• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, A Roy Combo Video! The Marquess of Pharae

fluffy

Smash Champion
your roy looked really really good....but then onii or w/e looked as if he was just waiting 4 u 2 do teh combos on him...like zero34 said.
but it was better than ive expected. hows that sandwich goin on.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Nice video! Some crazy combos, Ive never seen somebody spike like that before. The only thing I didnt like was the music, so I turned off the sound and put on some techno music, MUCH BETTER.

Banned via Administration
Do your opponents know what DI is?

Obviously they dont, becuase 90% of what was on there is not possible if they DI correctly.

Some things I did like, for instance, when you went out off the map w/ fairs. However, most of the combos aren't normally possible. But your speed is pretty good.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Nice stuff. Quite nice comboes too. Roy has always been a neglected character of mine since I learned of Marth's superiority, but this gives me ideas for new comboes. Alot of the clips were really short though...

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Ok, about the DI. They do know how to DI, I'm sure of it. Thy just probably do it by chance. I'll be sure to point this out to them, so thank you for making that point. I appreciate the criticism, and sorry about the clips being short.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
good a suppost,your roy is not bad althoght of all of it there was ONE thing i didn't like, and that was ROY"S GOLDEN SUIT (lol, just kidding).

no man it was great, i love it (not like i like bowser, but roy is still one of my mains). Would be a honor to battle you some day, but maybe i won't have my chance anytime soon (ohh yeah and i like the finishing music, megaman X6 is one of my favorite games (lol, or was....)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
eeeehhh, good video...but, the first song was horrible and there were TOO many stupid DIs, especially from the fox.

Risky

Smash Ace
This guy... NJ'zFinest... anybody ever talk to him on the hub? He's really stupid dont listen to his posts

>.>

Edit: jk :D

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
Your Roy is great man. I have a friend who plays few but very good with Roy, I'm sure your video will teach him a thing or two with Roy. Nice L-cancelling there and some good combos, but the DI of your opponents seemed to be not-so-good, but great video anyway!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Risky said:
This guy... NJ'zFinest... anybody ever talk to him on the hub? He's really stupid dont listen to his posts

>.>

Edit: jk :D
>_<
risky...dont hate

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I started using Roy last night for the hell of it and did really well so I'm going to practice with him, hopefully this will give me ideas.

You've got a pretty nice Roy but if you're making a combo video, make a combo video. 2-3 hits in a row isn't a combo. 5 or more and you're starting to get interesting. This was also very repetitive. Shffl'd nair to forward smash. Shffl'd fair, dtilt, shffl'd fair, dtilt.

Nice spiking though, I need to work on that. Forward b, down b and dair.

Risky

Smash Ace
:D

Sinista there isn't too much more to Roy than the combos on this video. The quad Uairs were enough for me =P

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Risky said:
:D

Sinista there isn't too much more to Roy than the combos on this video. The quad Uairs were enough for me =P
You know what I mean. A "true" combo video isn't the same 3 hit combo over and over. But yeah there was some nice stuff like the quad uairs as you mentionned haha, that was dirrrty.

Like I said though, you have a good Roy. Those spikes were awesome especially, seeing a Roy spike is the most awesome thing because it doesn't happen often lol.

EDIT - Actually, that dair spike isn't good at all lol. I mean, if they don't expect it, it's good, but I was just practicing it in training mode just to find the sweetspot, and the Marth recovered even at like 150%, he barely even moved lol.

BlitzkriegBus

Smash Rookie
On megaupload, you got to wait for your download ticket like 45-50 seconds and click on the link in the top right corner, however, it gets covered up by an ad when you can download it

ryanmercland

Smash Apprentice
Wow. So Many Posts.
Props on Makin a Vid But... Next Time. . . Make it Worth A Dump.

Rating: Must Delete

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Mista Sinista said:
EDIT - Actually, that dair spike isn't good at all lol. I mean, if they don't expect it, it's good, but I was just practicing it in training mode just to find the sweetspot, and the Marth recovered even at like 150%, he barely even moved lol.
this is because roy's dair is a meteror not a spike, it really is not a good move, but hey! he just wanted to imprest us, althoght i doubt that this move will even be usefull in torney or in advance competition. :ohwell:

I still say good vid, jsut get yourself more player to play with, but with more expirience that those who you where playing (dont what to offence plp), but really the player you where playing wheren't that good. :(

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Nice Video, but as a Roy player, I can't help but feel your combo's were allowed to happen because of improper DI.

Where did you get the Megaman X6 music from though?

ADAD

Smash Cadet
Its the best mode to use roy, really its a good video, but he never use the counter, wherever but im insist not exist another mode to use roy .

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the reviews = ) About their skill, I have to admit Doom Dragon was only added to put in a *tiny* bit of variety towards the player selection. I did NOT have anyone else whatsoever to play against in the video. I don't have the privilage of going to tournaments and recording or even going to friend's houses during school days. As a mater of fact, I can't even play during school days because my parents won't let me. I was VERY limited on who I could use in the video. I f I was able to I would. Like I said before, my friend's VCR wasn't working due to one of his cables being damaged. That stopped me from recording at his house. And yes I understand the DI, Doom Dragon doesn't even know what it is, and apparantly he doesn't care much for smash. He doesn't practice or anything but he is ALL I HAD. Even today, March 3, 2006, I wouldn't have any more footage since I haven't seen any of my friends that play Smash since I released the video. ONI however is learning how to DI against Roy.

