• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FB3: The Shocker//April 11th-12th PDX

Climax11

Smash Ace
I hate online matches though, haha. If I can't fight in the air, why fight at all ;)
I can't wait to face you in person at FB3, your toon link seems pretty **** in spite of the lag.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I'll be online this weekend for a little bit if anyone wants to play me contact me on All Is Brawl I'll message you my cell number or something. I'm on All is Brawl a lot more often than smash boards that's why I say message me there. t!mmy you vs my DK? Oh ya and I'll most likely be at this tournament at least for the brawl part.

Climax11

Smash Ace
what time can you smash guy
Uhm...if we started around noon it would be better for me.

I was also thinking of hosting the first Rose City Brawl Monthly at my place this saturday, but I could start it next saturday if it works better for people? Not sure if I'll be able to with this one, but with future Rose City Brawl Monthlies I'll be trying to out reach to people who don't use/don't have smashboards/allisbrawl accounts by posting at local schools (psu, pcc, etc.) and trying to get others to do the same.

I know it's kind of seperate from this finger bang thread, but if anyone wants to get in on some pre Finger bang brawling to see how you really size up in NoOr tell me which saturday works better for you. :)

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
Uhm...if we started around noon it would be better for me.

I was also thinking of hosting the first Rose City Brawl Monthly at my place this saturday, but I could start it next saturday if it works better for people? Not sure if I'll be able to with this one, but with future Rose City Brawl Monthlies I'll be trying to out reach to people who don't use/don't have smashboards/allisbrawl accounts by posting at local schools (psu, pcc, etc.) and trying to get others to do the same.

I know it's kind of seperate from this finger bang thread, but if anyone wants to get in on some pre Finger bang brawling to see how you really size up in NoOr tell me which saturday works better for you. :)
this sat would be chill vg would able to come to it and james

Climax11

Smash Ace
OooOo. Double post time:

So for Brawl, I changed Skyworld & Green Hill Zone to Banned Stages, and changed Shadow Moses Island & Pokemon Stadium 2 to Counter Picks.

My thought behind this is that Skyworld is obviously easy to KO on, and I've never really had/seen a really enjoyable match on Green Hill Zone.

As for Pokemon Stadium 2 and Shadow Moses, maybe I just can't find a good thread explaining why to ban these two, but everyone gets a stage ban so I figure if you really hate either there you go. And Shadow Moses may be a walk off but you have to destroy a reforming barrier before you can walk off.

To Keeper: I'm keeping Luigi's Mansion as a counter pick, even though the support beams can disrupt attacks (happened to me a couple times at annoying junctures the other day), it's still such an interesting level and i've had some really fun matches on it that you can't really have on other stages. I think since people know the support beams do interupt attacks, it's a great stage in that some characters are forced to approach more and can't rely on lasers or the such.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
shadow moses it terrible, as long as you can tech a wall you will live forever. luigis mansion is terrible because the beams slow attacks and camping is so gay on that level. skyworld is bad for both reasons. lag from every attack because the plaforms can be destroyed really really blows. green hill zone is eh, i dont mind walk off stages so much.

i can make this on saturday by the way.

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
Most likely going to the brawl day. I am expecting to get rocked, but it should be fun. Also will most likely bring some friends.

most likely coming:
***go (f-a-g-g-o)
Spung
Wigit (maybe)

Climax11

Smash Ace
Awesome, It'll be cool to have you guys.

And Jayce, I'm going to by trying luigi's mansion and shadow moses this saturday to really get a feel for if they should be allowed. You'll have to show me your amazing teching on SMI to hammer that in. ;)

T0MMY

Smash Master
We're going to try to make it to this. I'll try to bring some sparkling apple cider or something to ring in a new event X^)

Climax11

Smash Ace
I'll probably ban end up banning it for FB3...I'll give it a tryi this weekend, if for nothing else to try it before it becomes banned and I play it every 6 months :)

Pm, come to RBC #1

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
hey guy **** bc is da man i think i can buy the recording tomorrow but cant come until 10pm
but we can record matches
is that fine
i can leave around 10pm

Climax11

Smash Ace
See...the thing about fliers is, my house can't really hold more than forty five people (fifty at the most really). I had interest from WA, EWA, ID, NV already....

I'm going to try and get acurrate head counts from all of those locations, as well as Eugene, Corvallis, and the Portland Metro within the next week. If the turn out seems high enough I could look into getting a different venue, but seeing as I'm doing STD for the event I don't think that will be possible for this edition of FB.

If Brdy_ and Eggz could get me some head counts from there local's that'd be awesome. :-D

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
dude give me some fliers and ****

we can probaly get all of greshams brawl players (is like 30 descent players)
dude this **** is gonna be big lolz
bigger than my wang

we can probaly get 1st prize up 1k or higher if you advertise good seriously not ****ing kidding

not ****ing kidding make some ****ing fliers bro

this is gonna be the best tournie in oregon history

Climax11

Smash Ace
maybe we'll aim that high with fb4...I really won't have that kinda housing BC. :)? I'm thinking "the spocker" :chuckle:

Quatro Beinte Everybody, G'night.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Important Info about FB3

Friday Melee STD Schedule
Crews @ 7 or so
Doubles @ 9 or so
and Singles @ like 11 or so and do the tourine as a STD if we needed to. And then the brawling the next day bright and early.

Saturday Brawl Schedule
Crews @ 11am (To determine seeding.)
Doubles @ 2 :30pm(This should hopefully give people time to get some food here.)
Singles @ 5/5:30pm

Then after the tournament I was thinking we could all car pool to a local Shari's. I'm either going to require everyone comes/leaves at this point, or people hang out only in the garage while we're gone. I'll probably end up asking everyone that drives if they can help car pool, so hopefully that won't be an issue to badly.

Then, if you've talked to me about staying Saturday night this will be when Drunken Smash happens. I'll be using entry fee's to help provide the base beer/liquor but if you're a heavy drinker you might want to bring some extra booze/cash for booze.

Entry Fee's

Door Fee/$5

Melee Crews/$1 per person
Melee Doubles/$5 per person
Melee Singles/$5 or 10 per person

Brawl Crews/$1 per person
Brawl Doubles/$5 or 10 per person
Brawl Singles/$10 per person

There's obviously two questions in those fee's. Since there is so much smashing, I'm all for Doubles being 5 a person so the most can participate. But I'll completely leave that one up to the popluar vote.

As for the cost of Melee Singles, I'm completely fine with this one going either way. So this could either go to a good arguement, or popluar vote.

I'm also thinking about doing a seperate Brawl Tournament for people who don't want to play melee Friday night. I was thinking a 2 VS 2 (not to be confused with doubles) for like, $2 dollar or something. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this, but most likely it'll just be agreed upon the night of.

Also, like I said, try and get me an accurate RSVP if you can. I will be waving the door fee for a few indivduals/groups making longer trips. Granted, this won't save you tons in the long run, but an extra 5/10 off the total expirence will help a little.

So...get your opinions in now, or don't bitch later.

Cmax.

keeper

Smash Champion
If you need the GCN on Friday, I can't bring it as I'll be busy all day, just on Saturday, which I could bring it anyway for mess around stuff.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Yeah, everyone should bring set ups when they can, even if we don't end up using them, it's better to have one and not need it, that to need one and not have it.

Top Bottom