• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 21, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazier 8" Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

ShredMan3

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShredMan3
3DS FC
3883-6060-7060
Just saying, the amount of salt and money match requests going through this thread is a little much don't ya think? It's a tourney to have fun and learn to get better not to throw money around to prove your better. Plus it might drive some newcomers away to see people throwing money around like this so i would suggest calming down and saving it for when you actually meet.

Edit: Also, the amount of money you money match doesnt prove skill keep that in mind. Mang0 lost a 1,000 dollar money match, but how many people think hes honestly worse than leffen? (besides Xianos XD jk)

Last edited:

KB3

Smash Rookie
Just saying, the amount of salt and money match requests going through this thread is a little much don't ya think? It's a tourney to have fun and learn to get better not to throw money around to prove your better. Plus it might drive some newcomers away to see people throwing money around like this so i would suggest calming down and saving it for when you actually meet.

Edit: Also, the amount of money you money match doesnt prove skill keep that in mind. Mang0 lost a 1,000 dollar money match, but how many people think hes honestly worse than leffen? (besides Xianos XD jk)
Couldn't have said it better. Its not about whose the best, the money, etc. Its about growing as a community, learning from each other, and pretty much laugh and having fun. Leave the salt between yall.

Last edited:

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
So what? You won a match kudos to you. I will do 30$ first to 5. Sound good to you?
Yep. We will use the NC PM ruleset.

Starters:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

CP:
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone
WarioWare, Inc.
Norfair
Fountain of Dreams

No bans, DSR is in effect. 1-2-1 striking first game (winner of RPS strikes first).

Last edited:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Yep. We will use the NC PM ruleset.

Starters:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

CP:
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone
WarioWare, Inc.
Norfair
Fountain of Dreams

No bans, DSR is in effect. 1-2-1 striking first game (winner of RPS strikes first).
DSR should not be in effect when it is first to 5 and only ten stages

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Reloking at the list yoshis island for brawl should be allowed as well
The people who run the NC power rankings made this list, and it is a good list. I agree it should be on, but it would throw the list out of balance with striking and such. This was the ruleset for mute city, let's just stick with it.

T0RN

I'm Torn
1. first of all u brought the "doubt" upon urself by trash talking people better than u (Glish for example)
2. Constant trash talk doesn't rly sit well with people hinting at why u may feel that people doubt u because no one wants to see someone that acts like a jerk win
3. If u talk because of "pride" then u might have some serious pride issues. Heres a link to some therapist in the charlotte area: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/state/NC/Charlotte.html
You really looked up a link xD

T0RN

I'm Torn

Agreed. People should not be throwing around so much money. Lots of us are mainly in middle school and high school, save the money and have fun!

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
Lol didn't stingers win like two of the tournaments last time? Teach me bro, bestow thou knowledge.

SoapBar

Smash Cadet
So you have ****ty sm4sh for side event yet no allstar random event? I mean who wants to fight someone who uses a ganon that does 82% or a captain falcon that insta kills you?
It's a side Amiibo event. So only nfc figurines will deal with these fighters. Also I think you can only have 3 peices of equipment on. Correct me if I'm wrong I don't have smash 4 but love amiibos.

SoapBar

Smash Cadet
Could someone explain the striking and banning system as its my first tournament.

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
Check out the newly added "Crazier 8" Amiibo Side Tournament on the first page of this thread! Who's got the most trained Amiibo? We will find out this Saturday, February 21st! Hope to see ya there!
They're saying its going to snow on saturday, will the event continue as planned?

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
It's a side Amiibo event. So only nfc figurines will deal with these fighters. Also I think you can only have 3 peices of equipment on. Correct me if I'm wrong I don't have smash 4 but love amiibos.
The amiibos are "fed" equipment, and they have to "work up an appetite" to have more fed to them, to build up an appetite, just let them fight. So they never have a true limit to how many equipment they can have. This means that they can build up and grow to near perfect stats if you have them fight enough and have enough equipment to give them. However, things that give them something like a homerun bat or brief invincibility at the start, can only have 3 attached to the amiibo at one time. If you have any more questions, just ask!

Top Bottom