• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: Mario vs. Link vs. Pikachu vs. Bowser (vs. Unconfirmed)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Out of the Final Smashes we've seen so far, who's do you think will be the best?

We have Mario, who unleashes energy that shoots across the entire stage to damage all enemies, and we have Link's. It seems like Link actually has to hit somebody with his in order to activate it.

Then of course, there's Samus's possible final smash, where she just releases a freaking huge power beam. There's also Kirby's possible final smash, which is cooking someone in a large pot, and Wario's possible final smash, which is a nuclear fart.

I'm thinking Link's final smash will do way more damage and have huge send, but Mario's/Samus's will be easier to hit characters with.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Link's is the superior. Has the flash and the effect, but sounds pretty easy to avoid (DODGE THE TRIFORCE). We can't say what we saw in the trailer was Samus' final, because that was just an intro to Zamus imho. And we don't have the details on Kirby's yet.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Toasty! thinks Wario and Kirby are the pwnsause.

But what if Wario eats the meal Kirby prepares? Or what if Kirby eats Wario? Wario is too much for Kirby. Kirby go night-night.

lmao

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Mario's final smash is definitely amazing, especially in a free-for-all. Though, I feel that in a 1v1, the amount of range it has is wasted (also situational, of course).

Assuming that you have to press the B button ("special moves") after acquiring a smashball, Link's final smash can be combo'ed into (also assuming that there's no cut-scene), and would therefore be much more devastating than Mario's.

But, that's just speculation. :3

Shuma

Smash Hero
If Samus's Kamehameha is a Final Smash, then... who could escape that?

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
If Samus's Kamehameha is a Final Smash, then... who could escape that?
Well, it is an horizontal beam, and Samus looks like she needs to be in the ground to unleash it. Therefore, changing platforms would probably be enough. Of course, in a FD-like stage, that has to hurt. Except if you play peach or jiggs. Pink people don't need no stinkin' ground :p. Edge tricks could probably save your bacon too.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
I could see it pausing for Link or Kirby, since they'll only hit one person (assuming a bit)... but Mario's, it would just be awkward.

Either it never pauses the game, or it will perhaps be similar to what they do in the Naruto fighting games, if you've ever played them.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mario's would be best in a free for all, but it doesn't seem to have KO ability. Thus, in an actual duel it would be good for racking up, say, 30-50%, while Link's, if it does hit ( success depending very much on how quickly it's executed ) can actually rack up damage AND KO.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Honestly, Links looks far more dangerous than Mario's does. Mario's final smash seems to be the equivalent of Entei (does a fair bit of damage over a large area, but no KO'ing potential), while Link seems more like Lugia (racks up damage and can KO). Depending on how easy it is to hit with the triforce (if it is avoidable), it could be that Link is practically given a free kill when he picks up the orb.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
^ Intelligent post...
I think Mario's looked pretty much total anihilation to everyone, whereas Link targets one person. I think Mario's.
According to Sakurai's description, more than one person could be trapped and annihilated.

Link dashes into the fray! Enemies are trapped by the Triforce.

Why does everyone think that when a final smash attack is used that it will pause the game?
No one on this topic said anything about that. Besides, in general most people here do not want any pausing when executing final smashes.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed a Smash Ball. XD

Of course, almost every argument given here is rendered nigh-pointless by one simple fact: we have no idea how Final Smashes work yet. Well, I suppose we have a slight idea. But honestly, for Link's Final Smash... Is the Triforce avoidable? Is there an initial strike to start the combo? If so, can the Triforce be DI'd away from after the first hit, making it much more difficult to actually initiate? Does it cut-scene or pause? We really have no flippin' idea.

Also, for Samus... I'm not sure if that's a Final Smash at all, or just an introduction for Zamus for eye-candy in a trailer.

copper90

Smash Apprentice
Mario's - good for anything but singles matches
Link - amazing for single, when you catch them in that, you have nothing to worry about.

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i think marios will be good in singles. imagine jumping off right below the stage and doing it to a recovering player so it hits right after their second jump. or it just pushing people off the stage in general.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
My guess is that Samus's is, in fact, a huge beam. I mean, I can't really think of another one that she'd use.

