• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem 7 Mafia Poisoned Mutton Edition - Mafia Wins.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Another Fire Emblem Theme mafia! "Already?!"
Inspired by the first commercial for Fire Emblem 7 in the States, this is Fire Emblem “Poisoned Mutton” Mafia. Dorcas was found dead, someone poisoned his mutton, it’s up to you to find out who conspired against him.

Build an Army, Trust No One!

For a while, I was thinking about switching this to an Earthbound theme, due to Heroes II, but decided that there's room for a subsequent themed game. (Plus, thought up of way more flavor for this than Earthbound) Everyone’s roles will be based off of Player characters from FE7, it won’t be as easy as figuring out who the black fang members or morphs are. Each in game day will last 72 hours. While each in game night will last 48 hours. Feel free to sign up at your leisure, or even ask to spectate the game and be added to the spectator lobby. I also could use the assistance of a cohost, to help with vote count requests, deadline extensions, etc. I do recommend signing up for Thrones Mafia first if you are interested in that, or any other mafia game that peaks your interest, if you see a game you like as well.

Rules
  1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread until the game is finished.
  3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is completely fine in its place.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing. (Very unlikely for this game to be quite honest)
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game. (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.).
  10. If you feel the need to be replaced, please address it in your role pm rather than in the main thread please. If a replacement can not be found, the replacee will be hostkilled at the end of the current phase.
  11. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  12. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold Vote command. For example, Vote: Y.
  2. To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: X. You don't have to unvote before voting again.
  3. No Lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  7. You can also vote for a deadline extension, if you believe the current day phase is too short. this will extend the day for another 24 hours. For example, Vote Deadline Extension
Sample Role
X, you are Athos, Vanilla Townie. While you do not have any special abilities unique to your role, you do have the power to vote, and communicate with the other players during the day. Your goal is to rout the mafia faction. You win if Mafia is defeated even if you die. You lose if Mafia outnumbers town. You have a mighty Beard, and wisdom to share as the ArchSage.

Its a 13 player game. Night Convos will exist for mafia alligned players, and specific roles whether they may or may not appear ;)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gonna have to pass up on this one because my schedule is taking a lot more time than I thought it would now.

Would love to spectate though.

D

Deleted member

/in
No one from NZ wants to budge regarding their games but I want to play some more

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Count me /in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
After my pitiful performance in Heroes 2, I need this.

Ura confirmed.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i didn't even notice this till maven pointed it out lol, don't always check the main fourm so advertising would be nice fire~

anyway katt has no problem with vanilla mafia, the games fun no matter what for me

only real concern is that....holy **** 72 hour day and 48 hour night phase?

i mean we can majority lynch the 72 (as much as i dislike majority lynches) but god damn 48 night phases! ugh.....

katt won't pass, if ya need a body to fill katt will fill that, just to long of phases for katt to want to be insta in

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah I would appreciate if the phases were shorter.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sign me up as a spectator for now; not sure if I have the time to actually play right now, but that might yet change (but I guess 72-hour phases would alleviate that, even if I think that's a bit too long).

(and yes I'm aware of the no-edit rule, this is just force of habit :p )

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Sign me up as a spectator for now; not sure if I have the time to actually play right now, but that might yet change (but I guess 72-hour phases would alleviate that, even if I think that's a bit too long).

(and yes I'm aware of the no-edit rule, this is just force of habit :p )
its only enforced when the game begins lol

till day 1 starts edit as much as possible

D

Deleted member

I don't see why Night needs to be so long but c'mon guys, if 72 hours Days is your issue, then yoi're not gonna play many games outside of the NZ ones

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I don't see why Night needs to be so long but c'mon guys, if 72 hours Days is your issue, then yoi're not gonna play many games outside of the NZ ones
it kinda is, but i'm willing to look past it cause of majority lynch

katt is 48 at most static without a way to shorten it, 3 days exactly is to much for me for a single phase :V

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I would like to spectate this game.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm proud to annouce that Nabe has been promoted to Co Host of this game.

Also I choose 72 hours due to wanting a setup closer to DGames style, but also welcoming to Nzoners by not being say 5 days. I'm considering the setup almost like a hybrid with dna from both styles of mafia. I'm definitely curious of what the feedback of this game is like once its wrapped up.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Didn't know this was a thing lol. I see FE, I want to be /in

Now give my Lyndis please :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Why are long days a problem
too many hours with nothing to do imo. i think 48 is fine (except the first day or night but thats just me) but 72hrs is defo overkill for me.

I don't know how long DG are usually but it sounded like this is shorter than normal.
It's majority lynch, though. I don't want to tell people how to play, but if you vote more aggressively, day phases will end before the 72 hours are up.
oh thats defo much better. ill see.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Thirteen?
Hmm. Okay. I was just thinking, longer days aren't as bad in smaller setups, you might basically be playing for the same time as a game with lots of people but shorter days. Once you're in the double digits for players it just seems like week long days would make the game take ages.

How long did your old games usually take to finish?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Hmm. Okay. I was just thinking, longer days aren't as bad in smaller setups, you might basically be playing for the same time as a game with lots of people but shorter days. Once you're in the double digits for players it just seems like week long days would make the game take ages.

How long did your old games usually take to finish?
A month or more. The gameplay pace was slower, though, because the extra time allows people to live their lives, while also taking that time to think harder about what people are saying in-thread and make informed decisions. I feel like I've taken advantage of the time crunch to manipulate people in every NZone-style game so far.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i mean katt has a life, we all do

but i sure as hell don't have the dedication to continue up with a game for a month straight

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
a month straight playing mafia?

**** that
But a lot of that time is downtime. You make a post, then you go about your life and think a bit. When you come back, other people have posted, and you move your next chess piece. You think harder about the lynch overall, and mafia has to put on their sly boots rather than hoping to skate through a short Day phase. You're not turned on for the entire game, like with shorter phases. You have room to breathe.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I feel like I've taken advantage of the time crunch to manipulate people in every NZone-style game so far.
That's like, literally, my main strategy. I'd be lost without it, lol.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
But a lot of that time is downtime. You make a post, then you go about your life and think a bit. When you come back, other people have posted, and you move your next chess piece. You think harder about the lynch overall, and mafia has to put on their sly boots rather than hoping to skate through a short Day phase. You're not turned on for the entire game, like with shorter phases. You have room to breathe.
if i make a post and go about my life

then i'm not gonna drop on by the game, i'm just gonna straight on up forget the game exists

i get the room to breathe, but it also has to be compromise with actually getting things to move, otherwise i'll have no drive to even pay attention to the game as a whole

ya chalk it up to me being an impatient ***** if ya want, but if the whole purpose of a game is to drop one thing a day for a straight month, by the 4th or 5th time i'm just gonna completely forget about it and become inactive

Top Bottom