• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i've gone through ep5 or so and it hasn't made me say "wow" yet... it's rather mediocre overall. i hate the character design, some of the dialogue is a bit trite, the moral/theme is sometimes rather forced, the "fighting" is meh.... not horrible, overall, but really not something i'd call good, either... i only watched it as far as i did out of sheer stubborness =./

FaTmAn2k20

Smash Journeyman
I like Naruto. a lot. I'm the first to admit I'm not a big anime fan, but I do really like Naruto. Anyone that hasn't seen it should check it out, although I don't really know whether anime purists would like it, because I don't know what to look for.

Shade520

Smash Apprentice
I have to second Dark Bulb's recommendation for Bleach. I was very impressed after watching the first episode, definatly an Anime that others should see...

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
If you toy around with that site... well then try My HiME, and School Rumble also. Those seem to be really hot... and My HiME is really really good :-p. School Rumble just happens to be funny... but its not great, but worthwhile I guess.

tomchan

Smash Rookie
without a doubt evangelion. close second is the beautiful gunslinger girl. mad props to anyone else who mentioned this (i haven't read alllll of the replies). as for favourite new anime, i'd say either fafner which is doing a better job ripping evangelion than rahxephon did or magical girl lyrical nanoha because she is teh hot.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
GoldenBoy: Completely examplifies the term "short and sweet".
If you have a broad sense of humor, check this one out.

Hellsing? Ew...horrible.

Sword Of The Berserk: Ohh man this anime is not one to miss. Good story, with some gorific action to back it up, also not one to miss. It's like if Hellsing is DBZ's story, Berserk is Naruto's story.

Evangelion: No need to explain =b

FLCL: Phucking hilarious, actually great action, and slick animation.
They need to make more episodes...they NEED to.

Oh yeah...and.....Hellsing...ew.

Shade520

Smash Apprentice
I enjoyed Goldenboy alot, definatly glad I purchased it.
Have many of you heard of Hellsing, I haven't seen past episode 3 but its pretty cool, The main character gives the show a good feel espicially his mundane attitude towards everything...it definatly was a good find.

tomchan

Smash Rookie
hellsing is quite popular. i got annoyed with it though, it didn't go anywhere and incognito was pathetic. walter pwns though, that was the one redeeming factor for me.

boogiepop phantom is another fave of mine. mmm spiders *chomp*

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I've enjoyed Mai HiME so much that I forgot it's almost over. Same thing as Bleach. I'm halfway done with Chobits also. It's alright. I DL hellsing but can't watch it cause my media player is truly ****ed up. Anyone know how to get rid of media player without formatting or reinstalling it? I want to fresh out my computer of media player so that I can install it fresh. It doesn't even play mp3's -_-

Samurai Drifter

Smash Rookie
My favorites are...

-Evangelion: Dark, disturbing, and (early on in the series) hilarious, it's the ultimate meeting of science and religion.

-Cowboy Bebop: I don't think there has ever been an anime that equals Bebop. It's got comedy, romance,, action, and tragedy...and by the end you've really come to love the characters. I even have a quote from it in my signature (the song at the very end of the last episode).

-Trigun: C'mon...who doesn't like Trigun?

-Rurouni Kenshin: I'm really into medieval Japan and the era of the samurai, so maybe that's why I like it so much.

Others high on my list include Boogiepop Phantom and Wolf's Rain.

dmac

Smash Champion
Originally posted by DireVulcan
Sword Of The Berserk: Ohh man this anime is not one to miss. Good story, with some gorific action to back it up, also not one to miss. It's like if Hellsing is DBZ's story, Berserk is Naruto's story.
Its just called Berserk. also, please explain your analogy, because I it really doesn't make any sense

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
One Piece (Original, not the dubbed) is my favorite. Excellent storytelling, lovable characters, and awesomely original fights that don't rely on powerups. I used to like Naruto best, but now its second to One Piece.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell, but has Mai HiME ended? It reached episode 13 but it doesn't feel complete nor did it end as if it were complete. Bleach also seems to be going further than 13 episodes, which isn't bad at all.

Psilocybin

Smash Rookie
Visions of Escaflowne
Wolf's Rain
Reign: The Conqueror (even though many people hate it. Don't really care.)

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
A friend of mine let me borrow a couple burned DVDs of anime. He hadn't even watched them and didn't know what they were. The person who labeled them wrote it with the japanese names. One turned out to be volume one of Oh My Goddess! and the other is a movie called Jin-Roh. (At least I think it's a movie. I haven't finished it.)

Jin-Roh has some cool action scenes. Explosions, shoot-outs, etc.. But otherwise it's really, really boring. I mean really.

Oh My Goddess! is kind of girly but it's way more interesting than the other one. The music is lame but the art is better. It's not the best but not bad. And, like 99% of all anime :), it's extremely close to becoming hentai. Not.. that.. I'm.. into.. that.. sort.. of.. thing..

He was supposed to give me Cowboy Bebop today but there was no school, so I'll have to wait.

