• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.1.0 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Im hoping at some point we get some sort of buff or alteration in trajectory to a move. It always makes me sad when all I have to look forward to in a patch is nerfs for my character or nerfs for others.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
The dair buff imo really isnt all that significant when we still are forced to use dair in a situation where we have to let someone jump into us. Only the radius where we can cover options with a dair had been increased. Other than that all sonic has seen if nerfs to his key kill options all of which dont really have setups into. All I wanted was for them to fix BSBS and maybe make utilt ae to combo into stuff or give us a reason to use Fthrow instead of Uthrow to KO vertically.

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
My God... why do they continue nerfing us ??!! I just can not understand it.

I hope they will soon hire a balance team that looks like Blizzard's. A team that will make patch notes and explain their moves. Because for now, it is IMPOSSIBLE to understand why they continue killing us...

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
Looks like our best bet is to play super safe and rely more on aerials and throws for taking stocks now. No more Smash Attacks.
-_-

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
I do not want to be so pesimistic, but I really want to understand, what data, what voice do they listen to, what drive them to nerf Sonic ? How is it possible that characters like Cpt Falcon or Little Mac that are so easy to play and win with doesn't feel the hammer ?

I'm sad and angry cause I thought this balance patch would bring us a nice surprise like the Dair buff we received, I really thought Nintendo couldn't nerf Sonic more than this.

I guess that now we are used to one patch = one nerf.

Anyway, beside the fact that I don't understand, I still have hope, I'm sure the game will be balanced in the end and Sonic is still our love !

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
GUYS, YOU DO REALIZE THAT THE ONLY THING THAT WAS NERFED IS FSMASH KOING LIKE 4% LATER?!
I'm going to say that it's pretty impossible that we already know that for sure. From what I see in other character's threads, patch testings takes a LOT of work on many different levels. Testing KO% and %damage is far from enough.

Luig

Confused
It was 106 kbg-101 kbg. Dantarion already datamined it. We just have to figure out what the hex values are.
And we got that fsmash has reduced kbg and has a new sound effect.

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean that that observation was incorrect, I meant that it is early to be sure that those were the only changes.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
A lot of people hate Sonic because a lot of Sonic players play super campy with him and time out their opponents, yet Sakurai further nerfs Sonic's kill power. Time outs at competitive play are becoming extremely common because of these ****ing balance patches. It's just going to make a lot of characters more frustrating to play and more boring to watch. I recently had to time out a King Dedede player with Diddy Kong in a friendlies match, yet I never had to do that prior to 1.0.9. A year from now, i'm worried this game will go back to the Brawl days of time outs being the constant norm. It's infuriating.

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
GUYS, YOU DO REALIZE THAT THE ONLY THING THAT WAS NERFED IS FSMASH KOING LIKE 4% LATER?!
In fact, as the KBG is a coefficient, we can't say we kill just 4% later. The knockback of our Fsmash just grow slower.

And to respond, the impact of that nerf is not the real problem, the problem is the will behind it. What does Nintendo wants to do ? What is the future of the game ? Which balance decision do they make ?

If you look at Blizzard's team or even PM Dev, you'll see that the balance doesn't only give balance, but allow characters to have their own style and fun.

Balance is a whole, I know it is very hard, I know we didn't figure out all the changes for now, but from what I can see, there is no sense in these balances, what is the final point ?

Last edited:

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
Yeah I agree about this overdramatic post ^^

Because, in the end, this balance patch seems to be worth it. But still, what pains me is that Nintendo seems to stay distant from their players, we would love to have a balance patch note, we would love to be heard, and more than everything, we would love to understand.

I admit that this new nerf, so small it is, affected me but finally, on the balance, it seems they were doing something good since characters like Palutena, Ike, Ganondorf or WFT are buffed and THIS is what I want to see (and an easier way to Dair with Sonic ;p)

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
its not like i got a large amount of my kos with fsmash lol(my main method of KO was spin charge->nair...)

so anyways, with no DI it kills :4mario:at 125% in the middle of fd(gets sparks at 126%)

what was it before?

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
We essentially are the excat same as we were last patch. We could be off much MUCH worse that this,
What you say there is, essentially, correct. However, I'd just like to say that that's exactly what people said after every patch. Every time, it's not so bad because it's just a thing or two at a time, but (now they seem to see that) consecutive nerfs stack up and, together, can change a character a lot.

Last edited:

AJDOH

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3866-8495-8989
Not sure if I'm just seeing things, and maybe this is on patch notes already, but Sonic's bair Definitely feels alot faster.

edit :
So um..... Has sonic's Bair always been 16%?

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Atleast we can say that we're the only character to have received nerfs every single patch......atleast thats something we can be proud of.....maybe.

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Now that the wii u is hackable I'm really hoping that a dev team will make a pm version of this game, I've decided that's the only way I'll ever be able to enjoy it

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
As a Sonic player, I was very happy with this patch. Honestly that FSmash nerf isn't even that bad, and almost the entirety of the rest of the cast got very good buffs. Yes knockback nerfs suck and are stupid, but we're still a high/top tier, so people should really stop overexaggerating. Killing 4% later with FSmash is not the end of the world, we've had worse nerfs.

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
we dont need buffs. :4sonic: is(and was) perfectly balanced and fine once bthrow got nerfed.

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
A lot of people hate Sonic because a lot of Sonic players play super campy with him and time out their opponents, yet Sakurai further nerfs Sonic's kill power.
i just wanted to zone in on this part because i have never seen/want to see a campy sonic that will time out people. ive got timeouts before while playin sonic sure but it was either the other person was campy and i had to case them around the whole stage or it was just generally a good match and i couldnt be as aggressive as id wanted to without losing :(

i understand tournaments have to end at some point but i find it alot more enjoyable to play on unlimited time, it stops time outs and for the most part discourages the crazy skill of run away until games over i dont know i just dont like people that run away the whole match to win and i hate timeout DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom