• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I can't remember who asked me to comment on scary wagon but I generally support it after after J's case and dabuz's followup posts.

if anyone is curious I am townreading dabuz and carnage.

noticed that nabes doesn't have a mod vote which might be important even though I don't think it's a good idea to be rolefshing his slot atm.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Oh and Gheb, totally glad to know you're able to come in to be smarmy but won't comment on the two wagons.

Pro play.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Ryker (Maximum Carnage?) - slight scum - I really don't like the way he has been handling things. In my opinion, a lot of his posts have been all pomp and no action. There was no response regarding the Scary wagon, and he's been stuck on Nabe's lack of doing anything for a long time without actually doing anything about it besides saying that Nabe is the play. Why is Nabe the play?
No hard feelings here. I was going to post the quote where you asked why Nabe is the play, but I find the above just absolutely hysterical coming from a hydra with Marshy in it.

But for real, what I wanted to do was ask you why I should lynch JDitz. I'd like an answer from Marshy rather than one from Sang that I'll inevitably skim and not get a solid answer from. I'm sure it would be full of wonderful quotes and examples, but what I want is the driving force that has Marshy hounding him in the first place. You know I don't need much. I'm not asking for a full blown case. I want you to point me so I can look myself because all I see right now is moron.

Secondly, can you tell me why in the world Nabe is NOT the play. His play is grating and his vote smells worse than the fish in his avatar.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
@Hardbody Warrior
@marshy

Wait, is it the role speculation? That dumbass post? Both these wagons are dumbbbbbbbbbbbbb. You have Nabe as null (according to the post where you mentioned the voters on the Scary wagon being questionable as ****). Why do you have him as null when there has been a slot on his **** for half the phase? Is that not a problem?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@ Dabuz Dabuz you'll get your answer if I remember when I get home. Mobile doesn't show post numbers :c or I mean you can quote it lol.

These scary responses have been just that.

Get real Marshstomp, Nabe's play has been less than admirable. If he claimed a ****ty role on top of it I would be totally down.
No. It hasn't. That's what the likes of carnage have you believe is a good play so you probably just went with that. And even then HE'S the one coming in saying that role doesn't have **** on alignment. Like I mean come on. At least carnage is trying to pin something real on nabe.

Ayy @Hardbody Warrior marshy half are you scum leaning on dabuz too? Cuz like personally when he was in luigis his post he did the 20 questions thing but they led him nowhere. Remember that? I'm just getting a more genuine vibe from em, I dunno. It's hard to explain lol

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Keep it up!

:059:
That is your comment?

First of all, grammar lesson:

"****test wagon ever" is singular and there are two. The subject isn't clear.

Second, that doesn't help anyone. You think everyone and everything is ****ty, this isn't news.

Nabe said:
I have trouble understanding why Ryker won't engage me...
Are you high?

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
@ Dabuz Dabuz you'll get your answer if I remember when I get home. Mobile doesn't show post numbers :c or I mean you can quote it lol.

These scary responses have been just that.

No. It hasn't. That's what the likes of carnage have you believe is a good play so you probably just went with that. And even then HE'S the one coming in saying that role doesn't have **** on alignment. Like I mean come on. At least carnage is trying to pin something real on nabe.
Agree that roles aren't bounds to kill someone. It's good to know and you can take a note of it. I mean I think it's kinda interesting that there are three double voters and Gorf doesn't have a vote, that's neat. I could reach a bit and say "the mod added in a double voter and a stump for mafia" as a balancing act. But that doesn't mean Gorf + double voter is a good play. It just means you take note of it and come back to it later if need be.

I don't fault JDietz for being opportunistic (AND HE IS, SO HE SHOULD STOP) even though it is grimy. Right now he doesn't have much of a case actually on him but more "it's there" and might happen. Self-preservation itself isn't scummy.

If JDietz flipped scum it would be interesting though. People didn't help or protect him before, but now there's a few. Some more obvious than others.

Ayy @Hardbody Warrior marshy half are you scum leaning on dabuz too? Cuz like personally when he was in luigis his post he did the 20 questions thing but they led him nowhere. Remember that? I'm just getting a more genuine vibe from em, I dunno. It's hard to explain lol
Gorf would you be against Dabuz saying who should be lynched tomorrow before anyone else, to see where he goes to?

#HBC | Gorf

Marshy, I'm not even scum this game. I'm legitimately town. I don't know what you're expecting my play to be like, but it's clearly not going to be that, and definitely not D1.
*facedesk*

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

i ****ing hate arguing with j cuz its a pain in the *** and he just overwhelms me with walls. ima need your help for this bro
I have officially joined your vote block. JD > scary IMO but you should totally reconsider that noob town read on em. His posts pre pressure are what are really telling to me, personally.

Marsh, you already have Sang and you still need help to deal with me? And, Oh god. That game. I had blocked that out.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : Don't look into the swag. Wait before helping.
Naw you really are a pain in the ass and you did the unnecessary town read thing. Like bro you're cool but like even you admit that your D1 is awkward for you.

Class now so peace :cool:

#HBC | Gorf

But then the vote count.

Sorry you can keep your vote on scary but like yea, if you sense pressure coming off of JD then you can snap back.

#HBC | Gorf

carnage said:
Gorf would you be against Dabuz saying who should be lynched tomorrow before anyone else, to see where he goes to?
Not at all. I don't think you'll get the cooperation of people to wait for him to open toMorrow but I advocate it.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
Not at all. I don't think you'll get the cooperation of people to wait for him to open toMorrow but I advocate it.

Anyone actually have a problem with this?

Dabuz has had a habit this game of asking "road to nowhere" questions and not following up on them and most of his posts seem to be spawned off of someone else's.

I'd like to see Dabuz start the day toMorrow with what he thinks we should do / who he thinks is scummy / etc. We don't gotta follow it, I just wanna hear it from him after the lynch / night flips.

I hate road to nowhere questions. Don't you @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe ?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Hmmmm, do I accept those terms under the consideration that if someone wants to know my thoughts they only need to ask and I could easily lay it out, or do I contemplate this situation wondering what the true intent could be in asking me of all people to basically start off the day. Hmmmm.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Volt, if you're still here, give me your thoughts on the wagons. I know you have Jdietz as a scumread but I want to know what you think of the people on it and generally your overview on it. Same with Scary's wagon, I know you don't like J who is on it. Also, has your opinion on the Nameless slot changed from a scum lean now that it was replaced with Hardbody Warrior?

#HBC | Gorf

Anyone actually have a problem with this?

Dabuz has had a habit this game of asking "road to nowhere" questions and not following up on them and most of his posts seem to be spawned off of someone else's.

I'd like to see Dabuz start the day toMorrow with what he thinks we should do / who he thinks is scummy / etc. We don't gotta follow it, I just wanna hear it from him after the lynch / night flips.

I hate road to nowhere questions. Don't you @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe ?
I actually feel that he's asked less road to nowhere questions in comparison to other games he's played. Moreover, the questions he's asking seem to lead somewhere (scary wagon ****, for example) and his thought process doesn't feel... Hidden, per se.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
what are some examples?
Skipping RVS because of obvious reasons.

i've never seen you play before, what's your mafia experience?
This is a dumb question that gains nothing. How do we know it's a dumb question and gains nothing? Because he asks you and you respond with a vague answer and ask him the same question back. His response?

Have about a dozen games online.
>:[

He says this:
By that logic, do you think any abilities under the choosable class abilities are null due to both alignments having access to them?
After he says this:
In the context of this game...**** claims. Everyone is going to have a PR.
and even if he hadn't there's no real push from dabuz after the question. He just drops it. He asks a question, then never comes back to it. Gheb never answers.

More ability stuff
What do you think about Thief's level 2? (Steal heart)

Also, why do you think Archer's level 2 is anti-town?
I could maybe see those being worthwhile if he happens to be either of those roles. I could maybe see them as "trap" questions, but they're not very good ones.

Still, this would be a way better question if it wasn't in response to THE ANSWER TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION

JDietz said:
Town shouldn't be so confident in their reads that they risk voteblocking a town player needed for vote majority.
We later asked him "why ability questions" and got this, FYI:

dabuz said:
Figure in a game like this with players being able to pick their classes and lots of crazy roles it'll help to be able to make heads or tails of some of the role stuff and see how other players perceive it.

@@ScaryLB59

What was your first game in DG?
-_-;;

JDietz said:

Tomatoes tom-a-toes, let's go play KvK like Washed said then. I got interactions with Dabuz and Gheb, so far the two most questioned slots: opinions on mechanics that are potentially meta-motivated, and opinions from both respectively to help me read them. It served it's purpose imo
What reads did Jdietz get from our interaction?
EBWOP: our interaction and his interaction with Gheb?
This isn't a bad question at all.

JDietz said:
You seemed more than happy to talk about classes that had no relevancy yet which may be trying to deflect attention from you. It's possible you were just curious, but the questions seemed unnecessary. Unsure.
lol

Do you have any last words Mr. Fox?
goofball post plz ignore

Discussion seems to be getting stale since only a few slots are talking.

Was gonna wait for Scary to get in here to answer my question but W/E.
Nabe said:

It might be polite, but it's not conducive to reads.

He's right in saying that it's just #HBC. I wanted to see if he would come to that conclusion given how recent he is to DG.
So, that's it? Now that he gave you the reasonable answer do you not have anything else to say? What if he gave you a different answer? Do you get any reads from Scary's response?
Not too bad, but in self defense so not really under my umbrella of "go nowhere questions".

I'm presuming Maximum carnage is a hydra, who is in this hydra?
ADJKGKL:AWGJKARG

This after the "who is Nameless? That's a hydra?!" BS

@Mod: Can you confirm when the vote count is 100% corrected?

good, but not helpful for our purposes

Dabuz to Nabe said:
Your question to Scary was something with, in all honesty, an obvious answer to anyone who isn't a complete newbie.
This is correct on Dabuz' part, except he's parroting me and being a hypocrite.

Nabe said:
@@ScaryLB59
What do you think of the dabuz wagon? Do these players have an aim?
Now go back and read some of Dabuz' questions and say "Your question to (blank) was something with, in all honesty, an obvious answer to anyone who isn't a complete newbie" and find one that doesn't apply.

What was so difficult here about answering Town PR's question? If you wanted to just pressure Gheb and look legitimate at it, you could very easily summarize your reasoning regarding the whole voteblock thing + gut feelings and continued to ride that to pressure Gheb. Instead you dragged out not answering and also have yourself to blame for that Gheb pressure vote becoming a dead end now since you couldn't even pretend to be committed to the pressure.
Don't mind this.

What's the reasoning for the re-vote here?
The above in self defense after a Gorf vote on him, not a bad question but again in self-defense.

Oh, I felt the whole "game-breaking" and "singling out" things were null (although on scum flip i'd look back at the singling out part). Any particular posts when he was pressured worth looking at?
*flops around like a fish*
He doesn't follow through on this.

This entire post: http://smashboards.com/threads/fina...fia-day-1-begins.347584/page-12#post-16335969

is nowhere questions that he doesn't follow up on

Go into this a bit more. Earlier you said you didn't like JD but I can't recall you expressing dislike of Town PR, what's changed that you think one of these two is scum?
Not a bad question.

scary said:

Slight town lean: SW (Marshy hydra), gorf

Skimming game ATM, but this Gorf read REALLY sticks out to me. I'd love an explanation on this.
@@Nabe: I believe I asked you to elaborate on your DSH read, did you do that?
Oh hey look, another question with no follow up.

Which Nabe doesn't answer

While Nabe does answer Marshy's question

Tl;Dr

I'm not just talking to talk. All of Dabuz's questions are either pointless at the start or pointless due to absolutely no follow-through. Even when people straight up ignore him (SEE: NABE) there's not bite from him. I'm sitting here yelling "LET US KILL NABE, I AM TOTALLY DOWN FOR THAT" and Dabuz is being flat ignored by Nabe. With us alone we could put 3 votes on him no problem and you know JDietz would just waltz right on over to Nabe and he'd suddenly be a lynch option on the table with like... no effort.

