• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

finally i got some sheik video up ( new 6/26)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
your signature says Jmex and friends, but in the video, Jmes plays against a Sheik. I am confused.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Not bad Champ. A little bit cookie-cutter and conservative for my tastes... but definitely not bad.

It would help a little more though if you were playing against someone who was better against Sheik. Or maybe Sheik just ***** DK? Hahah, I don't know.

You're definitely good, just some nitpicks:
- Sometimes utilt after an ftilt, it can hit sometimes where usmash and dsmash and nair cannot. Sometimes utilt leads to another aerial (which they can probably dodge, but people are still open sometimes after air dodges.) Note all the uses of "sometimes." Just another option for you.

- Your sheik is conservative yes, but I think your Zelda could be MORE conservative. Don't take risks on people who know how to shield the entire usmash and fsmash. Mix up your close range with dash attacks, dsmashes, and even tilts. Pretty much all of her ground moves save neutral A and dtilt can potentially KO. And if you're far away, there's no need to approach unless the other character has something to fight against Din's fire. Fire away!

- I didn't see a lot of tethering. Sometimes the speed of a tether recovery to ledge jump air can be fast.

I don't know, you are quite a solid Sheik. But IMO maybe some faster play could work in your favor just to open up your options a little more. It'd help in the long run, I bet.

Keep winning those matches Champ.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I really don't have anything noteworthy to add to what Choknater said so ...

Praise time

Very nice Sheik Charro you do a great job showing that Sheik doesn't deserves to be in low tier.

Keep on representing

Edit: Ah, I should of mention that. Good call Ankoku

popsofctown

Smash Champion
so you are Champ. Goodness, how do you keep up with all three pokemon and Sheik/Zelda? You're very ambitious.

The Sheik did seem textbookish, like the other two said. But cookie cutter is good, if you play a straight up Sheik and just work on playing that really well, you'll win.

EDIT: I think i fall below any sort of judging at all though...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Smart and consistent >>>> 90% of the players out there. Keep it up.

Could've used a bit more Zelda in Game 4, though... Remember, if you knocked him out there with a dsmash that didn't kill at 150%+, and you don't want to edgeguard, Transform is a great option. Also, try not to catch people with your Vanish reappearance. If you hit them from the air, aim down, and if you hit them from the ground, aim either into the ground or directly left or right, but never up unless it's specifically for recovery to a ledge or something.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Not bad Champ. A little bit cookie-cutter and conservative for my tastes... but definitely not bad.

It would help a little more though if you were playing against someone who was better against Sheik. Or maybe Sheik just ***** DK? Hahah, I don't know.

You're definitely good, just some nitpicks:
- Sometimes utilt after an ftilt, it can hit sometimes where usmash and dsmash and nair cannot. Sometimes utilt leads to another aerial (which they can probably dodge, but people are still open sometimes after air dodges.) Note all the uses of "sometimes." Just another option for you.

- Your sheik is conservative yes, but I think your Zelda could be MORE conservative. Don't take risks on people who know how to shield the entire usmash and fsmash. Mix up your close range with dash attacks, dsmashes, and even tilts. Pretty much all of her ground moves save neutral A and dtilt can potentially KO. And if you're far away, there's no need to approach unless the other character has something to fight against Din's fire. Fire away!

- I didn't see a lot of tethering. Sometimes the speed of a tether recovery to ledge jump air can be fast.

I don't know, you are quite a solid Sheik. But IMO maybe some faster play could work in your favor just to open up your options a little more. It'd help in the long run, I bet.

Keep winning those matches Champ.
Yeah I wasn't sure when up tilt was needed. With zelda though, my philosophy is just spam forward smash and it'll hit eventually haha. Usually I do try to mix it up but I knew that dk shield's can't handle the smashes since he's too big. Lastly, I didn't tether a lot because I played him before and he leave a back air out and it hits me or he down air me. Thanks for the input though.

Smart and consistent >>>> 90% of the players out there. Keep it up.

Could've used a bit more Zelda in Game 4, though... Remember, if you knocked him out there with a dsmash that didn't kill at 150%+, and you don't want to edgeguard, Transform is a great option. Also, try not to catch people with your Vanish reappearance. If you hit them from the air, aim down, and if you hit them from the ground, aim either into the ground or directly left or right, but never up unless it's specifically for recovery to a ledge or something.
Yeah I wasn't sure when to switch to zelda in game 4. I was like he's gonna clap me if I switch. I also usually don't go up like that with sheik but I was too nervous haha. I was so mad when I stopped him with the vanish. I'm like "arghhhhhh coulda killed him just now"

The reason I play conservative is because that's how sheik vs dk should work. He have no option at all against the needles and he's too slow to beat ur tilts. So i just stay back and keep my space sicne dk hurts a lot when he hits u. I do notice that I'm really defensive though, but no point running in vs dk if u can just chill back and needle him for like 10-18% haha

thansk for the input guys. I have one more sheik match left vs dedede. Now that one is a hard match up (for my style at least). Then I'll add me vs edrees soon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I look forward to it. It's refreshing to see a smart player (esp. an old melee player) playing a good Sheik.

And yeah, I'd imagine some aggressiveness would help against DDD.

You're right. Just chillin and shooting needles does work really well on DK, so I understand now. And it did really work in your favor to win those matches.

Btw I can do fox's champ combo in real life.

psike

Smash Apprentice
That was fantastic Sheik, one of the best Sheiks I've seen in a while. I would have used more Zelda in the second DK match, but you did a great job. Don't jump into a charged donkey punch lol, thats the only advice I have.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Not bad Champ. A little bit cookie-cutter and conservative for
Spot on. And sometimes you'll want to save the killing power on that usmash. Sweetspotted usmash kills at fairly low percent. It's always a nice option when you can't seem to get them off the stage to transform.

Remember, a good pro can smash di out of Zelda's fsmash and usmash, so try to stay unpredictable.

But, yes, you're a very solid Sheik. Keep it up.

Charoo

Smash Champion
just add another one. Wow I didn't know it lasted that long haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
honestly, i don't have much to say.

your sheik is very good, solid play against that DDD.

no advice, just encouragement:

more damage, **** harder.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
just watched your last vid you have a good sheik better than mine iguess. Also when you played as fox you should have cancelled his forward b to shorten the distance and that would have less likely hood of getting hit by wario , but overall good match as fox and sheik.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Oh look your fighting someone I fight a lot.

Advise on how to **** harder

Dededes love jumping before throwing one of their minions even when your at mid range when they do this rush in and punish them with a up smash. I counted at least two times where you could have taken advantage of this in your match. Most of the time when I do this I get both hits in and deal out 30 damage which is Jesus on ice for Sheik.

You shielded Dedede ^B when he was about to falling on you, why? Sheik Utilt has more priority then Dedede ^B you should of punish him for falling upon a Sheik so helpless.

Dedede mains are one of the few characters in the game who like grabbing take advantage of that and use vanish mind games. Even if you mess up and don’t hit him by holding away from Dedede you are guaranteed safely because of how fat he is.

Well…That’s all I got.

Good job kicking that giant penguin wearing a Santa costume in the go nads.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Oh look your fighting someone I fight a lot.

Advise on how to **** harder

Dededes love jumping before throwing one of their minions even when your at mid range when they do this rush in and punish them with a up smash. I counted at least two times where you could have taken advantage of this in your match. Most of the time when I do this I get both hits in and deal out 30 damage which is Jesus on ice for Sheik.

You shielded Dedede ^B when he was about to falling on you, why? Sheik Utilt has more priority then Dedede ^B you should of punish him for falling upon a Sheik so helpless.

Dedede mains are one of the few characters in the game who like grabbing take advantage of that and use vanish mind games. Even if you mess up and don’t hit him by holding away from Dedede you are guaranteed safely because of how fat he is.

Well…That’s all I got.

Good job kicking that giant penguin wearing a Santa costume in the go nads.
thanks for the tip man. To be honest, I didn't really know how to fight dedede. I was treating him like DK but that change drastically when I notice those waddle dees r blocking my needles.

I didn't know I can just run in like that when he uses his forward b so it was just my lack of knowledge. I also didn't know I could up tilt his up b too. I just thought I'll shield it then grab him or something after wards. I also didn't vanish much cause I didn't know when I was the right moment to do it.

It was just my lack of dedede experience so I didn't know what I can and can't do. If you notice, I was changing my game up as the match progress because I was slowly learning what works and what doesn't. Thanks a lot for the tips though cause now I know what to do next time.

btw canceling forward b is like impossible for me with fox. I couldn't even short hop with him when I used to play melee haha

edit: i would like to give kudos to the sheik board. Out of the 4 specific forum I go to for my chars, this seem to be the most thoughtful/intelligent responses. I actually enjoy reading the responses and nobody is being stupid with "that guy coulda air dodge because it's brawl" comment. You should see pokemon trainer's forum haha

Top Bottom