Has anyone here ever played Jump Ultimate Stars for the Nintendo DS? Each character in that game (which is pseudo-similar to Smash) has their own specials, sort of like the Final Smashes. One character, Ichigo from Bleach, has a special VERY similar to Link's. He dashes upwards, and if he collides with a character, that character is trapped in a huge slash-fest.

Then there are people like Goku who literally perform a huge Kamehameha wave that can hit multiple opponents... In my personal opinion, the Kamehameha wave is a better tactic, because even if the player sees it coming, there's little opportunity to escape, whereas with Ichigo, you'd have to actually hit the character. I can imagine being about to dodge Link's Final Smash pretty easily, of course it would probably do a lot more damage than Mario's.

~Dac

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
I think Mario's will have some uses in 1 v 1. Edguarding for one. And of course, number two would be the mindgames factor. Any second, Mario will unleash a can of whoop-*** on you. So there'll probably bee some fake-outs to try to psych the opponent into dodging or trying to avoid it.
Link's looks more combo-able (if that makes sense). Link's could be used to finish off a player that was just combo'd to a relatively low percent. Say Link combo's the other player to around 70%. Normally that isn't enough to KO them. But activate the Final Smash at the end of the combo, or when they try to retaliate, you could rack up the damage.
All in all, Link's looks more effective (and cooler) IMO.

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
let's see:
Mario's: hits everyone
Links: hits one person
hitting everyone is far better, KO or not. it looks to give them eno0ugh damage that a tilt could easy connquer.
Mario: 1 Link: 0

Mario's: covers massive range, making it appear hard to dodge
Link's: covers vastly less range, looks easy to avoid considering the dash
range=pwnage
Mario: 2 Link: 0

Mario: throws fire
Link: sword slashes
I've seen too many sword slashes in my life. however, I have yet to finish readuing: 1001 different fire formations.
Mario: 3 Link: 0

and, Link's looks like it might give more damage to an individual, but Mario's looks like it would put more on the 'damage given' scale that appears under your end-of-match stats, so kudos to both of them

THE END RESULT:
Mario: 4 Link: 1
clearly, Link's FS in inferior to Mario's

Mario wins.
there's your sign.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
by the looks of Link's Final Smash, it seems almost as if it only damages the enemy alot but does not "send them flying", so in other words, mario's final smash definatly outranks Link's, there's more range (the whole thing in fact), more kills, perhaps less damage, but u can get damage on the opponate through other ways.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Ha, you must count in the fact that Link's can actually KO, and that damaging everyone without KOing them might simply end in a Fox stealing your kill.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It also says that if you get hit 'there is little hope for you'. Not to mentionthat in the final screen shot Wario is clearly sent flying. The final hit definitely has some oompf to it.

And we don't know how accurate it is the triforce is. We know Mario's is avoidable, but for all we know the triforce actually locks on to a target.

soaz

Smash Ace
Links kill the enemy just like that they say on the site that if you hit a wall directly after getting hit by the final smash you MIGHT have a chance of surviving.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure about a lock-on. Perhaps, but only a slight lock-on, where Link dashes towards someone close to him. And perhaps with some crazy timing, you can dodge a few of the Triforce slashes. Sakurai seems to give the notion that you CAN avoid these attacks, but it's not easy.

You could be saved by the "whimsical support ghost". :)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
let's see:
hitting everyone is far better, KO or not. it looks to give them eno0ugh damage that a tilt could easy connquer.

range=pwnage

I've seen too many sword slashes in my life. however, I have yet to finish readuing: 1001 different fire formations.

and, Link's looks like it might give more damage to an individual, but Mario's looks like it would put more on the 'damage given' scale that appears under your end-of-match stats, so kudos to both of them

THE END RESULT:

Mario wins.
there's your sign.

There are four major problems with this:

1. Link's can possibly hit more than one person; it says this on Smash Dojo.

2. Mario's isn't so much "fire" as it is red energy. This can be debated, but either way, is fire really cooler than swords? What happens if Roy gets a Final Smash that combines fire AND swords? Will your head explode?

3. This is more of a suggestion: Spellcheck?

4. We can NOT start using "FS" to mean Final Smash. It already means Forward-Smash, and therefore can not be used. Why not try something creative like: Brilliantly Awesome Crazy Over-powered Nuclear-attack - or - B.A.C.O.N.

~Dac

Eaode

Smash Champion
We can NOT start using "FS" to mean Final Smash. It already means Forward-Smash, and therefore can not be used. Why not try something creative like: Brilliantly Awesome Crazy Over-powered Nuclear-attack - or - B.A.C.O.N.
^^ that would be the Brilliantly Awesome Combo Of eNhiallation.

Oh, and SUPPORT GHOST FTW!!!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Brillaintly Awesome Combo Of Neutralization: Beware, It Totally Stings

B.A.C.O.N. B.I.T.S.

~Dac

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
let's see:

range=pwnage

THE END RESULT:

Mario wins.
there's your sign.
First, Link's could attack more than one target. And I quote: "Link dashes into the fray! Enemies are trapped by the Triforce." Enemies. as in more than one. Marios obviously will attack more than one target. But Link's may do so as well.
Mario: 1 Link: 1

Second, I will concede that Mario's range gives him an advantage over Link's in a free for all. But in a 1 v 1 situation, Link's comboing Final Smash would probably be more effective than one huge blast. But i'll give Mario the point on this one.
Mario: 2 Link: 1

I for one am tired of seeing Dragonball-esqe superblasts go flying across the screen. Link kicking butt with the Master Sword is 10 times more original.
Mario: 2 Link: 2

As for damage, that'd go to both of them. Really can't say as of now which is more powerful. I agree, a point to each. Perhaps more importantly is knockback. In the first trailer, Mario's Final Smash sends the characters flying slightly upwards. Granted this may be because they were at low damages, but still, the characters don't fly away. Link's attack sends them away with a "finishing strike". Wario can be seen shooting away in smoke. Point to Link.
Mario: 2 Link: 3

Clearly, it can go either way. You say Mario, I say Link. We really haven't seen enough of the attacks in action to make a judgement on which is inferior. Right now we have screenshots, and that can let us speculate and say which one is "cooler". The only way this arguement can be truely settled would be a video of the Final Smashes in action, or until Brawl comes out.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Wow, so now we have Pikachu to throw in the mix. This Final Smash definitely seems... Different.

Now you transform into a ball of light, and flash across the screen to hit enemies. I assume the "flashing" across the screen will be pretty **** fast, so if you're good at controlling Pikachu's B.A.C.O.N., then you'll be able hit a lot of people with it.

Of course, he made it sound like it's a bit difficult to control. Maybe it's something like Yoshi's Egg, only Aerial, as well.

Either way, this whole time, we were thinking Samus was the transforming character; it was Pikachu all along!!

~Dac

Fawriel

Smash Master
This opens the door for Final Smashes that are nothing like the first ones we saw... like Bowser transforming into Giga Bowser or some character gaining extreme weight for a while or something!

Anyway, Pikachu's owns all.
BAHH. Body-encompassing Aerial High-Speed Hammer. Boom.

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
Volt Tackle has the advantage of maneuverability .

Imagine: Mario unleashes the Mario Finale just as Pikachu does Volt Tackle. Pikachu flies over Mario's tidal wave of fire, then zips over to him and r*pes his arse to high heaven. Or say the same thing happens against Link. Link would dash forward with the Triforce Slash but hit nothing but air, because Pikachu would already be Volt Tackling across the sky to attack Link from behind. That's some fine pawnage right there, folks.

- Neiteio

Dacvak

Smash Ace
That's something I hadn't considered... Do you think the Final Smashes will make the characters temporarily invinvible? It'll probably do that for Pikachu, but what about Mario? I mean, couldn't someone just sneak up behind him and poke him to cancel his attack?

If Link and Mario aren't invincible during their Final Smashes, I'm saying Pikachu has the biggest advantage so far.

~Dac

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
I've got to say that Pikachu's looks the best so far. It seems the only disadvantage it has is it's speed, which is also a good thing. I can't see it being faster than Quick Attack, and you can control that though.

Meh, we'll know everything within the year, -Oath

PS: If Pikachu's BACON is **** from the sky, then what will Jigglypuff's be? o.0

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Lol, Jigglypuff's BACON will be this:

He'll get HUGE, like, EPIC-LY huge. 5 times bigger than Snorlax, huge. In fact, he'll cover the entire screen, including all the characters. Then you control him like normal, the only problem is all of your moves have been disabled.

... Except Down-B. >=D

~Dac

Top Bottom