• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final destanation match

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
I was playing Smash the other day and I noticed I hadn't beaten Event 51. So I tried and after a billion years I still couldn't beat it. Sure, I got rid of Giga Bowser and most of Ganon and Mewtwos stock but I still lost! I'm usually best with Yoshi, I just ground pound the whole time but I still can't win.

I need help! Anybody have tips for someone worthless at smash like me?

Retroking2000

Smash Master
you should play a character that can get easily kills . like jigglypuff and keep pressing down B , there are more characters that can kill fast put i am lazy to post all of the characters

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
I tried Jigglypuff and...I lost. But, I learned that giga bowser is a ripoff for I can beat him in two hits with down b. Ganondorf and mewtwo are too small so I charge up B then hit them. I was sooo close but I still lost.

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
GASP!

What I just realized was that the enemys in 51 just slowly walk towards the character. I destroyed some of thier lives by acident by falling off then causing them to walk off in an attempt to get me. Im going to try this method. If it works I owe you even though I don't know who you are...

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
I just tried the shine method and it didn't work for me. I'm going to watch the video again and try one more time. If not ill move back to the jigglypuff method...

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Play Jiggly at "advanced style" i.e. use Jiggly's aerials especially fair and bair and pound a lot, and rest when you have the opportunity. Also, to screw Gigabowser quicker, use pound, then rest. Trust me, he'll be stunned long enough to get rested for a quick KO. Also, stay in the air quite a bit - that's how a Jiggly fight, I believe. You can rest Mewtwo and Ganondorf as well, but that's not as glaringly easy as resting Gigabowser.

Other characters to consider are Marth and Link. Well, I used Link to beat this event, and my sister used Marth to beat it. Fsmash is the main goal of Marth. For Link, it's Dair or Fsmash; you can even use double Fsmash (the second slash of the fsmash) if you want.

Man, it was years ago when my sister and I beat that. Ah, good times, good times.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
you can always use cpt falcon and keep kneeing them . but how did event 51 was with roy i kept just countering 0_o wierd enough it did seem to work since comps are so aggressive

Egret

Smash Journeyman
After getting rid of giga with rest, if you're patient you can just fly over the heads of the other two and throw items that appear at them. You'll get your KOs when a bobomb or motion sensor appears and if you're careful you can avoid taking damage.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Gongrats I used Yoshi Event 51 it took a while and eventually I've won my record time was 5-6:00
Mins.
But with Jiggypuff, Beat it in 2:00 mins.
Jigglypuff was a great choice!

courte

Smash Lord
yeah after you kill giga bowser its kinda just fun although after ur like 3rd gamecube and 15th memory erase i start to just hate that red haired gerudo

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
Sigh.

Ah Dylan, now I know why they made that article about you, as if I didn't already anyways. Regardless. A true Smash novice would most definitely not be able to beat Event 51 even with Jigglypuff, he may not be as great as you, o so mighty high Smash lord of The Known World, but he's definitely not a "noob" anymore, so stop trying to make people feel horrible simply because you're good.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Ah Dylan, now I know why they made that article about you, as if I didn't already anyways. Regardless. A true Smash novice would most definitely not be able to beat Event 51 even with Jigglypuff, he may not be as great as you, o so mighty high Smash lord of The Known World, but he's definitely not a "noob" anymore, so stop trying to make people feel horrible simply because you're good.
No. Event 51 is very easy to beat with jigglypuff.

Being not a novice at smash, means vids plz or it didnt happen. ''Novices'' in smash that I know can pull off Cancelling and wavedashing and wouldnt have a problem in beating event 51. Its really hard to get ''beyond'' the level of noob without human opponents.

Thus, he's still a novice. Event 51 is easy.

