• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Favorite Zelda Game Poll

What is your favorite Zelda Game?

• Total voters

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I dont think I ever want to beat ALttP. It's not that I dont like that game: in fact, it probably is my favorite. It's just that I dont want to see it end. That game has been there since I was 5 years old, and I never beat it. Now here I am, on the last temple, Ganon's castle, and everyone I know is saying "Beat the game already!" But I dont want to! It's just one of those games you dont want to see end...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
My friend came over and put in my copy of Link's Crossbow Training (he had never played it). I don't know what happened, but we really got into it. We reattempted levels multiple times trying to get those platinum medals. It was crazy fun.

I scored over 60,000 points on the white wolf level alone. ^_^

Spire

III
BRoomer
My friend came over and put in my copy of Link's Crossbow Training (he had never played it). I don't know what happened, but we really got into it. We reattempted levels multiple times trying to get those platinum medals. It was crazy fun.

I scored over 60,000 points on the white wolf level alone. ^_^
The white wolfos level was one of the best in the game. I remember trying it over and over because of how ridiculously fun it was. I suppose because it really did the whole "waves of enemies" idea justice, unlike the moldorm stage.

I always do terrible at the Darknut stage though. If only Nintendo had gone all out and made a full-length game with the crossbow concept :ohwell: Perhaps they'll include the crossbow in Zelda Wii?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I got Platinum on every stage in Link's Crossbow Training

(Yes I actually liked it. It was fun for what it was meant to be)

Scott!

Smash Lord
I dont think I ever want to beat ALttP. It's not that I dont like that game: in fact, it probably is my favorite. It's just that I dont want to see it end. That game has been there since I was 5 years old, and I never beat it. Now here I am, on the last temple, Ganon's castle, and everyone I know is saying "Beat the game already!" But I dont want to! It's just one of those games you dont want to see end...
I was in a similar situation with LA for a while. I also started it when I was young, like 6 or so. It took me 12 years to beat it. For a while, it was because I just wasn't that good at games yet, and it really did take that long. But by the end, I was putting off progressing because I was enjoying the game too much. Instead of progressing it, I'd go redo dungeons and go through them, even though half of the stuff in them didn't happen anymore. I loved exploring that world, and probably still know just about every screen by heart that isn't in the very end of the game. But eventually I was ready to finish it, and it was great.

The game doesn't have to end just because you beat it. Once I beat LA, I started over. It had been 6 years since I'd seen a lot of the main plot elements of the game, so it was like playing it for the first time all over again. Seeing all the scenes with Marin, doing the trading sequence, saving Bow Wow, all of it. I knew the world by heart, and now I got a second chance to go through it like new. So my recommendation to you is to go for it. Your experience with ALttP doesn't have to end with beating the game.

Link_Player123

Smash Rookie
Twilight Princess Owns All!

I loved Twilight Princess thought it was better than all the rest of the Zelda games. With the advanced graphics (by advanced I mean the best that the wii could handle). wii-mote functions were pretty cool (c'mon admit it you loved swining the wii-remote pretending you were chopping off peoples heads for hours at a time). the length was just right for me, not too long like ocarnia of time, took me about 40-50 hours to complete (I love long games, I just don't like games that drag which is what ocarania of time did for me when I was stuck on a certain part of a dungeon for too long and couldn't figure out what to do. I thought becoming a wolf was pretty awsome (I mean c'mon when else can you bite people and not get in trouble). These are all the features to me that make this game the best of them all!

Ocarnia of Time: for me was too hard (even with a walkthrough it was hard to beat).

Majora's Mask: liked it but not a big fan of the time limit thing.

Original Zelda: yea it was good played it for awhile (never beat it) but how can that be anyones favorite with titles like Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, or Ocarnia of Time out there.

Never played any of the DS titles or the ones featuring "Toon Link" (A.K.A Wind Waker).

That pretty much breaks down my pick for this poll, hope more people vote on this poll and post there answers, I love to see all the different opinions.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I loved Twilight Princess thought it was better than all the rest of the Zelda games. With the advanced graphics (by advanced I mean the best that the wii could handle). wii-mote functions were pretty cool (c'mon admit it you loved swining the wii-remote pretending you were chopping off peoples heads for hours at a time). the length was just right for me, not too long like ocarnia of time, took me about 40-50 hours to complete (I love long games, I just don't like games that drag which is what ocarania of time did for me when I was stuck on a certain part of a dungeon for too long and couldn't figure out what to do. I thought becoming a wolf was pretty awsome (I mean c'mon when else can you bite people and not get in trouble). These are all the features to me that make this game the best of them all!

Ocarnia of Time: for me was too hard (even with a walkthrough it was hard to beat).

Original Zelda: yea it was good played it for awhile (never beat it) but how can that be anyones favorite with titles like Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, or Ocarnia of Time out there.

Never played any of the DS titles or the ones featuring "Toon Link" (A.K.A Wind Waker).

That pretty much breaks down my pick for this poll, hope more people vote on this poll and post there answers, I love to see all the different opinions.
TP is pretty great. Though remember, it was designed for the Gamecube, so its graphics aren't the best the Wii can do. Not trying to be nitpicky, but this just means that Zelda Wii will (hopefully) look even better than TP does.

You should definitely look into a lot of the games you haven't gotten to yet. Wind Waker is top notch, as is A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. The Oracle games are great as well. And Spirit Tracks is looking like it's going to become another beloved handheld Zelda.

D3m0nhunter719

Smash Cadet
I hated Wind Waker man.
The gameplay was decent but the graphics pretty much ruined the whole game for me.

rhan

Smash Hero

Obviously if the only Zelda game you played and enjoyed was Twilight Princess..... You're not a true Zelda fan.

It took me 4 days to beat TP. It was simple. But I cannot deny such a storyline.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I hated Wind Waker man.
The gameplay was decent but the graphics pretty much ruined the whole game for me.
Really? That's a first for me. Personally, I though WW's graphics made that game. Its unique, toon feel somehow helped create a story and experience that immediately grabbed my attention. The look, style, and events that take place all fit perfectly, and as I progressed through the game, the storyline, with the addition of the cel-shaded graphics, grew all the more epic, especially when you discover that
Hyrule still exists under the Great Sea
. In some unexplainable way, the cel-shaded graphics fit WW, PH, and ST so well, even though they would ruin games like TP and MM.

Link_Player123

Smash Rookie
TP is pretty great. Though remember, it was designed for the Gamecube, so its graphics aren't the best the Wii can do. Not trying to be nitpicky, but this just means that Zelda Wii will (hopefully) look even better than TP does.

You should definitely look into a lot of the games you haven't gotten to yet. Wind Waker is top notch, as is A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. The Oracle games are great as well. And Spirit Tracks is looking like it's going to become another beloved handheld Zelda.
I've played a link to the past (it was alright, but not a huge fan of it)
But I will definitly look into windwaker and others.

Also I completly forgot that the game was designed for gamecube, and your right the next Zelda for wii is going to have superior graphics (hopefully), and I can't wait until the new zelda comes out.

Anyone have any news of a release date or even a name of a new Zelda game coming to the wii?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If you let graphics ruin a game, then you arent a gamer.
I agree with the premise of your comment (graphics are the icing on the cake and not necessary in great games), but I agree with his assessment. I think it is totally valid to dislike the art style or art direction. It is a different argument than "I dislike this game because the graphics are 'inadequate' (low polygon count, textures, etc.)". Personally, I was not a fan of Wind Waker either for that very reason, but I do love the gameplay.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Anyone have any news of a release date or even a name of a new Zelda game coming to the wii?
Look at the Zelda Wii Thread for any information. So far we don't have any news about a release date or a title. I wouldn't even expect any information on either of those for the next couple of months.

I agree with the premise of your comment (graphics are the icing on the cake and not necessary in great games), but I agree with his assessment. I think it is totally valid to dislike the art style or art direction. It is a different argument than "I dislike this game because the graphics are 'inadequate' (low polygon count, textures, etc.)". Personally, I was not a fan of Wind Waker either for that very reason, but I do love the gameplay.
This is very true. OoT is my favorite game of all time, and its graphics are kind of sad compared to modern games (although when it came out, they were decent, although there were some very blurry textures, which is why I'm doing a texture pack, but that's beside the point). But it was an amazing game regardless. But about WW, its graphics really shouldn't be held against it. Even if you don't like cel-shaded graphics, they're still quite nicely done, and it's thought by many to be one of the best Zeldas yet.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yup. OoT is still my favorite. The graphics are tragic by today's standard, but I liked where it was headed. It was very realistic and immersive. It helped me take the world more seriously. I dislike Wind Waker's art because everything was just too goofy looking. It wasn't even really the cel-shading that bothered me. It was the tiny feet and huge heads on everything.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yup. OoT is still my favorite. The graphics are tragic by today's standard, but I liked where it was headed. It was very realistic and immersive. It helped me take the world more seriously. I dislike Wind Waker's art because everything was just too goofy looking. It wasn't even really the cel-shading that bothered me. It was the tiny feet and huge heads on everything.
It's funny that you say that, because the art style is part of what made Wind Waker for me. It gave the game its own unique look and flavor, almost as if I was playing through a Hylian poem/painting of the events of WW. When I played through the game when it first came out (I was about 10 I think?) I thought that it was meant to be exactly that - you weren't playing through the story first hand like in OoT or WW. Instead, you were playing through a retelling of the story, hence why the art-style looks so much different.

Of course, that's most likely entirely wrong, but it's cool that what my 10-year-old mind made up made my attitude towards WW's artstyle so different than yours.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I prefer the psuedo-realistic style that TP has introduced, but I still enjoy the cel-shading of WW a lot. I think it was a great direction for Nintendo to take Zelda, and seeing as how the toon games are now running parallel with the realistic ones, we get two worlds (and interestingly enough, the 3D cel-shaded games take place in the parallel timeline to the realistic ones, so they're separated). I'm pretty sure that was done on purpose, so props to Ninty.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I want a completely realistic Zelda (graphics). It doesn't have to be super mature. It just needs to look good and have super epic enemies that are actually difficult to combat.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I want a completely realistic Zelda (graphics). It doesn't have to be super mature. It just needs to look good and have super epic enemies that are actually difficult to combat.
You mean those five scattered moblins on the world map weren't hard enough for you? Man, you guys are getting too good at these :mad:

Scott!

Smash Lord
Perhaps in Zelda Wii, there will be 6 Moblins! That would make it 20% harder! Yeah, that would be excellent.

As for this graphics debate, I side strongly with those who think that the WW style was perfect for the game. I don't want that to be how all Zelda games are, and for now I'm content to have it stay on the handhelds, but in WW, it worked very well.

D3m0nhunter719

Smash Cadet
If you let graphics ruin a game, then you arent a gamer.
Obviously not, I mean I am a member of this forum which is a video game forum....is it not?
Besides it wasn't really JUST the graphics that wrecked it for me.
I also didn't like alot of the items, charecter designs, and dungeons.
The items all seemed kinda cheesy to me...like the Deku leaf. It was a cool idea but it turned out (for me at least) looking kinda lame.
The main thing with the charecters that bothered me was their heads were like 50 feet wide (especially Links) and that got annoying really fast.
I can't remember most of the dungeons but I remember disliking alot of them.
Also another main thing that killed the game for me was the ridiculous amount of sailing you had to do. At first it felt amazing, but after a while it got very tedious.

Link_Player123

Smash Rookie
Although I never played WW I have seen videos and screenshots and thought that the art style was just fine. I do like the realistic graphics of TP a lot better though and wish that the new Zelda game will come with realistic graphics and that they look even better than TP's.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You mean those five scattered moblins on the world map weren't hard enough for you? Man, you guys are getting too good at these :mad:
They were really hard at first. I mean, Epona trampling them wasn't even a one-hit kill! I had to turn around and finish the job!

Scott!

Smash Lord
I will never for the life of me understand how people find sailing in WW so boring. It's just so fun. You don't have all that much to do before you can get the warp song. It's more fun than riding Epona or walking to get around, though TP Epona caught up a lot. But between the rupee courses that would pop up, dodging cannon balls from the pirate towers, and just jumping out of the water, it's still not old to me.

And while I'm on a roll, I don't really get why people have a problem with the Triforce shards quest. Up to that point in the game, I felt like I was neglecting half of the world while I just went from plot point to plot point. Now finally I was able to just go and explore every corner of the world. To me, it's not tedious at all. I just stock up on bait, and start in one corner of the map and work my way around the edges and everywhere else I need to go. I end up with all the shards and a complete map, and plus all the exploring helps find the money needed to pay Tingle.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I liked pulling chests up from the water with the aid of the GBA.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wizzerd is a huge Tingle fan. Though, I'm not entirely sure he's even played the game.
I will never for the life of me understand how people find sailing in WW so boring. It's just so fun. You don't have all that much to do before you can get the warp song. It's more fun than riding Epona or walking to get around, though TP Epona caught up a lot. But between the rupee courses that would pop up, dodging cannon balls from the pirate towers, and just jumping out of the water, it's still not old to me.

And while I'm on a roll, I don't really get why people have a problem with the Triforce shards quest. Up to that point in the game, I felt like I was neglecting half of the world while I just went from plot point to plot point. Now finally I was able to just go and explore every corner of the world. To me, it's not tedious at all. I just stock up on bait, and start in one corner of the map and work my way around the edges and everywhere else I need to go. I end up with all the shards and a complete map, and plus all the exploring helps find the money needed to pay Tingle.
Word. Contrary to what many believe, I found Majora's Mask to be far more tedious than every aspect of Wind Waker. I loved all of the slight differences seen throughout the game, such as making the first dungeon fire-based, and the second forest-based rather than vice versa; the third dungeon somewhat water-based, but not a true "water temple" (you would think that it would be located at Great Fish Isle, but it's destroyed), the simple aesthetic change to the hammer to give it a skeletal design rather than generic metal (great move Nintendo, I dug the hammer loads), and numerous other points of interest.
I liked pulling chests up from the water with the aid of the GBA.
That's something I never got to do. Connect the GBA and activate the Tingle-Tuner :ohwell: At least I didn't like Tingle all that much.

D3m0nhunter719

Smash Cadet
Word. Contrary to what many believe, I found Majora's Mask to be far more tedious than every aspect of Wind Waker. I loved all of the slight differences seen throughout the game, such as making the first dungeon fire-based, and the second forest-based rather than vice versa; the third dungeon somewhat water-based, but not a true "water temple" (you would think that it would be located at Great Fish Isle, but it's destroyed), the simple aesthetic change to the hammer to give it a skeletal design rather than generic metal (great move Nintendo, I dug the hammer loads), and numerous other points of interest.
I will agree that the time limit thing in MM is quite tedious but you had to go back in time alot less in MM then you had to sail in WW.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yea but by that point I had basically explored the whole world as much as I could so to go on this horrible fetch quest goosechase got old pretty quick. I wouldn't have minded if it was less pieces to get and if you didn't have to do all the map BS.

But, sailing in general was awesome and gorgeous. I love when the weather is stormy especially.

I thought Wind Waker was generally a lot better than Twilight Princess. It's been years since I played through either of them (about to play through WW again as soon as I find my old memory card), but just about everything about WW, I just loved it a lot more than TP, TP felt kind of soulless, and had a pretty bland art direction and color pallete to me too. The Link in Wind Waker for instance, has so much personality in his animations than TP Link. Same goes for every character, really.

also lol that Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is a choice but not the CD-I games

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

I can sum this up in with one comparision.

World of Warcraft.

I don't think people are a big fan of traveling, is the thing. I mean, we would rather be killing hordes of minions and actually gaining something than spending that time traveling. And it's not that we don't take in the sights, we do. But in the end, having to keep track of what's going on during a battle is more engaging than holding down a button to move. Which is why we're so joyous when we can avoid just problems (faster mounts, warp songs, etc.).

And again, why is the Triforce charts a big problem? Like WoW, it's tedious. It's frustrating going back and forth between areas to pick up one thing. And you never know if you're in the right spot, or if something good will even come out of it.

Yet here we are, many of us fans of the game(s) (myself included for BOTH), and even with these downfalls, we still go back and play em.

(Sorry for the WoW comparisions, but having played it for 5+ hours, your brain is just thinking of it at all times)

Top Bottom