• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Update!

Jammer

Smash Lord
I think the big update will be on the weekday before Brawl's first release, whether that's Nov. 30th or Nov. 10th or whatever.

I don't think it'll be about Brawl. I think it'll be a nice essay by Sakurai about how much fun he had making the game, and how he hopes we enjoy it, and how he loves us all, yada yada yada. We'll all act like we're disappointed it wasn't about a totally unexpected new character, but it'll make us all feel a little warm and fuzzy inside. He may also post a Brawl game play video full of funny outtake-like scenes.

platnum

Smash Lord
Egruntz- It's my birthday too! :p

I've got a feeling that November 30th will be a gigantic update. Like a sextuple update.

1. Sonic The Hedgehog
2. Green Hill Zone
3. Green Hill Zone Music
4. Sonic's Special Abilities
5. Super Sonic- Sonic's Final Smash
6. Tails as an Assist Trophy
- would grab onto you, making your character a flying character for a short time.

Now that would rule.
awsomenes:):)

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
I think the big update will be on the weekday before Brawl's first release, whether that's Nov. 30th or Nov. 10th or whatever.

I don't think it'll be about Brawl. I think it'll be a nice essay by Sakurai about how much fun he had making the game, and how he hopes we enjoy it, and how he loves us all, yada yada yada. We'll all act like we're disappointed it wasn't about a totally unexpected new character, but it'll make us all feel a little warm and fuzzy inside. He may also post a Brawl game play video full of funny outtake-like scenes.
The more I think about this, the more I realize it will happen.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
doesnt brawl come 11 days earlier in japan, so the *** site will probably get a big update, and so shall we

Shiekyerbouti

Smash Cadet
I really don't think it would be Sonic.
If sonic is in the game I really believe it will be announced well before the final day.
It's an advertising campaign in itself, "Mario VS Sonic" is basically another way of saying "We just increased the amount of games sold by the thousands."
Most people who aren't hardcore gamers most likely don't know much/anything about this game, so compare the two commercial options: the characters we know fighting each other, or the same commercial with a scene in which Mario and sonic are fighting each other.
I mean look at Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, that game is BASED on that idea, selling a game by throwing together two characters that are bizarre when combined.
I honestly wouldn't have even so much as GLANCED at that game if it weren't for that little gimmick.
The point is, I think that if Nintendo got their hands on sonic for brawl they would advertise the **** out of it. Not wait 'til the last minute.
The only possible reason I could see for them NOT advertise Sonic in Brawl like crazy, would be because they were afraid the gimmick would wear off, thus decreasing the sales of the Olympics game.
um... I told ya so?

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping they'd give us the rest of the first party characters by the time the final update rolls around.

yes, all the Sonic fans are now happy and satisfied; for the rest of us who are still waiting on a character, it is becoming aggravating...

shanus

Smash Hero
im hoping for a bigass update on december 3rd to compensate for the emofest that will ensue (I will also be partaking in that emofest)

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I can totally see it, the last update before it come out:

Hey everyone Sakurai here! I just wanted to tell you about the gretest part of Brawl. It is...

A FUNNY HAT!!!!!

Thats right this totally awesome item is super rare, and guess what it doesn't even do anything!

I just thought I should tell you all about it because i think its cool. Well have fun with Brawl,!

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
well since it's been delayed, the last update is now february 8th, but i too think it will be something big, but yes he will most likely continue to post new things.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I am thinking, and hoping, it will be two updates.

1. The completed character select and stage screens.

2. A note/letter from Sakurai. Something like

'Nintendo Wii fans, today is the day that Super Smash Brothers Brawl is available in stores. This will be my last Smash game, but because of that, my team and I have done everything we could to make this the best game it could possibly be. We have put our hearts and souls into it, and we really hope you do indeed enjoy this game that we made for you!'

either that, or 'You Still Must Recover!'

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I think last update will be a letter from Sakurai.
This is what its gonna say...."I am terribly sorry but i have made a typo on the Delay update. I meant to say that Brawl will be released on February 10th, 2009.....sorry for the inconvienence

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
"Sorry everyone, but we've decided to delay Brawl to appear on the next Nintendo console, the Wiiwii, as it will be the last Smash Bros. game I am making and I want it to be as great as possible!"

Half of the smash community will drop dead. x)

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
We have decided to cancel brawl from the Wii, and instead release it on the X-box 360 and Playstation 3, all Nintendo characters have been removed, and have been replaced with the entire final fantasy cast and master chief. We apologize for any inconvenience.

*My heart explodes*

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
I don't think it'll be a letter.
It'd be anti-climactic to have such a pivotal update while the site will keep updating after the game is released.

SeanW

Smash Cadet
Keep in mind he might stop before the Japanese release since they get it a week earlier than us.

Though personally, if you ask me, I think the final update (before the release) should be a heartwarming speech accompanied by the intro movie for Brawl.

I'd like to see Sakurai pour his heart out and let us, the smashers know how grateful he is that so many people are excited about his work and that he's gotten this much support for Smash Brothers. You know something that would bring a tear to your eye.

That would only strengthen the fire in my eyes, knowing that Sakurai has put his heart and soul in this game. It's like when a rock star is about to go out for a big debut/reunion/farewell concert and they just hear the roar of the crowd and they get that droplet of a tear trickling down their face.

I think I've run my mouth long enough so I'll just mozey on outta here. Happy Halloween, all!

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Notice:

"This is Sakurai."

"So, the game has been released. Are you all enjoying it?
I'd once again like to point out that this is in fact the last
Smash Bros. game. There is no need to feel dissapointed,
as there is a big surprise heading your way!"

<Character Update>

Masahiro Sakurai

c0nker

Smash Apprentice
Notice:

"This is Sakurai."

"So, the game has been released. Are you all enjoying it?
I'd once again like to point out that this is in fact the last
Smash Bros. game. There is no need to feel dissapointed,
as there is a big surprise heading your way!"

<Character Update>

Masahiro Sakurai
Quoted for ultimate emphasis of win. My exact thoughts, only better worded XD

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
On February 8, the update will be...

Early April Fools!​

Sorry, but I lied. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be released in the United States on April 1, 2008. If you want it now, you'll just have to import.

And then, on April 1...

April Fools!​

Oh, clever me! I lied again! We actually had the game completely finished and ready to be released in the US shortly before February 10. I would like to thank all of you who imported a Japanese Wii, along with a Japanese copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for your money.

With love,
Masahiro Sakurai

P.S.- Europe, Brawl's cancelled for you.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
meh. I think the updates may stop for the Japanese release with a very long and motivational letter from Sakurai.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
My guess for the February 8th update..

HOW TO-
How to go to the store and buy Brawl

With instructions to find your nearest video game retailer, then purchase Brawl, with a link to mapquest, and pictures of the box (so you know what to look for)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
By the time January 24th comes, the japanese release date it will be possible to know almost everything about brawl so there might not be much hype around here for the feb 8th update by then.

Torchik

Smash Ace
I doubt that the last update will be a character update since he likes to do special moves and final smash updates on new characters. Perhaps a game mode or something like that. Yep, it's a shame that on Jan. 24th I'll have to leave the forums till Feb. 10th. There's no way I'm spoiling it for myself. ^_^

Top Bottom