When was this game released?

oh ya : December 3, 2001

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
I consider being able to beat level 9 cpu's the equivalent of no longer being a noob anymore, but that's just my rating scale; It's not so that it would make me label a person completely and utterly irredeemably without hope at Smash. I can guarantee you I can pull anyone out of the street and sit them down on Event 51, with Jiggly Puff, and they will be horribly completely owned. This is called being a "noob" at Smash. A novice he may still be despite beating Event 51, that does not make him one of the worst Melee players in the world, have you even seen his playing for that matter? Being one of the worst players in the world would HAVE to include the inability to beat Event 51 with Jiggly Puff, as you said, it's easy to beat 51 with Jiggly.

He however has said he has beaten it with Jiggly Puff. Which leads to your compromise, do you believe him and consider him not one of the worst Smashers in the world, or just say "Being not a novice at smash, means vids plz or it didnt happen.", all in order to keep your ability to keep demeaning someone at Smash. And you wonder why -that- was put up in the first place. Heck, I can just as easily say beating Event 51 with Jiggly clears anyone from Noviceness for all I know.

dark oasis

Smash Rookie
the way i did it was i used ganon's fair attack as much as possible to take out giga.
then i took out mewtwo and then took out the other ganon.

it works very well for me XD

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
Let me get this straight, if you can beat lv. 9's then ur not a n00b but that doesn't mean you are awesome. If you beat 51, you have to be somewhat good jiggly or not right? If you've mastered Shuffle, wavedashing and can pwn youre friends then that means you're pretty good. And if you are posting youtube videos of you're amazing combos then i'm guessing you are a master. Does that clear somethink up? And this was saposed to give techniques on beating 51, not saying how good you are with Jiggly! I lost a thread because of this!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Let me get this straight, if you can beat lv. 9's then ur not a n00b but that doesn't mean you are awesome. If you beat 51, you have to be somewhat good jiggly or not right? If you've mastered Shuffle, wavedashing and can pwn youre friends then that means you're pretty good. And if you are posting youtube videos of you're amazing combos then i'm guessing you are a master. Does that clear somethink up? And this was saposed to give techniques on beating 51, not saying how good you are with Jiggly! I lost a thread because of this!
Beating game set challenges (1 Player Mode) means that your mind is fit for beating computers and you can adapt your playing to defeat them. I know some players that manage to beat me, and still suck at 1 player mode.

~~~~
EDIT:

Your ability to be able to beat CPUs doesn't mean much. That doesn't mean that it doesn't have to be grated upon. CONGRATS On Event 51 xDDDD

Still, I've beated Event 51 5 years ago when I was 9 years old. You still have a long ways to go to become something. Everyone starts off somewhere...... No one has the right to call anyone a noob unless it self proclaimed. Being able to defeat CPUs, is one thing, but beating human players is another.

I'm not saying if you're a nubcake or not, but all I'm stating is that you have a long way to go.
Good Luck on the path :)

I'm going to be with SSBM for LIFE (WooHoo! Repeating Myself Again!!!!!)

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Ah Dylan, now I know why they made that article about you, as if I didn't already anyways.
Agreed uchiharakiri. You summed up my thoughts quite nicely :).

And congratulations Sam, it's nice to finally beat 51 after putting it off for sooooo long. I remember how happy I was when I beat it. Everything was finished...except trophies -_-. Still working on those.

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
I just realized everybody was talking about me. Dududuuu. Oh well, at least I did it, and I have beaten human players for your info. But for the sake of this thread, lets talk about strategys not levels of greatness.

Please?

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf's Dair Abuse Combo works very well.
Yoshi's Dair and Fair racks up a lot of damage, and the D Smash gets KOs.
Jiggly, of course (need I say more?).
Falco and Fox's reflector.
Air dodge with any character at the edge and watch them fall off. Then with your last life finish them off.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can KO Giga on 1 Stock with Jiggly easy. Pound him 3 times, then rest. Wash, rinse, repeat.
For Mewtwo and Gannon, try to take Mewtwo with rests, but just get items and throw them at Gannon, keep on doing the Rising pound over the stage, I beat it in 2 Mins 10 Secs using this method.

Top Bottom