• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, to start off Unvote: Kevin. I had forgotten to do that and voting is a pain in thw *** on my phone for using tags and whatnot. Anyways, that was an RVS vote that stayed through, because of lack of PC access.

Moving right along, Omni to me seems different than his play in MegaMafia. Today he was confirmed as being a townie, so the difference in playstyle Hando pointed out is in fact true. Ronike pointed it out before I could, but the CC thing he said definitely sticks out. It's like he wants someone to counter claim him, so that's a red flag for sure. Then as he also said the idea of a safe claim is also heavily viable. Tom did this in Disney and Omni used it there. He was eager to claim then, so the action carries over here. Then, I don't like his arguing with Kevin at all. I do admit Kevin's being rather abrasive to agg him on. It's working, that's for sure. Chill was accurate in what he said, also. Apparently this play is common for Kevin, so he's definitely leaning town.

I'm going to look into more people in a bit, just wanted to get the more Omni thoughts out.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'll reread your wall of text later Ronike.

You're seriously barking up the wrong tree. Stop wasting my time.

Omni

BRoomer
And it seems a tad off to me. First off, though I haven't played FFVII, I do know that it was important for Aerith to be dead, so I would not be surprised at all if she was missing from the game. Second, the "Any CC's?" gives me a bad vibe. Why not just leave it off? It just seems out of place to me. Third, this whole thing:
It's not important for Aerith to be dead. Zack, the person who was dead pregame, came into the series of Final Fantasy 7 dead while Aerith was alive. She's alive in pretty much almost all of the games except midgame FF7 and the FF7 Advent Children. Regardless, you're lack of knowledge mixed with an attempt to still metagame is insulting to everyone else who has any kind of knowledge of FF7. You're just making a very uneducated guess.

How does, "Any CC's?" give off bad vibes? Why not just leave it on. It seems like it's in the right place to me. Gee, see what I did there? You're asking these small questions yet you're not making any mention as to why it would be scummy Just that it gives you "bad vibes".

A few things, why didn't you say this with your roleclaim, and why did you feel the need to explain it? Almost like you are making things up as you go... So I agree with Marshy, it seems like Tom may have given safe CC's to the scum, of which Omni is a part of.
Because it's only flavor and it can only be left when I'm dead. Again, you haven't played any of the Final Fantasy's so you don't even know what a life stream is. It is implied that any gift from a life stream is a gift from the dead/planet if you were knowledgable about the game. Tom could have given us safe CC's, but that doesn't make your argument against me angry stronger.

My second major point is the whole "I've never claimed to be good, Kevin is just trying to make me look bad!" thing. Its irritating, especially because so many of your posts you make yourself sound like you are the best!
Wrong. I'm being myself. Confident, nonchalant, passive aggressive. I'll waver from being assholish from time to time, but in no way am I implying that I am amazing at Mafia games. My confidence comes from my firm knowledge that I am town therefore I am not hiding anything when I speak. However, it seems even if I speak truthfully my words can still be twisted to seem "scummy". Kinda' like what you're trying to portray at this moment.

First off, I took special care to read the original post where Hando called you that, and he wasn't saying a normal Omni town, he was saying that you didn't sound like a normal town, Omni. Which you don't. Stop trying to twist the words. Second, that's not even a good point anyways! Just because we don't know you are town in another game, doesn't mean we can't tell when you are acting in the town's best interest and when you aren't. And this is one where you aren't acting in our interest. So stop trying to say that this is a good point that everyone is a bad player for ignoring.
Oh, you're quick to defend Hando.; I wonder why? Let's get a few facts straight:

You aren't playing normal town Omni.
Hando did not mean, "normal town, Omni". If he did, he would have corrected me from the get go. If you noticed from our on going post, he kept implying that he saw many games with me in it yet I responded that he never saw a confirmed townie Omni. He could have easily ended our dispute by bringing up the argument you did, however, he didn't because that's NOT what he meant.

Very, very suspicious for you to come behind Hando's back and attempt to clean his mess. Or maybe you've realized that I'll probably use my skill tonight so it would be better to lynch me now? Hm.

Um, if anything, this is the biggest "Oh, look at me, I'm so much better than you will ever be" comment I have ever seen a newbie say. So stop trying to take away an obvious and big scumtell by saying "Oh, I never did that, lulz" and give reasons. I don't buy your claim, and since I doubt people will jump on you to try to get you lynched even with my vote, that's exactly what I'm going to do.
You read into my post incorrectly. When I said, "Are you trying to imply you're a good scum player?", it was a poke at the fact that his description of a good scum player was exactly what he was doing this game. I wasn't making any attempt to sound superior at all.

I really question your investigation on me, Ronike. The problem with your post is not that you've attacked me, but you've completely ignored Kevin and 100% supported Hando. In none of this post did you make any kind of suggestion that any of my points may be accurate, valid, or spot on.

And it seems like you've deemed me scummy and decided to create as many points as possible to prove it, ignoring everything else I may have done that is against that point.

I really don't like your post. I need to review your comments up to this point to see if I can get a better read on you.

FoS: Ronike

Omni

BRoomer
How is he wasting your time? Considering you are the one posting attitude posts.
Because I'm town.

And I'm not posting attitude posts. Don't see why people here are easily offended by my "rude" behavior. I'm just being clear and concise and putting the BS formalities behind.

Omni

BRoomer
Why would you use your power tonight..?
Why wouldn't Mafia kill me tonight?

Unless we still have a town doctor. I was under the impression most Docs are able to protect every night so I'm not sure if I am the "confirmed" Doc.

But yeah, is there a reason why I shouldn't use it? Not sure why I wouldn't.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You get to use it once, your basically perfect mafia bait at this point, hope theres a doc in the game to protect you.

Because they'll kill at random, bait you into using it and then your a useless townie.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Considering if you hadn't xmajned that ability wouldve been perfect near endgame, and couldve given a huge advantage.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Grrr, I'll post as soon as I can get smashboards to show up right on my computer so I can actually read what Omni said without going blind... Stupid randomly showing up like there's no formatting on the site>_>

Omni

BRoomer
Lol. I was going to say just highlight it, but it makes my color even worse. :)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, for some reason it's working fine on FireFox(not sure why I don't just use that all the time now that I don't want to have one browser for each of two accounts), so I'm gonna catch up on the day and post here before too long.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You read into my post incorrectly. When I said, "Are you trying to imply you're a good scum player?", it was a poke at the fact that his description of a good scum player was exactly what he was doing this game. I wasn't making any attempt to sound superior at all.[/B]
I do this pretty much every game. I'm a lazy poster.

Grrr, I'll post as soon as I can get smashboards to show up right on my computer so I can actually read what Omni said without going blind... Stupid randomly showing up like there's no formatting on the site>_>
Classic blue is broken now.

GG smashboards.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I honestly didn't realize that there had been more posts since I had read it last and didn't realize that omni had claimed. Now that omni has claimed a relatively prominent character (from what I've heard, I know nothing about final fantasy) I don't suspect him as much anymore. I would still like a vote count though.
It's about the answer I expected, sadly not that strong of one. For right now my vote is holding on you. It's not a major thing, but it IS one of the better leads I have at the moment.

Unvote: Omni

Marshy's got the right idea here. Doc-ish claim is definitely an ideal claim for a mafia in this game considering what they are rewarded with by drawing out a CC. That's not to say that he shouldn't be CC'd if someone else is really Aerith, it just means that if forced to claim, that's a good maf call.

But yeah, for now, Omni isn't a good lynch choice. I'm not ENTIRELY trusting of the claim for a few reasons though. One, I can very easily see Aerith being a character not in the game, much like Zack. Both are monumental characters in the FFVII universe (remember people, this is the whole UNIVERSE, not just the original game setting) and Zack is already dead. Since Aerith being dead is pretty integral to the plot, I could see he not being an active role (perhaps another NPC to appear later) and Omni may have just gotten lucky. Unlikely, but it's a possibility I'm considering. There's also the possibility, however slight, that Aerith is a lyncher target. I would NOT be surprised if there was a Sephiroth role in the game with a requirement that Aerith be lyncher (or maybe just be killed) as a requisite to win the game on top of normal win conditions, or something like that.

But yeah, wouldn't put much money on those potential realities, but I've been tossing those idea around. I figured I'd put 'em out there.

