• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.1.0 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luig

Confused
I don't know. But actually, no matter how much they nerf him i won't drop him, or I'll at least keep him as a secondary.

Last edited:

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
He's pretty much getting closer to his Brawl days after every patch.

Some random dude: "Good job racking up all the damage. Now you gotta go for the kill!"

You: "..................."

Luig

Confused
Yes but now you are better off using uthrow for koing instead of bthrow, utilt instead of dsmash, and ftilt instead of fsmash.
But we can cope.

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
Might as well go back to my Brawl metagame. Rack up to 150-200% (depending on the character) and kill with Up-throw...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Gotta love how they treat all these other good characters with respect by altering their moves instead of outright nerfing them yet sonic gets hammered.

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
And it looks like some sound was adjusted? Haven't tested yet but has anyone noticed anything?

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
Gotta love how they treat all these other good characters with respect by altering their moves instead of outright nerfing them yet sonic gets hammered.
I main Lucario, I'm lucky that he's barely gotten any kind of changes from patches so far(but that could be a bad thing).:denzel:

Still, I sub Sonic cause of character loyalty, and it sucks that it looks like he'll probably reduced to drunken game night tier along with my Toon Link.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Does the development team not understand that sonic not having access to viable KO options was the reason he was considered "bad" in brawl and that by nerfing his viable KO tools they are turning him slowly back into what he was before.....

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Kid Craft!!!! I was waiting for someone else to say that! Every time I try saying that to others they are like "You need to stop crying and re-adapt to the changes."

THERE IS NOTHING TO ADAPT TO!!!!

KeetZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeetZ_AgaiN
3DS FC
1864-9859-2090
At this point I am highly considering dropping Sonic. I really don't want to because I love playing the character, but it looks like you'll need to play like StaticM to get results and I'd much rather play a different character than to be a campy Sonic.
Only time will tell if I throw away hundreds of hours to venture off to find a new main because the dev. team can't perform their job fairly towards Sonic or to stick with him. I really don't know.

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
I'd say we all play lame and give people a REAL reason to hate Sonic and then they will beg for Sonic to have changes that make his matches go faster.

Luig

Confused
I don't think the devs understand what balancing means.......

Because balancing sure as heck doesn't mean nerfing us more that Shiek.

Last edited:

KeetZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeetZ_AgaiN
3DS FC
1864-9859-2090
We're going to have to be like Sheik, but without all the combos and autocancels.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
The Fox mains like myself are just as upset as you guys.

Their balancing is fairly off the wall for the characters that are performing well. Why wasn't Sheik murdered?

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Welp. If I don't drop him. Time to go for time outs every single time.

[EDIT]

If I'm gonna have a harder time killing, I might as well make it so you can't catch me.

Last edited:

KeetZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeetZ_AgaiN
3DS FC
1864-9859-2090
There wasn't a character that needed a nerf, but nerfing Fox or Sonic over Shiek is ridiculous.
I don't remember the last time a Fox placed high at a national and there were two Sonics in top 32 at EVO. Of course, people will continue to complain because now we aren't killing until the match is half way finished.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
So I just played around with Sonic.

Yall are being ******* about this, we barely got nerfed if we did at all. We lost a TINY bit of kill power but thats it, just need to rack up like 15% more.

Luig

Confused
Dantarion's data dump says the only difference is Fsmash kbg and SFX?
My day just might have gotten a whole lot better.

spiNR

Smash Rookie
NNID
spiNR17
Dantarion's data dump says the only difference is Fsmash kbg and SFX?
My day just might have gotten a whole lot better.
I was told the same. I haven't been able to play yet but it could have been worse. I hope that's it for awhile because I don't want to end up like Brawl Sonic again.

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's kill moves are predictable and easy to avoid now. So we kinda already are back to Brawl Sonic...

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
I'm more annoyed at the principle of the thing. For some reason Nintendo thinks Sonic are Fox are too strong but Sheik is totally fine. Are they high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom