• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 28, 2015] The Official TGC #1! $200 pot bonus for Smash 4! (Houston, TX)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Schedule and stuff is looking nice for Smash 4. PLEASE PEOPLE BRING SET UPS IF YOU WANT THIS EVENT TO RUN EFFICIENTLY AND ON TIME

Xyro, since we're still well away from the tournament, I noticed you only have payout conditions to top 5. Would you consider looking back at your old HOBO rules where you had X amount of players equals up to top 8 payout? Surely if we hit 128, top 8 payout would be desired among competitors.

Also, is the doubles cap for 32 teams locked in? I have a feeling there will be MORE than 32 teams if FG4 is any indicator (31 teams I believe).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll bring full setup with recording. Gonna be sweet.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Schedule and stuff is looking nice for Smash 4. PLEASE PEOPLE BRING SET UPS IF YOU WANT THIS EVENT TO RUN EFFICIENTLY AND ON TIME

Xyro, since we're still well away from the tournament, I noticed you only have payout conditions to top 5. Would you consider looking back at your old HOBO rules where you had X amount of players equals up to top 8 payout? Surely if we hit 128, top 8 payout would be desired among competitors.

Also, is the doubles cap for 32 teams locked in? I have a feeling there will be MORE than 32 teams if FG4 is any indicator (31 teams I believe).
Since we only have one day to do this event, 32 or maybe a few more will be allowed. If we had less games or more days, id do 64 teams.

As for the pay out, yes ill expand it to top 8 if it caps (and it will).

razer $50 mm zss vs bowser jr? :^)
Hes pretty much locked in on Falcon now. Bowser Jr cant do it.

I'll bring full setup with recording. Gonna be sweet.
That will help a lot. thank you!

Xyro77

Major news!!!!!!

The MidWest is coming to TGC! Mjg, Shaky, Nicole
and BPow will be in attendance!

Can Houston defend TGC from the foreigners?!?!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Houston VS Midwest?

Fliphop, Razer, Trela, Gnes vs MJG, Shaky, Nicole, BPow?

Xyro77

I really really need full set-ups! You get half your venue fee back if you bring one!

Xyro77

image.jpg

Here is the floor plan in case you all wanna know how it will look. If you need a video of the room, go to the front page of this thread.

Is smash for 3ds going to be played?smash 4 is listed twice.
Since the 3ds/WiiU version are the same, all 3ds users can still enter/play the only 2 Sm4sh events I provide 1vs1 and 2vs2). Just sync up the 3ds to the WiiU and enjoy!

Last edited:

Flashblade

Smash Rookie
NNID
flashblade808
3DS FC
2895-8067-2774
I have another question, im new to this so i dont really know do you pay for the venue fee and competitor fee do i still need to purchase a venue fee?example if i were to compete for smash 4 and melee would it be $32.25 or $21.05 thanks in advance

Xyro77

I have another question, im new to this so i dont really know do you pay for the venue fee and competitor fee do i still need to purchase a venue fee?example if i were to compete for smash 4 and melee would it be $32.25 or $21.05 thanks in advance
In order to use the venue, all participants must pay the venue fee. On the day of the event, you will check in with me and then pay for each individual event.

Does that make sense?

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Is the ticket the venue fee or is it just a guaranteed spot? because I'm also bringing a setup

Flashblade

Smash Rookie
NNID
flashblade808
3DS FC
2895-8067-2774
In order to use the venue, all participants must pay the venue fee. On the day of the event, you will check in with me and then pay for each individual event.

Does that make sense?
yes this makes sense thanks, im new to this stuff so i needed to know how much i might would spend.Hope to see you there :D

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Paid for my Venue fee.
Dunno how to present it to people tho unless like the last couple WHOBO's xyro and ABK just search online to find people then nvm.
If not I'll prolly prnt screen the thing and block out obvious info but show I bought the ticket still to Xyro through a PM.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Anyone need a doubles partner for Smash 4
I'm testing Puff in teams and might try Villager

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Pretty sure I know the answer to this but is it possible to sign up for Smash 4 doubles and Melee singles? I am going to assume they interfere but I figured I'd ask.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but is it possible to sign up for Smash 4 doubles and Melee singles? I am going to assume they interfere but I figured I'd ask.

Yes you can enter both. Every player can enter a max of 3 events.

Xyro77

Hey, guys! Xyro here. TGC is just 8 days away! Are you excited? You should be because if the facebook event page is any indication of turnout, we may have 200 or more people sign up for smash WiiU. This means that TGC will have many new people attend Texas largest SmashWiiU tournament series. New people that many not know how I run events or how to help make this event the best event it can be. So let me take a moment and tell you a few things that will help me help you get the most out of TGC on Feb 28th.

1. Bring a full setup (WiiU/Smash4/TV). The more setups we have at TGC, the more matches we all can play and the faster the event will be completed. If you cannot bring a full setup, I request that you please bring any equipment that you can because anything will help. For the first 10 people that bring a full setup, you will get half your venue fee back. Anyone else that brings a full setup after the 10 will get a free drink. LOL if someone bring two full setups, ill buy you lunch.

2. Be punctual. Though none of you have to be at the venue by 9am like I do (however if you wanna be there at 9am you can) I do request that you be there by 10am. I say 10am because registration lines will be very long and you will need that time to register/hook up WiiU&TV/practice because on the tournament starts, there will be no more friendlies/money matches/registration.

2a. If you would like to make registration go faster, here are ways to help out. Show up to the venue early as possible. Furthermore, please already know which events you would like to enter when you walk up to me. Also, if you plan on doing 2vs2 smash, please stand in the registration line with your partner so yall can sign up together. One final thing, if possible, please pay with $1 or 5$ bills and have your money out and ready to be handed over when signing up for events. I take all forms of paper money but I prefer $1 and $5 bills so that I will not have to make change and I can pay the players out faster at the end of the night.

3. Due to the possibility of very high attendance, I have removed the 128 man cap. Having said that, I will be implementing a strict policy when it comes to disqualifications. When I call your name to go play a match, you have 5min to report to the TV that I have sent you to. If you do not show up to the TV within 5 min, you will be disqualified and sent to loser bracket. I know this may sound harsh but I need people to pay attention to my voice and I need this huge event to finish by 12am.

4. For more information on events, fees, rules, housing, times and anything TGC related, please go to the SmashBoards thread http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...-200-pot-bonus-for-smash-4-houston-tx.384812/ or the Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371/

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@ Xyro77 Xyro77

I don't have a TV to bring, but I can bring a Wii U. What we usually do in SA is people tend to bring free TVs so we can hook them up. Is that possible here? Idc for the venue fee being waived, just want to see if I can help out just a bit.

Xyro77

@ Xyro77 Xyro77

I don't have a TV to bring, but I can bring a Wii U. What we usually do in SA is people tend to bring free TVs so we can hook them up. Is that possible here? Idc for the venue fee being waived, just want to see if I can help out just a bit.
Yes. Please bring whatever you can.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Does anybody have extra adapters? I have a friend with a WiiU and no adapter and I'm letting him borrow my monitor to contribute for a setup, but he doesn't have an adapter. Extra TVs or extra WiiUs makes sense but I'm not sure if anyone buys extra adapters.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Could there be a rule on how long you stay on a setup for friendlies before the tournament? I know that some people stayed on one setup for a long time and the people around them seemed shy to ask if they could get on, or for example I'd ask if I could okay next and somebody else hops on before I even unwrap my controller. I remember you, Xyro, said I should go to a TO if someone's being rude and hogging a setup but I'm saying this for people who don't know that they could come to you, since I know some guy was on my setup for the greater part of the friendlies time we had and nobody seemed to do anything, and I didn't wanna be asshole who hogs my setup because it's mine.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
Uhhhhhh I'm sorry, i don't think thats a good rule. I'm trying to prepare for a tournament, I'm going to play as many friendlies as i can to prepare. It's up to you to MAN UP and ask to get in. All you have to say is "Can i get in next". It's not hard. If someone hops in before you and you called next already, tell them you called it. 99% of the time they'll say "Oh, my bad. Go ahead". Maybe make an announcement for the new players for them to call next if they want to play to give them confidence or something?

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
I think it's a good idea ragetoast but not really worth implementing some rule like that. True a number of people are kind of shy or afraid to ask, but they really need to. Everyone does want to play as much as possible. Honestly I would just bring my own setup and basically claim dibs on it when I want it. Of course don't be a complete butt about it and still share it when you can.

I'm afraid to ask alot of times just because I know everyone else must be thinking the same thing. We all want to hop on and practice. It feels kinda rude to push someone off a setup, but it needs to be done.

Xyro77

If you practice the night before, show up EARLY to the event and do 2vs2, you should have plenty of time to practice.

Once the event starts, there will be no friendlies.

Also, I'm just throwing this out there but does anyone wanna go to the venue and setup on Friday? I'm taking my stuff there on fri. The venue will be locked and the owner lives right next to the venue so no one is gonna break in and steal stuff.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
So I have a 30" CRT, GameCube, and Shadow the Hedgehog. I'll only bring it if I can confirm 16 people will sign up for a mini tourney in the VS. mode for the game, and that's a maybe, because I'm the kind of guy that goes too far for stupid jokes.
Edit: I should also add I don't have melee, if I could I'd bring a setup for that too :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom