• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite swordsman?

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
I just picked up Marth and I'd have to say right now he's my favorite melee swordsman. But Link is the greatest video game character of all time.

LoZ series FTW!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
In order it's Link, Marth, Y.Link, Roy. Link has some decent spam strategies and his extended grab comes out real quickly. :x Link's priority is good, but he's also slow and not very mobile, things that kill Link's approach game.

DrunkenFury

Smash Rookie
I gotta roll with Young Link because I play him as my main, and a fire spike is pretty **** sexy. I also like playing characters that are less used and lower tier.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
definetly it would be Roy over Marth simply because Roy has a better sword then him and can pull better aerial combos and as for Link, he reigns over young link because he inflicts more damage and although YLink has a better speed, he doesn't have a good range for attacking with his projectiles

...so I would rate them is Roy(being best),Link,Marth and YLink(being the worst)

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
Gannon. he has a sword, but he doesnt use it. that just means hes so bad ***, if he uses his sword, youll get owned...indubitably

edit: but seriously, Roy. his name is cool, his sword is cool, and the fire. thats baller

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
In Melee, Marth. Then Link, Roy, and the munchkin.
IF this could go into Brawl, then Metaknight, Pit, Marth?, Link, Roy?, and that munchkin doesn't deserve to be in Brawl.

Shinki

Smash Cadet
Link ftw! Not only does he have a sword, he can throw all kinds of **** at you ;D. Though all my friends disagree and say Marth is better, though I got two of them to change their mind after I've killed their Marth many times with Link ^^.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Marth main, so of course, I'm gonna say Marth.... for gameplay

After years and years of Marth, I randomly decided to pick up Roy as like a 6th character <_<. The freaky part of it all is, Roy honestly has a cooler sword, cooler standing pose, and a cooler costume.

But that may just be because I've been looking at Marth for who knows how long... But I honestly find that Roy looks the coolest, but of course, in actual fighting, Marth owns everyone. :p

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
It's Link. I think Link is one of the two best in this game. He's also the coolest character in all games there are.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Link is also my favorite if I had to choose, but the fire emblem counters are pretty hot.
I retract my previous statement. I was fooled by all of Link's flashy gimmicks, but it's obvious that Roy dominates all those other sword-newbs. plus i like his flashy gimmicks better.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Real men play Marth. :p

Although when I first got the game I did play Link since I'm a HUGE fan of the series of Zelda.

Mar~

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:
Top Bottom