• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
[collapse=Math]Player list is 1-6.

1-2 aligned.
3-4 aligned.
5-6 aligned.

We have one scum team linked and the remaining scum is between 7 and 8.

1-2 unaligned
3-4 aligned.
5-6 aligned.

We have one scum caught and if flips DC, then we have 4 cleared players.

1-2 unaligned.
3-4 unaligned.
5-6 aligned.

or

1-2 unaligned.
3-4 unaligned.
5-6 unaligned.

We have all two or three scum pincered and we can use the information to make correct decisions from here on out.[/collapse]

I THINK I want the CCop to claim results anyway because today is so pivotal, but I am not sure.

People who remember the previous set-up, CCop was the only town PR?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
what you're offering me is wifom; there's no evidence to suggest that kantrip would have done anything in that position because he wasn't in it

and each person is going to react differently to being in that situation

so there is no point in talking about it; because it isn't relevant

but what did happen is that raz hammered, and as town; i 1) highly doubt he would have done that and 2) he was clearly setting up for it; because he hadn't been using his vote that day.

i can understand wanting to save yourself; but the way he did it was so scummy that it's obvious that he's scum
**** you. No.

I am trying to, on the ground floor, establish whether you think the hammer itself as a standalone action independent of who it was is scummy given the incap situation. That is ****ing obvious, so stop trying to be a ***** and work with me or you can forget getting me to vote Raz.

He was clearly setting up for it, at the end, but that's perfectly ok with me. I don't see any evidence that he had that in mind from the onset of the day like you're implying.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
yes; i do. there was literally no downtime between hando uncapping raz and raz hammering

anyone that was town would have let time pass to get in more some more discussion; which there was some to be had

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Ryker said:
He was clearly setting up for it, at the end, but that's perfectly ok with me. I don't see any evidence that he had that in mind from the onset of the day like you're implying.
Are you kidding? From the first post of the Day he made it clear that what he cared about was not dying.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why would you not care about not dying? Look at what Kantrip tried to accomplish from the moment he had pressure brought to bear: nothing but attempting to not die.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
pretty sure kantrip was focusing on other things besides not dying

raz was basically only focused on that

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Blegh. I don't like Raz particularly, but the case being brought to bear against him is completely ****. This is the white knighting I was trying to avoid:

He's not the only one who has next to no solid reads and he had nowhere to push all day because nothing was allowed to develop except for the Hando wagon. Literally nothing. Until the end, where we wanted Gorf and Raz put his foot down and made it a point that he did not want it. You tell me, what he could feasibly do that day phase with half the world already trying to give him up for dead?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
pretty sure kantrip was focusing on other things besides not dying

raz was basically only focused on that
AFTER he began receiving Incap pressure? That was a major thing to me last phase was that everyone was willing to let slide that Kantrip was ****ing desperate to live and doing nothing else while Raz had a line of people trying to stick a knife in him for it. I believe I posted a page number where it started.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
after receiving pressure; it was mostly on that

raz had hollownote as a scum read; barely pushed it; and then later unvoted him (his only scum read) when vult replaced in; there was no reason to do that other than to try and get town points; and then he didn't use his vote and he flaked on giving a gorf stance; the other wagon that had support at the time. it seems to me he's not interested in actually trying to lynch scum

and don't act like raz wasn't desperate either; you totally bought into the "save me bro, i'm your bro, that's what bro's do, #savingprivateraz" and uncapped him

#HBC | Gorf

Blegh. I don't like Raz particularly, but the case being brought to bear against him is completely ****. This is the white knighting I was trying to avoid:

He's not the only one who has next to no solid reads and he had nowhere to push all day because nothing was allowed to develop except for the Hando wagon. Literally nothing. Until the end, where we wanted Gorf and Raz put his foot down and made it a point that he did not want it. You tell me, what he could feasibly do that day phase with half the world already trying to give him up for dead?
Get the other half of the world to push for Kantrip because of reputation over actual ****ing play I suppose.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
When did Raz start receiving the pressure that apparently crippled his ability to do anything but defend himself? The first page of the phase.

Why is unvoting Vult bad? Vult did well replacing in, so it seems warranted given how little anyone had on Hollownote.

And yeah, he was desperate, but that's not what I did, don't misrepresent me. I saved Raz because I wanted Kantrip to burn. Why is desperation bad? When there is a glimmer of hope and the alternative is death, you're going to be desperate for that. IIRC, he didn't do **** until I started moving to save his ass. Meaning he likely had given up until given that hope.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Get the other half of the world to push for Kantrip because of reputation over actual ****ing play I suppose.
Oh, hey! Looks like we both agree he ended up in a situation and acted in a way that is only logical in aiming to survive. Man, glad we can bury this one.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker said:
Why is unvoting Vult bad? Vult did well replacing in, so it seems warranted given how little anyone had on Hollownote.
But Raz DID have something on Hollow. Hollow is most likely to be Dabuz' partner, over all players playing, according to Raz. You tell me, in a hypothetical situation, if you have reason that's good enough to convince yourself that somebody is scum with a player who already flipped scum, and that player replaces out, are you just gonna drop the read?

Oh and no he did equally little all throughout the game.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
When did Raz start receiving the pressure that apparently crippled his ability to do anything but defend himself? The first page of the phase.

And yeah, he was desperate, but that's not what I did, don't misrepresent me. I saved Raz because I wanted Kantrip to burn. Why is desperation bad? When there is a glimmer of hope and the alternative is death, you're going to be desperate for that. IIRC, he didn't do **** until I started moving to save his ***. Meaning he likely had given up until given that hope.
because i'm pretty sure it was literally his only scum read; i wish i knew what page his read list was on so i could quote it

why unvote your only scum read? why is he the only one to seemingly have no scum reads? even i have scum reads and i ****ing suck at this game

#HBC | Gorf

Oh, hey! Looks like we both agree he ended up in a situation and acted in a way that is only logical in aiming to survive. Man, glad we can bury this one.
Yes, and rather than trying to read anybody period his sole purpose was survival. Glad we've come to an agreement. Consider this one buried :)

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
what?; pretty sure what gorf meant kantrip died because of his reputation and not his play. he was way more likely to flip town than raz but people saved raz just cause they like him better

#HBC | Gorf

because i'm pretty sure it was literally his only scum read; i wish i knew what page his read list was on so i could quote it

why unvote your only scum read? why is he the only one to seemingly have no scum reads? even i have scum reads and i ****ing suck at this game
HEY YES THIS IS ME VERIFYING THAT THIS, IN FACT, EXISTS AND THAT I BROUGHT UP THE ODDITY OF IT YESTERDAY.

No need to bring up the quote everyone knows that it happened.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
or ninja's whatever;

i don't need you to play devil's advocate ryker; you say you don't particularly like raz. why?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
or ninja's whatever;

i don't need you to play devil's advocate ryker; you say you don't particularly like raz. why?
He's null. Literally, the only thing I could jump on him for was being Dabuz's scummate for his lack of interaction on Day 1. However, iirc, he's confirmed not to be on that scum team now.

What I have on him from the notes I was taking is that he didn't take the opportunity to jump on Dabuz when it was incredibly easy on Day 1. That's a scum tell if he's Dabuz's scummate, but I don't see why DC Raz would stay off the wagon.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What about D2? I've stated I'm ok with his course of action D2. I don't see him being ABLE to get anything done with pressure on him from the beginning and a Hando lynch decided almost as quickly and I don't find the hammer scummy.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
why don't you like him then

if you think he's null; i would think you wouldnt like him or dislike him

or maybe you dislike him cause he's null?

either way; he's scum and you should just trust me on this one

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, Gorf, and isn't it funny how Dabuz asked "road to nowhere questions" on Day 1 in this game? I think it was YOU that pinned him on that, if I'm right? Weird huh? Maybe you should be careful what you reference, you asshole.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You're a **** Gorf. You run into something you don't like and you are the biggest little ***** about it. I don't know why you decided you need to be obnoxious instead of fun to be around.

#HBC | Gorf

Yeah, Gorf, and isn't it funny how Dabuz asked "road to nowhere questions" on Day 1 in this game? I think it was YOU that pinned him on that, if I'm right? Weird huh? Maybe you should be careful what you reference, you *******.
That wasn't a stab at you in the slightest lol, but yea that's absolutely one of the questions I pinned em on. Let's not go too far into this because ongoing games and whatnot but I'll just say... Context.

You're a **** Gorf. You run into something you don't like and you are the biggest little ***** about it. I don't know why you decided you need to be obnoxious instead of fun to be around.
Honestly yo it had nothing to do with your comment. I'm certainly being a little ***** to marshy and I hope he feels the exact same way you feel in this post about how I'm playing, but that's cuz it's intended for him. Sorry you got this impression bruh you know I still love you right?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
@ Fandangox Fandangox

I know you were pushing Raz as dabuz' mate but seeing how that's no longer possible (I think Ruy typo'd Kantrip's flip and meant to say DC INCAPPED, not uncapped em. @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu please confirm) do you still see em as scum?
His hammer was very scummy. Didn't like his D1 and his D2 was entirely focused on him not dying. Him being Dabuz partner was my main reason to dislike him, but seeing he is not, I am not entirely sure about the slot. Will elaborate more at night when I am at home.

Also I think its worth looking into Vult Redux, since Garg was pushing his lynch before he got night killed.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm gonna be out all day running a tournament tomorrow.

Can already see that this game is the type of game where everyone is around at all the wrong times of the day lol. Dem 4 AM posts mannnnn. Reading the morning content now.

#HBC | Gorf

His hammer was very scummy. Didn't like his D1 and his D2 was entirely focused on him not dying. Him being Dabuz partner was my main reason to dislike him, but seeing he is not, I am not entirely sure about the slot. Will elaborate more at night when I am at home.

Also I think its worth looking into Vult Redux, since Garg was pushing his lynch before he got night killed.
I think it's worth looking into em regardless. His contents little and I wanna see what he's got on his plate after last Night. I don't think you can really use Garg's suspicion against em though cuz, after all, both teams targeted Garg and Vult can't be on both teams lol.

Yo scary where's the tourney at?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yo scary where's the tourney at?
It's called Tierbreakers, hosted by Seibrik. I help in running it. It's at Flippers gaming off of Sheridan heading towards Taft st. Come on out! It's like a teaching/tourney event where we help the community improve and stuff. My team got 2nd last season.

#HBC | Gorf

Oof that's a bit farther than what I thought you'd be. I'll have to wait at least a couple weeks to make it out there but I'd be down to play some smash n chill lmfao, is it like a monthly?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It'll be a biweekly but the first day is like making it a league kinda thing. Otherwise you'd be able to come out freely regardless...aside from evil $6 door fee. Bleh. Where you coming from bro? Always down to chill with peeps that I haven't before. I'm in Pompano, so it's a bit of a drive for me but if ya ever wanna swing by, more than welcome.

Top Bottom