• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Please, please talk about this. Go more into it. I feel him as a stronger town read and I feel HBW is scum out of those two. Do you see where I am coming where one of them is more likely scum? OS's action read as town for me and it's going to take convincing for me to go against that read, but the possibility is there. Basically the door on townMC isn't close as is I am 100% on dabuz being town at this time which cascades into DSH being town.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I never said toDay. There are other fish that need to fry. I just wanna get em ****ed outta hear. I agree that there's scum between him and HBW, and that if Carnage is town than I'd think (what is now) Bardull is scum. But I get more townHBW and more scumCarnage. I read this as a big scumOS setup situation, it's all too robotic and feels real grimy man. It's hard to explain.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ya know, I am not going to go into my Sang/Marshy case toDay because it is going to detract on what I feel should end the day, however, I do have in on back-up in my holster.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : I actually know why you have HBW as town. Is it because his reads, especially Sang's, had mirror reads to yours? Leading question is leading but I feel this is the only real way to word this. I also feel that based on (outside) of this game, you'd be more willing to think Marshy as town rather than OS. And the same with me. (though to be honest with Ryker in the hydra, and Sang in their hydra, we would be opposite) However, the fact is, I may have been blinded by me moreso, wanting them to be town, rather than them actually being town.

I'm going to move into responding to Acro's rebuttal on me, but that should be the end of it since he has disappeared.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I never said toDay. There are other fish that need to fry. I just wanna get em ****ed outta hear. I agree that there's scum between him and HBW, and that if Carnage is town than I'd think (what is now) Bardull is scum. But I get more townHBW and more scumCarnage. I read this as a big scumOS setup situation, it's all too robotic and feels real grimy man. It's hard to explain.
Going to bold this. I read this too. But I saw it through a different light. Your explanation of his play though, is spot on. OS as scum has that ulterior motive behind every action. Tbh, OS has an ulterior motive behind every action, however, I am reading his motives as that he is trying to trap scum rather than trap townies in his web. I mean, he can still be trapping townies into following him based on what he feels is correct, but I am not finding him as scummy. The only post that struck me as forced was Ryker's posts towards me and saying he would lynch me/my town reads which was anti-town, but signature Ryker. Can you actually talk about that post with me? It is an unanswered question since OS has been in control this entire time.

I think to crack this hydra as scum, you'd need Ryker to post since he is more transparent as scum then that of OS.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry for not posting today, I've had a very exhausting day and will not get to reread and post before tomorrow.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I want J's head on a pike if Scary is lynched and flips town.

I'll vote him to avoid a NL but not the direction I want today, Creative Wiz kids need to talk about what their slot did.
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ can you confirm Gova went off how the posts were and not how the "bug" listed them as?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I want J's head on a pike if Scary is lynched and flips town.

I am going to ask this with a grimace, but why Ruy? Who are you looking at if Scary flips scum? Who are my scum-partners if I am town? Also has Joey officially replaced out and it's just you now?

@ BarDulL BarDulL : Why the piggyback off of nothing?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
^agreed

j marshy was just being marshy.
J said:
Before people even bring up the notion of "lol that's just marshy.", you are correct in saying that this is "just marshy" but this is the marshy from Scott Pilgrim and DeadPool mafia.
I know you couldn't possibly know/answer how I would like marshy/sang to have, but since you are that slot now, the burden is on you. Your reasoning is not strong enough and I went into why to counter-act the "marshy just being marshy" story that was more than likely to come up.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Dunno why Ran liked this when 3/4is speculation on info not fully explored.

I'll give you the play part but the role part is garbage.
I will admit it's speculation, but the biggest point of the speculation is to show that Scary's role has ridiculously powerful potential.

BTW, Asked this in 1649 and don't think I got a response (if you did answer, just quote it please)

"Also, do you agree with Acro's case on J or are you voting him for other reasons? I know in your 1454 you stated a dislike for him not doing much outside of Scary pressure but I figure you have more reasoning if you're voting him now."

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@J

you're not confident that scary is scum but you're still ok with going with the lynch. it just seems sus that you're basically being non-committal to the slot and postulating you can see him being town but still being down to body him. kinda makes me think you're trying to keep your hands clean upon his lynch if he flips town. there's also the fact that you confirmed what he claimed about you visiting me and your complete 180 on my slot...it all just seems kinda fishy and i don't know where it's coming from or what spurred this revelation about hbw's early play. manufactured is the word i'd use to describe this series of events. the scary case is also kinda hollow...i mean you've said he doesn't seem genuine or vapid but i'd need to see more of what you're talking about. one more thing: you're not really aiming for your actual scum reads and instead pushing for a player you feel you could be wrong about.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J

you're not confident that scary is scum but you're still ok with going with the lynch. it just seems sus that you're basically being non-committal to the slot and postulating you can see him being town but still being down to body him. kinda makes me think you're trying to keep your hands clean upon his lynch if he flips town. there's also the fact that you confirmed what he claimed about you visiting me and your complete 180 on my slot...it all just seems kinda fishy and i don't know where it's coming from or what spurred this revelation about hbw's early play. manufactured is the word i'd use to describe this series of events. the scary case is also kinda hollow...i mean you've said he doesn't seem genuine or vapid but i'd need to see more of what you're talking about. one more thing: you're not really aiming for your actual scum reads and instead pushing for a player you feel you could be wrong about.
Not at all. What it actually means that I am open to being wrong, which is a definite possibility. How is it scummy to be wrong? I can definitely say that my feelings on Scary scum have been starting to go down based on his posts. Also Scary is still a scum-read so your last sentence is just wrong. I am just saying that there is a possibility that I am wrong because I do not know for 100% Scary is scum. To say that I do would be foolhardy.

You say my push on your slot is "manfactured", please explain.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I will admit it's speculation, but the biggest point of the speculation is to show that Scary's role has ridiculously powerful potential.

BTW, Asked this in 1649 and don't think I got a response (if you did answer, just quote it please)

"Also, do you agree with Acro's case on J or are you voting him for other reasons? I know in your 1454 you stated a dislike for him not doing much outside of Scary pressure but I figure you have more reasoning if you're voting him now."
Just because his role his role is powerful doesn't mean it can't exist.

Plus his info at the very least is confirmed on the J side.

I'm more so questioning if Gheb even roleblocked anyone.

I agree with Acro, J is scum.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
hmm well to be fair i'm kinda in the same boat about scary and i'm also starting to feel that he could be town as opposed to my previously null approach to his slot. anyway i'm not saying it's scummy to be wrong, i'm saying that you could be trying to keep your hands clean when scary gets lynched via not being committal to the slot by saying "well he could be town or he could be scum, more town lean than scum lean, but i'm down to body him for results." can you see how that would be beneficial to you on a town flip if the intent weren't questioned? people would just be like "oh well j thought scary was town and only bodied him for progression purposes, lets give him a pass." i can easily see you as scum trying to pull this shtick where you want to try to finish off scary while you still can since he's a claim pr with confirmed ability use while trying to keep your hands clean. i just don't know why you wouldn't rather prioritize your scum reads (like acro who i presume you feel more strongly about) at this point otherwise.

wrt "manufactured" you were totally fine with my slot 100% all Day toDay and then you had some cray revelation, seemed like it came outta nowhere but i'd like to know what initially spurred this thought process despite what seemed to be a hard town read.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I never said I was fine with your slot D1. I even made it clear that I was not wanting to express an opinion on your slot or MC yesterDay.

On phone cuz too tired/too lazy to open my laptop so more in depth things will be tomorrow.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu : Answer my questions please.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I won't be looking into HBW's slot based on they bore me and with Bardull posting things, I have no reason to look into them. They are a town read so until someone shows me a reason why they could be scum or Bardull posts something that makes me question him, I am fine with pretending they are just another number to the game.
i'm referring to this...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
J I really just don't like how you have played this game.

