• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite move on your main and why

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I’m maining King K Rool, and I love how cruel is backthrow is. He slides your face across the ground and throws you away like garbage. Its not anything special like his d-throw but it’s satisfying to do imo. I use it a lot if it does t cost me anything.

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
G&W will be my main forever even though I didn't want to make my "mains icons" the same character over and over again

Obviously the 9, but bacon flips and turtle nips are honorable mentions for the Milan Cathedral of smash bros moves

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ness's PK Fire is a great damage racker and setup tool (I love following it up with a forward smash).

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Spirit Battle CPU: *grabs fire flower*
Me, a lowly Mii Gunner: *Holds down Down-B*
Spirit Battle CPU: *empties the fire flower ammo at me*
Me: *gets healed to 0% damage* :troll:
Spirit Battle CPU:

Last edited:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Currently maining Wario, and I love his shoulder bash dash attack.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ike's forward tilt.
"Huh, but why, that's just a plain old slice"

Simple, it's his entire moveset and character boiled down to one. simple. motion.
His power, his speed, his accuracy, his reach, his dexterity, his simplicity, his technique, his surprising effectiveness.
"Simple, but effective" explains not just this move, but his entire combat style, and Ike as a person.
Also helps it's one of the few canon moves Ike has in his arsenal next to Aether and jab3.

Not a fan of that forward smash though.

Last edited:

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
Ryu’s heavy uptilt. A surprisingly good anti-air and has lots of invincibility frames. If timed right, I believe it can even hit cloud landing with his d-air. I also like FA. Can use it to end matches quickly against scrubs and cancel from a heavy tilt into a shield break.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I'm attempting to learn Isabelle at the moment pretty much entirely based on her fishing-rod play. Being able to grab people in the air and from such extreme range makes her air game and ledge-guarding much more interesting - and those are turning out to be quite important elements in Ultimate.

_gold_

Smash Master
I mainly play Samus/Dark Samus. Through time, I've grown to really appreciate her u-tilt actually. Has great range that can reach the lower platforms like on Battlefield. Has actually fairly impressive knockback. And it sometimes catches people hanging on the ledge off guard. And of course it spikes too which is nice.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Ddede: Back air. Fast, funny, can camp out opponents, edgegurad, and great way to Dede**** on your opponent.

Xfire

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7577-9083-5019
Incineroar's Alolan Whip (Side-B) is extremely satisfying to use when I get that perfect input. It's also fun to look at when I get a last stock kill with it. Same for Up-Throw, although it's more for stamina matches in Spirits mode.

Pokemon Trainer? Using Down-B is good enough for my boys to get into action. Feels great to change the tides with different play styles.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
PK Thunder (Ness) is heaps of fun when you land a killing headbutt.

Senator Phillips

Smash Cadet
Simon's Cross. It controls space marvelously, messes with opponents' recovery, sets up combos and is generally just a good move to continually throw out whenever it's safe to do so.

D

Deleted member

:lucas::4lucas::ultlucas:
Lucas' Neutral-Air:

Great Combo tool
Safe
Does good damage
Combo's into itself
Great Hit-Box

Honorable Mention:

Down Smash:
Great Damage.
Almost impossible for the enemy to grab the ledge.

bet

Smash Rookie
Incineroar's neutral b has a gigantic hitbox and lasts super long, good for small reads.

ps_

Banned via Warnings
I’m maining King K Rool, and I love how cruel is backthrow is. He slides your face across the ground and throws you away like garbage. Its not anything special like his d-throw but it’s satisfying to do imo. I use it a lot if it does t cost me anything.
I feel like you'd enjoy Ridley. Can't quite place my finger on why.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
Peach's down throw, I love the way Peach lays her opponent on the ground jumping up above them to sit down forcefully with her looking down at them knowing that she's sitting on them!

R O F L

Smash Ace
Olimar's down air. Specifically Olimar's purple down air. Spiking someone to their death with that is so satisfying, more than other spikes because of how late Olimar usually kills.

StaticXY

Smash Rookie
Inkling's Up Air - it's good damage and easy to pull off, especially on Battlefield.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultlucina: Fsmash. It's just... It's really, really good. It's fast. Has range. Covers above. It's a fantastic finisher for a stock when someone's trying to be fancy, and a great way to get a low percentage opponent off the stage for some edge guarding. You don't have to worry about landing the tipper, and with the new ground/running mechanics in Ultimate, this is possibly the easiest-to-use Fsmash in the game.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
I like Warios backthrow you know where he spins and throws the enemy so hard that he can ko them at early stages.

Wario is a mixed bag. I dont like his bike and i dont like his fart, should be replaced with Wario charge from Wario Land and Wario butt attack, but i like his bite, spins and ultra.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Pokemon Switch. It is a good dodging move and a nice way to change playstyle or get better properties or moves for the situation (e.g. escaping from combo's by going to Squirtle or preventing people from gimping me by switching to Charizard with his extra air jump, Flare Blitz, and Fly).

Brozmosis

Smash Rookie
On Falco up tilt has some of the greatest utility, but his dair is my favorite because spikes, man. On Samus/Damus down tilt makes me happy. Incredible range and really nice edge guards.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ivysaur's F-smash. It's strong, it has good reach, it is somewhat safe thanks to hurtbox shifting, charging it is effective, and its animation makes it just a really fun move to watch. I love the way Ivy slingshots herself forward with her vines.

Honorable mentions go to Charizard's U-Smash and Squirtle's Withdraw.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
For some reason corrin's side special, especially if you land a good kick after with it, is always really satisfying.

generalminus

Smash Rookie
Just added Little Mac to my list of mains. I know I'm late to the crowd, but his KO Uppercut is EXTREMELY satisfying when dealing with annoying opponents. I get pumped every time I actually land it

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Bowser's Forward Air because of how good it is at approaching. Up Tilt is also a pretty strong contender. Essentially, King Koopa's Claws.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Richter's down special Holy Water. That's the move I love to use against my enemies. It's effective and leads into a lot of things much like Ness's PK Fire from Smash 4. Only difference is that Richter has more to work with when they're trapped in it.

NGW

Smash Cadet
R.O.B.'s aerials in general, spiking with dair is particularly satisfying of course. His dthrow into usmash is a great kill confirm now too.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Probably Mewtwo's Fair. It's just so... broken. It's super fast, it kills, it has surprisingly long reach for how quick it is, and it even combos. Definitely my favorite move to just throw out in the middle of a match, though Nair and Shadow Ball definitely get honorable mentions as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom