• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 21, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazier 8" Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I didn't know anyone actually read the threads lawl. Either way, posting a lot doesn't make me good. Oh well.

If we don't meet and bracket, I'd totally be down to play some friendlies (and I do try in friendlies), but I don't do money matches. I never want smash to be about the money, no matter how little. In fact, if I place high enough and win like 40+ bucks I'll probably just order pizza for the whole venue or something. Smash for me is about achieving goals, contributing to the community, and having fun. I know someone who got upset when boss showed up at our small local and was upset because that meant he would get less money from getting 2nd. I don't want a thought like that to ever cross my mind.
That's understandable. I usually ask for mm's to make sure my opponent is playing at his best.

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
Respect+++

I never understood not trying in friendlies, unless the player was trying to keep their skill a secret or something. Still, I'm hyped for tomorrow. I'm taking Smash 4 fosho, opponents don't even bother showing up.

P.S. my amiibo just said he's gonna bop all the other chumps.

Last edited:

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Ok so me (Ferf) and my brother are going to the tournament today, but yesterday his controller broke, I might be able to get one before it starts but if I can't does anyone have a spare controller he can use for the whole day (Pm to smash 4)? I know it's a lot to ask but it would be really appreciated if somebody can do that for me! I am waiting on a friend to respond and if I can get one i'll let you guys know.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Ok so me (Ferf) and my brother are going to the tournament today, but yesterday his controller broke, I might be able to get one before it starts but if I can't does anyone have a spare controller he can use for the whole day (Pm to smash 4)? I know it's a lot to ask but it would be really appreciated if somebody can do that for me! I am waiting on a friend to respond and if I can get one i'll let you guys know.
I got you

White Wolf

Smash Cadet
Why does everyone already know who I am somehow? My dream was to show up and have everyone be like "who is this guy?" and them take down some of the top players there. You guys ruined my dreams :( lol

Twisty Treats, I challenge you to a gannon ditto friendlies after PM bracket is over. Loser has to yell "I suck at gannon" to the venue.

Last time I said I had a gannon, cody called me out as a fraud....

One four stock later.... huehuehue
That gannon hasn't been hatched yet
That ZSS is good tho

White Wolf

Smash Cadet
Shout outs-
Glish, for making 5th today
Peter, for beating Stingers and winning Melee
Sharkz, Jelly and Felipe for reminding me I'm still a scrub (nicely)
The volunteers and everyone who helps run this event, it is one of the best in NC
Cody and the stream
GG's all, this was really dope.

White Wolf

Smash Cadet
Good tournemant very well run. Shoutouts for Glish for shrecking me and getting 5th. That kid is improving very quckly
Humble pie tastes like garbage. Improve your play, and look back at those matches, even though it'll be painful.
Also, don't throw more than 5 dollars at someone whose skill you're unsure of.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Humble pie tastes like garbage. Improve your play, and look back at those matches, even though it'll be painful.
Also, don't throw more than 5 dollars at someone whose skill you're unsure of.
In friendlies it was back and forth but he practiced his ass off while I did not. Good matches for him

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
once again an excellent event. I'm really impressed with my gameplay this month and I can see myself improving quickly. shout outs to glish for being amazing, BirdLordMasterBeak (Steven<3) for 5/0ing me in a $match, twisty treats for being a buster, and Sharkz for being a cool dude. excited for the next event :p

T0RN

I'm Torn
once again an excellent event. I'm really impressed with my gameplay this month and I can see myself improving quickly. shout outs to glish for being amazing, BirdLordMasterBeak (Steven<3) for 5/0ing me in a $match, twisty treats for being a buster, and Sharkz for being a cool dude. excited for the next event :p
Haha went out like a buster eh... you guys mm?

T0RN

I'm Torn
he beat me in our MM, but I beat him in friendlies excessively. i'll rematch him soon. he went out like a buster vs glish he got DESTROYED like leffen chilin bad
Alright gl... were they close maatches between glish and him?

NTG

Smash Cadet
Alright gl... were they close maatches between glish and him?
At one point Glish was doing thundercat taunts in the middle of the match with Marth...want to say around ten times. Most of the matches were 2-3 stocks on Glish's part.

Anyway, very well run tourney, excited for the next one. Feel like I learned an awful lot.

NTG

Smash Cadet
I went out like a bust vs nevermind lol he beat me in the ganon dittos then decided to go lucas for ****s and giggles.. would have won if the PM team took the lag off of his dair
And increased the knockback and gave it shock radius and a disjointed hitbox up to his waist. Dair is already pretty dang good

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
This event was super fun and very well run. I really wish all other events were run this well.

Anyway, shoutout to Sharkz, Stingers, Jelly, Kai, etc. for just being really cool dudes and teaching me a lot (much of which they don't know they taught me huehuehue). Was tons of fun playing with you guys.

Also, shoutout to @ Twisty Treats Twisty Treats for being a man and honoring our gentleman's agreement for our ganon dittos.

