• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: The official discussion thread!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm sorry but there is absolutely NO excuse for a character who has been confirmed for this long to have an unknown final smash.

Why do you guys think it's been delayed so long and what do you think it is?

Honestly, I think that, if Sheik is Zelda's down B again, just like swapping pokemon is Pokemon Trainer's Down B, then, just like pokemon trainer, Zelda and sheik will have the same final smash and it hasn't yet been revealed so as not to spoil the secret about whether or not sheik is still attached to zelda.

as for Final Smashes which could be the same for both, maybe something making use of the magical melodies from OoT?

Mod edit: This thread is the one you should all post your FS ideas in and discuss them. Please! ^_~

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
If we are talking OoT then it would be zelda/sheik playing the harp, causeing the respective elements attached to the songs to rise up and cause damage. i.e. she plays the song you get in OoTthat teleports you to the forest and causes a tornado to rip through the stage.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It could be something based on her TP seld, but I'm not sure what they would choose.

Perhaps a ZSS style transformation to Shiek? Still, that would probably nerf the attack...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It could be something based on her TP seld, but I'm not sure what they would choose.

Perhaps a ZSS style transformation to Shiek? Still, that would probably nerf the attack...
they wouldn't do that... it would take away Zamus's originality... just like they wouldn't ive sheik stamina and take away PT's originality

Zone

Smash Champion
Why hide shiek from us when we really wouldn't be surprised to see her? I think something else is being hid.

:034:

Smash Hero
Zelda uses her light arrows from the gannon horse back battle.

....?
Maybe. If Sakurai decides to follow game continuity that is. But if he'd do that - he would've given Link the Great Spin (or whatever it's called.. The final secret move in TP?).

Otherwise, I think it'd be funny if she'd go Puppet Zelda. Fly above everybody and bombard the stage with light magic, or swoop down and slash people with her sword.

Most likely it's something completly different that doesn't make sense but is still awesome.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I think her final smash should be summoning the Light Spirits. I just figure that light arrows would seem a little... weak, not to mention miss most of the time (I'd be runnin' like heck, that's for sure...). I don't want Sheik to be a final smash. It should be change whenever, or not at all.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Here here! *raps beer mug on table*

It's been 5 months!!
I mean it's been just as loing for metaknight, but he wasn't a vet... still.... with metaknight's FS recdently revealed, I don't expect another FS revealed for at least a week... unfortunate but we'll have to wait longer.

With the powerful magic that Zelda is capable of, especially using the triforce, I should hope we see a VERY powerful final smash... maybe only the Zelda form could use it... not the sheik form... IDK but depending on what it is, it might look weird coming from sheik... and the fact that you'd have to switch to Zelda to use it should make it even stronger

Drake3

Smash Ace
Metaknight's Profile was updated on September 5th
Zelda's was on June 25th.

Ok so I've also been deliberating this thought for ~5 minutes now and I think I'm prepared to argue it. If Sheik is indeed in the game then I want Zelda's Final Smash to be a Sheik transformation. You probably think I'm crazy but let's take a look:

Zelda grabs the smash ball, holds the Triforce of Wisdom up, begins glowing as part of the transformation and then suddenly disappears. One by one in slow motion,the opposing players get hit by something they can't see. After every character is hit they all get knocked off and the camera zooms in on the new arrival of Sheik. In this case, Zelda transforms into Sheik, Sheik performs the Final Smash attack and after the attack has been produced, the character will remain in Sheik form.

In the next case, Sheik grabs the smash ball, again holds the Trifoce of Wisdom up, transforms into Zelda with nice dramatic effects as it won't be necessary to rush it anymore, and Zelda performs the Final Smash attack. Zelda prays for the Light Spirits, they appear on screen, and everybody gives up on life. The player will remain as Zelda until the next Smash Ball appears.

Yes, it's remarkably similar to Samus/Zamus isn't it? But seeing the Mario/Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu/Sonic, Ike/Link Final Smashes leads me to believe that they can share similarities, but provide slightly altered effects.

Continuity issues aside *pats Circus* I think this would be a viable route for Zelda because this way we still have:

A) Zelda and Sheik as the same character
B) Two seperate characters that are linked through a Smash Ball
C) Both of them have complete movesets as well as unique Final Smashes.

Bring on the rebuttals. Possumpossumpossum.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Kirby - Profile June 7th, Final Smash Oct. 9th (more than 4 months, granted we did see his FS in the very first vid, but still)

Fox - Profile June 11th (and revealed earlier than that, even), Final Smash Oct. 4th (just under 4 months, or almost a year if you count that he was revealed in Nov. 2006)

Wario - Profile June 20th (Revealed May 2006 E3), no Final Smash (5 months and counting, a year and a half from when actually revealed)

Zero Suit Samus - Profile July 19th, no Final Smash (4 months and counting, year and a half from revealed)

Zelda - Profile June 25th, no Final Smash (5 months and counting)

Its not as though Zelda's the only one. Heck, technically Wario has it even worse than Zelda does. There's always a chance they're "hiding something", but its not as though thats the only possible explination. Maybe they just haven't gotten to it.

I really doubt they'd make her FS a transformation in itself. If Shiek is in, it'll be the same was it was in the past games. Besides, why would they want to take Samus / ZSS's unique aspect and give it away to another pair? And having them pair up to do the FS, ala Pokemon Trainer, is a bit wierd too, because they're the same person. Trainer can send out all 3, but Zelda / Shiek would have to transform mid-Smash. Half with one character, half with the other. Seems like it'd be ackward.

I'm thinking either a massive magic attack, or something to do with spririts, whether they be the light spirits, the 7 sages, or whatever.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Metaknight's Profile was updated on September 5th
Zelda's was on June 25th.

Ok so I've also been deliberating this thought for ~5 minutes now and I think I'm prepared to argue it. If Sheik is indeed in the game then I want Zelda's Final Smash to be a Sheik transformation. You probably think I'm crazy but let's take a look:

Zelda grabs the smash ball, holds the Triforce of Wisdom up, begins glowing as part of the transformation and then suddenly disappears. One by one in slow motion,the opposing players get hit by something they can't see. After every character is hit they all get knocked off and the camera zooms in on the new arrival of Sheik. In this case, Zelda transforms into Sheik, Sheik performs the Final Smash attack and after the attack has been produced, the character will remain in Sheik form.

In the next case, Sheik grabs the smash ball, again holds the Trifoce of Wisdom up, transforms into Zelda with nice dramatic effects as it won't be necessary to rush it anymore, and Zelda performs the Final Smash attack. Zelda prays for the Light Spirits, they appear on screen, and everybody gives up on life. The player will remain as Zelda until the next Smash Ball appears.

Yes, it's remarkably similar to Samus/Zamus isn't it? But seeing the Mario/Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu/Sonic, Ike/Link Final Smashes leads me to believe that they can share similarities, but provide slightly altered effects.

Continuity issues aside *pats Circus* I think this would be a viable route for Zelda because this way we still have:

A) Zelda and Sheik as the same character
B) Two seperate characters that are linked through a Smash Ball
C) Both of them have complete movesets as well as unique Final Smashes.

Bring on the rebuttals. Possumpossumpossum.
I like this idea A LOT.
It's solves most problems
Zelda has her own Down B
Sheik would get his own down B
Zelda gets her own final smash
Sheik gets his own final smash.
So people couldn't really complain about Zelda being cheated this time

I never wanted Sheik to return with Zelda in Brawl , but if this idea was to be implemented It'd be a little easier to handle. I'm still a little iffy about continuity issues , but that's just me being a Zelda fanatic.

it limits your control over the character somewhat by not being able to transform at will , but that shouldn't be much of a problem for people , should it? =S

Well done =]

Iris

Smash Ace
The other characters may also be unlucky in terms of final smashes, but when you pile special moves and the number of videos they're in and whether or not they were playable in the demo you realize that it's Zelda in particular with the most hidden aspects.

I just hope her Final Smash is something original and magic based that deals nice damage. I don't care much about the particulars.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Kirby - Profile June 7th, Final Smash Oct. 9th (more than 4 months, granted we did see his FS in the very first vid, but still)

Fox - Profile June 11th (and revealed earlier than that, even), Final Smash Oct. 4th (just under 4 months, or almost a year if you count that he was revealed in Nov. 2006)

Wario - Profile June 20th (Revealed May 2006 E3), no Final Smash (5 months and counting, a year and a half from when actually revealed)

Zero Suit Samus - Profile July 19th, no Final Smash (4 months and counting, year and a half from revealed)

Its not as though Zelda's the only one. Heck, technically Wario has it even worse than Zelda does. There's always a chance they're "hiding something", but its not as though thats the only possible explination. Maybe they just haven't gotten to it.

I really doubt they'd make her FS a transformation in itself. If Shiek is in, it'll be the same was it was in the past games. Besides, why would they want to take Samus / ZSS's unique aspect and give it away to another pair? And having them pair up to do the FS, ala Pokemon Trainer, is a bit wierd too, because they're the same person. Trainer can send out all 3, but Zelda / Shiek would have to transform mid-Smash. Half with one character, half with the other. Seems like it'd be ackward.

I'm thinking either a massive magic attack, or something to do with spririts, whether they be the light spirits, the 7 sages, or whatever.
even if not announced, we still know wario and ZSS's final smashes

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

Yeah but if you think about it, they all did get moveset updates. Unlike Zelda. Who's page is completely blank!

Stalinsays

Smash Rookie
I'd prefer a wholy original Zelda, with Shiek, if 'it' is in, as a seperate character. The two in one characters mechanic seems off to me (interupts the flow/zone you get in) and actually is a big reason I'll probably leave Samus unused. I played a lot of exclusive Zelda time in Melee and am looking forward to seeing her fleshed out as a solo character.

How about a powerful magic strike as a down B - something akin to Pikachu's down B.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

ZSamus does have a final smash, that changes her back into samus. Just so you guys know, it's just not shown on the site.

Here's your proof, I saw it posted on another thread here and I favourited the video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hGBo97sDpc
It's at 50 seconds :]

Iris

Smash Ace
At least Snake got a specials update along with many different gameplay videos. :(

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Haven't you people thought that Zelda should get up to date? I mean, Sheik didn't even appear in TP, and people say she should come back.

Edit: I read another thread saying that it doesn't matter if Sheik didn't appear in TP...

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
It does seem like a possibility that her final smash could have something to do with Sheik, which is why it is delayed. That would basically make my life.

Zone

Smash Champion
I personally don't care what her final smash is going to be. As long as it isn't as lame as PEaches. The only thing I wish to know is how her moves work and her physics. And what her Down+B is.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I personally don't care what her final smash is going to be. As long as it isn't as lame as PEaches. The only thing I wish to know is how her moves work and her physics. And what her Down+B is.
Soooo basically everything? <_<

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see something with the Sages, personally. Something like Rauru rains light down from the skies, Saria causes a hurricane of leaves to go from right to left, Darunia causes fire to erupt from the center of the stage, Ruto causes water geysers to erupt from the ground, Nabooru causes a sand storm to blow from left to right, and Impa causes a circle of shadow to keep the enemies from escaping the barrage of elemental attacks, causing a huge amount of damage to all. Zelda then glows briefly, and all the enemies are knocked away by time. That would be a nicely dramatic attack.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
might be cool.... but also very OoT... not representative of the entire series... but, then again, ooT is amazing. if there's sheik... who knows?

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
True, it is very OoT based. But, that is where most of her moves seemed to be based, and it is where she showed the most power, I believe. Perhaps ALttP based one with the maidens, or a TP one with Light Spirits. Of course, Light Arrows or Silver Arrows are also possible. But I'd rather see Zelda do a massive spell, and the sages seem the best way to accomplish that.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I'm scared it's going to be a Pit-ish Final Smash with a barrage of light arrows. Though Sakurai wouldn't reuse FS's... right?

I also highly doubt it would be a Sheik transformation in any way. Because again, it would be a recycle of Samus's with Samus's being the superior one. I mean seriously, what could Zelda possibly do to transform into Sheik that could be more awesome than a gigantic beam.

Personally I hope it'll have something to do with the Goddesses. They're mentioned in every (recent) Zelda game and are also a part of her special moveset anyway. It would be cool to see them incorporated somehow.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
She's the Sage of Time, right?
"ZA WARURDO!" Time freezes. She shoots light arrows at the enemies, but they freeze right before touching them. She then teleports offscreen, then comes back down atop a giant steam roller as Shiek, crushing everyone. She then delivers a rapid series of punches to the steamroller, eventually causing it to explode. Time then unfreezes, allowing the arrows to finish their flight, pelting the enemies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well... assuming that shiek returns as a Down+B would they have the same final smash? PT does and that's what his Down B does

Top Bottom