• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
It's possible that I have stopped the kill. In fact, it's the most likely scenario because I have roleblocked no less than 4 players toNight - Gorf, DSH, Acrostic and Scary. Scary flipping town would not clear HBW via DSH's claim.

:059:
See this Gorf? "Confirmed NA" stuff right here. We can look at Gheb's play based off the info he has now and had back then that we didn't know about!

Gheb said:
Vote Detective Sherlock Hound
FoS Hardbody Warrior

Like say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

votes for DSH and FoS' Hardbody Warrior?

Does that fit with his NAs?

You bet it does, he blocked DSH. So far so good.

We now have the first concrete inclination that Gheb is town. Not proof, but an incliniation. Gheb had an option to block someone and blocked one of his reads and then followed up on no NKill by voting for one of his reads that was roleblocked.

We can also look at the other people in that list and say "is this solely because of DSH, or were the others under suspicion". In this case it's pretty obvious that Gorf, DSH, Acrostic, and Scary are all pretty disgusting slots at the end of D1 so concrete inclination that Gheb is town #2. There's absolutely no reason for scum to say "I'm going to roleblock these 4 ****ty hiding roles and not touch the giant in-your-face roles that could easily control town".

"But what if he's lyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing"

Then you lynch him

You know how stupid it is to claim to have roleblocked four freaking people?

Do you know what happens if Gheb says "I roleblocked player X, Y, Z, and Suzie Q" and none of them were actually roleblocked? If DSH came in and said "Uh, I wasn't roleblocked and have confirmation because I'm a role that can't be roleblocked and have confirmed town-available info saying my ability succeeded and no one will counterclaim" it's kill Gheb immediately. Complete and total wastebasket play. The only way he could do this is if he claimed to have roleblocked two people on the lynch and then two scummates that would be like "oh no my role didn't work". Super risky because if Gheb flipped a mafia sage then the other two would be outed. Plus the fact that a sage can only VB these:

DSH, Scary, Vult, HBW, MC, Nabe

As a sage, he could VB Scary and DSH. But Acrostic and Gorf weren't on there, so even if he was n0'd with quick or something like that there's no way he could have Sage'd them.

But let's say Gheb flips scum. A scum gadgeteer, Ryu's assumption of his role given that he RBed 4 people, would be pretty useful for a lot of things.

But would he RB his teammate? Doubtful. That'd be piss poor play, there'd be other things he could do. We could observe his posts and determine exactly who he could have targeted by what numbers. From this, we can determine who he DIDN'T choose.

Pandoras Box – Choose one of the abilities below. Then choose 3, 4, or 5. Any player with whos last post is evenly divisible by the number you selected will be targeted. You can be affected by this ability. You cannot use the same chosen ability two nights in a row.

Silence- Target player cannot use any active ability that Night and will effectively be roleblocked (as this is simultaneous, your ability still goes through even if you are roleblocked).
Last post numbers

1. Hardbody Warrior ()
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage #1332
4. Swiss (2) MOD, MOD
5. Detective Sherlock Hound ()
6. J ()
7. Gorf ()
8. Dabunz ()
9. LBScary59 #1331
10. Town PR ()
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe - #1333
14. Vult Redux ()

Oh wait we can stop there moving back from the lynch because "there's scary"

1,331 isn't divisible by 3, 4, or 5.

So Gheb is not a gadgeteer or is lying through his teeth.

heavy

Let's look at all the roles that can, ya know, roleblock. As Gheb has described.

Gadgeteer - NOPE, DOES NOT COMPUTE. You can't have a gadgeteer and any other role.

Time Mage - Nuh uh. "Stop" does the trick but it also voteblocks them.. and is for the NEXT phase.

Sage - sure thing, but only two of his 4 he claims to have roleblocked

Blue Mage - Sure, but you can ONLY BE A BLUE MAGE. He could maybe get ONE crazy double role block on two people depending on how gova works the role... but for this case NOPE.

Alchemist - I could see this if Gorf and Acrostic both RBed him and Gheb was a sage. That'd send out 4 RBs. But WTF at that mechanic-wise. Who sends out a RB while getting roleblocked and then duplicating that RB on the original RBers? Regardless this'd be super easy to test.

In conclusion, Gheb we're gonna need you to explain a bit here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Down for lynching J on principle, he's being onery for no reason.

will not vote for any of J's scum reads

will vote J and all his town reads

unless he starts cooperating with town instead of being a stick in the mud

If you want to lynch Scary, J... your vote on him is pushing that in the wrong direction. We want a scum lynch and prior to that we want information. Scary is one facet of a whole picture and I'm not pigeonholing that at all. I will totally throw caution to the wind and vote for you and only you all game regardless of yours, mine, or other player's alignments. I am not bluffing.

Take your vote off, start harassing Swiss for his info that we need (or his replacement), and cool your jets.

I'm incredibly sorry, but did I give the impression that I needed advice on how to get a lynch? Whether it's Ryker or OS, Actually I know it's Ryker-chan, baseless threats do nothing and getting off that armchair is definitely needed. I am co-operating with town and was the first one to start the wagon, plus the votes are still the same as before I asked the question. In fact, there are even less votes on him due to Vult complying to your demands to continously talk about NAs. What you meant to say in place of "comply with town" is "comply with me".

There are also quite a few....errors in this post, but I'm just going to let you be you...for now.

Ryker, I do not get this tactic. You've tried it in the past and it was futile. Basically, I am perplexed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay, I am not saying "**** NAs" altogether. Just right, now, there are way too many variables because even I have my own independent theory on what happened Last Night based on my own knowledge and understanding of what has been going on. I think it is WAY too early in the game, however, to be 100% trusting in what information we claim to know. If this was D4-D5, I'd be more willing to just listen to roles. No one is claiming, however, a guilty or knowledge without 100% doubt. That's my point, nothing is concrete. What is concrete, however, is the play we see before our eyes. This may be just "My opinion vs. MC's opinion" and I'm okay with that because not everyone is the same.

This is why I was super hesitant in signing up for this game and quite honestly, all the people I wanted to play with are out of the game and I am stuck with certain things and I hate games that are reliant specifically on set-up and it's not "mafia" it's "guess the NA/role".

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
How about that HBW read.
I just got back from work. I'm not delaying the read because I'm mafia hiding material because it'll corner me. If you haven't noticed in all the other games you piss me off, I finish my reads last. You might have to wait until Saturday for me to get my HBW read done because I'm honestly packed with non-stop work for the next three days.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why was that second sentence even needed?

God this game sucks, I am taking a break from it for a bit so I can focus on more fun things. I'll probably try to re-read D2 when I do get back but may not be back till Friday/Saturday.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nothing at the top of your head? Deadline is in 3 days I believe.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Didn't your case on me, even talk about the Scary push with knowledge around it...?
This wagon has no added interest or material. Much less Scary himself being a point of questions in order to draw content from the actual slot. For all intensive purposes, this lynch is developing into a policy lynch that's stagnating play around lynching inexperienced slots and sheeple who are simply shucking off their own kind into the abyss. The play here hasn't been so much a question of actual alignments and motivations as it has been one around surface play and contradictions. There are no human moments in this game. Carnage gets away with devoting a post to night actions because it's Overswarm who does role speculations. But when we don't know what roles mafia has or how the sum total of our interactions overlap with those of mafia, then what is the point of even contributing such a read when there are open variables that should be reduced by day oriented play and then retroactively considered once the scum pool has been dwindled.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

God this game sucks, I am taking a break from it for a bit so I can focus on more fun things. I'll probably try to re-read D2 when I do get back but may not be back till Friday/Saturday.
If you hate this game, then replace out. Why are you torturing yourself into playing something you think sucks. I don't need you the way you are right now. If you are town then you are fooling me, because this isn't a town J play that I see, but a death tunnel that I've seen since FF9. You said you are a connection based player, so tell me so I don't think you're bull****ting me. What comes from the Scary flip? He flips town what slots gets cleared from this? He flips mafia what happens with those slots? I don't play my early game by association or mechanics, so you're going to have to enlighten me if you really want me to change my game to brighten your dismal mafia experience.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Scummy is an adjective. Not an actual descriptive case of how Scary's day play is more scum oriented than town.
Yes scummy is an adjective, and it's one that describes his posts. You asked what the wagons about. The wagon is about scary's posts being scummy. Any more snide remarks?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Nothing at the top of your head? Deadline is in 3 days I believe.
I don't understand. I don't think you can surface read HBW or Carnage or Nabe or Gorf or any of these players who give a little bit of **** about playing the game. Nabe made a comment about J's current play being an isolated touch game where she was being exclusive on a few slots and not opening her reads to the larger pool of players. And I realized that my play was reflexively similar in that I'm going for easy reads and avoiding the hard ones. I think that half of the player cast currently has a huge level of depth and I respect the play that they've contributed because I simply did not consider that direction or was surprised by how deep it hit me. I don't want to out fluff and if I get lynched I can accept that because I am definitely outclassed this game. However, I will still do everything to push ahead with my own play style and won't compromise if I don't personally understand the direction that the lynch is being pushed for and how it's moving.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman

What D2? Half the playerlist replaced out and the only real push has been towards Scary, which resulted in no further information for people who weren't ready to follow that lynch through.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
So basically **** play, you're gonna go off of petty assumptions of NA's. But hey at least you admitted it.
If I was going to lynch off play alone I'd start with you. Claim to have no vote, don't contribute to town, just tag along with whatever's convenient at the time and post arbitrary platitudes and generalizations.

See? I could push a lynch by just saying "thur scummy" too. If only you had a case...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ #HBC | Acrostic #HBC | Acrostic : I think you can look at my #1488 to get an idea on HBW. I have already put the time to making the case, so that might help you with making a deeper read. Tell me what you think of my reasoning on him, same as you did with talking to me about Scary. Have you read into HBW at ALL?? :confused:

Also, why are you avoiding the hard reads exactly?

#HBC | Gorf

Cool. Glad to know you're not judging based off play, and are in fact hardly reading into play.

Claim to have no vote? How do you make something like that up? I proved it yesterDay, I'll prove it again if you really want. Don't contribute to town? You're wrong, I just happen to have been absent throughout the first half of the Day and therefore am left temporarily out of the loop, but nice try. Just tag along with whatever's convenient at the time? Hardly so, but again nice try. Arbitrary platitudes and generalizations? I can say you're doing the exact opposite (shoving word vomit down town's throats) and achieving the same results you seem to be implying that I'm achieving.

Again, I appreciate your admittance to not taking Day play into account :)

#HBC | Gorf

Carnage what's your angle? Feel free to answer that in whatever manner you please, I'll read it no matter how long it is. After all, as a townie, you have to have some opinions that aren't merely based on the possible NA's that have been laid out in front of you. Right?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will tell you one thing. Carnage isn't willing to have a back and forth, he simply wants to get done whatever he wants to get done. YesTerday I was asking him about Nabe to get his thoughts on him. No, he only wants me to talk to him about Nabe. Not the other way around. Yet, it's the same with Nabe.

They both are ignoring their play from YesTerday to push this NA lynch through ToDay. It isn't telling, simply concerning. Especially when Carnage pushed Nabe for no frickin' reason, and then there is an obvious disconnect toDay.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryker, I do not get this tactic. You've tried it in the past and it was futile. Basically, I am perplexed.
How does this affect your read on Carnage? Thoughts on my #1704?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ #HBC | Acrostic #HBC | Acrostic : I think you can look at my #1488 to get an idea on HBW. I have already put the time to making the case, so that might help you with making a deeper read. Tell me what you think of my reasoning on him, same as you did with talking to me about Scary. Have you read into HBW at ALL?? :confused: Also, why are you avoiding the hard reads exactly?
Ranmaru said:
- Has nabe as null, yet says Sang wants to push Nabe and he lets it pass. Then he starts to scumread him for things he didn't mention in D1. Opportunistic, and Sang didn't even come in to comment on this herself.
- Suspects Dabuz, but also tries to shut down Dabuz's questions approach (regarding Scary's play)

I find my fourth point is my strongest. I essentially think Hardbody Warrior has been very opportunistic, trying to mislynch whoever he feels is looking bad in the thread, and especially Nabe, who looks bad only because of MC's attempts. I like Nabe's approach to try to feel out Marshy, and I dislike Marshy slapping his hand away simply because Nabe liked Vult's vote on marshy, which does have merit. Again, I think it was very opportunistic of Marshy to say that he's fine with letting a lynch go by on since it was Sang's 'who wanted it', but then he also gets a scumread on Nabe for things he didn't even point out D1. I want him outta here.
Allowing Sangfroid to lead a lynch on a null read isn't a scum tell. Marshy's decision to let the read go through is consistent with his lock and chain comment in early D1 with Sword that there would be no white knighting in this game. There are also different ways of describing a tell as "null" which often isn't detailed. If you can demonstrate that the null read he placed on Nabe was a measurement decision in which he actually evaluated the slot and put it down as a null then I would look into it as a fos. However, if he was vague about the nature of the null read then it could be that he actually never read the slot, he doesn't have a strong opinion on the slot, or he doesn't care about the slot in the slightest because he's focused on one or two players on the side. If any of these latter reasons are the indicator that he's using then I don't believe that allowing Sangfroid to come out the gate with her own fos is seen as scummy play. I believe that what would be more relevant is if marshy had a sincere mafia read on a slot and subbed that out for Sangfroid after replace in because I think it would be an indicator of insincerity in the read itself and is a scummy inconsistency that should be looked at for intent. However, that's not the type of situation that you're demonstrating to me as to why this slot is a strong mafia read to you.

Second, I looked over your quotations list for the slot and didn't note the post where marshy is scumreading Nabe (somewhere around here on D2 right?). However, developing a Nabe fos now at this point in the game when didn't have one on D1 isn't a scum read to me because I can broadly understand the idea that someone could change their fos given any considerations that happen over night in addition to the Jdietz flip. I don't see a scum motivating factor here or how the reaction show a scum oriented line of action from scum marshy or a town oriented line of action from town marshy. I see a list of items that you found questionable, but I don't quite follow how these are actions that necessarily a mafia marshy would pursue in order to further his win condition. I think that you pointed out some things you felt odd about the slot, but there could be a bit more expansion on it before I consider helping you vote it out.

#HBC | Gorf

I will tell you one thing. Carnage isn't willing to have a back and forth, he simply wants to get done whatever he wants to get done. YesTerday I was asking him about Nabe to get his thoughts on him. No, he only wants me to talk to him about Nabe. Not the other way around. Yet, it's the same with Nabe.

They both are ignoring their play from YesTerday to push this NA lynch through ToDay. It isn't telling, simply concerning. Especially when Carnage pushed Nabe for no frickin' reason, and then there is an obvious disconnect toDay.
No, it is telling. Nabe has nothing to live for as town since he's doomed aside from approaching different avenues and helping his town reads, so to an extent I'm willing to excuse the dumb in his play. But what's the point of getting things done if he has no sense of direction? His posts are huge, but they're about as objective as they get, and all that's hidden by the fact that the slot makes it impossible for town to comprehend. Regardless of his alignment, that's what he's doing, and personally I'm not a fan.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Also, why are you avoiding the hard reads exactly?
I'm lazy and want to take out all the easy question marks before moving on to the harder ones. In a time constricted setting in which the time given every day phase is cutting me short, it's the most effective way for me to play to my picky attitude of only wanting to push the right plays no matter what.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, it is telling. Nabe has nothing to live for as town since he's doomed aside from approaching different avenues and helping his town reads, so to an extent I'm willing to excuse the dumb in his play. But what's the point of getting things done if he has no sense of direction? His posts are huge, but they're about as objective as they get, and all that's hidden by the fact that the slot makes it impossible for town to comprehend. Regardless of his alignment, that's what he's doing, and personally I'm not a fan.
He only cares about getting cleared. See, we have Scary. Yet the NA's aren't resolved because more people that RB'd came out, and it makes the 'confirmation' a mess. I just am in between a rock and a hard place, because I strongly scum read Scary/HBW, but these two have me worrying. (That's why I said concerning, as I'd definitely look at Nabe/MC upon a Scary Town Flip) I'll say this: He came in expecting for Scary to have sent in the NK, but why would Scary be the go to man to send in the kill if he was under such pressure and scrutiny D1?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm lazy and want to take out all the easy question marks before moving on to the harder ones. In a time constricted setting in which the time given every day phase is cutting me short, it's the most effective way for me to play to my picky attitude of only wanting to push the right plays no matter what.
Alright. Try to think about Nabe/MC for me when you can then.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Okay let's begin: You stated that my case on Scary was coming across as insincere because of the fact that I did not ISO every single one of his posts and point out where they were directly scummy? The thing that pushed it over the edge was his reads post which I did expound upon and explain. Sorry, not sorry, if you felt it was weak but it was strong enough to garner a following of people who believed what I was saying. The rest of your paragraph just does not make sense since it is directly opinion based on holds no ground as to why you find me as scum.

