• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite move on your main and why

Aouzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aouzy-Hitsuji
Inklings splatbomb and Isabelle's fishing rod are both pretty satisfying when you land them. Some people don't realize she can still nab you when they jump over the hook.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, Simon's Dair too! When I don't kill myself with it that it...

Last edited:

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Snake main. I love watching my friends panic when they notice that red C4 dot, and their screams of surprise and anger when they don't.

THERE!

Honorable mentions go to the upsmash suprise, the BEEP BEEP fun rocket of edge guards and early kills, and the shhhhhh go to sleep dthrow.

7 or 7

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1094 6225 9234
Chrom's Up-B, killing you opponent for trying to edgeguard you is the most satisfying thing ever lol. His Nair and Fair are probably his best moves but I love his Up-B so much lol, even if it isn't the best recovery option.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Lucario’s Back-Air. Easily one of the most satisfying moves to land and kill with once you get the spacing right.

For Lucas, well, PK Fire! It’s just that useful for the PSI kid, and it can kill in this game too! PK Freeze has also gotten way up there with how deadly it is in this game.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Chrom's Up-B, killing you opponent for trying to edgeguard you is the most satisfying thing ever lol. His Nair and Fair are probably his best moves but I love his Up-B so much lol, even if it isn't the best recovery option.
That doesn’t grab the ledge going up, so if the opponent is playing correctly, an off stage Chrom should be a dead one much like Captain Falcon. I would think this would be a Chrom main’s least favorite move.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I can't really decide between Yoshi's u-air and dair. The u-air is great for getting kills off the top as a finisher, but I've always loved how long the dair lasts, and how much damage it does.

Honorable mention to f-tilt, egg throw, and bair.

For Ike, his u-air, just for its surprising power and reach, and it's a strong improvement over his Sm4sh u-air.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I really love the improvements to Sonic's homing attack. A very safe tool for racking up damage and the fastest possible one isn't easy for opponents to react to. But when a charged one can hit, it can actually kill in some places or at least put them in a disadvantageous spot where Sonic can move in to attempt some edgeguarding.

I also used it to cheese most of the challengers (Keep in mind this was also before the patch that made Challenger AI easier) I failed to beat the first time after clearing Classic Mode with the different characters (There were only 2 that I still failed to beat with Sonic, Lucas and Dedede)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I already replied, but shoutouts to Robin's thoron.

It's so bizarre in a game of charged energy balls, Robin's the only one that has a Dragonball style beam.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Down air on everyone I play except K. Rool, in which case it is back air. Honorable mentions are Flame Choke, Warlock Punch, Flare Blade, any form of counter, and Blunderbuss.

Azura Ahai

Smash Rookie
Palutena’s back air, a shield right to the face. Bonus points when you land it off stage and send em straight to the shadow realm.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Let's see...

:ultpit:
-Infinite Jab: Its new animation is so amazing, and Pit looks vicious with a serious expression when you do it. And when you go frame-by-frame, you can see different poses you can take as snapshots. Tons better than the spinning bow he did once before.
-N-air: It's one of those moves that does quite a bit of pressure and can be used in different situations.
-Down-B: I just like the defense his Guardian Orbitars provide, him looking serious, his occasional "haha" when you use it, the satisfaction of deflecting a projectile to KO an opponent, and he has a fabulous pose after he's not reflecting anymore at the right moment.
-U-tilt: I don't use it much, but just the thought of Pit doing a double kick upwards is something special. Pretty much one of the only moves he has where he doesn't use one of his weapons, and I personally wish he'd have more moves of him delivering powerful kicks.

:ultbowser:
-N-air: The way Bowser spins is great on its own, but this move has served me well a lot, granted against certain spirits that is, but it has multiple hits that can rack up the damage when it connects right. Plus seeing Bowser being this athletic is astonishing.
-B-air and F-smash: Even do this day, the thought of Bowser doing dropkicks is still kinda hilarious. They're both also powerful.

:ultincineroar:
-N-air: This move is just so good. It comes out fast, its strong hitbox when it first comes out is surprisingly strong, the lesser hitboxes linger for a while, and has little landing lag. Honestly all his aerials are good.
-Neutral-B: That Lariat is a great move, comes out fast, word has it it has invincibility frames somewhere, and can do good damage to shields with its multiple hitboxes. So if you want someone off you, this might be a good choice within reason.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
My boi G-dorf's f-smash. Sure, you could say his Warlock Punch or d-air is more iconic, but there's nothing like hitting your opponent with a giant ****ing sword that has an equally giant ****ing hitbox that does giant ****ing damage, especially when it's the match ending move.

D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon: The Falcon Punch.

Explanation: It's the Falcon Punch, man.

VillainFan42

Smash Cadet
NNID
VillainFan42
3DS FC
4511-1345-7864
Richter's Holy Water. I absolutely LOVE the way the Belmonts play, but their attacks are so slow. It's a fair trade for the insane range on a lot of them, so I don't mind. With that said, any way to immobilize an enemy to set up an F-Smash is welcome.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
hmmm I don't have a main but Jigglypuff is my go to...
My favorite "move" on Jiggs is definitely Jump.
That move is great for everything and combos into all of his aerials and is also an awesome recovery.
Yes I'm being ironic but also serious.
Jump button is the real mvp and is a real move since it makes jiggs move.

Garolymar

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4129-5499-6687
Olimar's side tilt. It feels pretty good when you manage to kill with it. Sometimes he needs to show his little plant buddies he can dish out some pain just as well as they can.

Tbh though I do miss his drop kick side tilt from Brawl, even if it didn't really call back to anything it was a really good tilt.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:ultmario: Up smash - it’s literally everything you could possibly want in a move.
:ultdoc: Back throw - Possibly the move with the single best animation in Smash. It’s even better if you shout “YEET!” while doing it.
:ultjigglypuff: Dash attack - My favorite thing about this is that it isn’t even an attack, it’s Jigglypuff faceplanting and you just happening to be in her way.
:ultchrom: Forward tilt - This is actually one of the stupidest moves in Smash. It has the speed of a tilt, the power of a smash attack, and it’s on an extremely fast sword character. I think every Chrom player has won games that they shouldn’t have with this move.

Steran

still learning
NNID
Death
Switch FC
SW 1887-2353-4502
Nair it's such a fast and beautiful move.

D

Deleted member

P H A N T O M

Go ahead and hate me, but phantom was a horrible move in Smash 4. When i seen the buffs to it, i almost teared up. That move was a god send. Its a edgeguard tool, combo tool, and can even be a finisher/kill confirm with the right reads. I love this move.

JKincaid

Smash Rookie
:ultbowser:F-Air. The edge guarding, platform pressure, and anti approach capabilities make this move really satisfying to use

:ultganondorf: F-Tilt. SPARTA. Good range and kill power

:ultpacman: N-Air. It's such a good get-off-me tool

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
:ultdaisy:Daisy: Up Special
Sure, this is the same as Peach's but I like Daisy better so... Her Parasol is quite useful as it gives a little glide. Not to mention, she could already float in the air.
:ultbowserjr:Bowser Jr.: Neutral B
The cannonball
is a decent attack and it can be charged. The Up Special however, is a close second.

WoW Tarv

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3431 0382 0347
Mewtwo’s upsmash. I’m going to create a swirling galaxy of explosion above my head.

Shades_

Smash Rookie
Palutena's graceful back throw. It's not her strongest or most useful move, but getting kills with it is so damn satisfying.

Mint Tea

Smash Rookie
Doctor Mario's down b is such a satisfying move to land, I'm a sucker for spinning attacks and ones that can be used to kill are top notch.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I actually like King Dedede’s back air cause it’s a big meaty hit that feels so ****ing satisfying when you land it. And the sound it makes is god-like when it hits is just orgasmic DX

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Getting an off-stage kill with :ultdoc:'s tornado is the most satisfying thing ever.

Top Bottom