Anyways, I thought I should get that off of my chest. Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it. It just bugs me when people don't know my situation, and then I get criticized(sp?) for it. Once again, if it were possible for me to get more footage I would and I do understand that it would have been better if I did.

By the way, I'm not sure I could say where I got the MMX6 song, if you want I can send it through Yahoo Instant Messenger, or AIM(I'm usually never on AIM).

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Even if it is just a meteor, wouldn't it still be sort of useful? I mean, other characters manage to use their meteors just fine, especially Young Link.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i agree with everyone who said bad DI and all that for sure... one of your combos was even you using all 4 hits of a DED on a CCing opponent... pretty good stuff i suppose... the video was well made, so its enjoyable to watch.

but roy isn't good at all >.>
coughimabowsermaincough

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lavagolem123 said:
Thanks for the reviews = ) About their skill, I have to admit Doom Dragon was only added to put in a *tiny* bit of variety towards the player selection. I did NOT have anyone else whatsoever to play against in the video. I don't have the privilage of going to tournaments and recording or even going to friend's houses during school days. As a mater of fact, I can't even play during school days because my parents won't let me. I was VERY limited on who I could use in the video. I f I was able to I would. Like I said before, my friend's VCR wasn't working due to one of his cables being damaged. That stopped me from recording at his house. And yes I understand the DI, Doom Dragon doesn't even know what it is, and apparantly he doesn't care much for smash. He doesn't practice or anything but he is ALL I HAD. Even today, March 3, 2006, I wouldn't have any more footage since I haven't seen any of my friends that play Smash since I released the video. ONI however is learning how to DI against Roy.

Anyways, I thought I should get that off of my chest. Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it. It just bugs me when people don't know my situation, and then I get criticized(sp?) for it. Once again, if it were possible for me to get more footage I would and I do understand that it would have been better if I did.

By the way, I'm not sure I could say where I got the MMX6 song, if you want I can send it through Yahoo Instant Messenger, or AIM(I'm usually never on AIM).
Excellent! well it wasnt a combo but your video was pretty cool im actually want to take roy has my main character. it surprice me your quickness with Roy, im usually do F-airs like u but since i watched your video it gives me new ideas about what can i do with roy and yes! about u r situation is pretty fun because is the same as me! :laugh: but cool video anyways :ohwell: i hope i can post a video of my luigi and roy soon :dizzy:

Broken Fox

Smash Apprentice
I personally enjoyed the video.

The only downside IMO was the chaingrabbing. Not that it was bad, exploiting your opponent's weakness's and lack of DI skill is a good thing, I just have a weird vendetta against people who don't try to get a hit in before they throw...

ps: That's Eliwood at the end picture, not Roy :(

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
_glook said:
Even if it is just a meteor, wouldn't it still be sort of useful? I mean, other characters manage to use their meteors just fine, especially Young Link.
Diference from y. link, mew2, c. falcon, or any other chars is that roy's meteor is also i sweetspot, and the sweetspot is in the center of roy's blade. And usually as any other roy player would know, went he uses dair (the meteor) he usually puts his blade almost on the center of his body, which makes it dificult to use, unless your oponent is floting in the air, but the can dodge this move quite easily in advance playing, also in can be meteor cancel quite easily since of the center sweetspot.

also chars like samus, mew2 and ganon, ect have almost no lag for the meteor, roy does (thats what i say if the oponents was floting in the air, as also seeing on the vid).

so roy only good meteor is the third up-b of the DED (no really).

either way, i still say thanks for the roy vid lava (and dude i LOVE your mew2 vids, xd ;))

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I thought the thread would be dead o_0

Anyways, thanks for the comment, I appreciate it. I couldn't find a decent picture of Roy so I had to use Eliwood...Or Ike but he's totally irrelavant(sp?)

I am surprised you saw my Mewtwo vids...Nobody left reviews XP.

By the way, what size did you use for the banner? (EX: 50x400)

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Lavagolem, Im not trying to be mean, but that music really sucked. Ive got this music from a program (suppose to be a crack for a program, but doesnt work), and if you load it 8 seconds into the video, it goes very VERY well with the video. Im not sure how, but Im sure there is a way to get the music from the program. If you have aim, Ill send it to you (RastaImp0sta=aim). I always play the music to it and everybody says they cant see a different song put to the video after hearing it.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Ah well, I can't please everybody with the music. I understand you're not trying to be harsh but most didn't like it...That was something I regretted. I'm sorry I don't really go on AIM too often either. Though I am on Yahoo Instant Messenger most days. If you can go there, I can re-edit the video and send it to you from there I suppose. My name on YIM is andrmx

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Risky said:
What's the point?
If you were talking to me ... a friend of mine wanted to see this video and the easiest way to do that is streaming at youtube or Google Video. I don't think he's ever gone to filefront or yousend it or w/e, he's not very good with computers anyway.

Zefyrinus

Smash Apprentice
Like everyone's already said: finally! I really appreciate this, allthough I don't think that I'll ever learn any combos.

Top Bottom