• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Book???

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Got to mention Margaret Atwood in any book thread. Oryx and Crake + Handmaid's Tale + reading the Blind Assasin now, all awesome.

Orwell's 1984 is definetely my all time favorite though.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Not in order.

Harry Potter.
Lord Of The Rings.
Eragon.
Some of those Star Wars side series.
Cherub.
Faeries Landing (Manga)
The Game.
*Ashamed* Twilight Saga lol

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I think cringing is probably the nicest thing one can do, considering, but I guess people can read what they want to.

I just started Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut and it's enthralling.

Shök

Smash Champion
I have to read A Clockwork Orange and Paradise Lost this year. From what I heard, those are some good books. Any good feedback?

sammy p

Smash Lord
im a fan of Harry Potter.
also there is this series called the last appretcie!! (NOTTHE RANGERS APPRENTICE)
it is almost like the HP series(as it has witches, and Boggarts, ect.) but it kind of spins it around and everything in a complete NEW direction and actually works GREAT! i actually almost enjoy that series more than HP series itself! i HIGHLY recommend it!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Ive read it seven times and it is the perfect ending to the most perfect series (did I mention Ima harry potter fanboy) second favorite book? Order of the Pheonix. Then? Goblet of Fire. Then? Half Blood Prince. Lets just say all my favorite books are Harry Potter. But right now Im reading War of the Worlds and The Time Machine. Both very good books. Highly recomended

Sinatra'

Smash Apprentice
I'm half way through house of leaves right now, It's really great so far.

the books I mostly read are stuff by Chuck Palahniuk, and I also like a few of Brian Jacques books.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
House of Leaves is an excellent book. It's one of my faves. Right now, I'm rereading Slaughterhouse-Five. I forgot how much I liked that book. :)

To answer your question, Dikastis Shock: both are pretty good. A Clockwork Orange is a bit off-putting at first because of the slang, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty darn good. Paradise Lost is a tad long-winded but it has really great moments, especially with Lucifer.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
There is no such thing as too much Vonnegut, it seems. I have a bad tendency to think whatever book I'm reading at the moment is my favorite, but it's just as well for two reasons: because I'm reading Catch-22 right now, and because there really is no way to pinpoint a favorite among the literary giants who never cease to impress me whenever I read a familiar book for the second time.

Sinatra'

Smash Apprentice
I have to read A Clockwork Orange and Paradise Lost this year. From what I heard, those are some good books. Any good feedback?
ah yes clockwork orange is real horrorshow, I recommend it.

and has anyone read Pygmy? I want to read it, but there is no where to check it out right now, and I was wondering if it was even any good...

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Cat's Cradle is great!

It's the only Vonnegut I've read, sadly. I need to pick up some of his other books.

however, to answer the topic title, my "Favorite Book???" would have to be the Harry Potter series.

I know that it's not a (single) book, but I can't really pick which is my favorite.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
Philip K. **** is an amazing Sci-Fi writer, his books are all about looking at reality in different ways. Recently, I've read two of his books, Eye in the Sky and A Scanner Darkly, both of which have been eye-opening.

Also, I don't like Harry Potter. Especially Deathly Hallows. Highly unsatisfying ending, IMO.

Don't kill me.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Ive read it seven times and it is the perfect ending to the most perfect series (did I mention Ima harry potter fanboy) second favorite book? Order of the Pheonix. Then? Goblet of Fire. Then? Half Blood Prince. Lets just say all my favorite books are Harry Potter. But right now Im reading War of the Worlds and The Time Machine. Both very good books. Highly recomended
The ending to the last Harry Potter was one of the worst endings to a book that I've ever read.

Oh and The Zombie War is really good, I'm reading it atm.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I have to say Harry Potter. All of them, really. I'm too much of a fanboy to be able to rank them. Each one has some significance to me. I practically know the first one by heart. Not that I can recite it, but when I'm reading it, I know every single word as I get to it. That's why I can't reread the earlier books.

Other books I'd rank highly: Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials, McHale's Pendragon series, the first three books of the Foundation series by Asimov, and LoTR. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot collections that I've read. The Hound of the Baskervilles was especially masterful.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Now I'm probably just being unoriginal, but I'm gonna have to say the Hitchhiker series.
I don't know which of them is my favorite, but it's probably Mostly Harmless.

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
manga: One piece (and naruto)
fat books: the lord of the ring^^
AND I HATE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom