• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem 7 Mafia Poisoned Mutton Edition - Mafia Wins.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Indeed, despite unis screw up we were lucky, there was no planning for spak for us and he came out as a blindside. Him getting hostkilled was nothing short of pure luck, Hell we were quite lucky completely.
Gotta agree with Kon here, the only thing that was really within our control or a result of our messing around was me getting janitor'd.

Though in all fairness, that kinda worked because it really made things that much more confusing and even made y'all scared of a LyLo situation.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Town Roles
Red Ryu, you are Eliwood, Vanilla Townie. While you do not have any special abilities unique to your role, you do have the power to vote, and communicate with the other players during the day. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town. Hey, you’re one of the main characters that’s neat, don’t expect anything special because of that though.

Opossum, you are Fiora, Vanilla Townie. While you do not have any special abilities unique to your role, you do have the power to vote, and communicate with the other players during the day. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town.

Pokechu, you are Matthew, Vanilla Townie. While you do not have any special abilities unique to your role, you do have the power to vote, and communicate with the other players during the day. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town.

Shishoe, you are Louise, Vanilla Townie. While you do not have any special abilities unique to your role, you do have the power to vote, and communicate with the other players during the day. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town.

Jojalole, you are Kent, Town Neighbor. You can communicate at Night with your fellow neighbor, X. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town.

Bardull, you are Sain, Town Neighbor. You can communicate at Night with your fellow neighbor, X. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town.

Ura, you are Lyndis, Vanilla Townie. While you do not have any special abilities unique to your role, you do have the power to vote, and communicate with the other players during the day. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town.

ShadowTheHedgehog, you are Pent, Vengeful Townie. If you are lynched you will have the ability to take someone down with you of your choosing. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town.

Maven89/ShinyLegendary, you are Wallace, Town Jailer. You have a jail cell that you can put whoever you choose in during the night phase. Jailing someone makes any of their night actions not work, but also makes them unable to be targeted by others. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town.

Send action by using Jail: (Player)

Spak, you are Merlinus, Town Inventor. You have a set of inventions you can give out for others to use to use during the course of the game. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town. All 1x uses. Cop, Doc, Flavor/lie detector

You can give your items to other players by using Give (Item) to (Player) in Bold.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Literally this. These guys didn't even have to show their face in here to win this game. All they had to do was pop up once or twice in the phase and give generic reads before taking off.

This is why 72hr games suck. And the fact that there was no night chats was really annoying and limited my ability to make connections and draw links other than indicators I thought would link to Mafia.

I had Ryu/Chu marked as scum only for it to blow up in my face.
Actually, if pokechu was lynched, following the pattern the town had at the time would of led to moydow and myself gettign lynched next.

Basically as bardul literally said at one moment it would of been game over for us. So we had to push for a different person to be lynch to solidfy our victory.
You disappeared for the entirety of Day 2 though, and that's really unfair imo :/

I wasn't even calling others scum because they were calling me it, I was calling them scum because I could create a real read on them when they have more than ten posts to go off of. Inactivity and hostkills hurt the town more than anything else.
I was actually ligitamly busy and believed the site was down for one of those 24 hours.

Very true. But the aggression both sides pulled blinded the town from what the obvious thing should of been, focus on those not participating.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, we have only ourselves to blame for not going for the inactives sooner. Thought the Shadow hostkill really hurt our chances, yeah.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Of course I had the role Mafia knew about :p
And with that, and the knowledge of the vengeful we were actually able to pinpoint the vengeful townie as well. Through flavor ironically.

Add in the fact we were going to kill maven's slot anyway, we had all but spaks power role found out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uni, Pokechu, Lone.

Pokechu, Lone, Red Ryu. Last one was a toss up between Red and Moydow, but I don't have enough of a feel for Moydow's playstyle yet to get a good read.
I mean I was kinda close with my read at least? Biggest mistake was my insistence at Chu was scum.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Dull was spot on at some point, iirc.

Was pretty spooky.
Indeed, it had me the most worried that i couldn't let pokechu flip been seen and did my best to throw as many wrenches as possible to suspect foul play elsewhere.

Lucky for me, shishoe and opossum were quite keen and stubborn on their vote on pokechu and refusal to defend it made bardul grow doubt that was enough to influence him to lynch someone else.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Hey, Chu.

How does it feel to know you read the whole mafia team as town? :troll:
I can't blame myself, when they never showed up it was inevitable that I would misread them. Especially when I had half the town going at my throat for reasons who knows why.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I can't blame myself, when they never showed up it was inevitable that I would misread them. Especially when I had half the town going at my throat for reasons who knows why.
To be honest i have no idea why. Apologies for using you as it was in name of the game, but your behavior as i earnestly told bardul is completely in line to your appearances in the past. I chalk it up to your personality and as people who should know you longer i have no idea why i'm the only person who thought that at all.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
To be honest i have no idea why. Apologies for using you as it was in name of the game, but your behavior as i earnestly told bardul is completely in line to your appearances in the past. I chalk it up to your personality and as people who should know you longer i have no idea why i'm the only person who thought that at all.
Oh yeah, you don't have to apologize!!! It's not your fault, I'm only salty right now because this was an 180 plot twist with the mafia LOL

But I really don't know why they pushed me so hard, I wasn't even reading Ryu scum until he pushed that one post from me throughout all of D1 and D2, after that I was like OK this is sketch... LOL

And Shish and Opo were saying I wasn't doing "Pokechu stuff"??? I was genuinely lost with that LOL

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Oh yeah, you don't have to apologize!!! It's not your fault, I'm only salty right now because this was an 180 plot twist with the mafia LOL

But I really don't know why they pushed me so hard, I wasn't even reading Ryu scum until he pushed that one post from me throughout all of D1 and D2, after that I was like OK this is sketch... LOL

And Shish and Opo were saying I wasn't doing "Pokechu stuff"??? I was genuinely lost with that LOL
Can only chalk it up to a shame.

If you need an ear or something to remove your feelings of displeasure i'll be happy to help.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Can only chalk it up to a shame.

If you need an ear or something to remove your feelings of displeasure i'll be happy to help.
Ayyyyy, thanks! This game took a LOT of energy so I might take that offer up :laugh:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So if people wondered why I listed those two as likely scum this is why. People need to be less of a brickwall and think because someone voted them they must be scum.

I made mistakes but i’ll learn from it.

BarDulL BarDulL :( I sad you voted me, but I get why.

Literally this. These guys didn't even have to show their face in here to win this game. All they had to do was pop up once or twice in the phase and give generic reads before taking off.

This is why 72hr games suck. And the fact that there was no night chats was really annoying and limited my ability to make connections and draw links other than indicators I thought would link to Mafia.

I had Ryu/Chu marked as scum only for it to blow up in my face.
It’s easier to Lurk in games with short deadlines

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You were too afraid to commit to anyone or push anything. You always sat and waited for others to vote before pushing what you wanted what looked like you being afraid of your own self image.

That’s scummy play.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I was following this one right up until you host killed Shadow.

So.

I'll say my peace and then scram.

You host killed Spak, a powerful town role, for what seems to be a host error, not even anything he did. And you left Ura alive, rendering the lynch moot.

But then when you host killed Shadow, you allowed Uni to still be the lynch and still be allowed to use his janitor thing to essentially absolve himself in most people's eyes.

Inconsistent hosting is my biggest pet peeve, so I'd like to know the thought process behind this, if you don't mind.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I was following this one right up until you host killed Shadow.

So.

I'll say my peace and then scram.

You host killed Spak, a powerful town role, for what seems to be a host error, not even anything he did. And you left Ura alive, rendering the lynch moot.

But then when you host killed Shadow, you allowed Uni to still be the lynch and still be allowed to use his janitor thing to essentially absolve himself in most people's eyes.

Inconsistent hosting is my biggest pet peeve, so I'd like to know the thought process behind this, if you don't mind.
The Spak situation was a miscommunication of the role, as well as errors on my part for following requests I shouldn't have. (It was early and my mind was flustered by game's fast pace during the deadline along with IRL stuff getting in the way) I spoke with my cohost, Nabe, and spectators about the error and came to the conclusion that Spak unfortunately had to be removed from the game. This was a situation I didn't expect or plan for. That is why we also decided the lynch should be overridden in this rare circumstance.

However, with the Shadow situation, in the rules I made mention of how I would deal with inactive slots, being either replaced or modkill at the end of the phase. Given I did not find a replacement for Shadow's slot, I went by my word and removed him from the game. As this was a normal and moreso expected situation, the lynch was not overidden. Given the Janitor ability was a tool to be used by mafia, I saw no reason why to prevent them from using their ability to hide Uni's lynch results despite an additional slot removed from the game. I also felt that the players deserved to have the effort they put in during the 2nd day phase delivered. It would've been real disappointing for the players if due to my error and an inactive slot to have no control over the events of the game.

This is also the 2nd game I hosted, with the first being around 3 years ago, in a much smaller, even more basic setup.
I really wish I was more level headed during the first day, but everyone makes mistakes now and again, so I just rolled with the punches so to speak.
I hope you all can forgive my errors in game, knowing that I've learned a lot from this game overall, and striving to make the next game better.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So if people wondered why I listed those two as likely scum this is why. People need to be less of a brickwall and think because someone voted them they must be scum.

I made mistakes but i’ll learn from it.

BarDulL BarDulL :( I sad you voted me, but I get why.

It’s easier to Lurk in games with short deadlines
:(:(:(:(

I’m sorry my dude. I’ll explain it more later.

Maven89

Smash Master
my Thoughts

“Well I’m important but won’t be able to devote the time I need, I better replace for the good of the town”

“Hey my replacement is Shiny, hope he can handle the Jailor role”

:c:c:c:c:c

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
my Thoughts

“Well I’m important but won’t be able to devote the time I need, I better replace for the good of the town”

“Hey my replacement is Shiny, hope he can handle the Jailor role”

:c:c:c:c:c
That was the funniest thing of this game, honestly.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ok I have time. Quick thoughts:

Game Gripes:

1. Scum faking reactions to janitor flip, specifically Uni. Normally it would not be allowed but are we ok with allowing this sort of thing in the future? He's supposed to be dead at that point and not talk, but he did and it affected Pokechu's read of the slot.

2. Removing Spak sucked but I can see why it happened. Unfortunate. Could there have been some balancing attributed to the Mafia in order to compensate for this as well as for the host-kill of Shadow? Maybe there's an argument for downgrading the mafia abilities when LyLo/MyLo is pushed closer from host-kills/removals.

Personal notes on players:

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn - you didn't do much so I can't say a whole lot. You placed your vote on Ura "for pressure" then disappeared lol. Scummeh.

LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf - did you fake your reaction to the Unikorn lynch when you said it was a joke, or did you really just not know? @Natz tell me lol

Moydow Moydow - you played totally fine as scum my dude, very nice first game here with us.

@Shishœ Opossum Opossum - the gambit was fine but rushing for a quick and fast lynch on Pokechu in potentially MyLo is REALLY scummy, dudes. You ended up doing it on D4 on actual MyLo and got the Town killed instead of having a discussion with everyone, so I hope you learned your lesson on this. If you had been more willing to converse and talk about who Pokechu's mates could be etc. on D3, that may not have happened. Never rush for a lynch in a situation where it could be MyLo/LyLo, it makes you look super scummy because you have no regard for any other possible scum teams, and the possibility of RR/Shish/Opo crawled up my spine as a result towards the end.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - I'm super sorry my dude. I knew in my soul you were Town but your knee-jerk defense of Shish and Shish/Opo's unwillingness to have standard discourse, alongside their rush to lynch Pokechu in what was potentially MyLo, turned my view of them sour. Your play was otherwise perfectly fine.

Pokechu Pokechu - no more voting for yourself in potentially MyLo bro, also be more wary of inactive slots that you're reading as Town.

ShadowTheHedgehogZ ShadowTheHedgehogZ - you suck

Ura Ura - your D1 play was sus to me, sorry man. Luckily you got confirmed in the end.

Spak Spak - RIP. I think you played fine, unfortunately your role got removed. :(

@ShinyLegendary - no more claiming your role on D1 if you are an important role (don't even claim if you are an unimportant role!)

