• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Victory theme?

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultbayonetta:'s victory theme, even though the melody is pretty common in her games' soundtrack.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ness from Melee. It was nice to have an actual Earthbound song even if the Brawl Mother song is still good. I also like Mario's for nostalgia and Falcon's Sm4sh for silly reasons. Bayo's is also a jam.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Fully agree with Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch: retro reps often seem to get the best victory fanfares.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Considering I'll probably just Yoshi's themes, perhaps due to personal bias (although I'd still prefer it if they'd use something from Yoshi's Island rather than Yoshi's Story but they're all still really good), I'll list the one from each game that I like best after Yoshi's.

Smash 64: The Legend of Zelda.
Melee: F-Zero.
Brawl: EarthBound.
Smash 4: Mega Man.

That said, I don't like how they recycled the victory themes from Brawl in Smash 4.. and seemingly again in Ultimate. Especially when, overall, I preferred Smash 64 and Melee's victory themes over Brawl's, especially F-Zero. I hate what they did with that one in Brawl and doesn't do the original tune any justice if you ask me.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
:ultkrool:'s sounds nice based on the match on Nintendo's YT channel
:ulticeclimbers:I've always liked
If :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:'s victory tune is the same as the "Smash Ultimate x Castlevania" jingle during the 8.8 direct, I'll be one of my favorites.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
all the 64 jingles (except :falcon64: and :fox64:) - I like obviously fake 90's instruments way better than real instruments
:ultwario: - so much WAHttitude!
:ultness::ultlucas: Brawl/3DS/Wii U - just something so magical about this victory theme!
:ultdk::ultdiddy: - somewhat of a strange choice to use the bonus round victory, but I sure as 'ell ain't complaining!
:ultinkling: - I wouldn't call this one a favourite, I'm just putting it here to express my gratitude for the arranger(s) not using those obnoxious squid noises from the Splatoon OST in it.
:ultolimar: - playful and bouncy. I like that.
:ultrob: - I'm so glad this is an actual song from Stack-Up instead of some made up tune, and it's really catchy too!

as for least favourites:
anything from Melee (except :ultgnw:, but even then I prefer his Brawl theme) - I prefer fake instruments over orchestra.
:ultsonic: - it's taken straight from 06, and isn't even that good a jingle on it's own. give me the Sonic 1/2 stage clear instead, even if it's unedited.
:ultfox: - boring. all the StarFox music except SNES Corneria is boring.
:ultshulk: - MY EARS ARE BLEEDING

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I never liked victory themes in Smash 64. The way the game did all of its music was unbearably bad in my opinion.

I never played Melee until a few weeks ago because I never owned a copy, but :ultgnw:'s is nice. His victory theme is unlike any other in that game, and I like it personally. It's a real shame that they went with something else in future games.

Now the victory themes for :ultsnake: and :ulticeclimbers: brings joy to my heart. Smash Brawl was the first Smash game I was avid about. Snake was my main, while the Ice Climbers were my friend's main. They're clear winners for Smash Brawl.

:ultwario:'s victory theme was my favorite by default. It was my third favorite in Smash Brawl, most of the victory themes in Smash 4 were ported from that game, my two favorites were cut due to the exclusion of the characters they were designed for, and none of the new ones were any good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom