• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finals Brawlfest Tourney (Orlando/Oviedo, FL) 5-1-10 (Results 1st Post)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Take a break from studying for finals (or if you're done with finals) and come to this tourney.

Address: 841 N Lake Claire Cir. Oviedo, FL 32765 (the housing community is kingsbridge west. and you make a 3rd right turn (after 2 stop signs))

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...ire+Cir,+Oviedo,+Seminole,+Florida+32765&z=16

Contact info: 786-280-1680 (cell, call or text, text prefered)
AIM: nevershootme

Time:
Warmups and registration around 3pm
Tourney starts at 5pm or 6pm
Tourney ends til whenever u guys leave

Fees:
Door Fee: Bring any food or drink to share or chip in $1-$2 and I'll order pizza.
Doubles $10 per team
Singles: $5 per person
Low/Mid Tier Tourney (if there's time): $5 per person

Rules:
MLG Rules (Gonna modify stage list so it's less gay)

House Rules:
Keep the house mess free to an extent and help clean up after the tourney is over if you're staying post tourney.

Doubles
1: kyon + gdx ($30.00)
2: co18 + mk18 ($18.00)
3: gallax + fearless ($12.00)
4: exdeath + trott
5: strawhat + hiroi
5: sensei + CRSN (**** kobe, go magic)

Singles
1: co18 ($30.00) (DDD, Snake)
2: hrnut ($20.00) (Snake, MK, Falco)
3: gdx ($10.00) (Diddy)
4: mk18 (Wario, MK)
5: kyon (Peach)
5: fearless (Olimar)
7: raz (Pikachu, MK)
7: exdeath (MK)
9: strawhat (Wario)
9: hiroi (Peach)
9: trott (Falco)
13: sensei (Mario)

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Er Never, Abscent and TRA are hosting a pretty big tourney on this date in your region lol. I'm not gonna tel you not to host this, but keep in mind attendance to this might suffer since the pot for We Be Smashin is looking to be around $200

Two-Ell

Smash Master
>.> um well okay then. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't doing this partially for some of the attention. But I just like keeping myself with occupied with things that I can that will make a difference at least for others. I happen to love going around and making ties with people on these boards. I've had an account here longer than a good amount of people here and up until I started coming here I had 14 posts total while they had hundreds lol. I just want to use this as a chance to stop lurking and actually involve myself. Well I hope your smashfest turns out well then.

Edit: Italics was in response to something said earlier, but edited out by the other user. Leaving it on so to explain my actions on this board to any who feel I'm trying to gain glory D:

Edit2: Oh and I'll add this listing to the FL thread in a bit~

nevershootme

Smash Master
Wait what do u mean 4-5 pm lol
oh i'm thinking either 4pm or 5pm i'll start the tourney. but i'll fix the times. but i do need some early afternoon time if I wanna order some catering (like tons of wings from buffalo wildwings or hooters).

but if all else i'll start the tourney at 6pm and go from there... but I need a general consensus on when u guys are wanting to come over...

edit: times updated.

nevershootme

Smash Master
uh lol i guess mampam? it's just a random tourney i'm throwing. if tampa feels like coming go ahead, i should be able to pull strings and do housing for the night so u can head home with no problem.

unless you're talking about the port charlotte tourney, then wrong thread

Trott

Smash Rookie
Er Never, Abscent and TRA are hosting a pretty big tourney on this date in your region lol. I'm not gonna tel you not to host this, but keep in mind attendance to this might suffer since the pot for We Be Smashin is looking to be around $200
Thanks for looking out 2link. We were discussing that tourney in the CFL thread and most people (with the exception of GDX and Xdeath) seemed reluctant to drive 3 hours there and back :( ....maybe we should call this the "We Be Lazy" tournament :laugh:

Anyway, you can put me down as attending. Does this mean there will be some sort of smashfest on Friday ;) ?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Thanks for looking out 2link. We were discussing that tourney in the CFL thread and most people (with the exception of GDX and Xdeath) seemed reluctant to drive 3 hours there and back :( ....maybe we should call this the "We Be Lazy" tournament :laugh:

Anyway, you can put me down as attending. Does this mean there will be some sort of smashfest on Friday ;) ?
kinda pushing it since i gotta drive all the way from melbourne -> orlando house

gallax

Smash Hero
aight ex-death, we can team. lemme warn u of two things though. if gindler comes then i will have to leave u to team with him since we perma-team and i gotta play with my static teammate as long as we go to the same tourney. second thing is i love grenades :chuckle:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Ooh alright I understand now. I wasn't taking into consideration how much travel some of you would have to make going to WBS. I'll keep that in mind on date conflicts next time. You guys have fun with this. Never, if you feel like it lemme know if you want to upload matches to FloridaMeister's YT. I'll understand though you want to publish this on your own channel though lol. I hope this goes well.

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
SENSEI! Lets represent that F and G tier, son!

*edit*

I demand a drunk gallax and a sober tony. lmao

Exdeath

Smash Master
aight ex-death, we can team. lemme warn u of two things though. if gindler comes then i will have to leave u to team with him since we perma-team and i gotta play with my static teammate as long as we go to the same tourney. second thing is i love grenades :chuckle:
I understand the first and I also love grenades. 'Nades and 'nados all day!

nevershootme

Smash Master
if ppl are still demanding it $5, i'll do it.

anyways, I'm considering to do this. I may wanna ditch doubles and put in the mid/low tier instead, reason being is to just save time and not everyone wants to do dubs.

also, for seeding purposes (regular singles only), I'm just gonna do a round of pools (no one gets eliminated here, you play 1 set against everyone in a pool) and then use the results to make the final bracket, i'm still separating all good players from each pool to make it even.

also, bring setups!

Trott

Smash Rookie
if ppl are still demanding it $5, i'll do it.

anyways, I'm considering to do this. I may wanna ditch doubles and put in the mid/low tier instead, reason being is to just save time and not everyone wants to do dubs.

also, for seeding purposes (regular singles only), I'm just gonna do a round of pools (no one gets eliminated here, you play 1 set against everyone in a pool) and then use the results to make the final bracket, i'm still separating all good players from each pool to make it even.

also, bring setups!
Hooray for pools!

@Kyon: You should hang out with us instead! Do you really want to drive 6 hours (roundtrip) for a tournament when you could hang out here with your buds. Though a lot of good players are going to be at We Be Smashin so I can see how it would be very tempting.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
man, i want to go to port charlotte, but CFL has been super lazy lately. not even wanting to come on car trips they dont drive to

/sigh

so i guess ill be here

Twtch

Smash Rookie
... I am aware there's another tourney. I have access to FL thread myself... and I have a reason to plan it... as I had another tourney thread slated for may 1st which is now relocating to orlando instead of melbourne...

Sorry man I'm a bit behind (this tourney sounds pretty cool I"ll see if I can make it) but are you aware if there's a brawl scene in melbourne as well? I'll be down that way this summer and would def go to a tourney down there.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Sorry man I'm a bit behind (this tourney sounds pretty cool I"ll see if I can make it) but are you aware if there's a brawl scene in melbourne as well? I'll be down that way this summer and would def go to a tourney down there.
I'm in melbourne all summer. all of this semester on weekends i go to orlando while weekdays i'm at work in melbourne. there's very few ppl in melbourne/palm bay/ cocoa & merritt that play

edit: the living room tv will be used to watch a streamed tourney happening elsewhere.

also, BRING TV'S and WII's!

Top Bottom