• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Opponent?

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
whose your favorite character to fight against while your the almighty mario?

Mine is R.O.B. hands down.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
R.O.B. is annoying...

Mine will have to be Snake... although no one around here plays as him.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ganondorf; even the good ones take nearly 35 dmg from and Utilt lock, easy to juggle, and gimping Ganondorf is just too easy...that's more easy than really fun though...

I guess Lucario and Marth are fun, challenging, but fun.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
DeDeDe for me. He's huge, so it's not that difficult to get a hit in or cape him. His enormous grab range makes it challenging for me. Trying not to get grabbed while hitting that % on him.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
DeDeDe for me. He's huge, so it's not that difficult to get a hit in or cape him. His enormous grab range makes it challenging for me. Trying not to get grabbed while hitting that % on him.
Ugh DDD...kudos to you for taking the risk, but I just plank and camp whenever I see a DDD.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Yea, **** that semi-infinite..... My favorite opponent as Mario is defs Fox. I just enjoy gimping him, and he makes for a pretty interesting fight, due to his great combo (you know what i mean :)) skills.
I don't know why he'd CP Fox, Fox does pretty bad against DDD's CG too, only difference is that it's not an infinite.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
I personally like fighting against lucas, so much fun. When he thinks hes gonna recover with up b i just put his psi thing out with fireballs =P

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
DK and Shiek, no question. Very even matches, and both are easy to combo because of their weights and fallspeeds.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I love playing against Wolf and Ike. They're really easy to combo and gimp for me and I love shield grabbing Wolf's Fsmash into throws that lead to gimps.

I've also come to like playing Snakes..they just aren't frighting anymore.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
DK and Shiek, no question. Very even matches, and both are easy to combo because of their weights and fallspeeds.
shiek?! wheres the fun in shiek?? lol

and am i the only person that likes taking on rob? huge target, i can get cape happy, double spikes. its too epic.

btw, only fun if the rob is agressive. any campy rob is just like "ergh shoot me in the foot"

and do u guys really find it fun fighting snake? i think its more tedious then anything with his ftilt garbage...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
and do u guys really find it fun fighting snake? i think its more tedious then anything with his ftilt garbage...
It takes a lot of time to get used to fighting Snake, but once you start getting used to fighting him you'll start to realize that you can stop most of his spam with the FLUDD, camp him with fireballs, badly harass his recovery, juggle him easily, and that he gets badly screwed by Up B OOS.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
and do u guys really find it fun fighting snake? i think its more tedious then anything with his utilt garbage...
Fix'd

Utilt is the new black.

But yeah, Snake is terrible either way you slice it. Mario has options, but Snake can cause some serious problems if you can't kill him.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I find Snake enjoyable just because of the challenge.

Marth used to be the same way until I started to win too much...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
The main thing that makes Snake hard is his weight and KO power. Like Matador said, if you can't kill him you'll have a lot of trouble. I emphasize a lot on neutralizing Snake's stage control and juggling him. His ground game is tough, don't get me wrong, but you can use Up OOS to punish his atks. Ftilt is also decent against Snake since it clanks and hits under most of his tilts.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Marth used to be the same way until I started to win too much...
I thought I was the only one who realized this. There's no way that matchup is 65:35 Marth.

Mario mains are epic...but there has to be some sort of cut-off. We can't beat the odds this frequently :laugh:

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I used to like fighting Marths.. but it just got too easy, cause most Marth players underestimate Mario..

Snakes I can fight percent-percent... but I just can't kill them, makes me sad... so I'll be at like 100%, I die, then they'll be at like 180% and still won't die =/ I use Luigi mostly against Snakes.

My favourate match up is against DK, he's just too fun to combo ^^

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
I thought I was the only one who realized this. There's no way that matchup is 65:35 Marth.

Mario mains are epic...but there has to be some sort of cut-off. We can't beat the odds this frequently :laugh:
I don't have any trouble with Marth either. I win alot, and I've played
some good ones.

My fav's are Ike and R.O.B.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I don't have any trouble with Marth either. I win alot, and I've played
some good ones.

My fav's are Ike and R.O.B.
Who? Oreo? pshhhht. I can't imagine thats the good marth you're talking about :laugh:

The right answer to this thread is luigi, because it's classic, and it's what this game's all about (super smash BROTHERS)

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Ike....gives me troubles (at least the ones that know how to use him)
You just have to be patient and wait for an opening in his Nair and Fair spacing/camping. Once you get a hit in he's fairly easy to combo, Utilt works wonders here, and once you get him off stage he's basically helpless since FLUDD can gimp both his recoveries. I suggest Cape on his Quick Draw though, much easier. Save the FLUDD for pushing him away when he recovers with Aether.

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
Hmmm...... I'd say my favorite person to fight is..... definitly mario. Because its such a balanced fight. If you win a ditto that means your just better than that person with whoever you guys used. MAkes me feel good lol! and it really challenges your skills. It also lets you learn more about mario in general if your facing a pro.

Famous

Smash Champion
Believe it or not, my favorite opponent is MK...Another Mario(Boss) is always fun to fight. I say Boss since he is the only Mario main I get to play

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
Out of all the mario players..... The renowned ones.... like judy, matador, boss, box7 all of those people. Who have you played... i knoe u said boss but is that the only one? Famous.

Famous

Smash Champion
Yeah, Boss is the only one I've played so far...The last time I played him was at C3 last month...I taught him how to cape dash and such..

Matador rarely comes to any tourneys and other Mario mains like Judge Judy lives too far away to be seen at tourneys I go to...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, Boss is the only one I've played so far...The last time I played him was at C3 last month...I taught him how to cape dash and such..

Matador rarely comes to any tourneys and other Mario mains like Judge Judy lives too far away to be seen at tourneys I go to...
Yar, I still haven't seen this dude. Looking forward to playing him whenever we end up at the same tourney or smashfest or w/e.

Edit: "This dude" being Famous XD

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman

That's the best way to be. Let everyone think that they have the clear advantage.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I like fighting Diddy's simply cause it's funny as hell once I get control of the field and diddy players just sit there like "UHHHH WHAT THE **** YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH MY ****"

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I like fighting Diddy's simply cause it's funny as hell once I get control of the field and diddy players just sit there like "UHHHH WHAT THE **** YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH MY ****"
I love messing with Diddy's and their banana's, the "WTF DONT TOUCH MY ****" expression is sooo true xD

I used to main Young Link in Melee and I juggled bombs... so playing with bananas are pretty fun ^^

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The Links,Wolfs, Marths, Ikes and DKs. All easy gimps/spikes.

Oh and Falcon.

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
Who? Oreo? pshhhht. I can't imagine thats the good marth you're talking about :laugh:

The right answer to this thread is luigi, because it's classic, and it's what this game's all about (super smash BROTHERS)
lol not Oreo. :p we need to have moar mario V weegee fights. lol

Top Bottom