• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final?! Mass Madness 17 - Oct 3rd-4th - Framingham, MA - - Melee/Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn

Smash Master
is this still August 1st/2nd?

If not this needs date now. :D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
matt, is there any way you can delay this until the week after? I'm going to go to CTCon and i'd like to go to this as well.
if it is the weekend after it would really help finalizing my travel plans.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Not the week of CTcon the date is under construction. I'll hold a smashfest the weekend before Game Unicon for everybody.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
If this happens at least 5 kids from new hampshire would come to it.

That would be 3 more than have ever been at a tournament at the same time before

minus one exception

so hopefully this happens before summer's end?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
NH used to rep these a long time ago, before Skler and Pine and PurpleCobra disappeared... I miss them.

Matt, have you asked Jamie to change the date? If it can't be changed, I'll run it, it'll just be smaller.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
really?

i had no idea there was anyone else from nh, i had heard of skler and i think we were at the same esticle once but thats it. learn something new every day.

what are the chances this happens before the end of august? i really wanna make it to this but if its past then i'm in PA for school :(

Skler

Smash Master
I'm going to the Matt.smashfest, I was just hoping for an earlier tournament to get back into the groove, yo. It's been a while since I FJ naired into DJ nair.

The Irish Mafia

NOT IN THIS MARKET I'M NOT

lol it's going good
genesis was the greatest thing since someone wrote the word "epic" down on paper
MM? I've been working with peach enough to say I think I can beat your marth with her

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
NOT IN THIS MARKET I'M NOT

lol it's going good
genesis was the greatest thing since someone wrote the word "epic" down on paper
MM? I've been working with peach enough to say I think I can beat your marth with her
THEN GET OUT OF THE MARKET... wait what? :dizzy:

Meh, I'm spending a lot of dough on my truck lately. As for a MM we'll have to see if I have the excess when next we play. :(

As for the Marth vs. Peach, I'm comfortable in the match-up so I'll play you whether it's for money or not. Oh what am I saying? You're one of my rivals. We are going to play reguardless. :chuckle:

Genesis was epic from what I heard. What, like 250 entrants? cripes.

i'm working on improving myself, though it's going slower than I hoped cause I haven't played anyone better than me since the 1st. More Life Johns, as well as some Truck Johns. :urg:

I have taken the chainthrowing that your Marth showed me and altered it to suit my needs, though I doubt that I could beat you in a ditto just yet. We are (or were) similar in tech ability, but you are able to go to more tournies, or at least play better people more often.

What you have is experience, and faster reaction times too, unless I miss read something when I analyzed your playstyle.

*EDIT* hey are you going to the CTconn??

double EDIT. heeeyyyy... melee isn't in the listed tournies! D=

http://connecticon.org/index.php?sec=events&sub=tournament_console

The Irish Mafia

Yeah, we'll be playing regardless. We should get it down on tape this time if SPIFE LETS ME USE IT THIS TIME

AND MY DAD DOESN'T MAKE ME GO LIKE 5 HOURS EARLY
GOD**** I'M YOUNG

As for marth dittoes, yeah, the chain throwing isn't something I'd really recomend. Just a little bit of low percent stage control before going into uthrow-uair/doublefair. Really what happened was I got the gimp first. and believe me, my reaction times are shiet.

If you want some good practice, take the hike up to GU this friday. The weekly smashfests are getting hottt

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Yeah, we'll be playing regardless. We should get it down on tape this time if SPIFE LETS ME USE IT THIS TIME
lolz... where is Spife anyways? Thought for sure he would've posted in here by now...

AND MY DAD DOESN'T MAKE ME GO LIKE 5 HOURS EARLY
GOD**** I'M YOUNG
:p told'ja. Just wait. you'll wish you were 15 again. seriously.

As for marth dittoes, yeah, the chain throwing isn't something I'd really recomend. Just a little bit of low percent stage control before going into uthrow-uair/doublefair. Really what happened was I got the gimp first. and believe me, my reaction times are shiet.
Chainthrowing is good up to 7% or so, then it can be evaded. As you said, U-throwing for a combo is a better idea. Trust me, I explored chainthrowing extensivly lol. Marth ***** himself (*Shudders at the mental image that conjures up...*) if one playstyle is inferior to the other. True on the gimps, and if you're reaction times are "shiet", what does that make mine? lol ;P it's okay. I'm still working on it. if one person can do it, than another can too. besides, I'm going to learn Sheik to deal with Marth lol...

If you want some good practice, take the hike up to GU this friday. The weekly smashfests are getting hottt
You're saying this assuming that I'll know where it is? rotfl. I'm trying to get time to play Flaco and/or Roman sometime this week. I hope anyways.

Oh, and my friend from Maine was down earlier this month. I have a few new vids. Check them out and comment? (Don't mind the Marth one. I was sandbagging till he actually started WINNING. C. Falcon matches are semi sexy lol.)

Spife

Smash Master
Found it, thanks gusy!

yeah this time lets get a set up and record at it before tourny and don't listen to me if i say otherwise :D I need to warm up for tournies anyway

Also, I wonder if Banks is gonna go (you're welcome buddeh!)

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Marth dittos are a test of who has better DI and chase skills. They're also really really dumb.

Hey Spife, we should play at this because we haven't played in a long time.

Also, **** CTcon, just come to this.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Barely getting internet in China now...

Just posting to say that Spife is going to win the low tier melee tournament.

And I'll try to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom