• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers. Wow...

Laijin

Smash Hero
Is it just me or does anyone else notice the sudden appearance of more female smashers? I mean..sure there have been some there the whole time and all that, but..it seems to me with every tournament I go to there are more and more of'em.

Maybe i'm just seeing things and all those girls are just really feminine men.

Discuss.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
they don't talk about smash that much, they talk about more exciting things

Miharu

Smash Hero
I haven't noticed any new ones in the area...

Then again I don't travel too much. We'll see at OC3 I suppose.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I went to a less competitive tournament runned by an anime convention. o___o man-oh-man.

A chick placed top 16 (rofl I kicked her bf's ***)

And there were 3 others that did decent. Nothing special, you know. Gay tier (high) players. Now what would be CRAZY is a chick who played a space animal. Man, she probably can pillar herself to climax if you get my drift. ROFLROFL.

But seriously, it's gaming in general where the females have pumped it up, and it's honestly good to see from them (my hormones are not saying any of this).

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I noticed that everywhere I go now, I keep playing male smashers. This is a disturbing difference from how I normally play, since the males are also clothed, unlike the girls I play smash with.

Okay, now that we've got that out of the way, try and find the euphemism in the preceding paragraph.

Yeah, I thought so. Mmm, mmm, good.

On topic: Maybe. It's growing in popularity generally, so as far as a ratio goes females would go up with the number of males. But you will probably hear about female smashers regardless of their talent--since they're so rare--compared to the numerous male smashers whom nobody's heard of.

That's a theory.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Girls don't/can't play smash brothers. They have cooties. Cooties prevent good smash playing.

/joke, n00bs.

Girls are kewt. If you're lucky.

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
Girls don't/can't play smash brothers. They have cooties. Cooties prevent good smash playing.

/joke, n00bs.

Girls are kewt. If you're lucky.
in my eyes, there is only one cute girl playing smash. we all know who that is, am i right?

[milkteailoveyou]
i love pc too... he is my inspiration in life.

-PM-

Smash Ace
well i play a few game competitively smash, halo2, ITG and there has always been girls that play halo2 (LoL really even the pro ones are bad =P) and itg but smash i couldn't really notice much i mean of course there would be a few but no where near 30% of the room as been girls but lately id say 20% MAYBE.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Is it just me or does anyone else notice the sudden appearance of more female smashers? I mean..sure there have been some there the whole time and all that, but..it seems to me with every tournament I go to there are more and more of'em.

Maybe i'm just seeing things and all those girls are just really feminine men.

Discuss.
Indeed there are more and more, a female smasher competed in a tournament just last week. She didnt know any adv techs but, were working on it.

But yea, not just at tournaments, but on smashboards, I see more and more threads in the welcome area saying "Im a girl who plays smash!" Or, the female smashers that have been a part of this community are just posting more, or being noticed more.

Rage.

Smash Ace
I swear to god there was this same topic in the pool room the other day.
anyways.
I havent really noticed any more female smashers
just at tornements more guys bring their girl friends
but I guess if they get into it that way, thats good

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i was in a chat room at 4:30 this morning with one...they don't like to talk about it

the first tournament i went to had a female smasher...but she wasn't any good

pdk

Smash Lord
protip: when you point it out every time a woman comes along and picks up the game that's not exactly helping matters

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Now what would be CRAZY is a chick who played a space animal. Man, she probably can pillar herself to climax if you get my drift. ROFLROFL.

But seriously, it's gaming in general where the females have pumped it up, and it's honestly good to see from them (my hormones are not saying any of this).
Sigged. Oh and I've seen a few female smashers at my school. As long as they're willing to learn, I'm willing to teach them. I haven't saw an increasing amount of female smashers so I can't really say much.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Well this is more or less related, I guess, but I play Smash 64 online with project64k, and I've been seeing more and more females online. Maybe there are about 5-7 I think that play more or less regularly, and at least half of them are decent, one being a kirby player I haven't be able to beat yet (Jacinta) even though I'm ranked in the top 10 of the online ladder thingy. Another one is even with me.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
My GF and I play smash all the time, she goes to tornaments with me, too. She plays a decent kirby.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
They all joined due to my undeniable sexiness. Sorry, but it has to be said. xD

Heh, j/k. Its a great thing though, finally gaming is being seen as less of a male dominated thing.

Zodiac

Smash Master
The girl in our crew uses sheik as her main, but thats mostly because she's just as a huge a zelda fan as I am.

-PM-

Smash Ace
i think everyone agrees when the most top 4 mains for female smashers are:

1. Peach

2. Zelda

3. Kirby

4. Jiggz

for some reason thats all i can see

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
i think everyone agrees when the most top 4 mains for female smashers are:

1. Peach

2. Zelda

3. Kirby

4. Jiggz

for some reason thats all i can see
Yep... my sisters use Kirby and Jiggly, but they aren't good. I knew another girl that used Kirby, who wasn't good. All the good female smashers that I've met in person mained Peach or used her as a secondary.

You are a girl?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Everyone who's met me at a tournament knows that. It's old news :p

jasonwear57

Smash Rookie
Really? All the ones I see use Peach.
that sounds about right. my friend used to come by with his girlfriend occasionally and he and i would play smash occasionally and she'd join in once in a while always using peach. but that, along with the girlfriends of other players i've met, are the only experiences i've had with female players.

i'd be interested in knowing how a girl would pick up the game on her own and how her game evolved to the competitive level.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Everyone who's met me at a tournament knows that. It's old news

lol yeah i was joking :cool:

Redragon

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Like YKB3 said, RoytheFlamboyant is a female who created her own Smash Crew two years ago last month (I believe being the first female crew leader ever). Since then, we've seen people come and go, but the four in our sig seem to be the most loyal and have stuck around through everything since joining.

She mains Roy and Pichu, and just recently picked up Zelda. She also messes around with Ganny, Jiggz, Sheik, Falco, and Peach. She caught on quickly, and has led her crew well. =D I know; I've been there since the start of it.

Maybe if I get the equipment I'll get some videos of the Roytards up soon.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I think that it's a good thing that Smash is attracting females as well as males. Most females will probably be motivated into playing better because of their desire to defeat the gender stereotype, and anything that will increase the number of players aware of advanced tactics in Smash is fine by me.

Top Bottom