There's no pressure from dabuz, the questions are poor and pointless. The above are some arbitrarily picked examples. He has some good questions, but even when he DOES get answers he doesn't follow through... or ask for a better answer if the response is bad.

I actually feel that he's asked less road to nowhere questions in comparison to other games he's played. Moreover, the questions he's asking seem to lead somewhere (scary wagon ****, for example) and his thought process doesn't feel... Hidden, per se.
I'm unfamiliar with his meta.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
J would you be willing to lynch Nabe today? It'd protect your homebody JDietz while killing Nabe.

Also in case something crazy happens and a lynch finishes before I'm on it and I die toNight as a result:

Always get claims. It's not as important on D1, but on further days? They ARE important and many are easily testable. Keep in mind mafia could have similar issues so it isn't an alignment clear, but you can assume a role clear most of the time.

Example said:
If someone dies and a tracker or something says that "these 3 people visited" and they all claim to be white mages with protect or whatever this games equivalent is, they can't cast a hammer vote and you know one is lying. They just get a MOD vote and then nothing happens if they are telling the truth. You can pick another player you want to lynch and have them test it out. If the guy CAN hammer, he's mafia. If he can't, he's legit. This means that the remaining two white mages could be cleared and protect each other individually for some awesome dual bullet-proof confirmed townie action.

You can do some amazing stuff as town in this setup later in the game if you pay attention to restrictions and don't be dumb. Once information starts coming out, HAVE A PLAN.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Oh wow, MC is making a bad post.

Skipping RVS because of obvious reasons.

This is a dumb question that gains nothing. How do we know it's a dumb question and gains nothing? Because he asks you and you respond with a vague answer and ask him the same question back. His response?

>:[
WRONG

I have a little bit I guess.

what's your mafia experience?

there's also the fact that losing a vote makes a player more likely to flake as their opinions are less likely to make a difference.
Anything else? As in, how many games, irl or onlline?

He says this:

After he says this:

and even if he hadn't there's no real push from dabuz after the question. He just drops it. He asks a question, then never comes back to it. Gheb never answers.
Actually Gheb DOES answer (220)

I think that's generally the case for most roles except for the Time Mage. It looks borderline broken in the hands of scum.

:059:

More ability stuff

I could maybe see those being worthwhile if he happens to be either of those roles. I could maybe see them as "trap" questions, but they're not very good ones.

Still, this would be a way better question if it wasn't in response to THE ANSWER TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION

We later asked him "why ability questions" and got this, FYI:

-_-;;
Your point? Or do you just feel a need to bring up any questions you aren't satisfied with?

This isn't a bad question at all.

lol
Cool quoting bro, I especially like the use of "lol" in this situation.

goofball post plz ignore
Glad you could tell that.

Not too bad, but in self defense so not really under my umbrella of "go nowhere questions".
So this doesn't actually add to your point?

ADJKGKL:AWGJKARG

This after the "who is Nameless? That's a hydra?!" BS
Once again, point?

good, but not helpful for our purposes
K, so then why bring it up?

This is correct on Dabuz' part, except he's parroting me and being a hypocrite.
Oooooh, do tell. Go on now MC, show the class why your making this claim.

Now go back and read some of Dabuz' questions and say "Your question to (blank) was something with, in all honesty, an obvious answer to anyone who isn't a complete newbie" and find one that doesn't apply.
*Yawn* Yep, let Nabe do that instead of you.

Don't mind this.
Cool

The above in self defense after a Gorf vote on him, not a bad question but again in self-defense.
Cool

*flops around like a fish*
He doesn't follow through on this.
Forgot I asked this, don't think I got a response.

This entire post: http://smashboards.com/threads/fina...fia-day-1-begins.347584/page-12#post-16335969

is nowhere questions that he doesn't follow up on
These are a lot of questions which i'm waiting for the Red Ryu head to respond to still -_-

I did follow up to my question at you after you linked FFT.

I actually DID follow up on the first Town PR question.

Nabe doesn't give responses to my questions. He doesnt' respond to you either, even when I ask more if there is no response then how am I supposed to follow up?

The last one I will admit wasn't a good question in retrospect but at the time I was hoping he'd give an answer i could follow up on

Not a bad question.

Oh hey look, another question with no follow up.

Which Nabe doesn't answer

While Nabe does answer Marshy's question

Yeah, and what do you ****ing want me to do when Nabe isn't answering questions? J asked Nabe to elaborate on that as an extension of me asking is as well. All the Scary stuff I did follow up so your point is mute.

Tl;Dr

I'm not just talking to talk. All of Dabuz's questions are either pointless at the start or pointless due to absolutely no follow-through. Even when people straight up ignore him (SEE: NABE) there's not bite from him. I'm sitting here yelling "LET US KILL NABE, I AM TOTALLY DOWN FOR THAT" and Dabuz is being flat ignored by Nabe. With us alone we could put 3 votes on him no problem and you know JDietz would just waltz right on over to Nabe and he'd suddenly be a lynch option on the table with like... no effort.

What am I going to do if Nabe isn't answering questions? Please, tell me. INB4VoteHim. I'm fine with his lynch, too bad Nabe isn't the only slot to look at this game, it sucks when there are slots who aren't answering **** and you can't have a vote on each slot you want to look at.

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Answer questions
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf When you are able to look at the quote answer that question please
@Detective Sherlock Hound RR head, there are questions left unanswered.

There's no pressure from dabuz, the questions are poor and pointless. The above are some arbitrarily picked examples. He has some good questions, but even when he DOES get answers he doesn't follow through... or ask for a better answer if the response is bad.
Wrong, you pointed out a few questions where I got what I wanted from them, I followed up on the ones I wanted to, and then you bring up a lot of quotes which you actually say are good questions or you bring up quotes which actually don't have a point you explained. Also, please say there is no pressure from me especially after my whole thing on Scary. This entire post is ****.

I'm unfamiliar with his meta.
I ask a lot of question.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
EBWOP:

Anything else? As in, how many games, irl or onlline?

After this, he responds saying he has 8 years of mafia experience, so I did get something.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage : 813 yeah pretty much. Barring Acrostic coming in here and asking "Guys what does the word Mafia in my role PM mean" I don't have many options, and I can't really debunk cases that don't exist besides telling me I'm a dumbass who plays badly. The life of the rank and file dGamer is a hard one.

All things considered I wouldn't mind claiming, but obviously my biggest detractor cares not for such things.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
kay i have a nifty burn on my hand all of a sudden so i'll handle this now
I was waiting for DSH to post, prompted Ryu to post while he was in-thread etc. no response
I don't have any sort of scumread on DSH, I just wanted to give them something pointy to respond to
my apologies dabuz for making you wait slightly, i'm incorrigible

@dietz there is no point to claiming unless the circumstances of your role justify whatever the wagoners are saying about you
but if you're going to waffle in public and say "I want to claim but OBVIOUSLY" etc. then that makes me want a claim too

how did OS manage to turn a question about examples of dabuz's posting style into another nabe soapbox?

ouch night all

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Not in a mafia mood today so I'm not really playing at all.

@MC: I would only lynch Nabe if it was absolutely necessary. It'd just clear up a null for me and nothing more. Plus I like Dabuz and he's been one of my strongest town reads for a long while now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, it explains a very small portion of my play wrt votes, but that's about it, and doing so erases a bit of the role's usefulness in the long term (though it's chief role would remain okay).

How about this: I can tell you right now my lvl 2 is Priest, because that's provable and doesn't hurt us here in any way. I'll leave the other half open to speculation.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been trying to get in immediately on any wagon that I even half believe in so that I don't have to muck around with getting surprise mod-votes from "takes less to lynch" roles and doublevote shenanigans which would have totally outed that I was Priest early. At this point it doesn't matter though since if anyone is getting hammered there's a good chance it's me and pretty much all the doublevoters are out of the bag to stop accidents.

Top Bottom