• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
So are we lynching Scary or not? If Scary flipped scum it'd clear both of us and that'd be a two damn strong clears, and the odds of it being Scary if we're on the same page is pretty high.

Are you at all curious about who @Swiss picked for his second?
It's a bit strange that WL would pick you with any role that's on the table, but I can't say I'm into hounding Swiss about it. Is it really relevant to the Scary situation?

Don't you think if it was someone else, they would have pushed on that player by now with a vengeance?
Someone else that blocked the kill, you mean? Not if it were a protective role of some nature, no, or if it were caused by a Jump.

@claiming, yes, I still think it's warranted.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
It's a bit strange that WL would pick you with any role that's on the table, but I can't say I'm into hounding Swiss about it. Is it really relevant to the Scary situation?
It is if he targeted someone "not Scary" with the same role as you.

Someone else that blocked the kill, you mean? Not if it were a protective role of some nature, no, or if it were caused by a Jump.

@claiming, yes, I still think it's warranted.
Yeah, it's possible it was a jump or protect or something of the sort. If we mass claimed we'd certainly get one mafia kill toDay but I don't think that'd be worth it.

Do we gamble with limited information, or just out what we know and play normally and see where we move from there? I'd be fine with either, personally.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
hmm ok here's some of my thoughts that i want to put on the board:

not to come off as a blatant omgus since Town PR (ran/glyfe) did push towards HBW prior to me filling the marshy slot, but i didn't get the TownRan vibes that i was expecting in my read. i have an idea of why this might be but i'd like a little detail regarding ran/glyfe's approach to this game and how they are coordinating as a hydra.

i have inklings of hesitance towards the WL slot on the premise that WL's pushes on d1 seemed to lack substance or follow up. there were also big gaps in his approach to the game, i.e. he'd come in, post a long string of posts that didn't really push the game in a particular discernible direction, then phase out of existence, then do it again. also i didn't like his #242 when he was trying to encourage people to get on the dabuz wagon, but then he plays devil's advocate 5 minutes later and claims a town read on dabuz. it felt manufactured and kinda odd especially considering dabuz's play at the time wasn't inherently town (most of dabuz' posts at the time were centralized around discussing mechanics as opposed to an inherently pro-town approach to the game.)

nabe's play worries me to the extent that his death is presumably delayed until d4, all the while being a double voter. while being a double voter isn't indicative of alignment, nabe being selected as a 'doom' target doesn't make feasible sense from a scum standpoint in accordance with nabe's play; nabe's play wasn't conducive to scum hunting or being pro-town as it was generally unwilling to out reads or do much on d1 by his own admission. if i had to guess, and i'm sorry to out this if nabe actually is town, but i feel this is more likely an attempt of nabe's to shield himself until d4. the fear i have is that nabe might be trying to convey a message that he is a strong pr, but it's also possible that nabe has the intention of waiting things out until d4 and then claiming a big PR and saying 'doom' was a ruse, all the while being a scum double voter. that'd be a sick lylo plan because by d4 it's possible scum can win if none of them die beforehand. all that being said, nabe is still a threat and we shouldn't dismiss him despite his claim of being 'doom'ed.

also, nabe why do you have 3 mod votes wtf?

people i want to see vote and know where their head is at: gorf, vult, scary

acro is there anyone else that sticks out to you besides J? also if you can give me one solid town read that would be swell. (sorry if i missed a post where you already answered this but afaik you want J on the meat grinder and that's it).

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
@ Dabuz Dabuz : I think he was giving DSH the benefit of the doubt by saying he wouldn't expect Ryu to use a tactic. He is also town reading him off of them bouncing thoughts to each other in thread. I don't get a read from this either way (from Acro) but I will tell you I think he was more interested in DSH's push on Gheb rather than the read, source here:

@Detective Sherlock Hound
Am I reading you right? Was there anything off in what I said? Is there anything you want to add? What happened to the Gheb thing?
I say this because he kept asking Ryu/Joey about Gheb, and even included Gheb in his town read of DSH. That's all I have to say for that. I'll say it should be a null tell instead of a town tell, because not all hydra's talk all the time (some have to carry for different reasons you can't tell from in thread) or openly in thread. I think it's more of a hydra preference rather than alignment thing. He should be focusing on their other actions.

What do you think of Acrostic's vote/reasoning on J? Does Acrostic's read on DSH concern you?

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
not to come off as a blatant omgus since Town PR (ran/glyfe) did push towards HBW prior to me filling the marshy slot, but i didn't get the TownRan vibes that i was expecting in my read. i have an idea of why this might be but i'd like a little detail regarding ran/glyfe's approach to this game and how they are coordinating as a hydra.
I don't see what kind of vibes you were looking for. I'm certain you can read me with the pushes I have given YesTerDay and ToDay. Don't expect extra posts from either head as we are both busy, one with work, and the other with school. I have already explained this before the game started. That's something you'll have to live with. Now instead of talking about old meta, how about you actually talk about my actions and how you think they align besides 'ranmeta'.

Since you are caught up, what are your current reads on Acrostic, Scary, and DSH?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Actively lurking

I'll catch up in full before I lay my head to rest. I was working as **** this weekend and I'm using today to catch up on non work related ****, including this game.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Glyphmoney side of this hydra dropping out. I haven't been reading and will just get in Ran's way as is.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ Town PR Town PR
Kinda the same as Gorf since my niece is as slow as a rock with this project. So happy that it's outta my hair tomorrow. Essentially did the thing for her. Bleh.

Addressing your question about Acro, I answered that on the last page about being his proxy double voter. If I agreed with his pushes, I would think of coming along.

Regarding his recent push on J, I liked it. He essentially picked apart the "fake" part that I really disliked when I first saw it after J originally came at me. I didn't see value in that, so agreeing with Acro's attack on that. In J's counter argument though, I see that some of Acro's points are as J mentioned them, opinions of how he would've came at me instead of how J did. It's hard to fault J for coming at me because even I thought I was playing poorly and I should also be aware that drunken musings will be a bad idea 8/10 times lol.

@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage
I outed my level 2? Level with me, where are you going toDay because I see you bringing up so many possibilities for night actions. You were sounding confident but now you speak of gambling. What is this?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ranmaru replace Town PR

@ #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary :

Ok. Tell me, what alignments do you lean on Acrostic and J? (Whatever comes at the top of your head, since you have a gist of what they are saying)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hi Ran, sorry your hydra died.

I want to like Acro so for now I'm going to town lean him. I like that there is another person vying for some semblance of town control and trying to organize some ideas for the day.

I dislike J. I do agree with Acro in a lot of points when he attacked my case. While I can qualify with points J made in his counter argument, it still left that bad taste in my mouth.

#HBC | Gorf

Oh no I misread Dietz and he was priest what a terrible thing I did I hope it didn't cost us the g-

Oh wait no kill 'sall good :cool:

1. Hardbody Warrior ()
2. Acrostic ()
3. Maximum Carnage ()
4. Swiss (2) MOD, MOD
5. Detective Sherlock Hound (1) Gheb
6. J ()
7. Gorf ()
8. Dabunz (2) HBW, HBW
9. LBScary59 ()
10. Town PR ()
12. Gheb_01 ()
13. Nabe (3) MOD, MOD, MOD
14. Vult Redux ()

Not voting - Acrostic, MC, Swiss, DSH, J, Gorf, Dabuz, Scary, TPR, NAbe, Vult

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is February 28th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6).
Hey if this can be explained that'd be nice. That whole doomed thing's a thing but what, does templar lv 2 lose the ability to vote if they're on a town wagon or something? Yes I'm lazy and ignorant sue me.

Yo HBW, why you got no MOD vote.

Also @Gheb like your start for toDay, no lie.
Hope this is answered, assuming the templar thing I postulated above is correct.

Lynching dabuz reeks of fake compromise almost as badly as lynching Nabe does. Not quite as much but almost. If anything, I'd be in favor of lynching Scary before these two.

It all seems really pointless though. We have such blatant scumbags doing their **** toDay that we don't have to make any compromises. Just lynch DSH toDay and ignore HBW's cockblocking / Carnage's misguided distractions and we'll make a huge leap forward. If neither lynch happens then at least let's lynch Scary.

:059:
Love EVERYTHING in this post aside from the DSH schpeal. Seriously what's peoples problem with that slot honestly you just gotta look to joey if you wanna see the obvtown juice ooze from the slot's pores.

So from here on out I'm gonna skim hard and keep my stances the same. I'm still voteless so get @ me mofo's. Scary or Carnage plz and ty.

#HBC | Gorf

Ctrl+f'd my name for the past four pages. If I missed anything important lemme know.

So I guess Bardull's not that guy that everyone hates anymore?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Never half-*** one thing. Whole *** two things.

Would post an image but I think that'd count as dodging the filter.

@ Dabuz Dabuz : I think he was giving DSH the benefit of the doubt by saying he wouldn't expect Ryu to use a tactic. He is also town reading him off of them bouncing thoughts to each other in thread. I don't get a read from this either way (from Acro) but I will tell you I think he was more interested in DSH's push on Gheb rather than the read, source here:

I say this because he kept asking Ryu/Joey about Gheb, and even included Gheb in his town read of DSH. That's all I have to say for that. I'll say it should be a null tell instead of a town tell, because not all hydra's talk all the time (some have to carry for different reasons you can't tell from in thread) or openly in thread. I think it's more of a hydra preference rather than alignment thing. He should be focusing on their other actions.

What do you think of Acrostic's vote/reasoning on J? Does Acrostic's read on DSH concern you?

Thanks, pretty much what I was looking for. Reason I brought this up is that the slots which town read DSH (HBW before replacement, Acrostic, Gorf, IIRC MC + you) have their read on him for a reason that I find unclear so when Acrostic explained his reasoning, I wanted to get a feel for if Acrostic's reasoning is similar to the reasoning other players have for town reading DSH and see if i'm just not seeing the town tells other slots see in DSH's (well, mostly RR's) play. My initial thoughts on Acrostic's reasoning are the same as yours, it's a null tell by itself. Acrostic does also mention meta which I feel is the strongest basis of his read, and it has it's place in reading, but shouldn't be the core basis of a read along with what amounts to gut feels on hydra playstyle. So yeah, the read does bother me because i'm starting to see a pattern of posts which are long, but contain very little substance in them. This is evident in his post on me from D1, what you pointed out in 1488 wrt WL, his Scary stuff from D1, and now his D2 read on DSH. I haven't yet read his case on J toDay so I will withhold further judgement until reading that to see if the pattern continues.

I'll take note of the Gheb thing now that you pointed it out.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't see what kind of vibes you were looking for. I'm certain you can read me with the pushes I have given YesTerDay and ToDay. Don't expect extra posts from either head as we are both busy, one with work, and the other with school. I have already explained this before the game started. That's something you'll have to live with. Now instead of talking about old meta, how about you actually talk about my actions and how you think they align besides 'ranmeta'.

Since you are caught up, what are your current reads on Acrostic, Scary, and DSH?
you imply that i can make reads based on the pushes you've given, but i'm not entirely satisfied enough with your slot in terms of the overall picture to make a pick between black and white as of this point in time despite your pushes here and there.

bolded/underlines reads as abrasive/somewhat annoyed (with my slot?), but i'm not sure what the would-be cause of this temperament is.

dsh is not the play today imho. scary i can see where people are coming from with respect to his ingenuity seeming lackluster. if push comes to shove, and MC's surefire evidence comes to light, i will hardbody scarylb in the spirit of hbc 420 yoloswag. i won't say that i'm completely sold on it, only that i will join the wagon if need be for progression purposes. acro is null for me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ BarDulL BarDulL :

Ok, so you aren't satisfied. Why aren't you? What exactly do you think of my pushes and reasoning (even the push on your slot)? What is your exact read on me?

It's a heads up for you to know that I pre-emptively stated I'd be very busy as I am in a harder school. Been very busy, even now I'm working on homework. So, I say that instead of expecting a ton of posts from me (which is what I assume you expect), try reading deeper into the content I have put out, as I have put plenty of effort into reading and thinking about those posts. I also say that you should look at my actions and not solely my meta, as it's too easy for you to simply slap a read and say 'meta' without providing the work. (Which is what you are doing now)

Why aren't you sold on Scary? Do you agree or disagree with Acrostic's case/vote on J? Why or why not?

#HBC | Gorf

Aight fuh sho I guess I'll go back to the depths of lurking, but this time I'll actually read while I do it. Tag me if ya want me :cool:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
it is still possible that you're using work/school as an excuse to weave in and out of game play as scum. i'm not saying that you are, but that it's possible, regardless of whether or not the possibility contradicts your aforementioned statements.

since it's of importance, i will tell you that when you weave in and out of play, i get the impression that it's opportune, like when pressure is applied in your direction or when you're facing scrutiny/not getting your way or simply to coast, as opposed to a forced absence in response to work/school. i'm wary of your slot at this point of time, but uninterested in pushing in your direction while biding my time to get a better read. related: the reason why i asked how you were coordinating with your hydra partner is because your general approach to the game feels like something i'm not used to, but i'll concede it can be chalked up to old meta and so i won't press further on that end.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf damnit

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ BarDulL BarDulL :

I understand, but you aren't actually talking about my actual play or pushes. If you think I coasted due to pressure, or am afraid to talk, etc, then show your work. Otherwise I don't think you have anything. I still don't see how you can be wary of me when you already have my thought process. Your waryness seems hollow. I would think if you were simply wary, you'd talk to me about reads as you were doing with Acrostic to understand my angle better.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ BarDulL BarDulL :

You forgot this: "Why aren't you sold on Scary? Do you agree or disagree with Acrostic's case/vote on J? Why or why not?"

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i've seen your thought processes, but i am unsure as to whether or not they are legitimate or manufactured at this point in time. but i might be teetering after a quick iso, don't expect it from me tonight though.

i'll illustrate tomorrow the gaps in play that i'm talking about wrt your slot. but don't try to jump on me if it's simply because d1 was a posting frenzy and i got the time stamps wrong (i can't see time stamps on the normal smashboards unfortunately.)

i'm not sold on scary because his alignment isn't immediately clear to me as of this point in time. i do see where people are coming from, but i don't necessarily have a firm grasp of what the truth is regarding that slot of my own accord, which is why i wanted to see a vote from scary in my #1564.

i like acro's approach to J because it's shows a nice individualist approach. it's pro-town and not clogging up the thread imho. i don't think J is the play though, which is why i asked acro where else he has been looking. the rest of his play has been null from what i can remember without looking back.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Love EVERYTHING in this post aside from the DSH schpeal. Seriously what's peoples problem with that slot honestly you just gotta look to joey if you wanna see the obvtown juice ooze from the slot's pores.
I'm atually willing to cut them some slack in case you didn't notice. ToDay is going to be a case between Acro and Scary imo. I'm just not sure about who should goes first yet.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I remember seeing this but I was distracted, sorry.

Your post did answer that, but the answer bothers me. Seeing that you're going into stuff in 1419 which alleviates my concern a bit. If the Scary wagon becomes a possibility toDay, are you willing to join? For Acrostic + DSH, read my 1392, that might help you see what others see. Tell me more about MC though since you seem to be leaning scum on him but i'm not sure exactly why, I just know which content makes you lean scum.
Yeah I'm for Scary wagon.

Has your DSH read changed since he started posting again and explained his hydra issues?

I can't say I lean scum on him or want him lynched because I think I like where his/Nabe's interaction is going today (still tbd). Specifically my issue with his interaction with you yesterday was that he had really weak points on you and when you refuted them

as you yourself pointed out:
Actually, there were quite a few questions thrown right back at you in that rebuttal. You need to justify a lot of stuff in there, especially since flat out were wrong in a few parts of it.
he moved on without acknowledging it.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm atually willing to cut them some slack in case you didn't notice. ToDay is going to be a case between Acro and Scary imo. I'm just not sure about who should goes first yet.

See things like this are helpful, that sounds great!

Truth be told I'm very willing to get rid of Acro. His posts scream nothing but logorrhea to me, and he doesn't seem intent on making himself any more clear. It's like, ****, we get that you know big words n stuff! WashedLaundry left no lasting impression, and I have no interest in reading any post of Acrostic's that has paragraphs thicker than my junk... But scary's scummy yah?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Scary
It took you longer to vote YesTerday rather than toDay. I'm just wondering why this is the case. (It's good that you are voting in a timely manner toDay, wondering where your head is at)

How's your scumlist toDay?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
It took you longer to vote YesTerday rather than toDay. I'm just wondering why this is the case. (It's good that you are voting in a timely manner toDay, wondering where your head is at)

How's your scumlist toDay?
I was voting all of Day 1, but it was only toward the end that I switched to a more relevant wagon. I didn't change my vote because I wasn't caught up enough to make a fair judgment about which wagon to choose.

my scumlist is very sad because most players have done things that like at least somewhat. My strong townreads are Dabuz and Nabe (again, as of toDay) while Gheb, Acro, HBW, MC, and DSH have all said things that I agree with / I think are town at some point.

By backup wagon of choice would be J but he isn't even that scummy; to the point where I'm not comfortable pushing that way right now.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
See things like this are helpful, that sounds great!

Truth be told I'm very willing to get rid of Acro. His posts scream nothing but logorrhea to me, and he doesn't seem intent on making himself any more clear. It's like, ****, we get that you know big words n stuff! WashedLaundry left no lasting impression, and I have no interest in reading any post of Acrostic's that has paragraphs thicker than my junk... But scary's scummy yah?
Raziek

Top Bottom