages of time and will never rust or dull. It is only usable by Lords.

You are aligned with the Town and win when all followers of Grima have been eliminated.

CYNTHIA
Class: Pegasus Knight
Skill: None
Usable Weapons: Lances
Starting Weapon: Steel Lance (Lance)

You are Cynthia, daughter of Sumia. Buoyant and enthusiastic even in the face of danger, you’re often the closest thing to a ray of sunshine in a world blanketed by darkness. Like your mother, you’re a bit clumsy and may not be what most people think of when it comes to heroes, but your unshakable confidence and eagerness to grow are what true warriors are made of.

You are aligned with the Town and win when all followers of Grima have been eliminated.

NOIRE
Class: Archer
Usable Weapons: Bows
Starting Weapon: Steel Bow (Bow)

You are Noire, daughter of Tharja. While you’re generally quite meek and submissive, there is another, darker side to you that occasionally expresses itself thanks to a cursed talisman given to you by your mother. It’s unclear exactly what triggers the change in demeanor, but it appears that, in certain moments of heightened stress, your more aggressive nature will take over, rightfully frightening any and all who cross you.

KJELLE
Class: Knight
Skill: Defense +2
Usable Weapons: Lances
Starting Weapon: Steel Lance (Lance)

You are Kjelle, daughter of Sully. Imbued with your mother’s hatred of gender stereotypes in addition to her love of sparring, you’re known to be a bit blunt with people. However, you’re very protective of people weaker than yourself and are always eager to grow stronger so that you’re better prepared to act when you’re needed.

Defense +2
Being suited in armor so bulky makes movement difficult, but the extra protection makes you harder to kill. Two strikes (or one uncommonly powerful strike) are required to eliminate you.

GEROME
Class: Wyvern Rider
Usable Weapons: Axes
Starting Weapon: Steel Axe (Axe)

You are Gerome, son of Cherche. You’re a shy, stoic boy who tries to conceal his fears and feelings behind a mask. With the world in shambles, you’re not at all interested in bonding with other people, preferring to focus all of your attention on fighting the Grimleal. Instead, your one friend is a wyvern named Minerva, the very same wyvern your mother rode, and a reminder of the pain that comes from losing someone you love.

SEVERA
Class: Mercenary
Skill: Armsthrift
Starting Weapon: Steel Sword (Sword)

You are Severa, daughter of Cordelia. Your harsh personality belies an inner vulnerability that most other people don’t get to see. Your mother was a perfectionist who excelled at most things she tried, and that reputation has cast a long shadow from which you struggle to escape. You became a Mercenary in an attempt to distance yourself from her shining (and intimidating) legacy.

Armsthrift
Being a Mercenary has taught you how to maximize the longevity of a weapon. Weapons you wield will only break if used two Day phases in a row.

INIGO
Class: Mercenary
Skill: Armsthrift
Starting Weapon: Killing Edge (Sword)

You are Inigo, son of Olivia. Unlike your rather shy, withdrawn mother, you are quite outgoing and sociable. However, ironically, you suffer from even worse stage fright than she did, despite sharing her love of dance. You’re known to flirt with just about every woman you see, though that doesn’t mean you’re immune to having your heart well and truly stolen by the right girl.

Armsthrift
Being a Mercenary has taught you how to maximize the longevity of a weapon. Weapons you wield will only break if used two Day phases in a row.

Killing Edge
Each strike with this blade is a critical hit, ensuring that each swing results in a kill.

NAH
Class: Manakete
Skill: Odd Rhythm
Usable Weapons: Dragonstones
Starting Weapon: Dragonstone

You are Nah, daughter of Nowi. You’re rather self-conscious and reflective, in stark contrast to your much more enthusiastic and impulsive mother. Whether this is a natural response to her more childish nature, or a way of overcoming the potential prejudices you face as a Manakete-Human hybrid, or simply a product of the dark times in which you live is unclear. But one thing is certain: you highly value the lives of those around you, regardless of species, and will defend them in defiance of unfathomable odds.

Odd Rhythm
You are only able to successfully Attack during odd Day phases (D1, D3, etc.). If you attempt to Attack on an even Day phase, you will fail and the Day will end. Your weapon will not break in this scenario.

LAURENT
Class: Mage
Usable Weapons: Tomes
Starting Weapon: Elwind (Tome)

You are Laurent, son of Miriel. Like your mother, you have a voracious curiosity about the world around you, though you have a more gifted imagination than she. Arguably the most mature member of the group, you have a very low tolerance for the childish behavior that some of your friends occasionally exhibit.

Mafia

VALIDAR
Class: Sorcerer
Skill: Dragonskin
Usable Weapons: Tomes and Dark Magic Tomes
Starting Weapon: Grima’s Truth (Dark Magic Tome)

You are Validar. You are leader of the Grimleal, a religious sect slavishly devoted to Grima. You have done everything in your power to resurrect the Fell Dragon, despite your awareness that doing so almost assuredly means the destruction of the entire world. You have strong faith in predetermined events and often react to unforeseen wrinkles in your plans with confusion or outright disbelief.

Dragonskin
Like the creature you worship, you are made from stronger stuff than ordinary, human flesh. Two strikes (or one uncommonly powerful strike) are required to eliminate you.

Grima’s Truth
Grima’s Truth has an infinite number of uses and will not break for any reason.

You are aligned with the Mafia and you win when your faction achieves a mathematical parity with the town such that the logical result of the game's procession would be an elimination of the town. You are partnered with Zen/Vanderzant and Anomandaris_Rake and may communicate with them at any time during the game in this conversation.

As a member of the Mafia, you cannot “Attack” during the Day phase.

AVERSA
Class: Dark Flier
Skills: Shadowgift and Galeforce
Usable Weapons: Lances, Tomes and Dark Magic Tomes
Starting Weapons: Goetia (Dark Magic Tome) and Bolganone (Tome)

You are Aversa. You are a cruel, manipulative woman, often found behind the scenes, pulling the strings of the Risen who fight in Grima’s name. You are extremely loyal to those you serve, especially Validar, for whom you have developed a fierce (if unsettling and ill-begotten) affection.

Shadowgift
In addition to the Lances and Tomes that any traditional Dark Flier can use, you have the ability to employ Dark Magic Tomes, such as Goetia, Nosferatu, Ruin and Grima’s Truth.

Galeforce
If you successfully kill a target during the Night phase, you may execute another action (either Trade or a second kill if you still have a usable weapon) before the next Day phase begins. This skill can only be used once during the game. To keep the game moving at a reasonable pace, if you know you intend to use this ability on any given Night, then you must submit your first and second Night actions to me in a single message (be sure to distinguish which action you want to apply first and second). If the Night resolves in such a way that it prevents Galeforce from working, then the second action will not go through and you will retain access to the Galeforce ability for future Nights. If you submit a message with only one Night action on it, I will assume that you do not intend to use this ability on that Night, regardless of how the Night resolves.

You are aligned with the Mafia and you win when your faction achieves a mathematical parity with the town such that the logical result of the game's procession would be an elimination of the town. You are partnered with dabuz and Anomandaris_Rake and may communicate with them at any time during the game in this conversation.

GANGREL
Class: Trickster
Usable Weapons: Swords and Staves
Starting Weapon: Levin Sword (Sword)

You are Gangrel. You were once a thief in the slums of Plegia before rising to power as the Mad King—a fitting title given your tendency toward mood swings and complete disregard for the safety of others. Though royalty is no longer such notable status now that Grima has been resurrected, you still play a key part within the Grimleal.

You are aligned with the Mafia and you win when your faction achieves a mathematical parity with the town such that the logical result of the game's procession would be an elimination of the town. You are partnered with dabuz and Zen/Vanderzant and may communicate with them at any time during the game in this conversation.

Mafia Safe Claims

Safeclaims:

[COLLAPSE="Brady"]

BRADY
Class: Priest
Skill: Miracle
Usable Weapons: Staves
Starting Weapon: Mend (Staff)

You are Brady, son of Maribelle. You are a crude, mannerless young man, much to the chagrin of your prim and proper mother. However, you have been classically trained in the fine arts and are especially adept at playing the violin, despite your distaste for noble activities and posturing. You greatly wish to join your comrades in the fray of battle, but your talents are more suited for healing than hurting.

Miracle
Your holy power allows you to survive some otherwise fatal attacks. Two strikes are required to eliminate you.

Mend
During the Day phase, you may imbue one living player with the ability to survive one normal attack. This effect will last until the targeted player is attacked. Like all other weapon actions, the use of this ability ends the Day phase. This ability cannot be used on yourself. You may find it more comfortable to use the command "Mend" rather than "Attack" in order to use this ability. Either word will be recognized as being legitimate initiations of the action.

[COLLAPSE="Owain"]

OWAIN
Class: Myrmidon
Skill: Vantage
Starting Weapon: Steel Sword (Sword)

You are Owain, son of Lissa. Described by your cousin Lucina as “colorful,” you are known for your theatrical manner of speaking and penchant for nicknaming weapons. You have a very romantic perception of heroism, which incites a thirst for battle as well as storytelling. As overly dramatic as you may be, you’re reliable in a fight and entertaining (if sometimes annoying) in a conversation.

Vantage
If you are attacked during the Day or Night phase while holding a usable weapon, you will strike your attacker first.

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Yarne"]

YARNE
Class: Taguel
Skill: Even Rhythm
Usable Weapons: Beaststones
Starting Weapon: Beaststone

You are Yarne, son of Panne. As the last living Taguel, it has become your top priority to avoid conflict so as to keep your lineage alive. While your mother seized every opportunity to prove the might of her species in battle, you usually use your heritage as reason to run away from any sign of danger. What a ‘fraidy bunny.

Even Rhythm
You are only able to successfully Attack during even Day phases (D2, D4, etc.). If you attempt to Attack on an odd Day phase, you will fail and the Day will end. Your weapon will not break in this scenario.

[/COLLAPSE]

Please note that these are merely suggested safeclaims. They are designed in such a way as to be sure that they do not conflict with the rules set up by this game, nor other role PMs. You are allowed and encouraged to modify them as you see fit, or simply ignore them and create your own if you so choose.
[/collapse]

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm /in dat Weegee's Mansion.

And dat KvK, technically.

Too much. Wait 'til I've lost some of my muchness.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Regarding the elephant in the room:

Here's the thing about the whole chatlog debacle: I hated it just as much as everyone else did. In fact, I was very close to modkilling Xastrn's slot. I do feel that it had a far too significant impact on the game (though FML still managed to survive, so apparently it didn't break the game like I thought it was going to), and that's really unfortunate.

The thing is, I didn't include any explicit rules against it. Since I didn't build the game with hydras specifically in mind (and because, even with my own experience with hydras, I've never used real time chat logs), I didn't think about ways hydras could abuse the mechanics of this game. What could I actually modkill Xastrn for? A rule was not broken. Sure, it's ****ty to have to deal with outside stimuli mucking up the innards of the game, but it's also ****ty to modkill someone for doing something that was never deemed illegal.

Rock = chatlogs suck
Hard place = modkilling people sucks

Not to mention this game really doesn't allow for modkills very easily, structurally speaking, due to the weapon inheritance. If I had decided Xastrn needed to be modkilled, Falchion would have basically had to get vaporized or mysteriously lost forever or something. No one left alive could wield it anyway, but still. The game relies on deaths being the result of kills with clear killers.

So yeah, I wish the whole thing hadn't happened, and if you personally would have handled it differently, that's fine. I handled it the way that I felt was most fair for all parties given the circumstances. The best thing I think I can do is commit to being more prescient in the future.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu - played bad.

dabuz - You played me here, I was trying to figure out if how you were playing was a result of skill, school and other factors. I misread it here, this will not happen again, but you for a victory off it. You played your part well. I wanna ask how you went about trying to manipulate me, you did it very well and I wanna learn from it.

Side note, your Dragon Knight advice helped me ****s ton in Dota2, I've been winning a lot more in Dota2 with it.

Potassium - I was starting to see you are town,but I feel like you lacked to gain trust in town. This is a problem I have as well. Try and get people to listen and trust no matter what you do, not sure how. That is conflicting to myself as well, you can do it though. I thought you were town going into N2.

Xastrn - patience, I like to shoot on ham and welll but I learn when Ham is needed and when it is not. Soup shot was not needed. I feel like you gave up on trying to read him and said **** it. My past me would agree, and in turn I went there myself this game.

Also even though Zen was scum, I agree. You played mad scummy. You clears and tried to read people off mechanical things and backstab things you said minutes ago. Town or scum play in a way we can see why you would change direction.

Zen - You confuse me as scum, I don't know how to read you when you act this way. this is a new level for me, I need to learn from it.

Sokr - be more active if you can ad be decisive. You have great ways to read people and can bring valid ideas but you can't push it well to to other factors. IF you can increase your activity a tad.

Anomandaris_Rake FullMetalLynch - :mad:: u dair defy Death Bear! Nah you had this, this is revenge for that game you lost due to afk people.

soup - Stop raging, it seriously is why I read you as scum when you are town. It's hard to see alignment and if people don't give a **** they will gun you down without caring like they did here.

Raziek - Wait before quick shooting, you attempted a shot too early. Your reads were fantastic just **** happened.

Ryker - died too early, can't say much.

Death Mountain - You were right I was wrong, I'm sorry. I misread intentions majorly here and it screwed us over.something about how you worded yourself made me thing you were scum. But that is all on me, I take 110% fault on you dying.

Kary - I feel like not taking a firm stance i why this happened, but still you were taking a better way at getting reads. This hard I dunno what to say to improve. More so say less nulls and more town scum imo.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Will comment more on intricacies of set-up, trashed elements and individual player stuff later.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Posting a hydra log with the express intent of trying to clear yourself by doing so:
about as close to cheating as you can get without breaking a rule
goes against the point of playing mafia in the first place

/opinions

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I haven't looked at the setup very deep but I think the flavor and mechanics of FE have not been translated this well into a mafia game before.

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Regarding the elephant in the room:

Here's the thing about the whole chatlog debacle: I hated it just as much as everyone else did. In fact, I was very close to modkilling Xastrn's slot. I do feel that it had a far too significant impact on the game (though FML still managed to survive, so apparently it didn't break the game like I thought it was going to), and that's really unfortunate.
I respect the decision you made, and I would have respected your decision just as much if you had decided to modkill the slot.

It's a tough cookie and no-one wants to be put in that situation as a mod.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, join my game plz <_<

I'm considering it Gheb, and I would like to. But I have my own small to run coming up next, and I know that working on setting up and modding that is going to eat up a substantial amount of my time. I might sign up as a hydra or something, I don't know.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm considering it Gheb, and I would like to. But I have my own small to run coming up next, and I know that working on setting up and modding that is going to eat up a substantial amount of my time. I might sign up as a hydra or something, I don't know.

I'll help you run it if you join my game.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The one other thing I wanted to say w.r.t. Xastrn, is that logic doesn't matter when you can't make good judgements about things.

Making assumptions about the way the setup works, or the way that a player acts, and then acting as though you have reason on your side, is bull****.

You have to acknowledge that your opinion is one among many, and put forward why you think you're right, not just beat people over the head with your opinion dressed up like facts.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I haven't looked at the setup very deep but I think the flavor and mechanics of FE have not been translated this well into a mafia game before.

Been mulling over a simplified, open version of this set-up. Cut out most of the PRs (probably keep Town's Mercs), homogenize most of the weaponry, and just run it open with generic flavor. Will partially depend on feedback, I guess.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Loved this game. It had a good level of activity, and is the first time I played a BiM-esque game and the concept is really cool. I'm also mad at myself for defending FML at the end of D2 without deeply reading what happened; my bad for taking FML's word for it. Although, when I read somewhere FML was like confirmed scum, I started to advance my catchup trying to read FML as scum and I didn't find anything, so I kept my FML's town read. I think this game was more of a well-deserved scum victory rather than town losing the game.

Kary: Why were you so scummy all game ._. Welp, obviously I still need to improve my reads

Red Ryu: Our reads were a full 180°; that, and the impression I got you did nothing D1. I always read you as scum based on meta when you start to do nothing. I guess you weren't able to separate from dabuz D2 even if you wanted right? Also, for the record, the only reason I didn't shoot you by the end of D2 was for respect to Ranmaru, because I started to ask him if I could shoot you in our hydra chat and he wasn't that sold on you, neither on Kary. If I had been playing alone, have no doubt I would've taken the shot.

Ryker: --

Raziek: --

Xastrn: You'll get a lot of heat for your playstyle this game, and although I think some stuff is justified, I think some other things aren't. For example I don't care the mechanical approach, neither the pressure you put on inactives, and in some way, I think you did a good job on getting the game moving. My critique would go by the focus on some surface level analysis you did on some players, and your 100% rely on your guess on game design (clearing Zen). Try to be more adaptable, and read more intention behind what people is doing (or not doing) more than the content of posts themselves.

dabuz: So scummy lol... give thanks to the gods you were behind protection; both Ran and me were willing to shoot you all time when we were hydra'ing

Zen: Despite you were quite scummy to my taste, you did a great job in terms of game flow control and adaptation. Congrats for the victory

Potassium: I was getting a null-towards-scum read on you until I decided to make a stop and take a reread on you, which helped me to change the read. No mad because you shoot us, I think you played well this game.

soup: It's hard to judge whether your kill was justified or not when I read the whole D1 with the knowledge of you, Raziek and Ryker being confirmed town.

Sokr: A little too inactive; try to become more of a force in future games

FML: Man great job, you had me fooled the whole game. Congrats on the victory

Ranmaru: ugh, our reads were very good at the beginning, shame we died :( Was great hydra'ing with you, let me know if you want to bring the Death Mountain to a game again :)

Circus: Loved the mechanics. Would deffinitely play again. Thanks for hosting!

Also, imo: MVP: FML

Top Bottom