• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fellow Wario users, I ask for your professional advice!

ShoMakahari

Smash Rookie
Now, I'm just a Wario user that rarely goes to NorCal tournaments, but I would like to improve a little in my free time. Let me just give you guys a little background on what I've done so far so that you guys can tell me what I can improve on(sorry, no videos, I can't get a good recorder = /)

Match-up Experiences

The reason why I'm asking here is because the sticky guide was last updated August 17 and that things change... a LOT

Metaknight: I've actually rarely fought metas in tournaments despite how prevalent they are, but ever since I recently watched my PT friend beat a meta at WCSL, I want to know what I can do against this 0-lag runt.
What moves can I punish in general, since I'm pretty good at biding my time against most opponents without projectiles

Falco: This character is a nightmare in my opinion: chaingrab to 30~50%, depending on the mood or style of the user, lasers are annoying as heck to dodge, especially on FD, release grab frenzy and just high priority moves all around(hell, some have enough range to hit while using bite)
There's been a good outburst of falco users around and the only way I can think of taking one out if by play meta( = / ) so, if there are any tips for this character, that would be greatly appreciated

Bowser: There's this one good bowser in NorCal that rocked me at one tournament, but later "defeated" him at a crew battle. I honestly think that the match-up for this character is more 35-65, just because once bowser grabs you, no matter what percent you are at, its a stock off. The ground release he can force onto you through jabs will merely lead into more jabs which will eventually lead into a grab-released upsmash. The only reason why I beat him last time was because I was using D3 tactics on him; d-air the huge hitbox and smash+tap DI behind so he can't shield grab. I'm pretty sure a full-hopped d-air can hit him too, but I'm too much in the habit of short-hopping everything
Aside from his grabs being an insta-kill, his up-b will cancel any d-air or air approaches, his over-b is a grab, does 18% damage and is a potential killing move and the rest of bowser's moves is just really hard to work around. If anyone else has experiences on this match-up, that would be great.

King DeDeDe: I don't have to worry about this match-up too much, mostly because the only good D3's I've seen are one in my crew, and a couple of other one's out there. Yes, I know how bad this match-up this, but the problem is that I can't play any other character well, and that the matches with Afro Thunder and Seibrik inspired me to brute force through this match up. There's not much I can say, but if there's any little advice that you guys can give me aside from not getting grabbed by his monstrous grab range, it would be appreciated.

Snake: No one plays snake
Ever.
But seriously, I've fought maybe 1 or 2 snakes before and they've always been tricky to work around because of his high-killing, high-priority moves. I guess I'll have to actually experience the match-up more to know what to do, but any advice is welcome.

Peach: Released-grabbed-sweetspotted-upsmash. DO. NOT.WANT.
This match-up isn't as hard as the ones above, but again, any advice is welcome, especially how to approach a f-air spamming peach, since that move has no lag on it.

Smash Tactics
Now, recovering back to the stage, I've got into the habit of holding up on the control stick and using the c-stick to tap back toward the stage and to do an air move in order to break momentum. Now I just read a topic about bike breaking and will probably incorporate that into my recovery techniques.

I'm training myself to do a lot of short-hopped up-airs because of how little lag there is on landing and how powerful the move is. I'm trying to put more n-airs into my playstyle as well; d-airs I have enough of that in my playstyle and f-airs I usually use on people recovering back to the stage, since being shield-grabbed out of a f-air is always bad for Wario especially

For half-charged waft, I either look at the timer during matches, or keep an internal timer in my mind so that I know when to use it. I often use the waft as a shield poker, tech chaser or a recovery interceptor, since I don't know how to combo into it as the half-waft assumes the enemy is at a high percentage and is difficult to combo.

Well, that's all I can really think of, as I said before, any advice is appreciated.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
You can punish anything meta does with a grab, a SH nair to grab, a SHdair or a well timed f smash.

Just platform camp falco. If you are caught on FD, learn to tech falcos spike.

I don't have much bowser exp, but make sure you arent caught on FD. IF you do get caught on fd, just keep juggling him, its not THAT hard.

Play very careful and hug the platforms as much as you can. Try to time each stock to a waft so you dont have to risk him shielding your f smash (which is probably the only other way to kill him)

Fighting snake is all baiting and biting. Instead of throwing his grenades at him, try throwing them up in the air to get them out of the way while you **** him.

