• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I already said that I will do so, Handorin. Unfortunately, I actually have to understand what Blazer was thinking before leaving. At least you could be tactful enough to give me time to understand what he was doing.

:059:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wow. Can you people stop putting Gheb at L-1?

There's still plenty of time to lynch him if necessary. I'mma be pissed if someone hammers and ends the day.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I want to give you some time to explain Gheb ( at least try). I'm sorry you had to replace some1 very scummy (it happens), but if you don't at least try to defend yourself I'm going to vote you (if I already haven't?)

Omni

BRoomer
Re-read the last few pages again.

I hate the fact that the weight on Blazer's votes is led by Kevin's full-page synopsis of each of his posts. I feel like I'm doing this in all the Mafia threads, but Kevin I think you need to slow down just as Chill said.

@Kevin: Taking every single post and finding something "a little" incriminating about them doesn't sit well with me at all. When you do that, it seems as if pre-post you have made up in your mind that a person is scum and you're going to prove why by grasping straws at each one of his posts. I think the same can be done with almost everyone in here and they can be, in a way, looked upon as incriminating.

After reading through Blazer's post, I was not convinced that he was scum. As always, if I don't believe a person is scum I look at the player's who vote him and see if I see anything interesting.

Alright so, I was catching up and before even continuing on to the page 8, I was beginning to see all the tells that blazer was giving add up. Bad vibes from him combined with some *** backward reasoning (stalling being better than having a well discussed yet potentially wrong lynch? Really? WTF?!) made me ready to consider bringing his behavior up for debate.

Then I clicked page 8.

Brofist @ KevMo.

This mother****er is too good. He quotes my oldschool **** and then take the words straight out of my mouth about Blazer. I basically agree with everything KevMo just said.

Vote: Blazer (or Gheb now?) for now. I will be back later tonight with my own commentary on Blazer/Gheb and what Kev has brought to the forefront.
Do not like. I don't like the buddying, and I don't like his "reasonings" beyond what he believe Kevin said either. The "tells" that Blazer were giving weren't really tells at all, but mainly a player who is familiar with the Final Fantasy series throwing their 2 cents on possible alignments in respect to character during the RVS stage. I find no harm in it. I think Cloud is Town and Sephiroth is Mafia; does saying that make me sound scummy? No. It's just an empty comment that can't be proved although the POSSIBILITY of this being the case is very likely.

Then I have one of my main suspicions, Hando, voting on him as well. Not much reasoning or case behind his vote either. That doesn't help things from my perspective as well.

I'll state my mind more later on. Gotta' go to class.

Ronike

Smash Ace
*sigh* See Omni, that's what we don't like. The whole "I find no harm in it" after it being explained to you is annoying. Guessing on role claims is harmful. For example, lets say we all discuss potential roles and decide that Cloud is town. However, in reality in this game Cloud is mafia as he is being controlled by the Genova cells within him by Sephiroth to kill people. That means that we have essentially given a mafia player a free pass. You can't rely on claims and as such, those that would want us to are scummy. Especially on someone who has played before, no matter how rusty they are. Capice? Plus, did you actually read farther than the first few pages Omni? That wasn't the only scumtells he had...

And as for Kev & FF, they have similar playstyles, of course they are going to agree. Are you saying it's scummy that they agree? Now that is ridiculous.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I hate playing with people like Gheb and Omni, they refuse to learn about the game, and instead call me out for being aggressive TIME and TIME again without realizing that my strategy is in fact one of the better ones out there. You guys are used to Tom's lengthy posts with multiple questions directed at a person correct? In essence I'm doing the same thing except with more pressure instead of his buddy buddyness.

Blazer is scummy, you say I have weak points but you never address them all, why? Because you can't just write them off as non-scummy without looking stupid.

Rolefishing, putting pressure on someone without actually voting, leaning his suspicions on others while trying to push people. THATS SCUMMY.

I can't say it in any other way, you're ******** if you want to write it off as grasping for straws and believe it or not, you're not helpful to the town this way.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
as a headsup, starting thursday my girlfriend will be here, and will be here until monday night. meaning i will not be at my computer at like all.

just so you know Tom.

Omni

BRoomer
I hate playing with people like Gheb and Omni, they refuse to learn about the game, and instead call me out for being aggressive TIME and TIME again without realizing that my strategy is in fact one of the better ones out there. You guys are used to Tom's lengthy posts with multiple questions directed at a person correct? In essence I'm doing the same thing except with more pressure instead of his buddy buddyness.

Blazer is scummy, you say I have weak points but you never address them all, why? Because you can't just write them off as non-scummy without looking stupid.

Rolefishing, putting pressure on someone without actually voting, leaning his suspicions on others while trying to push people. THATS SCUMMY.

I can't say it in any other way, you're ******** if you want to write it off as grasping for straws and believe it or not, you're not helpful to the town this way.
Kevin, the reason why I say your "pressuring" maneuver isn't absolute is because I am town. From my perspective all you managed to do was help Mafia have more information on who their kill should be tonight. Nothing you said made sense to me because everything I said was said in truth. With that said, given the circumstances that you were barking up the wrong tree already in the same day I can't necessarily agree that your actions are the best way to go about things.

Your tactic works well for drawing out discussion, but as you can see it could potentially reveal information to the Mafia at the same time. Stop getting defensive; the fact that you were so hard on me and said I was scummy doesn't help your case since I KNOW I'm townie.

How dare you say someone's not helpful because they're pointing out flaws in your tactics? Let me ask you this then. How helpful do you think players like Ronike, Hando, or Frozen have been thus far? Would you be fine if everyone went along with your plan and bandwagoned lynched a townie on D1 only to lead to no suspects the next day?

You're a great player and way more experienced then most of us here, but your actions aren't perfect and you have made decisions in this game and others that I don't agree with. The fact that I disagree with your tactics does not make me scummy nor does it make me unhelpful; just insightful.

Omni

BRoomer
*sigh* See Omni, that's what we don't like. The whole "I find no harm in it" after it being explained to you is annoying. Guessing on role claims is harmful. For example, lets say we all discuss potential roles and decide that Cloud is town. However, in reality in this game Cloud is mafia as he is being controlled by the Genova cells within him by Sephiroth to kill people. That means that we have essentially given a mafia player a free pass. You can't rely on claims and as such, those that would want us to are scummy. Especially on someone who has played before, no matter how rusty they are. Capice? Plus, did you actually read farther than the first few pages Omni? That wasn't the only scumtells he had...
You kinda' proved a point for me. Even when points like, "Cloud is probably town," are thrown out it is simple to clarify that it isn't always the case. Making a comment based on roles is just as empty as an RVS vote. At the same time, both the RVS and empty comments can lead to conversation just as easily.

No one is going to "clear" anyone based on roleclaims. A person's identity is simply a small collective fact of a larger whole.

I did real all of Blazer's posts (mostly because I read Kevin's long post against him). At this point, I don't agree with a Blazer lynch.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Um, bad news Omni. Regardless of the tactic, there is always a good chance people will be pressured into revealing their role if they play like you. And I've been more helpful than you. I've actually stated reasons as to why I think you are scummy based on what you have said, vs. you who has basically just said that Kevin and I have just pressured you into seeming scummy, therefore we are scummy.

Omni

BRoomer
Um, bad news Omni. Regardless of the tactic, there is always a good chance people will be pressured into revealing their role if they play like you. And I've been more helpful than you. I've actually stated reasons as to why I think you are scummy based on what you have said, vs. you who has basically just said that Kevin and I have just pressured you into seeming scummy, therefore we are scummy.
Negative.

I have made ALOT of valid points on several people including the points addressed to me.

Your points on me were wishy-washy as pointed out by both me and Mentos. You have also been very inactive which doesn't help, although it's good to see that you'll be more active for now on.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm open to hear what Gheb has to say when he's able to get around to reading everything, but for now I'm fine with leaving my vote where it is. However, I don't like that Hando added his vote after Gheb has said several times that he's going to need time to make sense of Blazer's play so far, not to mention the fact that he has to read the entire topic at once (334 posts and counting). Hando's reason for voting

Hando said:
That isn't enough to say. You have insight to the role. You can try and reason what he might be thinking and try and clear up some things about you/him. Putting it off will only make it worse.
seems incredibly weak to me. He justified it in that post by quoting Gheb saying that you have to read Blazer's posts to understand what he was doing, so Hando votes him by calling him out on the fact that, what, you don't think Gheb is going to have anything to say about it? At best, you simply didn't read any of Gheb's other recent posts saying that he needs a little time to go through the entire topic. And at worst, you're scum trying to bandwagon onto Gheb by grasping for a legitimate reason.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I concede that point, I underestimated how many votes were on you, I still think you shouldn't claim till at L-2 or L-1 but I'm sorry for grossly underestimating how many votes had been put on you.

I still believe my style is effective and if you're town you shouldn't have anything to hide and therefore should be able to defend yourself without having to claim. I'm never tunnelvisioned in an argument with someone. So if they alleviate my suspicions I'm able to push the scummier players.

Also you wouldn't be able to fourstock me, I would vote you for that if I didn't have Gheblazer pegged as scum and loved you so much!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hi, just letta ya know I'm still here and all! Sorry, I was mainly focused on the Mega Mafia game. So just give me a few minutes and I'll do my best to catch up and say my opinon

sorry again ^^;;

Handorin

Smash Hero
Then I have one of my main suspicions, Hando, voting on him as well. Not much reasoning or case behind his vote either. That doesn't help things from my perspective as well.
Yay pressure.

as a headsup, starting thursday my girlfriend will be here, and will be here until monday night. meaning i will not be at my computer at like all.

just so you know Tom.
Johns. She has to sleep at sometime.

Your tactic works well for drawing out discussion, but as you can see it could potentially reveal information to the Mafia at the same time. Stop getting defensive; the fact that you were so hard on me and said I was scummy doesn't help your case since I KNOW I'm townie.
Unhelpful.
99.9% of the time, you "know" you are town. Saying it out loud doesn't mean anything.

I'm open to hear what Gheb has to say when he's able to get around to reading everything, but for now I'm fine with leaving my vote where it is. However, I don't like that Hando added his vote after Gheb has said several times that he's going to need time to make sense of Blazer's play so far, not to mention the fact that he has to read the entire topic at once (334 posts and counting). Hando's reason for voting

seems incredibly weak to me. He justified it in that post by quoting Gheb saying that you have to read Blazer's posts to understand what he was doing, so Hando votes him by calling him out on the fact that, what, you don't think Gheb is going to have anything to say about it? At best, you simply didn't read any of Gheb's other recent posts saying that he needs a little time to go through the entire topic. And at worst, you're scum trying to bandwagon onto Gheb by grasping for a legitimate reason.
First of all, as stated above: Pressure.
Second:
He had about 16hours to from the last post he made. I also assume he at least read some of what happened.

Omni

BRoomer
@Hando: Yeah, pressure. You're pretty much borderline coasting and the only time you've become active is when I started grilling you.

And me calling myself town is justification for me telling Kevin that I don't fully accept his tactic. I have went past the point of attempting to persuade people that I'm town so that wasn't the purpose of stating "I'm town" at all. Again, it is simply explaining my reasons for doubting Kevin's plan under my pretense.

The only thing "unhelpful" has been your gameplay so far.

Handorin

Smash Hero
@Hando: Yeah, pressure. You're pretty much borderline coasting and the only time you've become active is when I started grilling you.

And me calling myself town is justification for me telling Kevin that I don't fully accept his tactic. I have went past the point of attempting to persuade people that I'm town so that wasn't the purpose of stating "I'm town" at all. Again, it is simply explaining my reasons for doubting Kevin's plan under my pretense.

The only thing "unhelpful" has been your gameplay so far.
Anything new?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm keeping up with the thread, and will have thoughts sometime this week.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Shut up! I don't care about either Shinra or SOLDIER! But don't get me wrong! I don't care about AVALANCHE or the Planet for that matter!”

13th vote count:
Gheb (4): KevinM, McFox, Frozenflame, Handorin
Junglefever (1): Marshy
Riddle (1): Mentosman

Not voting (9): Rockin, Blazer, Riddle, Junglefever, Chill, Omis, Ronike, Omni, Chaco

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11. APPROXIMATELY 48 HOURS.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Not voting (9): Rockin, Blazer, Riddle, Junglefever, Chill, Omis, Ronike, Omni, Chaco
nothing's suspicious enough to warrant a vote?

jumping on the gheb wagon if scumfever doesn't get more steam. there's no plurality rule

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I was going to wait until midnight tonight for Gheb to post his response, Marshy. I've already posted my thoughts but am giving him the time to go through and read up on his ****.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for Gheb to try to explain blazers actions and if he can't satisfactorily then he is going to get my vote.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright, after reading through it over and over again I came to the conclusion that it's actually better to not explain Blazer's behaviour. You might call me crazy but I have a good reason to do so. Let me explain why. First of all I'm going to reveal my role:

I am Angeal Hewley - a vanilla townie.