I'm currently interested in what mentos has said about Riddle. Situationally speaking, asking for a vote-count at the time DOES look pretty bad. I could also see it going both ways though, and him just being a cautious townie. I'll be looking into it and will touch upon it again later.
You do have a couple of good points there about Aerith FF, but at the moment I'm inclined to believe the claim. I've never played FF7, and not many of the FF games in general, and still knew that name from the get-go. It is a big part of the plot that she dies, but I don't see Tom excluding a major character like that. However, I do see where you're coming from, and it should be kept in mind.

@McFox: No, it's only flavor; 100% sure on that.

@FrozenFlame: Stop worrying over something as little as Riddle and Mentos. Pretty sure Riddle was asking for a vote count and didn't realize I claimed but was rather continuing the argument. What's your take on Hando?

As much as I dislike Kevin right now I can't say I'm surprised by his play so far. Pretty sure he's just playing aggressive town Kevin although I would mind if he removed his vote from me ASAP.

Would like to hear more from Chill.
The Riddle thing was something to point out. He says he didn't see the new posts, but it's something that needs to be called out, and his reasoning for it is the perfect cover for a scum who slipped up thinking they could get a ml that easily.

the riddle thing is legitimate

also omni shouldn't be assumed town solely for his roleclaim. tom has had a game broken through nameclaims (batmafia) and he's since taken steps to make sure his games didn't end the same way. his method this time around may've been to give scum safeclaims
I already commented on this at Frozen's comment to an extent, but I didn't think about the safeclaim idea until you mentioned it. I know when I was reading Batmafia the nameclaim is what let me call the scum, so safeclaims may very well exist.

You're tunnel vision will hurt you later on.

You realize it generates discussion which is the only weapon town has. Sucks that a PR claimed but his scummy vibes that he has given off has driven everyone to post.

When people post they make connections, willingly or unwillingly. Connections help create trails to scumtells. It's all a game of getting people to talk and getting them to make a mistake. It's as simple as that.

You're blinded because you want me to be scum because of my aggressive play when in reality, it's effective.

Also you can't say I'm on your scumdar when you haven't read the rest of the arguments, be educated before you post or you'll find yourself needlessly looking suspicious when you spout an opinion based on something that may have changed on another page.

Come on Blazer you used to play, time to get back in the swing of things love.
I agree, it sucks a PR died, but at the same time we got a lot of discussion out of it. Every post counts when trying to determine scum, and whatever generates discussion can, in the long run, be worth it.

Ok, first off, unvote: KevinM. Sorry a ton dude, school has been making me way too busy, and like I said, extra time goes into my mafia game. Which i haven't had any extra time for recently...

Anyways, I'm mostly caught up (don't have much time, so I had to skim a tad), and Kevin seems very townlike to me now. There has been a variety of things happening, moreso than other games at this point, so whoever said it was scummy that he wanted 3 different people dead this fast (FF I think), I'm sure its just a combination of his usual aggressiveness and the heightened amount of topics so far in this game. Instead, I think I'll move on to Omni:

First off, I have seen this:

And it seems a tad off to me. First off, though I haven't played FFVII, I do know that it was important for Aerith to be dead, so I would not be surprised at all if she was missing from the game. Second, the "Any CC's?" gives me a bad vibe. Why not just leave it off? It just seems out of place to me. Third, this whole thing:

A few things, why didn't you say this with your roleclaim, and why did you feel the need to explain it? Almost like you are making things up as you go... So I agree with Marshy, it seems like Tom may have given safe CC's to the scum, of which Omni is a part of.

My second major point is the whole "I've never claimed to be good, Kevin is just trying to make me look bad!" thing. Its irritating, especially because so many of your posts you make yourself sound like you are the best!

First off, I took special care to read the original post where Hando called you that, and he wasn't saying a normal Omni town, he was saying that you didn't sound like a normal town, Omni. Which you don't. Stop trying to twist the words. Second, that's not even a good point anyways! Just because we don't know you are town in another game, doesn't mean we can't tell when you are acting in the town's best interest and when you aren't. And this is one where you aren't acting in our interest. So stop trying to say that this is a good point that everyone is a bad player for ignoring.

Um, if anything, this is the biggest "Oh, look at me, I'm so much better than you will ever be" comment I have ever seen a newbie say. So stop trying to take away an obvious and big scumtell by saying "Oh, I never did that, lulz" and give reasons. I don't buy your claim, and since I doubt people will jump on you to try to get you lynched even with my vote, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Vote: Omni
Ok, first wall of text to respond to.

First of all, I don't find his asking for CC's to be all that odd. In fact, if anything, it inclines me to believe he's a townie. Why you ask? If he were scum claiming a role like that, he would leave that off knowing that if Aerith was in the game, they would counter-claim anyway. As a townie, asking that might cause the scum to be jumpy and make a mistake and try to make the claim to incriminate him.

He did say the part about the second role power in his first post(although he did have a typo it looks like). Don't try to say he didn't mention the power in his first post to incriminate him, he did and if you read it you would realize that.

Omni responded to this next part already, but I want to repeat it. Hando already responded to Omni's questioning of what he meant, and he NEVER said "no I meant you aren't like normal town, not you aren't like normal town Omni." He explicitly said he meant the latter. Now, you're both defending Hando, contradicting him. Seeing as Hando is a very experienced player, I'm pretty sure if he meant it how you suggested he would have pointed that out to Omni right away. This raises two questions: Why are you defending him to begin with, and why are you trying to change words that came out of other people's mouths?

Alright, to start off Unvote: Kevin. I had forgotten to do that and voting is a pain in thw *** on my phone for using tags and whatnot. Anyways, that was an RVS vote that stayed through, because of lack of PC access.

Moving right along, Omni to me seems different than his play in MegaMafia. Today he was confirmed as being a townie, so the difference in playstyle Hando pointed out is in fact true. Ronike pointed it out before I could, but the CC thing he said definitely sticks out. It's like he wants someone to counter claim him, so that's a red flag for sure. Then as he also said the idea of a safe claim is also heavily viable. Tom did this in Disney and Omni used it there. He was eager to claim then, so the action carries over here. Then, I don't like his arguing with Kevin at all. I do admit Kevin's being rather abrasive to agg him on. It's working, that's for sure. Chill was accurate in what he said, also. Apparently this play is common for Kevin, so he's definitely leaning town.

I'm going to look into more people in a bit, just wanted to get the more Omni thoughts out.
I do agree with some of what you said, but at the same time, I think we're becoming very, very tunnel visioned on a claimed major character. I'm more interested in the connection Ronike just drew to Hando, and Riddle's post right after Omni's claim than I am in Omni at the moment. If he's scum, we'll find it out, but D1 isn't a day to put focus on a claimed PR.

I do this pretty much every game. I'm a lazy poster.

Classic blue is broken now.

GG smashboards.
Haha I know right, I had it working for like an hour on Firefox, then it died again>_>

Now, I would like to ask a few questions.

@Riddle: You haven't posted since you responded to my comment about your post. Who do you think we should be looking at and why?

@Ronike: In case you missed it above, why the backing up of Hando? Also, you come in having not posted much, and pretty much hammer away at a claimed PR/major character, and don't list any other suspicions. Is that seriously the only one you've found anything worth commenting on about?

@Chaco: Good to see you posting, let's hear where your suspicions lie and why.

@Jungle: Same to you as Chaco, you've finally made a post, now let's hear your strongest suspicions right now.

That's all I can think of at the moment, and honestly because of the large amount of chat room talk this has taken me till way too late. I'll see if there's anything else I want to say after work tomorrow.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
omni don't specify who you'll use protect on, when/if you'll use it or if you can use it on yourself. there shouldn't be any speculation about that and just let scum play a game of wifom for the rest of the game. i'm sure that theres another protective role whos got your back having seen a few in toms more recent games

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Oh GAWD! If I knew this was gonna happen, I would've taken rope lessons more seriously!!”

9th vote count:
Junglefever (2): McFox, Marshy
Omni (1): Ronike
KevinM (1): Chaco
Riddle (1): Mentosman
Chaco (1): KevinM

Not voting (9): Rockin, Omni, Blazer, Riddle, Junglefever, Handorin, Frozenflame, Chill, Omis

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I apologize for asking for that vote count; it was an unacceptable oversight and I can see why you suspect me.

Time to post my suspicions:

Blazer:

Blazer said:
Oi. Another long day at the gym and school.
I'll once again make a better post tomorrow when I've fully caught up.
Kevin from what I've read (Still only on page 11 don't have time to read the rest), you're still on my scumdar. Not because of your idea being bad, but because your idea is only helpful to the mafia overall.
Maybe some info has changed though. <_<
Blazer said:
I would rather have conversation possibly stall, than have a dead townie, irregardless of who they are. It's a numbers game as well as a conversational game.

However, I have become less against you with this whole scenario. I feel like Omni was correct to say you ignored his points but really, he didn't have any that were worthwhile either. You're just an overly aggressive, mildly insulting player, that was how I played at my peak so I see where you're coming from.
Tunnelvisions onto Kevin (arguably are best townie right now) and says that he would rather lose our best weapon rather than lose a townie. It seems highly suspicious that he doesn't seem to care about discussion as much as he should.

Chaco:

Chaco said:
Moving right along, Omni to me seems different than his play in MegaMafia. Today he was confirmed as being a townie, so the difference in playstyle Hando pointed out is in fact true. Ronike pointed it out before I could, but the CC thing he said definitely sticks out. It's like he wants someone to counter claim him, so that's a red flag for sure.
Suggests that a townie wouldn't want a counterclaim to his role/name. If I was a townie I would most definitely want scum to cc so I had a lynch target. I realize that scum would also want to find a doctor, but finding a scum would be just as good or not better for a townie.

I also don't like the metagaming going along as I don't fell like it accomplishes much if anything.

Omni:

The fact that he claimeda prominent role does not mean that he's a confirmed townie. I can definitely see Tom providing scum with safe claims. It also does not make his previous scum tells any less scummy and I still am highly suspicious of him.

Omni

BRoomer
To Riddle and everyone else who has mentioned this:

I believe we can all agree that I am not a confirmed townie. There's no arguing this, and my claim was not in anyway for me to say, "Look, here's proof. I'm town." Tom MAY have given people safe roles so it should not be assumed that all characters follow their alignments in the game. It's perfectly fine to be overly cautious but it would be a terrible idea to waste your time on me because I really am town. I can honestly say that Kevin's grilling succeeded at frustrating me, but please stop mistaking frustration and reactions for scummy behavior. It is quite natural, if not more, for a cornered townie to exhibit more stress then cornered scum; a scum player will at least attempt to keep their composure. This isn't an excuse for me, but accidentally falling on Appeal to Emotion isn't always just scumtell. Telling the truth and getting hammered for it sucks ***.

Vote: Ronike

Because of the previous post and the explanation I made before. A Hando lynch would be fine, too, but moreso Ronike since his extreme tunnel vision plus defense for Hando may have been an attempt to cover up a scum buddy's mistake or just buddy up in general (while jumping on the Omni Train Bandwagon a bit too late). Out of the two people I now find suspicious (Ronike and Hando), I believe a Ronike lynch will give us the most information at the moment. That may change in the future.

@Marshy: O.K.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Except that, you know, I have never endorsed Ronike's words or his defense on me. Usually scum would at least agree. I did not. Saving me now would be kinda late, he could have warned me ages ago.

Also,
@Night I would just wifom it up; no point in discussing it.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, I don't have time to respond to your wall right now, but let me just say two things:
1. Just cause I've never played FFVII doesn't mean I can't wikipedia it. I know what happens. Don't try to make me sound like an idiot.
2. I never defended Hando or tried to "clean up his mess". What mess? That you misread one of his comments? Thats your mess not his. The only thing messy about it is he never commented that your read it wrong, which it would be stupid of me to bring up if I was defending him, cause that means he was skimming, which is an inherently scummy play for a lot of people. And the commenting on you calling him a good scum player was me misreading your comment. It seemed to me that you were calling him a bad scum. So I was wrong about that, sorry. However, there was no me defending him involved there.

So why have you been going after me so hard for that second thing? Either a massively stupid OMFGUS moment on your part, or something more sinister... So I'm content with my vote, for now.

Omni

BRoomer
Ok, I don't have time to respond to your wall right now, but let me just say two things:
1. Just cause I've never played FFVII doesn't mean I can't wikipedia it. I know what happens. Don't try to make me sound like an idiot.
2. I never defended Hando or tried to "clean up his mess". What mess? That you misread one of his comments? Thats your mess not his. The only thing messy about it is he never commented that your read it wrong, which it would be stupid of me to bring up if I was defending him, cause that means he was skimming, which is an inherently scummy play for a lot of people. And the commenting on you calling him a good scum player was me misreading your comment. It seemed to me that you were calling him a bad scum. So I was wrong about that, sorry. However, there was no me defending him involved there.

So why have you been going after me so hard for that second thing? Either a massively stupid OMFGUS moment on your part, or something more sinister... So I'm content with my vote, for now.
1.) I never said you were an idiot. I said you were more ignorant of the subject compared to a person who is heavily absorbed in the topic. This means if we both wanted to metagame I would have the advantage.

2.) If I misread Hando's comment he would have told me. Anyone who watched the conversation between Hando and I clearly noticed that Hando was talking about a "town Omni". If I was wrong, then the fact that I brought up a "confirmed town Omni" several times would have derailed the conversation to me being corrected about his point.

I'm going after you hard because your entire post was focused only on just me. No other suspicions, no other comments, no bringing up any valid points that I have made. You've painted a picture in your head that I am scum and simply took out all the aspects that COULD make me scummy and put it in one post rather than taking everything collectively.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
@ Ronike and Omni: Watch how much you focus on the flavor of FFVII. Tom can make this game as canon as he wants, or as ridiculous as he wants. Omni whether you know more about the series, at this point in time, is a moot point, since we can't assume Tom is going to do things canonical to the serious.

I have to start preparing dinner, so Mentos I will answer your question on my suspicions later.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
wtf am i typing

We can't assume Tom is going to things canonical*

wtf is 'to the serious' doing in that sentence

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol I like how you mess up the correction tooXD I believe the correct version would be "we can't assume Tom is going to do things canonical." :p

Omni

BRoomer
@ Ronike and Omni: Watch how much you focus on the flavor of FFVII. Tom can make this game as canon as he wants, or as ridiculous as he wants. Omni whether you know more about the series, at this point in time, is a moot point, since we can't assume Tom is going to do things canonical to the serious.
We aren't focusing on flavor, Jungle. It is already understood that anything can happen.

It doesn't hurt to have knowledge of the series. It may actually help mid/endgame.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Marshy, please don't speculate the roles.

Kevin, your general attitude about how carelessly you throw around your vote is starting to irk me. I understand I made a mistake in BIM. I's over and done, and in the past. Things that like happen. Yet you continue to hold it over my head. Even more so, even you made careless plays in that game. So why shouldn't we go after you in the same manner? I am newer than you, yes. But carelessly throwing around your vote this early in the day is utter ****. The option you have proposed would best be used near the end of a day when we have nothing more to work on and then you try to strengthen the next days team. That's understandable. But a few days into the Day phase and your presenting the idea of a wagon? It's utter ****. You're not really even attempting to search, more or less you stick with the same generalized idea that this will win you the game. Well, it won't. You're gaining no information in the slightest and your general plan is in bad taste. ISTR, you went on to Jungle when he said something against you. Your general wishy washyness with your votes is disgusting.

@Mentos: My main suspects right now are Omni, and Kevin. Kevin is showing no restraint at all, and Omni's just, I don't even know what.

FoS: Kevin

I'll post more after the game later.

Omni

BRoomer
My main suspects right now are Omni, and Kevin. Kevin is showing no restraint at all, and Omni's just, I don't even know what.
Lmao. "Omni's just... well, he's the obvious answer, right? Everyone else is suspicious of him."

:laugh:

In all seriousness, if you're going to put someone out there at least have a reason.

Kevin's play was pretty silly but it did get conversation going. I do believe there would have been a better way to get it started but at this point what can you do?

I would also like for you to go into detail about what you think of me (and Kevin). Kevin showing no restraint does not imply that he is scummy; only that Kevin is showing no restraint. And we both know that you didn't really say anything about me.

This isn't a defense post for Kevin and I. It's for you to make better speculation and answer Mentos' question more thoroughly without just picking at the crust. I know you said you would do it later, but what I'm suggesting is that it is better for you to just post your thoughts in one post rather then post an empty post followed by a backup post.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lmao. "Omni's just... well, he's the obvious answer, right? Everyone else is suspicious of him."

:laugh:

In all seriousness, if you're going to put someone out there at least have a reason.

Kevin's play was pretty silly but it did get conversation going. I do believe there would have been a better way to get it started but at this point what can you do?

I would also like for you to go into detail about what you think of me (and Kevin). Kevin showing no restraint does not imply that he is scummy; only that Kevin is showing no restraint. And we both know that you didn't really say anything about me.

This isn't a defense post for Kevin and I. It's for you to make better speculation and answer Mentos' question more thoroughly without just picking at the crust. I know you said you would do it later, but what I'm suggesting is that it is better for you to just post your thoughts in one post rather then post an empty post followed by a backup post.
Sorry, I had to be at the game early. I left at half time a few minutes ago. I'll have my post up in a bit. I have to get this body paint off. TRhen I'm going to re-read. Should be up before midnight.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
lol on many not playing FFVII. The game is too good. Ya have no legit john for not playing it :p

I feel everyone speculating on whether Aeris is in the game or not is diving a bit too heavy in the flavor. Remember, flavor is good, but it's not reliant. Yes, Aeris dying was important for the storyline as it drove Cloud further to defeating Sephiroth and whatnot. However, that shouldn't help decide whether she is playable or not. Let's make it known that people die and whatnot in this game. Sephiroth dies in FFVII, right? Wpuldn't it make sense for him to be mafia or indie in this game despite him dying? Aeris was playable for a good while in the game, so she isn't ruled out for being playable.

However, that doesn't get Omni off the hook. I still don't believe the claim mainly cause of the role he states. Again, it's too powerful for something like Tom to allow.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I honestly have no idea what to think of Omni's claim. I initially at first thought that Kevin had just bullied him into a corner (like the meanie he is) and Omni lost is composure, like he did with Chill, but the more and more i read through this thread, the scummier he looks to me. His name/role claim is enough to keep the vote off today though.

@Chaco: I don't think Omni was eager to claim, I think he just got pressured and was trying to save his ***.

On Kevin: This is just Kevin being Kevin. That being said, he is a very strong player and is generally difficult to tell when he is scum and when he is not. Saying that this is 'typical Kevin' actually scares me more than it comforts me.

...And those are all my thoughts. I had more while i was cooking, but i seemed to have lost my thoughts :(

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'd also like to point out Chill has been pretty quiet after his little bout with Omni.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Why would you ever want conversation to stall.

Again conversation is a townies best weapon.

FOS Blazer
Losing a townie is IMO, worse than conversation stalling. When you lose a townie, you lose a whole person, who can vote, think, etc.
When conversation stalls (You guys treat this like it's satanic), you get a slow down in conversation, then usually a deadline will hit, and we lose one person. We kill a townie, we lose two people one tonight, one during the day. Conversation stalling>>>>>Killing a townie to "Strengthen our team", that in fact weakens our team good sir. More players on our team=better team. Mafia isn't one of those games where your weakest player determines how good your group is, and more than likely, if we've figured someone out, even a bad player will join us on the vote.

I apologize for asking for that vote count; it was an unacceptable oversight and I can see why you suspect me.

Time to post my suspicions:

Blazer:

Tunnelvisions onto Kevin (arguably are best townie right now) and says that he would rather lose our best weapon rather than lose a townie. It seems highly suspicious that he doesn't seem to care about discussion as much as he should.

I really haven't had time to get into the discussions this game. I'm constantly busy with school throughout the week, and have a very active social life and a very rough workout schedule that will leave me too tired to go through huge posts, so for the most part I've had to just skim. I really only have had time to pop in, defend myself, make small points, and then leave. EX: I didn't get home at all from 6:45 am to midnight last night.

And I missed the part where I said I'd rather lose our "Best weapon" than lose a townie. Is Kevin our "Best weapon"? Because if you think someone who would look to "Strengthen our Day 2 team" by like the third day of day 1 is our "Best weapon" you are completely wrong. Kevin completely copped out and decided killing a townie is better than nothing for today, hence my "Tunnel vision". And you completely miss the fact that I said I'd lost a lot of suspicion for him, enough so that I don't even bother to FOS him.

In short: Kevin=not our best weapon. Conversation stalling>>>>Losing a townie, even a weak one I'd rather see a draw than a loss. Killing someone because they can't play well=Bad decision so early on. I'd almost rather go with a no lynch.

I'll be able to join in the discussion better today. I have no plans except maybe a gym trip so I should be on and reading up more.

Top Bottom