I never asked for an ISO. What I stated was that you formed a scum case on him using a very general outline of contradictions in his case stating that the play felt fake, however you didn't elaborate on how contradictions in his play was faked and threw in the unrelated comment that he was throwing a fake persona which is a tangent added on for no purpose other than to 1. pad content 2. give the impression of your read being in media res.

Other people believing that the reads post merited a vote does not substantiate that the read vote merited the votes assigned to it. To draw a parallel, just because there is a strong trend of smoking to relieve stress it does not deny the fact that smoking is intrinsically wrong. It simply means that a lot of people decided to go along for the ride.

J said:
I disagree with the white paragraph because I did show how they are fake...hence why people joined me in voting him. Plus I also wrote that quite a few reads were not strong of mine based on how I play, tough luck there but that's my answer and what I'll stick to, to my own death in this game.

Also w.r.t. my read on Gheb. I didn't "grandstand" anything, I merely said Gheb is a bad player and therefore I have to look at his play through a different angle which makes me believe he is more likely to be bad town rather than bad mafia. Just so I don't fall hypocritical to what I said to Gheb in terms of passive aggressiveness. I don't think Gheb is a good player at this game at all. I've expressed this multiple of times with nicer words but if people don't want to play nice I can't honestly care for them. So I am sticking to my guns there, Acro, that just because Gheb plays poorly, doesn't mean I should find him as scum.
You showed how the reads were contracted, but you didn't explain why the contraction within his reads meant that he was faking them. It is one thing for a set of reads to be inconsistent, but another to state that someone is faking their reads. If someone is faking their reads and not keeping them in proper fashion then a logical consequence would be that they are inconsistent and the reasoning clashes. However, it is a logical fallacy to state that finding someone who has inconsistent reads that contradict each other is an indicator that the person is faking.

In other words. If A = faking, B = inconsistent reads. Then I 100% agree with you that, If A, then B is a rational argument to make that I can support with all my weight. However, you are arguing that because B is present, then A. This is less likely to be plausible for a variety of conditions which I have touched upon and to humor you, it's because Scary isn't someone who strikes me as being a player who cares enough to keep consistency in his voting behavior or reasoning. Scary just flat out isn't playing this game on the same level as everyone else. You will have to concede to that objectively.

What you don't have to agree on is the level of allowances we give to those players in judging their behavior. I give a proportionally high allowance to new players against my judgment and I support them to encourage them getting more into the game because I believe that these slots will give away more information the longer they are present in the game and given the support and the responsibility to have a say in the game then if they are simply on the end of the fos wagon and PL'd when it remains inconvenient to keep them. I chose to fully throw my weight behind DSH not because I am so brashly confident that they are town, but because I want them to know that I'm lending them support in order to see how their reads develop with they are under the impression that they matter and are not another slot that is being used to play second wheel to the popular lynch makers in usual games. I'm not giving a "pass" to these players. And if you understand what I'm writing now, you can see why I would be annoyed by the term. If we throw that term around, we give "passes" out to the experienced players because they don't scum slip or make stupid movements. However, these players should be the ones to be held to a higher standard and are personally the people I target first if I feel that their play is substandard and contains no visible form of free form thinking and are sticking to playing the game rather than winning it.

I don't give much a **** about Gheb (himself) as I do about you and your push on Scary this game with relation to Gheb. Gheb gets the pass in early game and you nullify the slot using meta. You used meta to nullify the slot rather than to push the slot or to expand on it. This is fine. However, this is also a reference I used when you pushed on Scary.

The Scary push involved little to no meta filter despite you playing a noobie game together. Aside from simply writing this off as you deciding to personally make the choice to give Gheb the pass and Scary the lack of meta balance was that you were called out in between these two instances for not taking a hard position on anyone and smudging up the reads.

I personally remember when we played FF IX mafia together you tunneled me since D1 and harped on me for surface level contradictions without going any deeper in terms of reads or asking for my meta or trying to reconsider like you did the other player cast. I see a similar pattern developing with Scary, however I didn't want to directly mention the game itself because I thought that your habituation on the slot without bothering to make some measure of reevaluation spoke that you are either too confident on the Scary flip, too apathetic to the actual flip, and/or lacking an interest to expand reads on many other slots and that alone would be sufficient to justify my push on you.

I really want to get at your core. Do you really believe that Scary will flip mafia? Or is he simply the needed sacrifice or the best option due to time constrictions and a busy schedule that prevents really making good reads on everyone? Because then let's be honest and just say that Scary has to die because the slot plays at a sub-par level that no one wants to leave in the game. I feel that these games contain a level of insincerity with the rhetoric that gets thrown around to explain why someone is mafia. However, the rhetoric is used to apply pressure and should never be the bottom line admission at the end of the day. I'd like to think that this game can contain a degree more of sincerity to the person who gets lynched rather than pretending they were lynched for faux reasons to make the case in point convincing to push through.

J said:
"The rhetoric should be different." <---- That's your main reason in this paragraph and quite honestly it's weak since, that's your opinion that isn't substantiated by anything, not even meta which is the lowest form of convincing. You say my Scary suspicion is an FoS yet I clearly pointed it as a vote towards who I thought was scum. To you, you say that it is a weak suspicion like an FoS but you are not explaining it as to why. You say it's a summarization, but how. You say that it is a lighter suspicion, proof it. If you have proof or a harder reason to doubt why I am not thinking Scary is scum, then you need to start explaining.
J said:
A lot of your points are based on your opinions/how you think I should have gone about doing things based on frivolous reasons that don't add up in the long wrong.

If it was a vote towards someone you thought was scum, then I didn't understand the need for you to write:

J said:
"For now; Vote: Scary There needs to be a new push besides Town PR/Ditzy/Gheb and I feel this would be the best course of action to look at things."
This does not encapsulate at all what you just wrote:

J said:
"I clearly pointed it as a vote towards who I thought was scum."
Using words like, "there needs to be a new push" isn't direct language like "this person is mafia and should die today." Using words like, "I feel this would be the best course of action to look at things" is not direct like, "this person is mafia and should be lynched."

The wording is completely off if you were aiming for a Scary = scum vibe in the paragraph I quoted to you. THESE QUOTATIONS EMPHASIZE TEAM MECHANICS, TEAM BUILDING, TEAM ORGANIZATION, OR TEAM DIRECTION. THEY DO NOT HIGHLIGHT INDIVIDUAL SUSPICION, BINGO'ING MAFIA, OR SECURING THE LYNCH ON SOMEONE WHO MUST BE LYNCHED.

Yes, you voted Scary. However, if I'm not mistaken votes aren't exclusively used towards solely pushing on mafia suspicions. They are used to apply pressure and get deeper reads on the slot being voted and also the slots not being voted. You vote people in RVS and they are hardly an indication that you really think they are mafia. Why the **** am I explaining something like this. YES YOU VOTED SCARY BUT THE "QUOTED MATERIAL" DOES NOT INDICATE THE VOTE WAS FOR YOUR FOS ON THE SLOT.

J said:
The bolded in this paragraph is a bold-faced lie. My Scary conviction came much later after those posts and I had also been posting about how I didn't care that people thought it was scummy that I didn't have a strong scum-read and that it was tough luck. Regarding your logic, you are trying to make it sound as if as soon as it started (it being the qualms towards me not having strong reads) I scrounged up a scum-read just to get people off my back. However, that isn't what occured so you need to correct your facts on this point.
NO I DO NOT. I DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS BECAUSE YOUR PLAY TRANSITION IS MARKED QUITE CLEARLY BY THE TRIGGERING EVENT OF YOU BEING PRESSURED FOR NOT BALLING HARD ENOUGH 4 THE BALLER YOU ARE. TIME IS A RELATIVE CONCEPT, FANTASTIC. "MUCH LATER" = "HOW MANY POSTS" ??? BECAUSE IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN, "SCROLLING DOWN ON THE WEB PAGE" = "SCROLLING DOWN THE WEB PAGE." IT IS AN OBJECTIVE TRUTH THAT IF YOU ARE USING 40 PP YOU CAN SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE AND GET YOUR FOS. I CONSIDER THIS TO BE:

Acrostic said:
Contextually the Scary FOS came right after J was called out for playing conservatively and not taking a risk by developing a mafia position.
UNLESS WE ARE SAYING, RIGHT AFTER I.E. I STARTED TYPING IN CAPS RIGHT AFTER I GOT MAD AT THIS DEFENSE. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SPAN OF SECONDS OR MINUTES. NO, IT MAY NOT BE EVEN DAYS. BUT IN THE SENSE THAT YOU CAN SCROLL DOWN ON 40PP AND STILL FIND PRESSURE ON THE SLOT.

GODDAMN, IF YOU JUST SAID THAT YOU FOSSED SCARY BECAUSE YOU WANTED PEOPLE OFF YOUR BACK I WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY HOPPED OFF YOUR BACK. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS.

J said:
Let's go into the fact that I'm a connection player based on Ditzy flip. I was the hardest pusher of Ditzy town yesterDay. Since I believed Ditzy to be town and he flipped the way I thought he would, how does that even come close to changing my reads? I am still on the same mindset and track that I was on since D1. Ditzy is scum while I don't like your slot at all, especially more at this poor attempt of a case to call me scum. However, I haven't had much time to be able to nail Scary in because of my hectic schedule (which is also why I have had a lack of content).
There is a huge difference between believing someone is town and charting entire teams on their potential flip being town. I assumed that with this promised hype of you being a connection based player, that your teams ran deeper than a single ditzy town read in terms of the connections you were making. I know you are on the same mindtrack you are on D1 with the same singular read on the same singular slot and not showing any visible growth to solidifying or closing reads or making an attempt to do such. I clearly haven't gotten a huge dislike territory or putting you in a dislike territory doesn't spur on activity because we're still looking at a static game with the next one on the PL list from D1. You don't have to nail Scary in one go, you can nail him piece by piece or part by part. Just a suggestion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage

I have used Silence 5. Scary had #1330 as his final post on Day 1, DSH #1325 [via Red Ryu], Gorf #1315 and Acro had another post # divisible by 5. If you check back the thread you will see that these post numbers have all changed by +1 compared to what I claim. I don't know the exact reason for it but I guess it has to be some forum-related glitch that at one point, the post number jumps up by one. It's really, really odd and I'm not sure whether a moderator or administrator can confirm it or not. If you check back though, you will see that I refer to a "post #999" of mine in my interactions with Dietz. This post has now become post #1000 and I have no idea why. In post #1185 Dietz quotes my link to post #999 but it'll show you that it has actually become post #1000. That's what must have happened with my Night action as well. All the posts that were divisible by 5 when I sent it in are no longer divisible now because they were all increased by 1. You will see that all the people I claim to have roleblocke have a number that's exactly 1 too high to be divisible by 5.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ #HBC | Acrostic #HBC | Acrostic

I still believe that you should give us your analysis of Scary's play first. Your entire case on J is based around the way he treated Scary compared to me. I've already told you that's nothing out of the ordinary. Moreover though, we still don't know what you actually think about Scary himself and that's kind of important because your read on J doesn't add up without Scary.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The deadline has been extended.

1. Bardull ()
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. Swiss (4) MOD, MOD, Bardul, Bardul
5. Detective Sherlock Hound ()
6. J (1) Acrostic
7. Gorf ()
8. Dabunz ()
9. LBScary59 (3) Gheb, Ranmaru, J
10. Ranmaru ()
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (3) MOD, MOD, MOD
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - Swiss, Gorf, Scary, NAbe, MC, DSH, dabuz, Vult

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is March 3rd at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gosh, do not do that. You're the only player making any sense (including me).
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : You see this bull****? ^ Also, @BarDulL did state that Nabe might be claiming the doom to be a ruse to stay alive, so we shouldn't let Nabe off that easy. Also consider that MC said he'd be lynching Nabe regardless but dropped it.

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage : What do you plan to do with Carnage after a Scary lynch and why? I want to know what you intend to do with him, as you suspected him before ToDay.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : You see this bull****? ^ Also, @BarDulL did state that Nabe might be claiming the doom to be a ruse to stay alive, so we shouldn't let Nabe off that easy. Also consider that MC said he'd be lynching Nabe regardless but dropped it.

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage : What do you plan to do with Carnage after a Scary lynch and why? I want to know what you intend to do with him, as you suspected him before ToDay.
I'll probably treat him to a steak dinner.

Top Bottom