• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Don't give a ****. So long as I'm not claiming prior to Kantrip.

Explain now, Glyph. There's no reason for you to wait.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Taking back what I said about my last post being the last one :awesome:

While a reasonable line of thought, this is an Overswarm game, and only 2 scum have flipped so far. 2 Indy, 2 Scum isn't out of the question.

I don't want to throw out any options without certainty. Last time I did that, Xonar won Fire & Lightning. :urg:
mmm ok this is a good reason. Nonetheless I still think we're most likely dealing now with 1 mafia, 1 indy. Flavorwise, does anyone know if there should be a third mafioso (given RR's and Gheb's flipped characters), or if there's room for 2 indies?

Actually, I'd like Ryker's and Raz's spots switched in the claims. Any opposed?
Slightly opposed. I think Raziek can flip Indy, meanwhile I'm still reluctant with Ryker being possibly Indy. Ryker "claimed" tracker so there's still a chance of Ryker "surprising" liars, including Raziek

---

Ryker, do we wait until all claims are done, or can we keep with other discussions meanwhile? Can I post my case on Inferno? :B

Inferno3044

Smash Master
k last post before my case:

Inferno, why did you haste Gheb N1? Explain your motivations as detailed as possible now that it is your turn to claim
Simple reason. I thought Gheb was town so I was hoping a town ability would go before scum could possibly RB him (I was not the only person that thought Gheb was town). Turns out I was wrong.

Anyways I don't have a special name. But I'm lvl 1 Time Mage, lvl 2 Priest. Used my haste on Gheb as stated. Protected Ryker N1 and Raziek N2. I'll claim stone if Ryker really wants me to.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Flavorwise there's definitely room for a third scum member, there's a ****load of those homuniculi. Indies I have no idea, my knowledge is limited.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Let's assume an indy, but leave off the conversation about it until we've gotten the claims taken care of. Aight?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Actually Ryker, there's a reason that will become more apparent if we leave it alone until claims have gone.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I am a townie.

Lv1. Chemist, Maintenance
Lv2. Priest, Protect

I protected Gheb N1; Was a toss up between Gheb/Ryker/Xonar. Ryker claimed auto-potion so that narrowed my choice down between Xonar and Gheb. And since I thought Xonar was more likely to be scum then Gheb, I settled on protecting Gheb.
I attempted to protect Ryker N2 but apparently I've lost use of my protect for reasons unknown.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Simple reason. I thought Gheb was town so I was hoping a town ability would go before scum could possibly RB him (I was not the only person that thought Gheb was town). Turns out I was wrong.

Anyways I don't have a special name. But I'm lvl 1 Time Mage, lvl 2 Priest. Used my haste on Gheb as stated. Protected Ryker N1 and Raziek N2. I'll claim stone if Ryker really wants me to.
"Lv. 1 Haste – One shot ability. Target player’s ability will go first in the Night Action Resolution. If multiple players have this ability used on them, they will follow the NAR as normal for that group of abilities, then the non-hasted abilities will go."

Do you mean you used a 1-shot ability blindly??

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Actually Ryker, there's a reason that will become more apparent if we leave it alone until claims have gone.
And there's a reason I don't give a **** and you will be spilling it now. You know, it might have something to do with the position I proposed for you to claim.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
No. Not until claims are over.

Don't even care if it makes me the lynch for today.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ryker if I didn't know better I'd think you already knew why I targeted you

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh are claims done? Because then I am happy to explain now

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Raz, Rajam, Inferno, Gova, etc.

Need more people to make him out it. I am 100% serious. I will lynch him before any other claims if he doesn't explain what he's talking about. It stinks, a lot.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Still fine with dying today if you think it stinks so bad, but you are not getting squat from me until every claim is set

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Do you understand how completely and incredibly anti-town that is?

I am not claiming **** until after you've explained your goals. It would appear that we are at an impasse.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
"Lv. 1 Haste – One shot ability. Target player’s ability will go first in the Night Action Resolution. If multiple players have this ability used on them, they will follow the NAR as normal for that group of abilities, then the non-hasted abilities will go."

Do you mean you used a 1-shot ability blindly??
I used it on who I thought was town. Just curious, are you gonna scum google me all game? I'd rather not have to RB you based on this but it's right now really tempting.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
A better question is why you used it on Gheb without knowing what abilities he had. Normally you'd wait to use a one-shot ability like that so you know what ability you would be hasting.

@Ninja, lvl 1 time mage also gets the Stop ability.

Rajam

Smash Champion
ok guys, more reasons of why Inferno is scum (mafia):

1.- During Night, while checking possible roles for Gheb and RR (either lvl 1 or lvl 2 abilities), I checked Inferno's claim of hastening Gheb, and checked which roles are able to haste. Only two roles are those: Calculator and Time Mage. Calculator is a really scummy role and idk what motivation could town have for picking that over other roles more town-oriented. Anyways, Inferno already claimed Time Mage. The problem with that is that the haste ability is one-shot! Why would Inferno use that blindly is dubious... specially considering that Gheb flipped Summoner (and I doubt he picked Golem... Gheb picked Carbunkle obv), and hastening Gheb using Carbunkle is just a bunch load of chaos

2.- Gheb's reaction when Raziek claimed Gova and Inferno visited him. At first Gheb was saying he wanted to know who visited him, and then he started to act very wishy-washy regarding the results, like trying to deviate attention from them; instead, Gheb focused mostly on Lego and Kantrip, naming Inferno once in a while. By #1424 Gheb claimed Raz's results were worthless. Gheb didn't include Inferno in his #684 despite Inferno also fit in that pile.

3.- Red Ryu's reaction when I claimed I could shoot Inferno (#1494): imo, Ryu is defending Inferno here! Why would scum-RR post that with a non-mafia Inferno? Also, in #1496 Inferno says he would lynch RR, but checking his posts from D2, he NEVER even mentions Red Ryu... just ctrl-f "Inferno3044" through D2's pages and search for what it isn't there: his posts regarding Red Ryu lol

4.- Lack of push on Gova. When Gova claimed, Inferno's reaction was an immediate vote on him. Guess what? He never pursued that later. The last time he mentions Gova is in his #1355. Again in #1496, he'd just join Kantrip's lynch, not even mentioning Gova, by saying stuff like "people, don't forget Gova though" or something similar. Seems like he wanted to evade the "either Gova or me" situation.

5.- By discard. As I said, his interaction with RR was non-existant, and also his eventual interactions with Gheb haven't provoked a disconnection to my eyes. Anyways, by discard, let's look at the other players:

Deffinitely not scum with Gheb and Red Ryu:
Lego (255, 315-323, 339, 480, 851, 966, 1020, 1133, 1134, 1176, 1394, 1421, 1483)
Glyph (443, 444, 1030, 1098, 1107)
Raziek (609, 610, 794)
Kantrip (153, 165, 182, 184, 451-453, 939, 940, 1005, 1287)

There are some indications that these players are not scum with Gheb and Red Ryu (aka evaluate disconnections in parentheses):
Gova (501)
Ryker (191, 312)

Could be scum with Gheb and Red Ryu due to lack of significant disconnections:
Inferno
SangfroidWarrior

(Note: in parentheses are posts that indicate disconnections with either RR or Gheb imo. Analysis is up to post 1520 in page 38 - 40ppp)

---

ok gg scummers :awesome:

Ryker, Kantrip, Lego, Gova... my fellow town reads :awesome:, tell me what you think of this, and how convinced are you on Inferno-scum, if you are

PS: Inferno, don't even try to defend yourself talking to me; I won't take back anything neither change my mind ragarding you being scum. The best thing you can do, is convince others that you're not scum, AND offering a different scum-pick that could be RR's and Gheb's partner. Seriously, don't turn this in a locked discussion with me like Gheb did with Lego D2. Defend by convincing others, not me.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
A better question is why you used it on Gheb without knowing what abilities he had. Normally you'd wait to use a one-shot ability like that so you know what ability you would be hasting.

@Ninja, lvl 1 time mage also gets the Stop ability.
Right, completely forgot about that.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Raz, Rajam, Inferno, Gova, etc.

Need more people to make him out it. I am 100% serious. I will lynch him before any other claims if he doesn't explain what he's talking about. It stinks, a lot.
Don't know what you're up to, but sure!

vote: DtJ Glyphmoney :awesome:

Inferno comes next, deal?

Rajam

Smash Champion
I used it on who I thought was town. Just curious, are you gonna scum google me all game? I'd rather not have to RB you based on this but it's right now really tempting.
Yeah I'll tunnel you ALL GAME. Your best shot is talking to others and convince them, and offer a good scumpick, with quotes and detailed reasoning, since I'm not taking back my case, so, the route described before would be the best route you can follow and the most pro-town one to defend yourself.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Okay, I'll admit probably using haste N1 was a dumb idea, but I wanted to perform one of my time mage abilities and didn't wanna RB/VB someone. Also I guess I'm just gonna ignore Rajam because he openly admitted he won't talk to me or change his mind. Rajam, are you a lyncher? You sound a lot like one.

Anyways since Radumb doesn't wanna listen to me, I'll point something out. Rajam was chosen to shoot me. Let's see what sounds fishy about that:

-Rajam was the only person to try and put pressure on me.
-Hasting Gheb =/= me scum. Why not say Gova is scum for protecting him N1?
-I'm going with the hunch that scum thought Rajam would shoot me regardless of what people thought causing me to die, flip town, and then have town attack Rajam. 2 kills right there. Possibly 2 town kills.
-I was chosen over a LOT of scummier people including RR and Kantrip (with RR scum I think Kantrip is more towny).
-Rajam is completely scum goggling me. Probably 75% or more of his posts were scum goggling me.

@Gova - I think I owe you an apology regarding yesterday. My bad bro.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Yeah I'll tunnel you ALL GAME. Your best shot is talking to others and convince them, and offer a good scumpick, with quotes and detailed reasoning, since I'm not taking back my case, so, the route described before would be the best route you can follow and the most pro-town one to defend yourself.
Please someone look at this and say this isn't a pro-town move.

Top Bottom