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
Evangelion all the way!!!!!

I havent seen that many animes, but so far, Evangelion is by far the best ever!

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Im betting on Evangelion. Sounds like shinji to me,

ThunderBlaze

Smash Rookie
Aw man... in order of preference? Lessee...

Pokemon (all series)

Megaman NT Warriors

Beyblades (all series)

Zoids (all series)

Cardcaptor Sakura

Trigun

DBZ

Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy

Duel Masters

Yu-Gi-Oh

Digimon (all seasons)

Cyborg 009

Sorcerer Stabber Orphen

Neon Genesis Evangelion

For a person who doesn't buy imports, I watch a lot of anime... thanks Cartoon Network. Neh.

Oh, on a side topic, my favourite anime voice actor would be Eric Stuart. A classic, that guy.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Those can't possibly animes now can they:rolleyes:

ender, I said chobits because I thought it was one of the lines which chii reads in the stupid book series she kept buying. But when you said shinji, it now reminds me of a certain episode... I really dont remember which one though.

ThunderBlaze

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Dark Bulb 4.1
Those can't possibly animes now can they:rolleyes:
If you mean the ones I listed, then according to Absolute Anime (the site) they are all anime. Most if not all of them are listed there. Still, doesn't hurt to make sure. If you didn't say that to me, disregard this.

ANTX

Smash Ace
Originally posted by ThunderBlaze
Aw man... in order of preference? Lessee...

Pokemon (all series)

Megaman NT Warriors

Beyblades (all series)

Zoids (all series)

Cardcaptor Sakura

Trigun

DBZ

Duel Masters

Yu-Gi-Oh

Digimon (all seasons)

Cyborg 009

Sorcerer Stabber Orphen

Neon Genesis Evangelion

For a person who doesn't buy imports, I watch a lot of anime... thanks Cartoon Network. Neh.

Oh, on a side topic, my favourite anime voice actor would be Eric Stuart. A classic, that guy.

if you have an internet i would download some other anime right now.
BAD.
or, if you really like anime, i'll mail you some.

cuz that list made me sad...

ANTX

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Donkey Dong
I bet you haven't watched all of some of those have you? By the way, some of those aren't anime....
if that's directed at me, there's reasons i have not seen all of some of those.

some of those are very bad.

pokémon is still tite tho.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Duel Masters is on fox, I mean wtf. That list not only made me sad, but it made me happy I have the internet and a real good anime supplier.

And if beyblades is a show about spinning tops... then holy cow wtf

You top it though with possibly one of the greatest animes ever created in a list of childish doo doo. Pokemon and Yugioh still tite tho

dan smith

Smash Champion
I agree with my friend Antx...

Yeah....

The GOOD Anime from that list:
Trigun
DBZ
Cyborg 009
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Some of that isn't even that good...I only included Ultimate Muscle cause I think it's funny...and DBZ is only decent.

HORRIBLE CHOICES:
Pokemon (all series)
Megaman NT Warriors
Beyblades (all series)
Zoids (all series)
Cardcaptor Sakura
Duel Masters
Yu-Gi-Oh
Digimon (all seasons)

Zoids isn't that gawful....plus Yu-Gi-Oh would be good if it made sense.

Cardcaptor Sakura is just slow and lame...but almost decent.

Here is awesome anime everybody should love:

BERSERK
Hajime No Ippo
Full Metal Alchemist
Cowboy Bebop
Thundercats
Boogiepop Phantom

How'd ya like dem apples??

THUNDERCATS HOOOOO!!!!!

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by ender
Im betting on Evangelion. Sounds like shinji to me,
Yeah it's from one of shinji weird pycoligal thingys in his mind.. I think that quote is where Rei is talking to him about who he is and weird stuff like that.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I finished watching full metal alchemist after 3 days of being awake for a while. It had many tear jerking moments, and in the end, I was even more shocked it took me so long to watch it. This is now on my favorite list. I was dissapointed with the end though, it wasn't sad and it wasn't happy. What is it? Hope the movie makes sense.

I started watching RahXephon also, and its animation feels a lot like Evangelion but so far it feels extremely weird. I hope I end up liking it because I didn't go off getting 26 episodes for nothing >.<

Prince Redon

Smash Rookie
I love almost all anime, but some of my favorites are Saiyuki, Love Hina, Hellsing, Devil Lady, and Ninja Scrolls. That is only episodes...There are way to many movies that I love to name...But Voices of a Distant Star must get recognition, just because it is my all time favorite movie.

ANTX

Smash Ace
i don't understand how you guys like ALL of anime. who could like ALL of one genre?

that's like saying, "i've liked every movie i've ever seen!" or "i've never read a bad book" or "every single cartoon is flawless."

Jesi

Smash Ace
I kind agree w/ Antx, having no preference is like having no taste... However, I would agree with a statement that states that you "appreciate" all of Anime, or any genre, I think we all have our preferences tho..

Top Bottom