• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 1, 2014] Michigan Ranbats 8 - Brawl/Project M (Livonia, MI)

What do you want as a Side Event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I have been informed that The MI FGC will not be having any Ranbats at Schoolcraft for the month of August. I will be trying to secure a venue this week (Possibly joining forces with Juggleguy for Body City).

More information when I can get you it.

Xatic

Smash Lord
It isn't a problem with them, it's a problem with the venue. it's quite a story actually. LOL

We will be back at this venue whenever they get the problem figured out (ie. September). But until then we're probably going to be finding something else or just not have them.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Situation has been resolved. We will be moving to Ann Arbor and will be running our event along side Body City!

This will be great for the Project M scene with 2/3 scenes coming together. When I have more info from Juggleguy I will let you know and the OP will be updated.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Should be really hype. Who wants to sidebet on whether more Melee players or more Brawl players will make it into the PM top 8 placings? :denzel:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
id put $10 on brawl having more

and damnit now i have to drive twice as far

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I think people underestimate how good melee players are at this game. Most of the time, P:M events are run at brawl tournies, so it's only Julian with melee experience who enters. My 2 months of having the game downloaded, doesn't give me the years of experience the melee players can carry over on some of their characters.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I think people underestimate how good melee players are at this game. Most of the time, P:M events are run at brawl tournies, so it's only Julian with melee experience who enters. My 2 months of having the game downloaded, doesn't give me the years of experience the melee players can carry over on some of their characters.
u suck though.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

We have Ally though :denzel:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
id put $10 on brawl having more
Deal. I win $10 if there are more Melee players in PM top 8, you win $10 if there are more Brawl players in PM top 8. :p

Shady vs Ally is a MUST-HAPPEN at this, they've been dominating all PM tourneys they've attended but have never played as far as I know.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Deal. I win $10 if there are more Melee players in PM top 8, you win $10 if there are more Brawl players in PM top 8. :p

Shady vs Ally is a MUST-HAPPEN at this, they've been dominating all PM tourneys they've attended but have never played as far as I know.
Looks like drdn is going to lose $10.

Also Rob, don't get bodied by me :yeahboi:

What's The Point

Smash Master
I want to say Brawl players since in general a Brawl player will outpace a similarly skilled Melee player. But since this will be mostly MI players I'm giving it to Melee. The good MI melee players are better at their game, and smash, than the good Brawl players are at theirs.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I don't think it'll work like that. The Ganon U-Tilt is 2 seconds long. The fact that you get hit by that should dishonor your family let alone your smash career.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
there's a possibility of me going to this, might be going on vacation that weekend though, so I'm not sure

So does this mean there's not going be be a ranbats on the 24th?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
there's a possibility of me going to this, might be going on vacation that weekend though, so I'm not sure

So does this mean there's not going be be a ranbats on the 24th?

Unsure for now, I will need to find another venue when that happens. I will look into getting Mason Hall most likely.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Wait, which version of P:M is being used for this?

SoulPech

Smash Master
Looking for teammate in Brawl and P:M.

P:M- Placed 2nd at the last tourney, losing to Ally and Zinoto, but took them to Game 5 both times.

Brawl- Someone good and Aggressive or LOE1 :denzel:

Top Bottom