• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination PKT2 Wallbouncing

Masky

Smash Master
We all know that Ness can't slide up the right side of Final Destination (or any stage) because he just bounces off, due to some programming oversight. However, this is not necessarily all bad.

I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned this but can't remember who, and they didn't go into detail about it. Basically, you have to PKT2 right into the little corner of the FD wall, which causes you to bounce back up to the edge. It's hard to do, but... so is everything else with Ness. Some simple uses I could think of for this if it was mastered would be to edgestall (though Ness has another much better edgestall), edgeguard, KO people recovering under the stage (Metaknight), or throw off an edgeguarder. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
This is awesome. After doing it I see why you had a negative score.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol it is completely useless but looks cool. The only angles you can do it from you're better off just going to the ledge.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Man, I discovered this first XD
I even made a video and sent it to Tyr. I never posted it though.

I just never posted about it since I thought it was useless. It's **** cool looking though. Who knows, it could help against edgehoggers. I mean, if you are right under the ledge, you cant get ON the stage, your only hope is a sweetspot. But if they are egdehogging you, you cannot. But if you wallbounce, you MIGHT be able to bounce up JUST after they get off.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't care how useless that is, that is the coolest looking thing I've ever seen.
^Definitely well put.

But there is a use, but probably not on FD. I'm not sure how many other stages this can be done on, but I know it works for Green Greens and really helps with it. One time on that stage I was too far away (a first with Ness on Green Greens) to make it back with PKT2 (or maybe I just misfired), so I PKT2'd into the side of the stage which in turn bounced me a bit up and I grabbed the edge and recovered. So, this may have a use after all.

But, if not, Ademisk is still right. This does look absolutely amazing. It might be useful to do just for laughs or to show off. If it can't be used for extra recovery, the best you can do is look cool and freak your opponent out.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I did this with ness on a custom stage where it was a 90 degree angle triangle shape from the square blocks. It made me look so good!

Masky

Smash Master
Cool! I tried to test it with Lucas but I can't control Lucas's PK Thunder at all. It's too slow ;)

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
lol it is completely useless but looks cool. The only angles you can do it from you're better off just going to the ledge.
i discovered this with lucas also.

i was gonna post a thread but realized that it was way too hard to perfect!

And you don't HAVE to be right off the edge.

the first time i did it was by accident and i was way farther to the right side of fd.

But it's still really hard to do.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
riding the wall with pkt2. In 64 you could do it at really weird angles. Like you could go downwards and then hit the stage and go upwards.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
This is late but:
SWEET
Is there any impractical use?
I'm pretty sure you could add some item and make a cool video.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I never thought Ness boards would be this active... *sniff*

Anyways, I guess this could be good for mingdames coupled with PK Thunder edge stall.

EDIT: lol mingdames?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
SEMI-IMPORTANT UPDATE?: I JUST got a video of me using PKT2 into an edge and bouncing upward and forward onto the stage because of it. I'm not sure if I missed the sweetspot and that's what led to it, or if I wallbounced the ground. Either way I went off and KOed Zelda and landed safely on the stage.

You DEFINITELY can't say this isn't useful if we can do it consistently. I can't upload it but I can send it. Let me know if you want the video.

Edit: This was on Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2, I think 2.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
I love how Proverbs is a glitch magnet. :)

But sadly, that is not new Proverbs. That's the ledgebending.

Im assuming you shot down at the ledge on the right side then suddenly changed direction and shot upwards, correct?

That's ledgebending. Certain stages right side ledges cause you to do this with Ness and Lucas. very easy at battlefield.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Well, I shot left and up. So here:

I hit the ledge at this angle / so that the backslash shows that I was moving downward diagonally to the left.

And I came up at this angle \ so that I was going diagonally upward and to the left.

See what I mean? And I'm not sure if I did that because of the ledge or the stage. Probably the ledge, though. I know you can bounce off of ledges to your doom, but I didn't know you could use it to pop up and hit your opponent while on the stage.

If this isn't new then can this be done consistently or no? If so this could be an easy PKT2 mindgame. Make it look like you're just hitting the edge while recovering and instead use it to hit someone who was about to edgeguard.

I didn't go straight up though, I just want to make that one clear. And I didn't shoot in the opposite direction. It was like I threw a bouncy ball downward and to the left and it popped up and kept going left. Get it?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah, the description fits perfectly. That's ledgebending. You shoot up in the opposite way as if relefected over the Y-axis. Shoot southwest, shoot up northwest.

Great, but hard and near impossible on FD. I cant do it, but Tyr says he can. You dont bouce off the ledge, but instead, are redirected by the ende, right?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
ende? You mean edge? I'm not sure. I can take a look at the video again or send it to you if you like. It was near the edge but I'm not sure if it was on the edge.

Oh, and about me being a glitch magnet--you might need to find your own glitches pretty soon. With all of the talk on Scar's thread about Melee being better than Brawl I feel pulled (once again) to leave Brawl and never come back and work on Melee. It would definitely make playing Falcon as my third main a lot easier, but playing Ness a lot harder. And I'd have to go learn how to Ken Combo X_X;; But we'll see. Up until that point I'll see what more I can learn about Ness and especially Falcon too. I feel bad for the Falcon mainers who have an extremely nerfed character. Trying to see what I can figure out for him.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^Any tips? T_T;; It's really lame. I'm getting the hang of the end of it, but the beginning of it I really can't get down. Basically I can get the f-air to spike in, but not the beginning in which I push them off the stage with f-airs. Just not sure how to regulate knockback effectively.

Maybe this belongs on the Melee Marth board and not the Brawl Ness board.

<.<;;

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Jesus, just press forward on the c-stick. That's how you play melee Marth (haven't you noticed >_>;).

Fair => Dj => dair. just practice it if you need help.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I meant chaining the double f-airs in order to get them to the edge <.<;; And I have no idea where Jesus came into this.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
*looks at Proverbs' sig*

You're bad thesage!

BTW, Marth boards are
------------------------>
This way

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I meant chaining the double f-airs in order to get them to the edge <.<;; And I have no idea where Jesus came into this.
Again follow di, press forward on the c-stick.

I beat (fourstocked) a noob one handed using marth. What did I do?

I pressed forward on the c-stick.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
Um, back to wallbouncing?
Can this be used to effectively take out wall-huggers or whatever it's named
Like Lucario?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
Oh yeah, I never thought of that. This will stagespike them if it hits and you recover. Best death ever. I will give my blood to anyone who does this.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Right...also, is my PKT2 bounce important at all and can it be done consistently? I just figure it'd be an interesting attack to say the least.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
PKT2 wallbounce isnt so hard if you do it this way.

Hang on the edge
Back off
Use PKT and let it go up just a bit
Loop it into Ness and use PKT2 hitting Ness right where his cap meets his hair.

*readies needle*

Masky

Smash Master
It can be done consistently, there is a very specific spot you must hit. Could definitely be mastered if someone had the time. As far as I can see it only would be useful on characters that cling to stages or fly under them or to surprise/confuse people (or look cool between stocks). I made the topic and video only because of how cool it looks :p

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
how many people can wall cling BTW? Diddy and Lucario are the only ones I can name off the top of my head.

Top Bottom