Shots fired at Glish. You ran off before I got to play you, and I feel that I deserved your spot on the bracket >: ( Next time we meet, we are playing, it's gonna happen.

But anyway, my only real regret in tournament was beating nevermind. That was such a dumb move. If I just threw that set and went into losers from there, I would have had such an easier path. Instead I had to play jelly and stingers lawl. Oh well, was awesome getting a chance to play against them anyway, I just hoped it would be a little later in bracket.

Anyone got a link to the bracket? I really want to look it over more.

Last edited:

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
But anyway, my only real regret in tournament was beating nevermind. That was such a dumb move. If I just threw that set and went into losers from there, I would have had such an easier path. Instead I had to play jelly and stingers lawl. Oh well, was awesome getting a chance to play against them anyway, I just hoped it would be a little later in bracket.
That's weak. You would've had to play Jess anyway, so that would've hardly been an easier bracket. And here you go.

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
That's weak. You would've had to play Jess anyway, so that would've hardly been an easier bracket. And here you go.
I'm not trying to insult her at all, but I think I have better odds against her than I do against stringers and archbishop jelly. Besides, you said she was feeling really sick and playing really badly, right?

EDIT: That's not the bracket... lol

Last edited:

T0RN

I'm Torn
This event was super fun and very well run. I really wish all other events were run this well.

Anyway, shoutout to Sharkz, Stingers, Jelly, Kai, etc. for just being really cool dudes and teaching me a lot (much of which they don't know they taught me huehuehue). Was tons of fun playing with you guys.

Also, shoutout to @ Twisty Treats Twisty Treats for being a man and honoring our gentleman's agreement for our ganon dittos.

Shots fired at Glish. You ran off before I got to play you, and I feel that I deserved your spot on the bracket >: ( Next time we meet, we are playing, it's gonna happen.

Anyone got a link to the bracket? I really want to look it over more.
Here is the link to all of the Mathews tournament results. http://challonge.com/users/matthewssmashers

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
I'm not trying to insult her at all, but I think I have better odds against her than I do against stringers and archbishop jelly. Besides, you said she was feeling really sick and playing really badly, right?

EDIT: That's not the bracket... lol
Uh, woops lol. And my objection to your post was based on my attitude towards playing good players early in the bracket - I play to win, and if I'm gonna win I'll have to play the best players eventually anyway. No point in being frustrated, then. Btw, I'll take non-buster Jess over literally anyone in the state. Ya'll haven't seen what she's capable of.

Foo

Smash Lord
Uh, woops lol. And my objection to your post was based on my attitude towards playing good players early in the bracket - I play to win, and if I'm gonna win I'll have to play the best players eventually anyway. No point in being frustrated, then. Btw, I'll take non-buster Jess over literally anyone in the state. Ya'll haven't seen what she's capable of.
Yeah, I wasn't being serious, I was just taking a shot at the seeding for the tournament. That was my only real problem with it. It's kinda dumb that losing a game could make your bracket easier.

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I wasn't being serious, I was just taking a shot at the seeding for the tournament. That was my only real problem with it. It's kinda dumb that losing a game could make your bracket easier.
You got the same placing as me without having to beat anyone of note. I got to where I did by beating Jess, at least. The seeding was fine. Also Yoshi's Brawl was banned... =[

Foo

Smash Lord
You got the same placing as me without having to beat anyone of note. I got to where I did by beating Jess, at least. The seeding was fine. Also Yoshi's Brawl was banned... =[
I didn't get a chance to beat anyone of note. I got put against some of the best players in the state in early rounds (and got really close to winning, too. Took stingers to a close game 3 and both games against jelly were 1 stock high%). Also, every stage is legal if you agree to it, and it's not like the stage mattered that much lol.

Last edited:

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
I didn't get a chance to beat anyone of note. I got put against some of the best players in the state in early rounds (and got really close to winning, too. Took stingers to a close game 3 and both games against jelly were 1 stock high%). Also, every stage is legal if you agree to it, and it's not like the stage mattered that much lol.
lol Yoshi's was as much my fault as yours for not knowing the correct stagelist, but don't pretend that we gentleman'd there. And me and Jess don't practice that stage while you clearly do, so don't pretend it wasn't a relevant factor, either.

Foo

Smash Lord
lol Yoshi's was as much my fault as yours for not knowing the correct stagelist, but don't pretend that we gentleman'd there. And me and Jess don't practice that stage while you clearly do, so don't pretend it wasn't a relevant factor, either.
Fault is irrelevant, that's just the rules. If both players agree to a stage, you can go there. I was told the stagelist had yoshi's earlier, and that was apparently wrong. Also, I don't practice on that stage lol. I just picked it because it's kinda long and bigish blast zones. The middle platform wound up working against me for the game.

Anyway, I don't know why you always seem to want to start !@#$ with me, but I'm done with it. See you next tourney.

Top Bottom