• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiery Explosion of Doom or Pretty Pink Hearts of Justice?

Vyn

Smash Rookie
As I was being an idiot and posted something similiar in the wrong thread (like I'm always am when I am not reading carefully...) I have just an opinion question for you here fellow Peach Players.

Which do you prefer for the impact animation for the Peach Bomber (Side B)? Melee fiery explosion or Brawl's hearts of justice.

Now I'm a little happier with the range and the impact of attack (it seems to have a higher knockback) but the animation...well... I'm a guy... and I hate pink.... so I pefer my self-dubbed 'fiery explosion of doom' better xD

So opinions here!

omega17

Smash Cadet
I'm a guy also, and also hate pink, but I like the hearts better because it fits peach better than an exploding *** :D. Also some guys might be annoyed with being hit by it which is another plus!

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
i'm a girl and i love it it's magic.......i saw some stickers that had Peach and Zelda's icon
and it magic......
anyway yes the new style is better it's s cute

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Well the hearts fit her better, how would you like it if you came into a club, saw girls bounching against eachother, and with each bump they would release explosions....I wouldn't hit that :p....

Vyn

Smash Rookie
I'm a guy also, and also hate pink, but I like the hearts better because it fits peach better than an exploding *** :D. Also some guys might be annoyed with being hit by it which is another plus!

Point taken, it does fit Peach better, but I like the explosion better, it seems more threatening than a large Valentine's Day gift.

@PP7: True, it is magic (so was the explosion) - yeah... cute things aren't high on my list...

@LuLLo: Would there be a club in the first place by the time I went there? I would believe it would have burnt down....

Dana Crysalis

Smash Rookie
HUP CHA!

I like the hearts better, actually, it's more fitting for Peach. And the move is all around WAY better than before, anyway. Try spamming it and JUST it on SSE bosses, and you'll see what I mean.

Sisen

Smash Rookie
I like the hearts better. They just seem more natural. I mean where exactly did Peach get that explosion before? I don't think any of us what to think that Peach ate a lot of chili before a fight.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Butt Bombs FTW! :p
Well I had fun being annoying in Melee just butt bombing everyone.
But yeah I guess I don't mind the hearts now. It's like she's giving love to everyone now. :p

RedTone

Smash Cadet
An exploding butt just seems out of character
The pink explosion + the sound really makes it a Peach move..plus she's still using her butt so life is fine
if it were up to me I would prefer if they were both in the game.. where the flame explosion would be rare but a strong KO move while the Pink explosion is more common and stays the same

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
Well, I do agree that the hearts fit Peach much better, and make more sense in general. Also, even though I'm a guy, and I consider myself to be pretty average and normal, I happen to like the color pink. I don't go around wearing pink clothes or anything like that, but I think it's a nice color depending on what it's on. I even like Peach's traditional pink dress better than her blue/purple one, even though blue is my favorite color.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know what explosions are supposed to do? Hurt. When a container or a Bob-omb or any other explosive item explodes in your face, it hurts. Melee Peach Bomber, however, required, like, 200% to KO. In other words, it looked quite illogical.

At now it's more logical. It's strange that she won't actually say "Ha-cha!" if the heart comes out, though.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the hearts. Something about a hip-slam attack releasing a big heart on contact makes me chuckle.

Also, it's more fitting for Peach, as well as more humiliating for your opponents.

Jammo

Smash Cadet
Peach's physiology just baffles me.

I can't think of a single creature besides her that stores their hearts in their butt.

I'm not a biologist, so enlighten me if I'm wrong.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
hearts are way better then that explosion
i like to see ppl getting onwed by a love giving princess

OverlordSmurf

Smash Rookie
Hearts are infinitely more ladylike...
So I like them more.

[ although the sheer illogical hilarity of the old animation IS what originally convinced me to play as Peach ]

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
I too enjoy the pretty kaboom more. I think she definitely got a better character design upgrade in general *and i'm not talking about how she fights now :(*

Add to that the prettier dress, the new utilt, the skipping walk, and the oh-so-beloved side taunt, and it's more humiliating than ever for your friends when they lose to such a girly-girl. And that's half the reason I started playing as her in Melee.

ZephyrArsland

Smash Rookie
I have to agree completely... not one of my friends likes losing to Peach. It's worse now in Brawl <3

And OT now, I *do* prefer the pink hearts. I always thought it was somewhat dumb (though funny, yes) for Peach's butt to explode on contact with enemies <3

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I too enjoy the pretty kaboom more. I think she definitely got a better character design upgrade in general *and i'm not talking about how she fights now :(*

Add to that the prettier dress, the new utilt, the skipping walk, and the oh-so-beloved side taunt, and it's more humiliating than ever for your friends when they lose to such a girly-girl. And that's half the reason I started playing as her in Melee.
Agreed. It is very hilarious(and cute) with Peach. Though the people I play with don't really find it "humiliating" to lose to Peach, more so hilarious than humiliating.

Like you said: The skipping, the cute taunts(and victory taunts), the pink hearts of doom, all make it hilarious when Peach is the winner.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i personally liked the explosion, it always made me wonder "does peach hide some sort of bomb arsenal in her dress or sumthin?" but i think that the hearts are much more fitting for her

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The hearts tend to suit Peach a lot better. Besides, it's a common symbol seen on some Mario games. Makes almost anyone fall in love with her.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
My only problem with her now is the fact that she doesn't sound nearly as ditzy. Her "Did I win" quote in Melee used to make her sound like she really was *that* clueless. Now she just says it like she's a *****.

SQKIsiggy

Smash Cadet
i dont know if i like her new voice, i do like the lalalala though

but the hearts are awesome, totally great way to totally freak out ur opponent

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
My only problem with her now is the fact that she doesn't sound nearly as ditzy. Her "Did I win" quote in Melee used to make her sound like she really was *that* clueless. Now she just says it like she's a *****.
If you listen carefully, she giggles a little after saying it in Melee. She knows she won, she's just acting clueless. BECAUSE YOU'RE NOTHING TO THE POWER OF PEACH.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I hate the heart animation, as I am a guy, too. I prefer the explosion. Other thing I hate about Peach is the animation of her Final Smash. The dance, the frames, SO MUCH PINK, I look bad when I use her when I'm playing with my friends.

But, whatever, I still win. XD

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
If you listen carefully, she giggles a little after saying it in Melee. She knows she won, she's just acting clueless. BECAUSE YOU'RE NOTHING TO THE POWER OF PEACH.
I'm usually playing music in the background, though. But wow, six years of Peach-power and I never heard that giggle? Have I lost my grasp on reality? Am I insaaaaaane?!

[edit- yes I am]

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
To every guy who says he likes pink but feels he has to back up his masculinity with a reason why his likeness of pink doesn't make him gay or feminine-Don't worry about it, lol.

I love Peach. Her pink is ownage.

Edit- On topic- Hearts>Explosion.

GET EM IN A LUVE C0MB0.

Top Bottom