• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: The official discussion thread!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Maybe. If Sakurai decides to follow game continuity that is. But if he'd do that - he would've given Link the Great Spin (or whatever it's called.. The final secret move in TP?).
Great Spin (or whatever it's called) is void of Epicsauce or Pwnsauce.

that and it would be pretty stupid if he just did his B^ but sounded like he was constipated. for a final smash

"uuuuUUURRAAAGH!!"

But i think if Shiek is completely cut Light arrows = Bv

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
After the Ice Climber FS was announced, Zelda is now the only Veteran that hasn't had there's announced
What about Captain Falcon?
I know you meant CONFIRMED veterans, but you didn't specify that, which leaves me open to be a jerk

On-topic: I think it should either be light arrows or shooting 8 homing balls of magic (one for each sage), each with different color and effect.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
I know you meant CONFIRMED veterans, but you didn't specify that, which leaves me open to be a jerk

On-topic: I think it should either be light arrows or shooting 8 homing balls of magic (one for each sage), each with different color and effect.
I know because they always annouce the Final Smash before the acual character right?

Evil-Knuckles

Smash Rookie
hmm...

I think the most likely thing that will happen is that zelda will keep basicaly the same move set including her ability to transform and that the smash depends on the character eg: big magical attack for zelda and a series of cool looking fast attacks for shiek. On the other hand the only game to involve shiek as far as I know was Oot. Both Zelda and link are now Tp versions and Shiek was nowhere to be seen in the game. The biggest Issue is the fact that very little has been reveald about Zelda and that they could have made Zelda a single character and that ZSS took place of Shiek. But then again maybe not since that would be a drastic change from the melee version.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I think the most likely thing that will happen is that zelda will keep basicaly the same move set including her ability to transform and that the smash depends on the character eg: big magical attack for zelda and a series of cool looking fast attacks for shiek. On the other hand the only game to involve shiek as far as I know was Oot. Both Zelda and link are now Tp versions and Shiek was nowhere to be seen in the game. The biggest Issue is the fact that very little has been reveald about Zelda and that they could have made Zelda a single character and that ZSS took place of Shiek. But then again maybe not since that would be a drastic change from the melee version.
you forgot one game which contained sheik: SSB:M

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, too many Zelda FS threads. I'm making this the official one, whether you like it or not ^_^ *makes official*

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

Actually, if you wanted to be a jerk, you should have said jigglypuff, she's back and it's proven already.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this could work, considering this Zelda is supposed to be the Twilight Princess Zelda, but here's my idea anyway.

Remember A Link to the Past? Ganon trapped Zelda and 6 other maidens inside of crystals, and Link had to rescue them all in the Dark World. Then you go to Ganon's Tower, and the power of the crystals breaks the barrier and opens a path inside.

Well, for Zelda's FS, why not use those crystals? When you activate it, a crystal envelops Zelda, much like her Nayru's Love move, and she automatically moves to the center of the stage, in the air. She is invulnerable during the FS. Then, the other 6 crystals will appear from Zelda, about 1/3 the size of Zelda's crystal, and they'll fly around the stage quickly and wildly. Imagine 6 tiny Super Sonics zooming around randomly, but with much less power and knockback, and that would be this FS.

The only thing your opponents can do is avoid the crystals and try to survive until the FS ends. I imagine it would be difficult to keep from getting hit. It would last for about 7 seconds, and then Zelda would descend to the stage, still in the protective crystal, while the other 6 come back to her, and then the FS is over.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ok, too many Zelda FS threads. I'm making this the official one, whether you like it or not ^_^ *makes official*
completely okay with it.

on topic, though, I think that, to avoid contradictions they will give zelda a final smash that is not Game specific... it will probably involve owning people in some way with the triforce of wisdom... sheik's would have to be the same, otherwise... wait

it would be way cool if maybe Zelda's FS was strategic/defensive and sheik's was offensive... that way... well... nevermind.... 2 FSs that you can choose between is a bit unfair

Drake3

Smash Ace
Hmm after watching that youtube vid of OoT, I gotta say it's probably going to do something with the Triforce on her hand. Link's already does and Ganondorf's probably will too.

For the record I don't think Zelda and Sheik will have the same Final Smash. The three Pokémon of the Pokémon Trainer share a Final Smash because they are all shown under the name Pokémon Trainer, and they all share the same profile on the Dojo. Samus and Zero Suit Samus have different names, different profiles and thus different Final Smashes. Zelda and Sheik, even if they still transform into one another, would still have seperate Final Smashes.

Hmm after watching that youtube vid of OoT, I gotta say it's probably going to do something with the Triforce on her hand. Link's already does and Ganondorf's probably will too.
Ganondorf seems more suited for a Ganon transformation.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
I mean it's been just as loing for metaknight, but he wasn't a vet... still.... with metaknight's FS recdently revealed, I don't expect another FS revealed for at least a week... unfortunate but we'll have to wait longer.

With the powerful magic that Zelda is capable of, especially using the triforce, I should hope we see a VERY powerful final smash... maybe only the Zelda form could use it... not the sheik form... IDK but depending on what it is, it might look weird coming from sheik... and the fact that you'd have to switch to Zelda to use it should make it even stronger
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't know, if sheik is a part/counterpart of zelda with different attacks/abilities im sure she would have a differnt fs? wouldn't she?

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
it would be way cool if maybe Zelda's FS was strategic/defensive and sheik's was offensive... that way... well... nevermind.... 2 FSs that you can choose between is a bit unfair
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for dbble post.

but, well i don't think it would be either but if she is with her im sure they would have too considering that they are 2 very differnt people, and also have different movesets. although the PT has different ones, it is pokemon after all and you have to swtich with zelda/sheik you don't if thats how it is so, lets say when you do get the final smash with sheik it won't let you change back to zelda unless you use it because it wouldn't be fair. :D good idae?

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
A cool FS for Zelda would be the Triforce of Wisdom, would be she does the move, it kills the person with least amount of damage taken immediately, but deals some damage to Zelda herself. I'd like that, even with being damaged. :p

But if it were Sheik, he uses it, he pulls out his harp, and plays a song. 10 blasts from the sky come down and hit everyone, doing some damage. *However much, it doesn't matter to me*

But Sheik and Zelda shouldn't have the same FS if they are putting Sheik in.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Another FS that isn't Zelda's. Unhappy levels are rising.
Have to agree with you on that one. At least pretty soon Sakurai has no choice but to show it.

As for her actual FS anything with magic, goddesses, or light arrows sounds good to me. No alter ego transformation please.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Sheik transformation seems likely...

And there are endless possiblities with FSs from various zelda games...

Or they could make something completely new like they did for Link...

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
The only Final Smashes yet to be revealed are for Snake, Zero-Suit Samus, Sonic, and Zelda.
If you think about it, if Sakurai sticks to his 1 to 2 Final Smash Updates a week, we should know Zelda's Final Smash by the end of the year.

I know that doesn't sound to comforting and the idea does have a rocky basis. I mean, if there is another character update (if ever) or if he stops updating Final Smashes even for a week then there will be something we have to worry about. That and he might not even want to update Zelda.

But that won't happen. Optimism and Patience are key.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Here's how I'd like it to play out.
Nayru's Love gets shifted to Bv and the Light Bow & Arrow from TP is Zelda's new B move. Zelda' FS is taking out a sword and summoning the triforce damage field like she does in TP.

As for Sheik, totally separate character. The new Bv is Deku Nut which acts exactly like the item that's supposed to be in Brawl. FS is Sage Hold. Sheik becomes OoT Zelda. Would look exactly like Zelda did in Melee, but graphically enhanced and then use that move Zelda did to hold Ganondorf. Would work like a horizontal Sacred Fire.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Nayru's Love gets shifted to Bv and the Light Bow & Arrow from TP is Zelda's new B move. Zelda' FS is taking out a sword and summoning the triforce damage field like she does in TP.

As for Sheik, totally separate character. The new Bv is Deku Nut which acts exactly like the item that's supposed to be in Brawl. FS is Sage Hold. Sheik becomes OoT Zelda. Would look exactly like Zelda did in Melee, but graphically enhanced and then use that move Zelda did to hold Ganondorf. Would work like a horizontal Sacred Fire.
The first idea is a very generic. Of course, it's not a bad one, but a common one.

The second idea, however, doesn't seem as good. I'd rather just have them together... Yeah.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964

The second idea is even more illogical than having Zelda and Sheik together in Brawl.

OOT's re-design is basically in Brawl, and since Zelda uses the same goddess' spells from Melee, it would confuse people easily.

Brawl's Melee costume + goddess' spell= Melee Zelda with a graphical update.

I don't know. It seems confusing =S

If Sheik were to be a separate character, I'd much rather her to be given a separate down B + final smash that did not include Zelda. Although, I feel there are many Zelda characters that should be more deserving of a character slot than Sheik, even if she was in Melee.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Zero Suit Samus - Profile July 19th, no Final Smash (4 months and counting, year and a half from revealed)
Her Final Smash has been reveiled... All that happens is she glows and her suit appears through around her through thin air and she wears it... Though when I saw the movie she started with a Orange suit then ended up with a Blue...

Anyway I think Zelda's final smash might be like Lucas's Light Arrows rain down from the sky, weaker but much faster and much more arrows...

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Wind waker style light arrows - The only guaranteed instant kill move in the game.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
I dont know but i'd love to see her with a new projectile! maybe lightning balls or her arrows. they need to make her a badass magic user.

I suspect her fs would be her original moves but powered up god like or be in similarity with yoshi where she gets upgrades and then losses them, like her arrows.

as for sheiks I think her fs will be her original moves but laced with magic . imagine a needle hits your target and then explodes. a lightning wip, teleportation that leaves a hole in the wall, and in your gut.

but this again could be said about Zelda's fs. all I know is it better be tight cus she is my main :)

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
sheik transformation should not be a fs. considering the delay the idea of sheik becoming a FS is unlikely because they still dont have her down b move

upex

Smash Cadet
She pulls out the 6 medalions and they circle around an opponent and the sages appear and deal damage. Not very spectacular but it could be cool

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf seems more suited for a Ganon transformation.
Which relates to his Triforce of Power :grin:. In OoT, he uses it to transform into Ganon. In TP... uhh... well, I'm not sure. It was really hard to tell. He was all shadowy and stuff.

In OoT, Shiek used the Triforce of Wisdom to change back into Zelda, from which it could be determined she used the Triforce to change into Shiek as well.

Link has an uber Final Smash that uses his Triforce piece, soo...

All together, that makes for each LoZ character using their Triforce Piece as a Final Smash. Not bad, eh?

(Really, Link's Final Smash IS uber. It could easily be called the single most powerful Final Smash in the demo. Not only can it KO someone by itself, it also doubles as a recovery move! Gimpyfish (did I spell that right?) recounted a story of how someone used Link's Final Smash after being knocked off, and Link zoomed right over and Ko'd the sucker. Ouch.)

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Sage of Time

(Note: No idea if this has been posted before, it probably has, but i'll roll with it the best i can)

I know that this isnt exactly cannon to the design of Zelda and my idea could be dependant on Zelda being a sage in any other zelda games ~

In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Princess Zelda was essentially THE Sage of Time. Taking this 'aspect' of her character, there could be a foundation for a final smash.

Much in the style of Peach, Zelda's final smash would not be brutally damaging persay. We all know Zelda is a slow character in terms of movement around the battlefield and keeping in theme the Sage of Time idea mine is this-

Zelda distorts the flow of time, slowing down the opponents and the environment around her (including items, hazards and any background animations. This has been proven possible on enemies with the stopwatch item, so it isnt completely out of the question)

This, in turn would help counter her slowness on the battlefield. Of course this might strike up issues of being a little too similar to Peaches final smash, however the key difference would be that Zelda's is completely inescapable, leaving Zelda free to pound into her opponents like theres no tomorrow, with little threat of serious retaliation.

Is it overpowered? HELL YEAH! (although this could be dependant on the duration of the time-distortion).

Extra Details: During the Final Smash, the environment's colour would be completely washed out, and set to greyscale, bar the characters themselves (this is a hint towards Hyrule at the bottom of the ocean in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, helping to incorporate at least something from Wind Waker).

Now during the final smash, theres the issue of knockback on attacks. This would be a double edged sword to help balance out the final smash. During this, Zelda's attacks would have NO KNOCKBACK whatsoever. Each attack would affect the enemy much like Fox's lazers in Melee.
This ensures that it will still require skill (regardless of how little) to finish the opponent after the smash's effects have worn off, as a KO could only be achieved then.

What would this mean for items? Same deal. Crates would be un-breakable, stopping Zelda from acquiring items from crates. As well as this, items would not be able to be picked up or caught, keeping in tune with the 'no items during your final smash' thing thats been popular in brawl (there are exceptions, but overall this seems to be a standard so far).

So sorry if this was a little big, i got carried away. :laugh:

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
(Note: No idea if this has been posted before, it probably has, but i'll roll with it the best i can)

I know that this isnt exactly cannon to the design of Zelda and my idea could be dependant on Zelda being a sage in any other zelda games ~

In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Princess Zelda was essentially THE Sage of Time. Taking this 'aspect' of her character, there could be a foundation for a final smash.

Much in the style of Peach, Zelda's final smash would not be brutally damaging persay. We all know Zelda is a slow character in terms of movement around the battlefield and keeping in theme the Sage of Time idea mine is this-

Zelda distorts the flow of time, slowing down the opponents and the environment around her (including items, hazards and any background animations. This has been proven possible on enemies with the stopwatch item, so it isnt completely out of the question)

This, in turn would help counter her slowness on the battlefield. Of course this might strike up issues of being a little too similar to Peaches final smash, however the key difference would be that Zelda's is completely inescapable, leaving Zelda free to pound into her opponents like theres no tomorrow, with little threat of serious retaliation.

Is it overpowered? HELL YEAH! (although this could be dependant on the duration of the time-distortion).

Extra Details: During the Final Smash, the environment's colour would be completely washed out, and set to greyscale, bar the characters themselves (this is a hint towards Hyrule at the bottom of the ocean in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, helping to incorporate at least something from Wind Waker).

Now during the final smash, theres the issue of knockback on attacks. This would be a double edged sword to help balance out the final smash. During this, Zelda's attacks would have NO KNOCKBACK whatsoever. Each attack would affect the enemy much like Fox's lazers in Melee.
This ensures that it will still require skill (regardless of how little) to finish the opponent after the smash's effects have worn off, as a KO could only be achieved then.

What would this mean for items? Same deal. Crates would be un-breakable, stopping Zelda from acquiring items from crates. As well as this, items would not be able to be picked up or caught, keeping in tune with the 'no items during your final smash' thing thats been popular in brawl (there are exceptions, but overall this seems to be a standard so far).

So sorry if this was a little big, i got carried away. :laugh:
Very clever. I'm not too sure if it's been brought up before, but hey, what's wrong with a little repetition. I have to say, this was actually one of the Final Smash ideas for Zelda that I actually like. I'm not sure if I'd be able to incorporate it well, but like Zelda, it would take some time to actually master.

BTW, what is this stopwatch item you mention?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Very clever. I'm not too sure if it's been brought up before, but hey, what's wrong with a little repetition. I have to say, this was actually one of the Final Smash ideas for Zelda that I actually like. I'm not sure if I'd be able to incorporate it well, but like Zelda, it would take some time to actually master.

BTW, what is this stopwatch item you mention?

Thank you very much :) i'm a Zelda main, and i always visit the Zelda boards, but i never post. The thing ive always found about Zelda is to be effective with her, you need to know your enemy and in general, practice more than you need to with other characters. But in the end the results are always worth it. was my partly my inspiration for this FS idea.

Anyway, to your question.

the Stopwatch is an item that was confirmed at Jumpfiesta and Japanese Forums, there is/was a discussion about it in one of the threads in General Discussion, i'll bring up a link.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134394

Taken from the first post~ "Timer/Clock - Slows your opponents down, but it will sometimes flub like the hammer, and if that happens, YOU will slow down instead. So it's like grabbing "dynamite"! "

there we go! This will deffinately become one of my favourite items. :grin:

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
What if her FS was completely unique:
When you do your next Up+B, it casts Faroe's wind like in Ocarina of Time, where it casts a warp point, to which you shall return upon Up+B the next time you use it.
When you do your next B, you take no percent damage for a time, but still take knockback (like in Ocarina of Time).
When you do you next side B, fire engulfs Zelda in the same way Link used Din's Fire in Ocarina of Time.

Yes, you would get to use all three. One for recovery, one for defense, one of offense.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Cool idea. Equally as unlikely as most of our ideas, but it's still really interesting. Good work.

Top Bottom