You can Smash DI sideways to survive peaches u smash sweetspot up to about 130 or so. If peach wants to fair spam, just jump over her, its charging your waft anyway

Get some vids up so we can review you, fellow CA wario.

ShoMakahari

Smash Rookie
Thanks fiction, I've been following your advice around the boards and its much appreciated
If I get videos, it'll be maybe next week assuming I buy Dazzle or another recording thing, since my crew was thinking of getting together then.

The Great Wario

Smash Rookie
Wario Castle, Kitchen Island and my house in Diamo
Awright, awright! I'll give you some tips on how to REALLY win a tournament!

1. Intimidation. Get up in your opponent's face! People feel uncomfortable when yer too close to 'em, so make sure yer nose-to-nose! Make sure yer big 'n beefy like me or else it won't be as effective!

2. Brag. Make sure yer opponent knows yer gonna win! Inisist on it and yer opponents'll believe it too! But ya gotta keep it fresh! Come up with brilliant lines such as "Amma Wario! AMMA GONNA WEEN!!" Volume is important too! Belt it out at the top of your lungs!

3. Taunt. Insult, insult, INSULT!! Get it through yer head already, moron! When ya first see 'em, make fun of their looks! If they're takin' a while to choose their character yell "HURRY UP!!" When they screw up in a match, rub it in their face! Most importantly, nail 'em with a good one while you K.O. 'em! It's double whammy! Many an opponent has cringed after I yelled "HAVE A R-R-ROTTEN DAY!!" as they fly off the screen! Remember, an opponent with low self-esteem will be easily crushed, so lower their's about ten times before the match begins! WA HA HA HA HA!!

4. Gross 'em out. It's hard ta fight when yer tryin' not to puke, right? If you have any bodily functions to release, save 'em for opportune times in the fight! Yer opponent's tryin' to recover? BURP IN HIS FACE!! Got ya in a grab-release? LIFT UP YER LEG AND FART AT 'IM!! Feel free to keep that nose clean, but as good as that gold on yer finger looks, don't munch it! Rub it on your opponent!

5. Unplug their controller when they're not lookin'. This one work's WONDERS! Just don't get caught, 'else you'll be disqualified!

6. Always use Wario. If ya don't use me, ya lose! Plain and simple! Dedede? Don't make me laugh! I use hammers twice as big to pick my teeth! Meta-knight? That wimp needs to hide behind a sword AND a mask! Gimme a break, he'd go down if I blew on him!

And there you have it! Some tips of the trade! Implement these into other real-life situations and you'll be almost as successful as ME!! WA HA HA HA HA!!

Mario27

Smash Lord

1. Intimidation. Get up in your opponent's face! People feel uncomfortable when yer too close to 'em, so make sure yer nose-to-nose! Make sure yer big 'n beefy like me or else it won't be as effective!

2. Brag. Make sure yer opponent knows yer gonna win! Inisist on it and yer opponents'll believe it too! But ya gotta keep it fresh! Come up with brilliant lines such as "Amma Wario! AMMA GONNA WEEN!!" Volume is important too! Belt it out at the top of your lungs!

3. Taunt. Insult, insult, INSULT!! Get it through yer head already, moron! When ya first see 'em, make fun of their looks! If they're takin' a while to choose their character yell "HURRY UP!!" When they screw up in a match, rub it in their face! Most importantly, nail 'em with a good one while you K.O. 'em! It's double whammy! Many an opponent has cringed after I yelled "HAVE A R-R-ROTTEN DAY!!" as they fly off the screen! Remember, an opponent with low self-esteem will be easily crushed, so lower their's about ten times before the match begins! WA HA HA HA HA!!

4. Gross 'em out. It's hard ta fight when yer tryin' not to puke, right? If you have any bodily functions to release, save 'em for opportune times in the fight! Yer opponent's tryin' to recover? BURP IN HIS FACE!! Got ya in a grab-release? LIFT UP YER LEG AND FART AT 'IM!! Feel free to keep that nose clean, but as good as that gold on yer finger looks, don't munch it! Rub it on your opponent!

5. Unplug their controller when they're not lookin'. This one work's WONDERS! Just don't get caught, 'else you'll be disqualified!

6. Always use Wario. If ya don't use me, ya lose! Plain and simple! Dedede? Don't make me laugh! I use hammers twice as big to pick my teeth! Meta-knight? That wimp needs to hide behind a sword AND a mask! Gimme a break, he'd go down if I blew on him!

And there you have it! Some tips of the trade! Implement these into other real-life situations and you'll be almost as successful as ME!! WA HA HA HA HA!!

So you are saying that you are actually Wario? Nice.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621

Odd, odd post. That's all I can say really.

DemonFart

Smash Lord

what i am wondering is how long can he keep up the wario act before breaking down.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
1. Wario types in perfect english
2. Wario DOES NOT unplug controllers
3. Wario NEVER sounds as dumb as you do.

Good day to your fail, sir. And a merry christmas to you.

ShoMakahari

Smash Rookie
lol, I've seen The Great Wario around the Gamefaqs boards, and he does the same stuff there too >_>

Funny thing is that I actually do scream out random crap, laugh and shout while I play during tourny matches/crew battles.
But that's all I do >_>

BMX

Smash Lord
the bowser situation was a problem to me 2 cause i faced a good player once and this guy named forte.

basically its the same as always:ariel game. bowser has some vicious tilts that space really well.

not only that,if u r really careful, u have a chaingrab on bowser to use to your advantage.

honestly for your other matchups, it looks like your area is pretty scarce of well-rounded people.

a wonderful secondary and easy to learn may be g&w

The Great Wario

Smash Rookie
Wario Castle, Kitchen Island and my house in Diamo
1. Wario types in perfect english
2. Wario DOES NOT unplug controllers
3. Wario NEVER sounds as dumb as you do.

Good day to your fail, sir. And a merry christmas to you.
WRONG!!
1. You mean you've never read any of my manuals!? YOU CALL YERSELF A FAN!?
2. Yes, I do! I even say it in WarioWare Inc.: Mega Party Game$ for the Gamecube!
2. DUMB!? Who's dumb, loser!? Me, the guy who can fly a plane, make video games, design and construct motocross stadiums single-handedly and create dimensional teleporters within seconds or you, the guy who makes accusations he has no proof of on an internet forum, idiot!?

In short, HAVE A R-R-ROTTEN DAY, MORON!! AND BUY MY GAMES!!

EDIT: Enlighten yerself! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=46338557

Representative W

Smash Rookie
Whoa-ho! Jeez! Talk about negative reception! Alright, alright, I'll leave! Didn't mean to offend anyone, just tryin' to make some people laugh. Anyway, If ya wanna know why I'm here, it's because a clan I joined was considering coming here. This is just what I do! I pretend to be Wario for others amusement. But wow, not your type of thing eh? Amma just go back to my life now, which is apparently nonexistant, heh heh! See ya! No hard feelings, right?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ignore Fiction, he woke up on the wrong side of bed today, he's usually more civil. Usually.

And demon, wishing a grab on Wario is sinning.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
That guy has a good Wario impression actually, I've read the Wario World manual, and he nails it, I'm sorry guys, but he nails it.
Sorry, had to quote this just in case someone misses it (I HATE bottom of the page posts.)

Also, the only character I have any difficulty is with Falco, usually I use the bike if he is doing Laser spam though, and it works.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
When they tell you to edit posts, this is what they mean. It's against forum rules to make multiple posts in a row. You can go to the first one, hit edit, and then type in everything you need to add, and then save that, rather than making 2-3 posts consecutively.

Fortunately this place is pretty desolate so you've avoided reprimand XD

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
I personally thought the Wario impersonation was hilarious. I have been playing Wario 2nd only to Ness recently and it isn't because I am good with him (I'm not); it's because he has more personality than any other character and he is funny.

bassem6

Smash Lord
allright sorry i was sort of angry that day b/c my uncle who i spent time with since babyhood has left to go to the marines. first he goes to bootcamp on then he goes to war in afghanistan and will come back in 4 years or will not come back at all. i got kind of stressed so i snapped. never would've acted like that had it been a normal day.
Its ok. Lets talk about our feelings.*hugs* >_>

Top Bottom