- I asked for what Dietz was town, you don't give me anything to work with. Instead tell me to look. This is a scum tell to me, people when they are town will help others see their train of thought, here, why not just tell me on the spot? There is no reason other than to either mislead or ignore the question. I don't care that he flipped town I care about why you made that train of thought. I was wrong here but it's something I gotta deal with.
- Your lack of rethough on either flip, Scary could flip either alignment and I get the feeling you would push the same people from your long post when I read it earlier. I don't get any sense of effort to reevaluate on either. Flips matter but your comments on the mater give me the feeling you don't care with either flip.
- Why is Bardull/Marshy just a concern?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
As far as the claims are concerned we still have a contradiction to deal with. Scary's claim to have tracked people is not immediately compatible with what Nabe and I have claimed. Scary couldn't have tracked through two roleblocks unless something happened but if he was hastened he couldn't have seen anybody either. That means that Scary's claim can only be truthful if the claims of either Nabe or me are lies [or both of them] and the other's action has failed for some reason [or both actions have]. Since different roleblocks happen simultaneously in the NAR, Nabe can't have been roleblocked. It's also not very likely that he's lying about his claim because his roleblocking ability has been proven via Overswarm's claim. Both of them being scum pulling off a play like that against each other seems extremely unlikely and ultimately not beneficial enough for scum.
The only possibility that remains is that somebody has dropped Nabe to the bottom of the NAR while my roleblocking has failed at the same time. The latter is easily possible through the forum mechanics. Regardless of what has actually happened to my NA, unless I'm missing something somebody MUST have thrown Nabe's NA to the bottom of the NAR in order for Scary's NA to succeed.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu I could ask Gova about confirmation but I'm not sure if he can do that for there's a chance that he mod-confirms my NA. Since the assumed bug is a forum-related issue and not related to the game itself I asked Raz about it on Skype and he said he also noticed it. He said that Post #1001 by Dietz used to be on the same page as Post #1000 of yours truly. This is not the case anymore. I hope this bug will occur again because @ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage has marked the last posts of the players I claim to have targeted. If the # of these posts would increase by 1 again at one point it'd prove my claim.

@ Gova Gova
@mod
Request Votecount
Can you please verify my claim that the post #s have increased by +1 at some point during this game?

:059:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Bardull ()
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. Kreative Whiz Kids (4) MOD, MOD, Bardul, Bardul
5. Detective Sherlock Hound ()
6. J (1) Acrostic
7. Gorf ()
8. Dabunz ()
9. LBScary59 (3) Gheb, Ranmaru, J
10. Ranmaru ()
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (3) MOD, MOD, MOD
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - KWK, Gorf, Scary, NAbe, MC, DSH, dabuz, Vult

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is March 3rd at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6).

@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

I can't verify anything.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I can't vote so I'd appreciate it if people came to a lynch before deadline! Scary or J, happy with either at this juncture. Scum tracker seems very viable in this setup, worth noting.

@the thread having been moved a post, I'm pretty sure that this is the case, some posts in D1 seem off from where I remember them being.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
If the deadline is only extended to march 3rd I might just /out, Whiz Kids hasn't posted anything other than "tell me what's going on" and we need information to play the game. Half the game has replaced out at this point and this isn't "scum playing well" it's "deadline is too short due to everyone replacing out".

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr

"Why... why we have MOD votes?"

"That's no fun."

"And BARDULL'S voting us TOO!"

"That's no fun either."

"H-h-hi hi B- BarDULLL."

"Come on guys, it's time to hunt scum!"

"That sounds really boring."

"I bet it's BARDULL and MOD! They're voting for us!"

"Yeah, B-BarDULLL and... MOD."

"That's not how it's done! You've got to think creatively!"

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
again @ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage :

YOU STALLED THE WAGON FOR INFORMATION "HEY LETS WAIT FOR J. HEY LETS WAIT FOR GHEB. HEY LETS WAIT FOR SWISS. AND HIS REPLACEMENT."

DON'T PIN THIS ON THE DEADLINE FOR BEING TOO SHORT WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO REEL IN SO MUCH CLAIM INFO AND FOR WHAT?!?!?!

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
@mod request deadline extension
@ Gova Gova

You've had multiple replacements and one of your replacements made his first post right before deadline, which for some reason is a Monday.

Whiz kid, claim what you did last Night. Who you visited and why.

Top Bottom