Jojalole Jojalole - you played perfectly fine, good stuff my dude.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Agreed, we should go back to 120hr phases. The longer the phase, the less excuse anyone has for not posting in said phase.
considering the biggest problem a lotta of us nzers had, no that would do the exact opposite for us :V

maybe it works for ya guys but for us nzers the less time we got the more it encourages us to act and makes the inactives better notice of weeding out to deal with

LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf - did you fake your reaction to the Unikorn lynch when you said it was a joke, or did you really just not know? @Natz tell me lol
eh? tell ya wat?
lol that killed me

D

Deleted member

the gambit was fine but rushing for a quick and fast lynch on Pokechu in potentially MyLo is REALLY scummy, dudes. You ended up doing it on D4 on actual MyLo and got the Town killed instead of having a discussion with everyone, so I hope you learned your lesson on this. If you had been more willing to converse and talk about who Pokechu's mates could be etc. on D3, that may not have happened. Never rush for a lynch in a situation where it could be MyLo/LyLo, it makes you look super scummy because you have no regard for any other possible scum teams, and the possibility of RR/Shish/Opo crawled up my spine as a result towards the end.
Tbh, at that point I don't think Chu could have convinced me otherwise but yeah, I'll admit I have a lot to work on.
Main thing I learned though? Never second guess myself. Had I pushed Uni until the end on Day 1, we might have had a living Spak.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Tbh, at that point I don't think Chu could have convinced me otherwise but yeah, I'll admit I have a lot to work on.
Main thing I learned though? Never second guess myself. Had I pushed Uni until the end on Day 1, we might have had a living Spak.
I think double checking yourself is fine, obviously it’s dumb for me to say this because I literally had the game solved and then went back on it like a huge goose, but tunneling a slot may not always lead to the correct results. What’s important is that we try to analyze the narrative. EX: I was killed instead of Town confirmed Ura, IMO Pokechu scum would have killed you/Opo/Ura before me on N3 going into D4. This is WIFOM to a degree so you’d have to make a distinction on what makes more sense for the kill.

considering the biggest problem a lotta of us nzers had, no that would do the exact opposite for us :V

maybe it works for ya guys but for us nzers the less time we got the more it encourages us to act and makes the inactives better notice of weeding out to deal with

eh? tell ya wat?

lol that killed me
I was referring to when LoneKon “thought” that the janitor Uni flip was some kind of “joke”.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Scum faking reactions to janitor flip, specifically Uni. Normally it would not be allowed but are we ok with allowing this sort of thing in the future? He's supposed to be dead at that point and not talk, but he did and it affected Pokechu's read of the slot.
Yeah, let's please not post things like that after death in the future. It's not in the spirit of the game.

Maybe there's an argument for downgrading the mafia abilities when LyLo/MyLo is pushed closer from host-kills/removals.
I think this is worth talking about and trying out in the future.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
From mafia PM discussion by Kon:

Bardul trying to entertain the idea my two posts are faked. When in reality they are both truth.

With the site crashing tuesday and refusing to load for me i legitimately thought the site was down and surprised things happened in all that trouble. And the latter i legitimately only heard and thought initially that janitors even yours only cleaned night kills. And still am rather perplexed at that the role exists.

Truth is stranger than fiction.
"Masterfully unaware" takes the cake. Oh my goodness. It is what it is LOL!

Good learning game for me, I feel like I really leveled up a lot after I forced myself to read the game multiple times. That chart I made really helped me visualize all the possible relationships too. I realize the chart is in sort of a grey area (can be edited without editing my post since it was a google doc), so perhaps next time I'll just take a picture and upload it as an image file through imgur if I ever decide to upload a chart again.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
@Shishœ Opossum Opossum - the gambit was fine but rushing for a quick and fast lynch on Pokechu in potentially MyLo is REALLY scummy, dudes. You ended up doing it on D4 on actual MyLo and got the Town killed instead of having a discussion with everyone, so I hope you learned your lesson on this.
Just gonna point out that this is the second time town Shish has led a quicklynch on town Chu to lose on the last day of the game. (¬‿¬)

Last edited:
Top Bottom