So why am I not trying to defend myself/Blazer? Because it's better for town to lynch me.
Honestly, how big are the chances for the townspeople to actually lynch scum D1? Minimal at best - 90% of the time town WILL mislynch and that's already a pretty generous rate from my experience. After reading through Blazers posts it's blatantly obvious that he's been playing very weak - I don't know about his usual gameplay but this time he really screwed up. In a realistic scenario he would have been lynched without a doubt. Honestly, I'm really pissed that he left like a wuss and drag somebody else through this. But that doesn't matter to me anymore because I am about to get lynched and I'm not gonna do anything about it - on the contrary.

Lynching me will only help town.

- Town will get rid of their weakest player. Helps town
- Town won't lose a power role but only vanilla. Doesn't really hurt town.
- Town would've lynched Blazer anyways. Since my role will be confirmed after my death people will see they did the right thing.

Since I'm town alligned I'm trying to do what's best for my comrades and the best thing to do for them is to lynch me. They get rid of a weak player for D2 and can push for serious lynches without losing anything special.
I really do hope that town will win this and if the best thing for them is to lynch me (and right now this is obviousy the case) then so be it. Lynch me for an easier time later without suffering a big loss - you probably wouldn't have lynched scum D1 anyways.

And I'm not going to lie - I had no idea how to explain Blazers behavoiur. I would've lynched him too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nothing Blazer posted implies that he could be a jester. He contradicted himself a lot but tbh I don't think he did so on purpose. Also I didn't even think of that role when I posted that <_<

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
not a jester. tom knew what a terrible role that is before making this game. and i'd rather just lynch a jester anyway

Ronike

Smash Ace
I agree that there is extremely little chance that Tom would put a Jester in (he has repeatedly said that he hates Jesters and they break the game), and I hate no lynches, so...

Vote: Gheb

In the future though, please defend yourself before you resort to this...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
In the future though, please defend yourself before you resort to this...
Think about my situation:

- I have to read more than 400 posts to understand what's going on and I have to do so many times
- I have to find a justification for something I didn't do
- I have no access to Blazers thoughts behind any of his posts, yet I am the one, who has to make sense out of it
- The majority was already convinced that Blaze was scum and was only waiting for my explanation

Honestly, I don't regret my decision in the slightest. I don't think I could've done anthing better or more helpful for town than this. Even if I could've found some kind of explanation for Blazer's posts there are still issues:

- Giving town any doubt isn't something I should do when I'm town myself
- Few people would've believed me anyways since my explanation would've been lacking
- There was little time left and having a safe lynch that NOBODY disagrees with is the best thing for town at the end of D1

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, after reading through it over and over again I came to the conclusion that it's actually better to not explain Blazer's behaviour. You might call me crazy but I have a good reason to do so. Let me explain why. First of all I'm going to reveal my role:

I am Angeal Hewley - a vanilla townie.

So why am I not trying to defend myself/Blazer? Because it's better for town to lynch me.
Honestly, how big are the chances for the townspeople to actually lynch scum D1? Minimal at best - 90% of the time town WILL mislynch and that's already a pretty generous rate from my experience. After reading through Blazers posts it's blatantly obvious that he's been playing very weak - I don't know about his usual gameplay but this time he really screwed up. In a realistic scenario he would have been lynched without a doubt. Honestly, I'm really pissed that he left like a wuss and drag somebody else through this. But that doesn't matter to me anymore because I am about to get lynched and I'm not gonna do anything about it - on the contrary.

Lynching me will only help town.

- Town will get rid of their weakest player. Helps town
- Town won't lose a power role but only vanilla. Doesn't really hurt town.
- Town would've lynched Blazer anyways. Since my role will be confirmed after my death people will see they did the right thing.

Since I'm town alligned I'm trying to do what's best for my comrades and the best thing to do for them is to lynch me. They get rid of a weak player for D2 and can push for serious lynches without losing anything special.
I really do hope that town will win this and if the best thing for them is to lynch me (and right now this is obviousy the case) then so be it. Lynch me for an easier time later without suffering a big loss - you probably wouldn't have lynched scum D1 anyways.

And I'm not going to lie - I had no idea how to explain Blazers behavoiur. I would've lynched him too.

So...you're basically giving up? o.o

That's...pretty weird to do. I mean, even if the guy royally ****ed up, you should at least provide some sort of explanation. Even if it sounds crazy or just really lacking in belief. Honestly, this is a bad way to go down =/

Top Bottom