• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Pokemon Game?

S2

Smash Lord
I really like the originals, Red/Blue.

I skipped gens 2/3, but Pearl feels like I'm playing the same couple wild pokemon over and over the whole game. Given the amount of pokemon that exist, I shouldn't feel like I'm battling the same fight over and over.

Oh well, Pearl's single player is lackluster, but the online and other features make it a really awesome game.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Yellow. You've no idea how many hours were passed with that game.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Has to be yellow, since I have no other pokemon game. (well I use stadium to use triple speed for pokemon training). I wanna get diamond/pearl some time soon.

KingBulbinX

Smash Apprentice
well me and my friend shared green and a gameboy and would bring it to school so we could take turns taking it home and playing then bringing it back so it wasnt really mine. My first personal pokemon game that i owned all to myself was yellow. so its my favorite.then sapphire(the 2nd game i had to myself.)

Atsu

Smash Ace
The Original Red/Blue Version. Can't be the Original.

FireRed/LeafGreen were also descent.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gold, and yellow, that is all. :) I like Gold because it had some new pokemon, plus all the original pokemon I already knew, but now I see pokemon I do not recognize at all. :(

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm going to say Red or Blue, because its cool to think that the original was the best.

rhan

Smash Hero
My fave was Gold because it added so much cool stuff to the pokemon world and also traveling to the other region was awsome! To relive those old memories..... *sigh*

Cpt_EJ

Smash Cadet
Blue, Silver, and Diamond are my favorites. Blue was the first one I got and by far the most fun.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I loved Gold and Silver (and Crystal, I guess; an upgraded Gold and Silver is pretty awesome). Getting 16 badges and ending up fighting Red/Ash/Guy in RBY was way too cool. I also liked the many new things that they added to the game like Day and Night. Is it just me, or is the time and day in the game always off? The second generation of Pokemon is my favorite set. I didn't play the 3rd generation.

Man, I played Gold for years, until the game erased itself...I almost had a complete level 100 team: 5 lvl 100 and 1 lvl ~90. It took forever, especially since I didn't have a cheating device. I would've died of exhaustion if I knew EVs and IVs existed. Haha, my team totally sucked, looking back on it now.

Diamond is pretty cool. I like the upgrades such as Wifi, graphics, and new techniques. That's what keeps it fresh for me. There are only a few of the new Pokemon that I like. The rest are just meh, but you warm up to them eventually. It's a really good game and I enjoyed it (I still need to finish it). If it weren't for the online battles/trades and battle tower, I probably wouldn't have gotten the game, because it gets boring and lonely if you don't have anyone to play with. Is it me, or is Team Galactic lamer than Team Rocket? The stuff that the Galactic Grunts (at least the majority of them) say are so...embarassing? I don't remember Team Rocket being like that. Then again it IS a long time ago; I don't remember what they said.

LightningKimba

Smash Cadet
Mine's would probably be Emerald. The Battle Frontier was epic to complete, I racked over 300 hours on that game. Crystal was kinda cool, but only in the japanese version there was that cool pseudo-Wi-Fi building...

Vexen

Smash Rookie
Definitely gold and silver. I've heard rumors of those two games being remade under the names "shiny gold" and "shiny silver" much like leaf green and fire red. One can only hope this is true...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Blue all the way (nothing against Red, I was just a Blue player).

Take note of this: Mewtwo from Red & Blue is more powerful than... well... any of the new Pokemon (except maybe lame Arceus). Unfortunately, it is impossible to import him to the newer generations.

Oh boy, I'm about to rant. To keep it nice, clean, and short: Generation 4 sucks. 3 was alright, and 2 was great. But nothing -- nothing can and will ever compete with Gen 1.

Charmander was my first Pokemon in the game series and my first Pokemon card. None of the later generation starters will ever beat Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle. **** imitations...

Definitely gold and silver. I've heard rumors of those two games being remade under the names "shiny gold" and "shiny silver" much like leaf green and fire red. One can only hope this is true...
Other rumors state that it'll be DawnGold and DuskSilver. This is corroborated because at the title screen of Gold it was the dawn of a new day, and dusk on Silver. Also, in Pearl and Diamond, there are Dawn and Dusk stones (I believe) which may allude to both the Dawn and Dusk versions of Gold and Silver. I'm hoping for re-releases of the two games eagerly.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The Original Red/Blue Version. Can't be the Original.

FireRed/LeafGreen were also descent.
I agree with this, Gen 1 rocked.

I also loved Gold/Silver, as they were awesome.

Speaking of a new Silver/Gold, I think THIS is what people are looking for, it's not real... yet, but it will be at some point, I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TORCdmx3m2o

mzink*

Smash Ace
aww man i was in love with red/blue as a kid, of course im fond of leaf green/fire red as well.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Other rumors state that it'll be DawnGold and DuskSilver. This is corroborated because at the title screen of Gold it was the dawn of a new day, and dusk on Silver. Also, in Pearl and Diamond, there are Dawn and Dusk stones (I believe) which may allude to both the Dawn and Dusk versions of Gold and Silver. I'm hoping for re-releases of the two games eagerly.

It has also been rumored to be something along the lines of GoldSun and SilverMoon. Dont know where I heard that though but it makes sense because Ho-oh was often put with the sun while Lugia was put with the moon.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
I used to be a mad Pokemon player back when i was a kid. i put in a new set of Batteries in the Game Boy and killed them in 2 Days. Now adays iplay Diamond about once a month. Heres my list of favoretes.
1.Silver/Gold
2.Cristal
3.Red/Blue
4.Yellow
5.Diamond
6.Stadium 2
7.Stadium
8.Emerald
9.Snap
10.Rubby/Saffire

I just found a wild :pikachu:

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver by far. The original gen is by far the best most original creative and fun filled time period. Unlike the ones after it, being slow with repetitive Pokemon that look like cow droppings.

Mewter

Smash Master
I think the best games were Pokemon Stadium, pokemon Yellow, and pokemon Gold. I thought these were the most creative(and I liked seeing shiny versions of my pokemon just by nicknaming them.)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Red/Blue.

With G/S/C coming in a close second.

The originals were just too good to put anywhere but first.

In fact, just for fun, I'll list them in order of favorite-least favorite.

1. Red/Blue
  2. Gold/Silver/Crystal
  3. Emerald
  4. Ruby/Sapphire
  5. Diamond/Pearl
  6. Yellow
  7. Fire Red/Leaf Green

At least, those are the handheld adventures.

Don't get offended by my choices; I love all of the Pokemon games, so if a game is listed low on my list, it's not really that low in reality.

Well, I love all of them except for the Mystery Dungeon and Ranger spinoffs. :laugh:

Top Bottom